Why are you guys hanging out for a "Blizzard response"?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
What are you expecting?

"We're sorry. We're really, really sorry. Diablo: Immortal was a dumb (and insulting) idea. We've cancelled it and fired everyone who supported the project. Furthermore, we've moved all our developers from other projects back onto Diablo, to expedite the production of Diablo 4 (yes, it's coming!), and Diablo 2: Hell Reborn (yes, it's coming!). Both of those should be out next summer. Finally, we've had a quick whip around the office and bought out all Activision's stock in Blizzard. Things haven't been quite right since they got involved, and we recognise that. From now on, we'll be the Blizzard you used to know. We have a number of great new games in the pipeline, which we'll let you know about Soon(TM). Once, again, we're really, really, sorry. I hope you can forgive us. See you on Battlenet! :D"
- David Brevik (Hi from Irvine! *wink*)

Nope. It's going to be a brief, carefully worded "holding statement," vetted by a dozen managers, Chinese partners, and corporate media types to make sure the "talking points" stay "on message". Whatever else it says, the word "sorry" is unlikely to feature.
Why waste their energy on an apology that most people won't believe? They'll speak with actions or not at all.
Highly Rated
We are a hardy group of people, and we have the patience of saints. Because of our upbringing in the styles of Diablo we are also very disciplined and determined when it comes to grinding.

If it's a war of attrition Activision Blizzard wants to play, I'm sorry to inform them they have trained their enemies (the core fanbase) far too well. In a sense they have created the monster that will devour them.
11/12/2018 01:46 PMPosted by NopSlide
We are a hardy group of people, and we have the patience of saints. Because of our upbringing in the styles of Diablo we are also very disciplined and determined when it comes to grinding.

If it's a war of attrition Activision Blizzard wants to play, I'm sorry to inform them they have trained their enemies (the core fanbase) far too well. In a sense they have created the monster that will devour them.

Still hitting that "Add Reply" button in hopes of a perfect roll.
They won't cancel it anyway. They already said they will go mobile with all IPs.

They should just be honest that they [removed] up the blizzcon and had nothing worthy to present for Diablo. I guess the rumours were right about the cancelled D4 (or whatever it will be named) announcement. So they should just admit it and apologise for hyping us up when they have nothing interesting to show (at least for us PC nerds).

Maybe they could even give a vague ETA for the next PC release. I don't take it as a promise, i just wanna know if it takes 2 years or 5 years until we can expect something new.

And they should really get closer with the community. Someone is getting paid for interacting with us and i rarely see any blue post in the forums. Just because its a huge company doesn't justify the silence over months.
Why are we on the forums? We've already been burnt dozens of times by the same company, so none of us is expecting any uplifting news.

I'd reckon most of us just want to see them fail one more time, if nothing else, to say "I told you so" to the insane apologists.
11/12/2018 01:46 PMPosted by NopSlide

Ya I’m still up for doing Diablo forum runs looking for that perfectly rolled Diablo Response the blues keep hinting is out there. Bring on the grind boys!
It's the Charlie Brown trying to kick the football syndrome. Lucy being Activision Blizzard and the football new good content for the Daiblo on PC/Console. Lucy keeps teeing it up, we keep saying not again and then try to kick that dang ball only to have it yanked again.

Reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055wFyO6gag
I'm just following this as an experience, a case for studies purposes only. Something like "how don't do an annoucement". ;)
Well, I've already decided to not be a Blizzard customer any longer. However, I'm still curious what the response to this will be. If the response is what it should be, I would still be willing to reconsider my stance.
I stopped playing Blizzard games years ago when I saw the direction they were taking D3. It was very obvious that the game I wanted would never be created because Diablo had to be casual-friendly in order to boost sales.

D3 was the last Blizzard game I bought without doing any research because I was still in that stupid naive state where I thought Blizzard was a quality company. Well, D3 quickly cured me of that nonsense. Then I saw Blizzard release games that were casual knock-offs of other successful games and I knew that there was no going back. Ever.

Still, years passed, D3 fanboys continued to fanboy and gave Blizzard a pass on everything. I was labelled a troll for disagreeing with the group-think on here. And then finally D:I was announced and the wizard behind the curtain was exposed to even the most diehard of fans. Everything I knew about Blizzard was suddenly not a "conspiracy theory" but cold hard truth for everyone.

I just like coming here to see gamer after gamer realize that the Blizzard they knew no longer exists. I watch as one by one people come to the same realization that I had to come to, that Blizzard has lost its touch and will always put microtransactions above quality.
11/12/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Inquisition
What are you expecting?

"We're sorry. We're really, really sorry. Diablo: Immortal was a dumb (and insulting) idea. We've cancelled it and fired everyone who supported the project. Furthermore, we've moved all our developers from other projects back onto Diablo, to expedite the production of Diablo 4 (yes, it's coming!), and Diablo 2: Hell Reborn (yes, it's coming!). Both of those should be out next summer. Finally, we've had a quick whip around the office and bought out all Activision's stock in Blizzard. Things haven't been quite right since they got involved, and we recognise that. From now on, we'll be the Blizzard you used to know. We have a number of great new games in the pipeline, which we'll let you know about Soon(TM). Once, again, we're really, really, sorry. I hope you can forgive us. See you on Battlenet! :D"

You read my mind.
Feel free to criticise me but... This what i think is going on on their heads:
- Well... We thought that the same way we transitioned from PC gamers to phone gamers our fanbase would follow the same trend since many fans have kids and/or have grown with us and have no time to play on PC anymore, mobile is the future and it makes money, we thought it would go well... Seems not... Now do we apologize for this miscalculation or not? If we do, we admit that we goofed and it will be a definitive proof that we are disconnected from our fans but we can sound humble and have our fans forgiveness and even some try out our mobile out of sympathy or if we don't and insist that the game is good maybe they could give it a try and even like the game, but it will sound obnoxious to our hardcore PC gamers fanbase that has followed us for years... Yeah... At least we can make money without apologizing...
11/12/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Inquisition
What are you expecting?

Nope. It's going to be a brief, carefully worded "holding statement," vetted by a dozen managers, Chinese partners, and corporate media types to make sure the "talking points" stay "on message". Whatever else it says, the word "sorry" is unlikely to feature.
I thought I was dreaming. You got my hopes up more than blizzard lol
Because it's fascinating.

In the same way that a horrible car accident is fascinating.

The unfortunate reality is that if nothing was ready to show at Blizzcon, anything new is likely a very long ways off (including a remaster or DLC). It's probably too little too late for a lot of people.
11/12/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Hehmilton
Because it's fascinating.

In the same way that a horrible car accident is fascinating.

That's true. I want the blues to post so their words can become memes like they have in the past.
We have been playing Blizzard games since the 90s. Still around.
What did you expect? "Here is D4?" "Make your druid in D3?" "Marry my wizard?" You've got to remember that these are just simple devs. These are people of the Corporation. The common clay of the New mobile platforms. You know...morons.

Was hoping for a blazing saddles reference so FTFY
11/12/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Hehmilton
The unfortunate reality is that if nothing was ready to show at Blizzcon, anything new is likely a very long ways off

A long way off... or not even planned.

The fact that they didn't even do an Elder Scrolls 6 style tease suggests the latter to me.
I'm not waiting on an apology. To be honest this forum has become a time killer on coffee breaks at work. Despite the major lash-back at Blizzard for shenanigans lately, I still kinda hope we're all mistaken and they'll show something worthy for the name Diablo, a game series I've enjoyed since late 1997.