Diablo 4 Cinematic dungeon

General Discussion
Yeah those weapons are ridiculous. Hate this Asian style in games.
Can't get past the stupid looking weapons..
11/15/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Ouroboros
Ok boys I have been salivating for half an hour time for you to do the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3pgqiO4hmE

Gamplay looks alright, but I really dislike the anime graphic style they have going on. Everything feels too flashy and sparkly glowy for my tastes. Did the one guy's whirlwind really need all those flashing colours and swirls? Feels like it's going overboard. The oversized weapons just look too damn goofy.
Don't really hate them but they are comically huge lol.
11/15/2018 02:35 AMPosted by AlKatiba
No, I stopped watching when I saw 2 guys carrying weapons which were at least 2 times as large as themselves.

korean and Japanese art style... if you don't like it don't play it.
Monster hunter, FF, Devil may cry, etc. it's a classic asian art style..

I LOVE asian art styles
11/15/2018 10:44 AMPosted by OnlyReaper
11/15/2018 02:35 AMPosted by AlKatiba
No, I stopped watching when I saw 2 guys carrying weapons which were at least 2 times as large as themselves.

Yep, that is how I will handle it.
I mean I like the art style and all, I think the weapons look great personally. But as I said it looks similar to Devilian and that game lasted 3 years. Maybe its much better, there is just not enough info about a western release yet.
Small... you know, big weapons.
Looks like every JRPG/KRPG/CRPG I've ever played. The UI especially just bothers me.

Not that those games can't be good. There are definitely some good ones. Just that it doesn't look new or innovative.

That is my intent. It looks like it could be a fun game and all so by all means you go ahead and play it if you want. I'll stick with other ARPG's that suit my aesthetic tastes as well as have the gameplay I'm seeking. I appreciate the video link, it looked like they had an interesting premise with their cinematic dungeons.
Do you people realise the OP was talking about the Cinematic Dungeon, and not the game ifself?

It starts about 15 min in.

And that looks really awesome. The ideia is great!

Something ARPGs could really implement to improve their depth and immersion.

EDIT: The OP didn't manage to be clear about it, thou. But hey, watch it, try to forget about the huge weapons for a sec. It's worth it.
Weapons are way too big. Looks boring too... I scrubbed through the video and everytime I stopped they were just walking? Never really saw them fighting anything, certainly not constant hordes of monsters which I expect from an ARPG.
This literally doesn't look that much different from Diablo III, and the weapons are absolutely obnoxious looking. No...just no.
yeah thats right.. keep dreaming noob..

downvoting.. booo!
only 1 class has big weapons the warrior, and there are 12 different class's, thing is this game has stuff to do, unlike d3, when you play a game like this, you see how bland and boring d3 was and still is, game is empty.
lmao the weapons are !@#$ing stupid yeah.

The game looks interesting but its just going to go the way of BDO did. The devs on the western release will promise the game will never be p2w then the korean company that runs it will just keep releasing %^-* that the others promised would never be in the game.
When I look at a lot of other ARPGs (even newer ones), they seem to lack the fluidity that I feel in Diablo 3, a game released more than 5 years ago. The environments and enemies are often animated better (something Lost Ark seems to do well), but the actual character usually looks like it's more disconnected than D3. Some games are actually more like WoW in that they come much closer to tab-targeting than I'd expect in a title billed as an ARPG.

Lost Ark actually looks better than most. It looks like something I'd want to give a try. Something about how the characters run and move seems a bit off. I believe it's not really billed as an ARPG, but more of an ARPG/ traditional MMO hybrid?

Anyone play the game and can comment on how the controls feel? Particularly as compared to D3 (but WoW, or any other title would be useful, too)
I would try that with an EU release.
On a 5 inch screen I'm sure they are...