Barbro Legends

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Not gonna bother with the mobile game to be honest. Was thinking about picking up the Switch version till I saw they want another $60 for a game that is going on 7 years old. I'll pass on that too.

Really the only thing that will bring me back to the Diablo world will be Diablo 4 if/when that ever happens. Was really hoping that would be announced at Blizzcon and well, we all know how that worked out......
Ill be busy playing game of life.

If I feel the need for some online action, Ill most likely just jump onto a "switch brain off" thing like World of Warships. Just get in, kill bots, chat !@#$ with other drunks that are generally old farts like me, or older (am 40 now lol). So its usually Friday or Saturday night after Ive had a beer....or 12.

Business is just too busy and substantially growing. Next year we launch our new model designed to scale with accounting firms including new branding, recruitment drive, new products and services (moving from fee per hour to contractual bundle). So thats going to require a lot of attention.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to Start Citizen when it launches, prolly 2023 or thereafter.

Cheers
CC123
Played season 15 quite a bit. Cleared GR106, made #17 with para 1115 or so (#49 atm). Then I had to decide whether I completely submit to the "dark side" and do rat-runs to grind paragon and get small gear upgrades, gem levels for a couple more GR tiers...you know the drill.

I chickened out and began leveling a Hardcore barb. Before this, I´ve never managed to level one to 70 lol.

Death #1: Lost the WW setup. I went into a 68 and for some reason Barbed Lurkers dealt way too much damage. I procced and wanted to run out of the rift, but a stray one near the entrance hit me and my health drained as if I had no resists...n00b HC mistake was keeping keys and gems in inventory, ouch. :)

Death #2: Lost LeapQuake setup. Had like 1.2B tougness so there was no way I could die. Note that I usually have unplayable latency between 7-10 p.m. That day I couldn´t wait much longer and logged back in 10 before 10. I died cause my Leap didn´t take off hahaha.

Death #3: Lost R6 Hammer setup. This is a memorable one. My 23 month old nephew was over and stepped on my cat which cried out. I ran afk to save her without hitting Esc. Note that this was after killing a RG, so there were supposed to be no monsters. But apparently there was the upper body of a zombie from before RG spawning haha, which owned me :D

Leveled back up again, now keeping 2 spare pieces of each set in stash. So yeah, had it not been for the legendary Diablo @ Blizzcon 2018 fiasco last weekend, I would probably continue playing HC and get into top 50 or something. D3 is a really good game. I might continue in a few weeks but I just don´t feel like it atm.

As for gaming-time substitutes, I usually shuffle between movies and tv shows. But recently, I´ve been reading more manga, even some Korean manwha and Chinese manhua. Tales of Demons and Gods was great and from the comments under the chapters I found out it was actually derived from a light novel, which I then proceeded to read (has 470 chapters now but almost stopped updating, only once per month it seems). The stuff in there would make an awesome action RPG (I have a clear vision of an epic Diablo/Pokémon mix with the Druid-like demon spirit fusion from that story), but it seems like they only made a toned down mobile game so far ._.

Currently reading Coiling Dragon, but it started out slow. I´ve logged into PoE a few times this week as well, but I lack the motivation right now. Maybe next league, we´ll see. IRL upped my income by 66% since June while still only working around 5 hours per day on average cause I´m lazy like that and money is not my main priority in life (my solo Law practice + helping sis with her executor office), but I´m quite happy overall.

But now that summer´s over and I stopped cycling, I´m only really sitting in front of the PC, like all day, I suddenly gained a few kilos (1.9m / 87 kg or 6 ft. 2 2/3 inches / 192 pounds), while I was at 170-179 pounds the last few years, so I´ll be sure to put in some effort and exercise more.

Good luck and have fun.
Reading a lot of Lacan, preparing for comps, revising and publishing articles, dunking on capitalists. You know, the usual.
11/06/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Evenstar
I will be playing WoW classic when it comes out. It’s going to be casual this time, but at least servers are not going anywhere, no xpacs released on top, so I will have all the time in the world to enjoy it and progress.

It's nice to have a game were you can relax and not feel rushed. I myself have never played any of the WoW games. They always seemed so overwhelming for me when I looked at the UI.

11/07/2018 06:33 AMPosted by serro
11/06/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Evenstar
I still miss playing WoW somewhere deep in me, but I can’t force myself to play the abomination it has become.

I share this sentiment completely. My significant other finally stopped playing but I used to marvel (and despair) that they effectively turned the game into a GR grind-fest (Mythic Dungeons) with the only difference being supposed 'versatile' group compositions (good luck getting into a decent group without being one of the META classes) and the fact you have to be a pay a subscription fee to play. She would try to rope me back into playing and point out how limited D3 was compared to WoW but at least our crappy GR-fest is free!

Another monthly expense is tough to include on top of the monthly expenses life already has.

I agree, it has been way nice to have enjoyed D3 for as long I did and still for many other players, and all for a single reasonable price for the game and expansion(s). Overall, much cheaper than a monthly subscription fee for sure.

Aye serro, Istvan's Paired Blades ftw!!!

11/07/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Haybaler
I will keep playing D3 . I have no intention of stopping at the moment . As long as I still enjoy it why not .

Every now and then I think about firing up D3 again but then I realized I did as much as I wanted to already.

Glad you are still finding enjoyment in it. There is tons to do especially if you play more than one class (unlike me, only Barbo).

11/07/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Dza76Wutang
Been focused on lifting. Open to trying diablo immortal but can't see how Diablo and mobile UX mesh well.

Not really interested in POE, just doesn't do it for me like D3 does.

Dude, I've been really working hard on my diet and workouts this year. I still have much more to work on but it's awesome to hear there are other barbros focusing on this too.

Yo, I'm totally sorry for never getting back to you on the game you created. The truth is that I don't have much time with life, work, and the little social life...that when I get time to play it's really hard for me to not play the game that I'm trying the most to get better at. I won't even tell you now that I'll "try" to get to it, if I do i'll just post you my thoughts :D

About PoE...honestly I would give it one last try when they release the next expansion on Dec 7th. The game has come much farther along. I mean if you feel like playing a Hack N Slash game and can't find one, I'd def give PoE another try in the upcoming month.

11/07/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Tom
I still play D3 and I still have some friends playing. I do not know how long I keep playing D3 though. It is less fun not only because there is no new content but also the player population drops so much.

I guess I will spend more time on snowboarding or drama if I quit D3. Probably not playing other ARPG. Not sure yet. I will wait for another release of Diablo franchise just like what i did between D2 and D3.

Well, from what I've gathered so far there are signs of a bit of new content for D3. I was watching a Rhykker vid and Nevalist said in his live Blizzcon stream that there is D3 content coming, but was very unclear of when and what...of course.

11/07/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Death
Not gonna bother with the mobile game to be honest. Was thinking about picking up the Switch version till I saw they want another $60 for a game that is going on 7 years old. I'll pass on that too.

Really the only thing that will bring me back to the Diablo world will be Diablo 4 if/when that ever happens. Was really hoping that would be announced at Blizzcon and well, we all know how that worked out......

Yea the mobile version is def not for me. I'll give it a try just to know what it is (so long as it's not $60 on release) but every game I've tried to play on my phone just never works out. I do like the easy click games for when I visit the toilet but I don't see myself spending hours grinding on my phone for sure.

I'm still debating on BO4 bro! But, when I get home I end up firing up OW. I really value the competitive rank mode...i know we are all noobs in the end but competitive rank mode does bring that "Chess Strategy" thinking to the table which elevates the win or loss.

PoE will be my priority next month though...hoping you give it another go bro!

11/07/2018 09:44 PMPosted by CC123
Ill be busy playing game of life.

If I feel the need for some online action, Ill most likely just jump onto a "switch brain off" thing like World of Warships. Just get in, kill bots, chat !@#$ with other drunks that are generally old farts like me, or older (am 40 now lol). So its usually Friday or Saturday night after Ive had a beer....or 12.

Business is just too busy and substantially growing. Next year we launch our new model designed to scale with accounting firms including new branding, recruitment drive, new products and services (moving from fee per hour to contractual bundle). So thats going to require a lot of attention.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to Start Citizen when it launches, prolly 2023 or thereafter.

Cheers
CC123

One day I'll move to Australia and I'll submit you my resume! Glad to hear your business is still going strong! We'll have to catch up someday on Discord. Even if you don't stick to it you can try to join me and whoever else on PoE launch day, simply for the laughs and to catch up for a bit.

11/08/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Nubtro
Played season 15 quite a bit. Cleared GR106, made #17 with para 1115 or so (#49 atm). Then I had to decide whether I completely submit to the "dark side" and do rat-runs to grind paragon and get small gear upgrades, gem levels for a couple more GR tiers...you know the drill.

Legit.

I chickened out and began leveling a Hardcore barb. Before this, I´ve never managed to level one to 70 lol.

Death #1: Lost the WW setup. I went into a 68 and for some reason Barbed Lurkers dealt way too much damage. I procced and wanted to run out of the rift, but a stray one near the entrance hit me and my health drained as if I had no resists...n00b HC mistake was keeping keys and gems in inventory, ouch. :)

Death #2: Lost LeapQuake setup. Had like 1.2B tougness so there was no way I could die. Note that I usually have unplayable latency between 7-10 p.m. That day I couldn´t wait much longer and logged back in 10 before 10. I died cause my Leap didn´t take off hahaha.

Death #3: Lost R6 Hammer setup. This is a memorable one. My 23 month old nephew was over and stepped on my cat which cried out. I ran afk to save her without hitting Esc. Note that this was after killing a RG, so there were supposed to be no monsters. But apparently there was the upper body of a zombie from before RG spawning haha, which owned me :D

Leveled back up again, now keeping 2 spare pieces of each set in stash. So yeah, had it not been for the legendary Diablo @ Blizzcon 2018 fiasco last weekend, I would probably continue playing HC and get into top 50 or something. D3 is a really good game. I might continue in a few weeks but I just don´t feel like it atm.

Def tons to do in D3. Almost forgot the HC aspect to it. That's a whole different way to play D3 as well. Many more different strategies versus SC.

Currently reading Coiling Dragon, but it started out slow. I´ve logged into PoE a few times this week as well, but I lack the motivation right now. Maybe next league, we´ll see. IRL upped my income by 66% since June while still only working around 5 hours per day on average cause I´m lazy like that and money is not my main priority in life (my solo Law practice + helping sis with her executor office), but I´m quite happy overall.

Money is not all. Glad to hear you value that. And, while I'm amazed that we have an Attorney in the barb nation, I am not surprised by your detail analysis history of the Barbarian mechanics.

Hey, I'll be there on PoE next league too guildy!
I bought d3 for the switch. Its the first time I've played this game since April of 2 years ago. It's actually fun, died on hc like a scrub with the necro. I no longer have a working PC otherwise I'd probably join kingben in the ow scene. that game is a great one to play. Havent played anything competitive in probably a year.
Reading a lot of Lacan, preparing for comps, revising and publishing articles, dunking on capitalists. You know, the usual.

Don't let this post distract you from the fact that Communism is historically responsible for more deaths than any other ideology on the planet.

Also, Hillary is still nacho President.

K carry on
For anyone contemplating PoE a stash tab sale is going on starting evening of 11/8/18 in the US through the weekend.

$20 for First Blood pack gets you 200 points and 1 stash tab and a weapon cosmetic (1 per account only).
Same $20 gets you 200 points ala cart, so get the bundle.

Currency Tab, Stash Tab Bundle (6 tabs) and 2 Upgrade to Premium Tabs (used for trading) will spend your 200 points and should cover you pretty well for a long while.
Don't let this post distract you from the fact that capitalism is historically responsible for more deaths than any other ideology on the planet.

Fixed that for you, Arch. You must have confused communism with the economic system that oppresses global populations for the extraction of surplus value.

But considering your voting record, I don't expect you to look up stuff like facts. Consider yourself dunked on.

https://i.imgur.com/5cItRbg.gif
11/08/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Free
oppresses global populations for the extraction of surplus value

An example would be ActLizzard
11/08/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk
@anyone wanting to discuss politics,

Hey, I'd be really cool if you saved your political ideologies for another thread. Would really like to keep things light and positive here. Thank you.

11/08/2018 04:41 PMPosted by henry
I bought d3 for the switch. Its the first time I've played this game since April of 2 years ago. It's actually fun, died on hc like a scrub with the necro. I no longer have a working PC otherwise I'd probably join kingben in the ow scene. that game is a great one to play. Havent played anything competitive in probably a year.

Yo, glad to hear you're enjoying gaming again. I knew you had pc issues and felt bad about it. Also, my FB page has less cute kitten post :D, and more variance! haha.

11/08/2018 09:23 PMPosted by GhostDragon
For anyone contemplating PoE a stash tab sale is going on starting evening of 11/8/18 in the US through the weekend.

$20 for First Blood pack gets you 200 points and 1 stash tab and a weapon cosmetic (1 per account only).
Same $20 gets you 200 points ala cart, so get the bundle.

Currency Tab, Stash Tab Bundle (6 tabs) and 2 Upgrade to Premium Tabs (used for trading) will spend your 200 points and should cover you pretty well for a long while.

Good point!

In PoE you can buy Stash Tabs to your needs, so when they are on sale it's a good idea to grab some if you intend to make a good use of them. My advice would be to wait and see if you gonna stick around long enough to need Stash Tabs. They go on sale often so no worries if you miss this one.
I don't expect to play Immortal. Tbh I've been slowly losing interest in D3, even before the Blizzcon fiasco. Most of my friends have already drifted off. They're playing Destiny 2. I'm not hugely enjoying it so far, but I'm a total noob, so am going to press on a little more.

When I play D3 now it's mostly my HC barb (hello Nubtro). I can do 90s under 10 mins with leapquake, but can also proc on really bad elites, so am not going higher for now. I need to sort out some IK Hota gear; that's another HC-friendly build.
haha kb. You know I tag you in each potato related post. need everyone to know your Idaho roots
All done with Diablo. Been playing Divinity: Original Sin. Really fun old school turn-based RPG. Feels good to use my brain again.

I'm in for new PoE season in December. I will practice my ninja-looting skills. KB is the ultimate ninja-looter.
Playing POE. I still suck but I'm getting better. I'm done with D3. i don't live in China and I don't do games on my phone. I think I have a phone, doesn't everyone...
11/09/2018 06:34 AMPosted by KingBenjamin

Hey, I'd be really cool if you saved your political ideologies for another thread. Would really like to keep things light and positive here. Thank you.

Agreed!

Also, just started playing Warframe and I may end up getting deeper into it. Seems like an interesting game.
11/10/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Dartok

Agreed!

Also, just started playing Warframe and I may end up getting deeper into it. Seems like an interesting game.

Hey man, I am crazy for warframe. If you d like, you can find me in game: my user name is Prokahn. Nice community there as well
I got my buck this weekend bow hunting so I will have a little more time to game now. Looks like more EQ for the time being.
11/09/2018 09:59 AMPosted by gooball
I don't expect to play Immortal. Tbh I've been slowly losing interest in D3, even before the Blizzcon fiasco. Most of my friends have already drifted off. They're playing Destiny 2. I'm not hugely enjoying it so far, but I'm a total noob, so am going to press on a little more.

Yea, it will need some serious mechanics to lure my interest as well. Way to early for me to say I won't but the odds are against it haha.

11/09/2018 09:59 AMPosted by gooball
When I play D3 now it's mostly my HC barb (hello Nubtro). I can do 90s under 10 mins with leapquake, but can also proc on really bad elites, so am not going higher for now. I need to sort out some IK Hota gear; that's another HC-friendly build.

HC def adds another element to the game. Makes decision making more important. Which makes it more interesting...and more rage haha.

11/09/2018 11:44 AMPosted by henry
haha kb. You know I tag you in each potato related post. need everyone to know your Idaho roots

Don't worry bud, they know, they know. I always order a large order of freedom fries along with a side of a nice happy jacket potato.

11/09/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Siladil
All done with Diablo. Been playing Divinity: Original Sin. Really fun old school turn-based RPG. Feels good to use my brain again.

I'm in for new PoE season in December. I will practice my ninja-looting skills. KB is the ultimate ninja-looter.

If I was like 85% hyped for the next league, now that you are in, now I'm 1,000% more hyped.

Me: [sound: Dong!] Oh what was that?

Sil: [glimmering at the white text of an Exalt]...silence....oh nothing just some crap loots.

Me: [inside voice: !@#$er found something good I know it!!!] koo koo [I gotta get better at ninja looting!]

11/09/2018 09:21 PMPosted by MaddogXXX
Playing POE. I still suck but I'm getting better. I'm done with D3. i don't live in China and I don't do games on my phone. I think I have a phone, doesn't everyone...

I call this one the classic: "1, 2, Mayweather combo"

PoE got lots of fun stuff for sure.

11/10/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Dartok

Agreed!

Seems like Warframe is gaining some momentum and gaining a healthy fan base.

11/11/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Felix
I got my buck this weekend bow hunting so I will have a little more time to game now. Looks like more EQ for the time being.

Grats dude!...got a pic? posted on my Discord: https://discord.gg/TACkH8