Blizzard's Polygon Interview For Immortal Backlash

General Discussion
https://www.polygon.com/blizzcon/2018/11/3/18059222/diablo-immortal-blizzard-response-blizzcon

It's full of lies and poorly done damage control. I'll just respond to some of the stupid things said in it.

#1 - If you have multiple projects in the works as you say, why the hell wouldn't you announce them at Blizzcon? Even a "we have nothing to show you yet but we're working on [Project]" would've sufficed. This is the Diablo community. We're patient and we're used to getting nothing for years, so any kind of announcement would've made myself and I'm sure plenty of others happy.

#2 - He then goes on to say that they're hoping once people get their hands on it, they'll probably enjoy it. He also says that people who have played it so far have enjoyed it. Who? The only person I've seen giving any sort of thumbs up is Kripp in his latest video. Everyone on Reddit, including Red Shirt Hero who got to test it out didn't care for it and actually did play it.

I have never once had an interest in downloading an entire full fledged game to my mobile device. Do you when we play mobile games? When we're pooping. Seriously. That's when we load up Angry Birds, Candy Crush or whatever's popular on the phone today.

Stop pretending that you're doing this to "connect mobile gamers" and give people an opportunity to play a Blizzard game on mobile.

#3 - Give poor Wyatt a raise and never do that to him again. I've never seen someone look so uncomfortable and so distressed on stage at Blizzcon. He obviously didn't want to go out there and he had no clue how to handle the situation. He improved so many things about this game, only to be torn apart at Blizzcon 18 because of executive greed.

The part I can't get over is that it's not even being developed by Blizzard. It's being outsourced to an Asian mobile game studio named NetEase.

Again, if you guys are working on MULTIPLE projects as you say, why the hell wouldn't you at least talk about them? We don't even want details at this point, we just want confirmation that something is in the works. You could've just flashed a Diablo 4 logo, a D2 remaster logo, a new character concept or hell, at this point, even a new patch in the works. I think you guys underestimate how little our expectations are for this franchise.

You shouldn't have had a panel at all this year.
"Everything is going to be ok. We know what is best for our customers and they will all change their minds when they see this amazing product we are making. Anyone that disagrees is just a toxic-masculine, man-baby troll!"
11/03/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Tetra
"Everything is going to be ok. We know what is best for our customers and they will all change their minds when they see this amazing product we are making. Anyone that disagrees is just a toxic-masculine, man-baby troll!"

Pretty much. I've never seen a product get so much backlash before but they're hell bent on making sure this thing launches. Gotta get those micro-transactions.