How do I rift?

General Discussion
Silly question but how do I rift? I tried public but won't let me so I did private and only seems to be bounties.
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3/20635663/patch-2-5-0-now-live#adventuremode
    The requirement for participating in certain difficulty levels in public games has been changed from current Paragon Level to highest solo Greater Rift clear, as follows

Torment I – VI: No Requirement
    Torment VII: Solo Greater Rift 30
    Torment VIII: Solo Greater Rift 35
    Torment IX: Solo Greater Rift 40
    Torment X: Solo Greater Rift 45
    Torment XI: Solo Greater Rift 50
    Torment XII: Solo Greater Rift 55
    Torment XIII: Solo Greater Rift 60

If you mean something simpler, as in how to start a rift / greater rift, then that's easy. In the town of any act, in Adventure Mode only, there is a big obelisk / pillar. Clicking on this gives you the option of a Nephalem Rift or a Greater Rift. In order to open a GR, you will need a keystone. Keystones are dropped by the Guardian at the end of Nephalem Rifts.
Gotta complete the campaign first to unlock adventure. Then gotta get to level 70. Then you can get rift keys from Nephlem Rift Gardians. Then you can do GRs.
I don't get it, is this a troll post?

You have 2 full sets, almost all ancient, you are at paragon 769, *you have 3 rank 50+ legendary gems*, and you don't know how to enter a rift?

Were you handed the account?
11/21/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Deus
I don't get it, is this a troll post?

You have 2 full sets, almost all ancient, you are at paragon 769, *you have 3 rank 50+ legendary gems*, and you don't know how to enter a rift?

Were you handed the account?

What do you mean? Are my sets any good? I got them like a long time ago.
??
Seems you don't have anything cubed either.......

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/items/kanais-cube

there are youtube video's that will explain how and where to get the cube.
Which cubes should I get?
Steeroids you seem to be quite new to the game.
You should really be doing season, more precisely, complete the season journey.

Why should you?
Season journey will get you through many things in Diablo you ought to know, such as the cube, uber bosses, enchanting, etc...
Will I get to use my character for season?
HC/SC season/non-season are completely separated game account, so to speak.

However, once a season end, all seasonal heroes join the non season hero pool, and whatever you won during the season (XP, items, achievements, etc..) will be added to non season account.

it's better to join a season at the start. Only because there will be more player starting at the same time as you and finding public game of your level (through chat) is the most likely to succeed

To answer you question, if you start your season today, you won't be able to use your barb.
You can "rebirth him" in season, but then he will be level 1 with no gear....
However, if you rebirth, time played, monster killed and other such historical info will transfer / be shared! :)

Finally Season have Haedrig gift that help quite a lot kick start a new character.
You get it for completing the first 4 chapter.
It's a full class set, and the first 4 chapter are relatively easy to do.
You get it once and you get class gear for the class opening it. Chose wisely! ;)
not worth it.
11/21/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Steeroids
not worth it.

well.. it's hard to tell from the top of my head what you might be missing then, that season will teach you about... BUt I am gonna try, so you give a go to some important (and less important) things you are missing out on:

- You are obviously missing kanai's cube, a big part of the game. Once you get the cube you need to learn about the recipes.
Useful recipes: mm... all of them! :-o
And also need to transmute a goblin ring into it. This is super valuable.

- I also suppose you never did uber and don't know how to create an hellfire amulet.

- this is less valuable, but you probably never did any set dungeon either.

Nothing else comes to my mind (I tell you that from memory, at work now)...