[PTR Monk] Inna set OP / Others same strong

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
11/24/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Vael
I see DH at 129, Wiz at 130, and even WD at 127. Inna doesn't seem that strong TBH.

All right, but Inna makes other sets useless. Finally, we will have only 1 build for push with certain stats for every item.
P.s. Other classes have different sets in the PTR leaderboards.
I dont see any reason to nerf Innas anymore than the Wiz or DH sets. They are all on par within 2 GR levels, minus some strange anomaly with Rift RNG.

11/25/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Cybah
Show me a valid 125+ clear with full Raiment on PTR. Then let's talk again.
Current top generator clears are INNA, not Raiment!

+1 to OP for suggesting looking into these problematic sets (monk section), thank you.
Balancing outdated sets and its mechanics is not the focal point for this patch.

It's far better to just stick with Inna for monk. Yes 1 set is toxic. Yes a global multiplier set shouldn't overpower specific set/bds. 100% agree to it in my opinion.
HOWEVER, its much more realistic from a current blizzard dev capability point o view to leave inna alone. Bottom line for Inna is at least its a global set and accustoms multi builds.

Celtic08, I'm totally agree with you.
11/23/2018 10:30 PMPosted by MonkChanges

Calculated Potential for every monk's build (with math):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTPiNihyMm7fBHqRc6jq8PwhLQQLMa_ZVfg3-beNv9TCnUkSas4FzxNzFqHWgsCaINjlQ02ff5o79Ii/pubhtml#
SWK WOL х6 Highest = 124. Multiplier = (15100/10100%). Potential ~ 127
Uliana х6 Highest = 117. Multiplier = (9100/2200%). Potential ~ 126
Raiment х6 Highest = 109. Multiplier = (500/200 × 6100/1400%). Potential ~ 125

Lol dude I dont understand why people downvote you but your math is correct.
Comparison of the 6pcs bonuses of generic buffing sets across classes:
Barbarian IK: 4000%
Crusader Akkhan: 1500%
Demon Hunter Natalya: 14000%
Monk Inna: 15000%
Wizard Tal Rasha: 12000%
Necromancer Inarius: 3750%

Apparently there is significant imbalance here. Blizzard should adjust the power of individual legendary items instead of simply buffing the 6pcs set bonus. The current approach is a lazy and natively bugged one. The correct way is to make these 6pcs set bonus even and adjust the associated legendary item power according to skill damage (e.g. by matching the items of other classes to Crusader Condemn damage*Sword*Sheild legendary buffs.
just an information, the inna bonus is 7500%, only crudest give full 15000%.
11/26/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Laozi
The correct way is to make these 6pcs set bonus even and adjust the associated legendary item power according to skill damage

You cannot balance sets by having the same number. Since the skills does different types of damage and react differently if you get more attack speed or something else.
Also with the added supporting legendaries.
And also how they deal damage. Some are meant to deal area damage, others more single target. You cannot just have the same number on sets and think it is balanced.
Barbarian and crusader got item that increase skill damage by 800%, so it is still balance in the current game.
Man the fun patrol is back.

Ask for buffs and never nerfs cause you are just asking for the fun to be killed. So many great builds have been killed by this behavior. The devs only take away and they rarely ever give. They got like 2 interns working on this patch so I doubt they will do much more.

Nerf away and call it a day is their motto.
Posted by MonkChanges

Calculated Potential for every monk's build (with math):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTPiNihyMm7fBHqRc6jq8PwhLQQLMa_ZVfg3-beNv9TCnUkSas4FzxNzFqHWgsCaINjlQ02ff5o79Ii/pubhtml#
SWK WOL х6 Highest = 124. Multiplier = (15100/10100%). Potential ~ 127
Uliana х6 Highest = 117. Multiplier = (9100/2200%). Potential ~ 126
Raiment х6 Highest = 109. Multiplier = (500/200 × 6100/1400%). Potential ~ 125

Lol dude I dont understand why people downvote you but your math is correct.

not sure, but the R6 was done with lower shenlong-buff, right? 1,5%/Spirit and 100%--> gives an additional x2 and bumps R6 to 130
11/27/2018 01:19 AMPosted by TuneOut
You cannot balance sets by having the same number. Since the skills does different types of damage and react differently if you get more attack speed or something else.
Also with the added supporting legendaries.
And also how they deal damage. Some are meant to deal area damage, others more single target. You cannot just have the same number on sets and think it is balanced.

These can all be resolved by adjusting the power of supporting legendries, by buffing either damage or attack speed bonus percentage. Generic set bonus should be approximately even across classes. The Akkhan set is too weak so the other Crusader builds relying on Akkhan except for Condemn (e.g., Blessed Shield) will be dead after the patch. The Inna set is too strong so all the other Monk class sets will be dead after the patch.
11/27/2018 12:56 AMPosted by Atomfurz
just an information, the inna bonus is 7500%, only crudest give full 15000%.

That's a lot of. Keep in mind that current records were set up without Turbohud / Helpers so Inna's potential is much higher.