Blizzard Pulled Diablo 4 Announcement From BlizzCon

General Discussion
People, play what you want !!!
Hate between players will not lead to anything !!!
This is only on the hands of the developers !!
Let's be friends of the peoples !!?!?!?! ??!?!?
FRANCE!!))
11/05/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Awax
11/05/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Tyr1337
Warlords of Draenor was %^-*ing fantastic

Immediately invalidates anything else you have to say lmao.
LMFAO I think you're a !@#$ing moron to be honest with you... I mean I loved making my own little community and the whole new aspect of the game that they added that they literally stole from Star Trek online but it was still freaking awesome
They pulled it from 2017 Blizzcon as well... according to Kripparian.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/331436906?t=2h43m36s

Activision compared cost to produce D4 vs. cost to pay NetEase to make the mobile Diablo Immortals. They then saw how the attempt to add the RMAH to the game (to monetize it) failed miserably and them compared the profit potential from both types of games.

You can see which one won.
11/05/2018 12:03 PMPosted by SENDI
Hate between players will not lead to anything

I don't think I've ever seen so much unity among the players. Diablo 2 fanboys and diablo 3 fanboys embracing each other as we both sink into the cold depths with not a life raft in sight.
11/05/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Tyr1337
11/05/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Awax

Immediately invalidates anything else you have to say lmao.
LMFAO I think you're a !@#$ing moron to be honest with you... I mean I loved making my own little community and the whole new aspect of the game that they added that they literally stole from Star Trek online but it was still freaking awesome

WoD was objectively the worst expansion (excluding BFA which could still dethrone it). It had so much content cut, the story was pants on head retarded, there was nothing to do besides raid and farm herbs in your garrison lol. It was catastrophically bad.
Friday:
Activision Execs: This is going to be Great! These dweebs will love the mobile only content! They eat up anything Blizzard makes even though Blizzard is subbing this one to a chinese group. Look at the revenue we will get with all of our existing customers going to mobile and all the candy crush fans coming over too! We don't have to spend expensive development $$ on PC/Console games anymore.

After the backlash
Activision Execs: Those toxic masculine woman haters don't like it, quick get our friends in game journalism to shill for us and blame the fans. Surely this will die down fast.

Monday as the push back grows
Activision Execs: Ok to save our phony jobs tell them via our journalism friends to leak that we were going to mention D4 but we pulled it at the last second. It's one of our projects that will be out soon (wink wink)
11/05/2018 12:08 PMPosted by cdm
It's one or our projects that will be out soon (wink wink)

To be fair I don't think the article implied that at all. If anything it leads me to believe that we're going to see another drought like between d2 and d3
11/05/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Awax
https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-pulled-diablo-4-announcement-from-bli-1830232246

Well boys, it looks like Diablo 4 is in the works, but it is in development hell.

They were going to tease it but it is in such sorry shape that they've gone through multiple lead devs and they are not confident that its going to happen.

See you in 2024 when this thing comes out.

I think is damage control.... they had their own convention, they have a forum and they have blues... none said anything...
My take on it? Damage control 101...
11/05/2018 11:48 AMPosted by neo
1 ) Don't link Kotaku, they are not real journalists. Screencap their garbage and link imgur.

2 ) They've had 18 years since Diablo 2 was released to come up with something good. We won't wait any longer.
this
11/05/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Awax
11/05/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Tyr1337
I know that when blizzard makes their announcement it's coming and it's going to be great...

Just like Diablo 3?

Just like BFA?

Just like WoD?

Just like Legacy of the Void?

Just like heroes of the Storm?

Blizzard doesn't produce quality anymore my dude.

This

Overwatch is okay i guess - but its not a game for me and I dont play it

HOTS is a complete travesty! - not even a video game, let alone a MOBA. This game should have killed Lol and "Dota2" but they decided to make it for 5 year olds

WoW has been on a nosedive in all regards since Wrath and the only reason people put up with it is for completion and time sunk into characters

Diablo 3 was the biggest let down of the decade, and possibly the 21st century as a whole

Hearthstone was okay until they went overboard with rampant FOTM design and ridiculously fast content release schedules. and it's inherently bad because of how much money the game costs you to play it fully

Starcraft 2 came out too late for it to ever get off the ground and gain any relevant traction. and they turned the story into a Disney mess

what else is there? THey canceled that MMO and sc ghost?

They only thing NEW that they put out that is actually good is the cinematics. The music has been forgettable, the story's boring and without nuance. Everything blizzard was good for they seem to forget how to do?

other than the remakes coming out, which thank god they seem to have some clue to not change anything major about, have any promise. Forget Diablo 4, just wait for D2 remake, it will come out in a few years
11/05/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Awax
11/05/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Tyr1337
... LMFAO I think you're a !@#$ing moron to be honest with you... I mean I loved making my own little community and the whole new aspect of the game that they added that they literally stole from Star Trek online but it was still freaking awesome

WoD was objectively the worst expansion (excluding BFA which could still dethrone it). It had so much content cut, the story was pants on head retarded, there was nothing to do besides raid and farm herbs in your garrison lol. It was catastrophically bad.
LMFAO see now I know you don't know what the !@#$ you're talking about because the worst expansion pack that came out was pandas... I'm sorry pandas sucked in every regard... For you to even say that Warlords of Draenor was worse than pandas just tells me that you don't have a clue
11/05/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Tyr1337

LMFAO see now I know you don't know what the !@#$ you're talking about because the worst expansion pack that came out was pandas... I'm sorry pandas sucked in every regard... For you to even say that Warlords of Draenor was worse than pandas just tells me that you don't have a clue

MoP had a retarded theme, but that is when pvp was the best, the classes have the most depth. WoD is when they started cutting abilities for retards that wanted to play with 6 keybinds. MoP was unironically good.

BFA is empty, WOD was a joke, and Pandaria was decent

Sorry you have bad tastes, you probably play diablo 3 still lol

Panda started out bad for sure, but overall was an amazing expansion, WOD on the other hand was a hot garbage fire and you know it.
Third party rumor sites mean nothing.
I can totally believe this.

Overwatch is a by product of a scrapped MMO that went though many years of development hell.

Diablo 3 also went through several revisions and was in development hell. It's why it took so damn long from D2 to D3.

I can totally see yet another project at Blizzard being stuck in an identity crisis development hell.

What this means is the game is a long !@# way off from release. Buckle down for another 4-5 year wait boys.
Not confident it's going to happen? this isn't a moon mission, but the fourth installment of something they already have done.. and made $100-plus million each time they have done it in the past. of course, they will do it again. they just don't want to tell us everything that's going on and when it's going to come out as that's the whole point of getting people to buy $50 virtual blizzconn tickets.
11/05/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Dietrich
If this is their attempt at damage control... it's a very poor one.

It's an oafish, after-the-fact; barn-door-open attempt to cover their equally oafish and offensive behavior over the weekend.
11/05/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Midnight
Third party rumor sites mean nothing.

Once upon a time, such rumors turned out to be true.

WoW player flight RIP May 2015.