Time To Get Over It

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
11/07/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Ryoka
Ok, it’s time to get over it.

Thanks for the advice. Now change your text to blue if you want me to read beyond that sentence.

I know the stocks are making you guys nervous, but we will not "get over it".

I don't actually think you're an employee, but rolling over in defeat doesn't help anyone.
Something I dont get also is how Diablos 1 and 2 had an eerie, dark and upsetting graphics, sound, atmosphere and cinematics. Now with diablo 3 and seeing Diablo inmortal cinematics, inmortal looks so cartoonish. Demons with no inspiration, like if they burst out of dreamworks or Disney. No gore, no unsettling imagery or details. Just nonsense action.
Just remember. We're not the only ones. Each time game companies burn their customers, there is always outrage, always anger and disappointment. Sometimes it goes back to business within a month. Don't let that happen. Don't ever let them forget.

Much like how everyone rags on EA for their practices, a lot of people never forgave them for what they did to Mass Effect and Battlefront. So like them, we can't ever be silent towards Blizzard on this. Ever. They have to know how much they've let down their fans.
11/07/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Ryoka
11/07/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Midgardr
Had everyone given up on things they believed in regardless of what it is, we'd still have slavery.

If everyone only had morals and no business mind, we wouldnt have facebook.

Is that a bad thing?
This is why I stopped playing WoW, they kept 'changing things' to make the game more user friendly for newcomers while neglecting core elements that WoW legacy players were very happy with, to the point that after so many expansions WoW doesnt feel like WoW anymore.

What should have been an announcement built on the foundations of Diablo 2 & 3 has turned into a side-expansion into the mobile market, to cater newcomers while neglecting hardcore fans. Sure Overwatch & Hearthstone might be in the top 10 PC games, while Diablo is further down in the top 20(according to some online sites) but fact of the matter is, it's still one of blizzards top 3 franchises, and it's on PC , not sure what blizzard was thinking making fuss about a Diablo mobile announcement with a room full of Diablo(PC) fans, I mean literally did anyone even think "How would PCMR players react to being asked to play on mobile?" It should have been low-key just like the Nintendo Switch port PC gamers dont care about, but dont mind trying if they do own a switch(since its not a continuation or separate game as far as I know).

I've been a blizz fan since trying Warcraft 1 as a 7 year old and happy to try every single title they have ever released, starcraft on NINTENDO 64 prompted me to build a PC to try 'real' starcraft so I can see the appeal & intention of launching on mobile, but that news should be announced as a TV ad or billboards in target countries, not at blizzcon for die-hard fans that already know the genre, Blizz should strongly consider making a proper version for PC /w cross-play mobile support, so we can play at home and then have the option of playing on the move or travelling, now THAT would be interesting. The way things are going they are heading down the road of EA Games. Loosing its soul for bigger markets.

At least Warcraft 3 Reforged is a nice final hurrah to older fans as Blizzard is obviously heading in different directions with their newer content & I doubt they'll ever turn the warcraft series back into an RTS after WoW, guess we can hope for a Diablo 1 remaster since theyve done Starcraft & Warcraft?
11/08/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Odin
11/07/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Ryoka

If everyone only had morals and no business mind, we wouldnt have facebook.

Is that a bad thing?

Lets not pretend it is. You have a facebook account and probably will for the remainder of your life.
11/08/2018 09:49 AMPosted by CelticDog

Thanks for the advice. Now change your text to blue if you want me to read beyond that sentence.

I know the stocks are making you guys nervous, but we will not "get over it".

I don't actually think you're an employee, but rolling over in defeat doesn't help anyone.

I'm not rolling over in defeat. I just know how to channel my cry baby tears better than most people.

We all know that D4 will happen. People are acting like as if D4 will never be.

You and people like you are just perpetuating hate. For every 10 complaints post, only 2 of them are constructive. 8 of them are just cry babies.
11/08/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Blackthorn
Just remember. We're not the only ones. Each time game companies burn their customers, there is always outrage, always anger and disappointment. Sometimes it goes back to business within a month. Don't let that happen. Don't ever let them forget.

Much like how everyone rags on EA for their practices, a lot of people never forgave them for what they did to Mass Effect and Battlefront. So like them, we can't ever be silent towards Blizzard on this. Ever. They have to know how much they've let down their fans.

I like this > Battlefront 2 went from $90 to $50 and then in the bargain bin to $30 within 6 months of release... People spoke loud and clear with their wallets... It's a tactic from Blizzard to expand the revenue by providing to a much greater Audience than PC/XB/PS4/SW put together. Estimated in 2017 that there are more the 5 Billion registered mobile devices. you only need half a million to pay $1 dollar per game and they've made their money plus some.

From my perspective, if the shift is moving towards mobile platforms then I want no part. I bought a games machine for mobile gaming (Switch, PS Vita, PSP, 3DS etc etc), my phone is my phone, emails and calls only. My XBX/PS4P/PC/SW is for games.
11/07/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Xerith
Of course I've moved on. By removing all Blizzard products off of my PC and not giving them a single cent ever again. It's just sitting back with a bag of popcorn and watching the tree burn.

It's funny watching the rats leave because they think the ship is sinking.
No it isn't at all...that m and you let them get away with this move they pulled. Never stop letting them know what you want as a consumer!
11/08/2018 03:36 PMPosted by JaHNiX
I like this > Battlefront 2 went from $90 to $50 and then in the bargain bin to $30 within 6 months of release... People spoke loud and clear with their wallets...

Battlefront 2 was panned because the initial game design was terrible and it really seemed it was made worse so they could include microtransactions. Making advancements tied to random card draws just wasn't fun.

If Diablo 4 is filled with rubbish design it should be trashed also, but perhaps we should see it first.

From my perspective, if the shift is moving towards mobile platforms then I want no part. I bought a games machine for mobile gaming (Switch, PS Vita, PSP, 3DS etc etc), my phone is my phone, emails and calls only. My XBX/PS4P/PC/SW is for games.

So don't play it...?

That's like me arguing that I'm a PC gamer only and it Blizzard develop for Xbox or PS4 or Switch then I want no part of it.

I’m also disappointed in the Immortal announcement….like you, I also would’ve preferred D4, D3 Expansion or D2 Remastered.

But it’s time to move on. Your complaints isn’t going to change anything….Blizzard is a business above anything else, and thus making money is more important than your feelings (objectively speaking…all businesses want to make money).

We can only hope that one of the “many projects” in progress is one of the aforementioned installments.

in the words of Warren Buffet "The ability to say no is a tremendous advantage for an investor."
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by MissCheetah

I’m also disappointed in the Immortal announcement….like you, I also would’ve preferred D4, D3 Expansion or D2 Remastered.

But it’s time to move on. Your complaints isn’t going to change anything….Blizzard is a business above anything else, and thus making money is more important than your feelings (objectively speaking…all businesses want to make money).

We can only hope that one of the “many projects” in progress is one of the aforementioned installments.

With respect, I am glad you were able to move on so fast. The speed at which people process grief and anger is not uniform. It is going to take people time, especially those who have been deeply involved in the franchise for years. Those who grew up with Diablo.

They have a right to be deeply disappointed and angry. They have the right to express that and discuss it, so long as they don't engage in personal attacks. We are all in this together.

If you are at peace with it, great, just keep in mind telling others who are upset to "stop it" won't help. Just respect that people take time to get through stuff.

The Diablo MVPs are way better than the WoW ones. Just sayin. Thank you for being an actual advocate for the community.
I did get over it. With my wallet. :)

22 days left of my wow sub before I never post here again.
I just play my Demon Hunter and have a good time. Nothing has really changed to me. And we have to be patient for any new PC content to come out anyways. Season 15 doesn't even end until December 16. By then I'll hope to hear some good news of what exciting things are on the way to Diablo 3.

And any other Diablo projects, whether it's Diablo 4 or a Diablo 2 Remastered, would be so far down the pipe line why even worry about that right now? Enjoy each day and have fun guys. You cause your overall life span to decrease by stressing or complaining about things you don't even have any control over.

That's the way I look at things. I enjoy each day the best I can.
July 2017.........the last time the stock price was this low.

All these disappointments are having an effect, its not only the diablo fiasco, but the backlash is severe enough, that the suit are being forced to listen.

What comes out of it we don't know, but they cannot ignore a 20% stock drop in a week.
A "time to move on" post just a couple of days after the announcement is a little fast. Put this up in another two weeks and your sentiment will be correct.
We didn't force Blizzard to get rid of the Auction House and fix loot by getting over it.
11/08/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Ryoka
11/08/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Odin
Is that a bad thing?

Lets not pretend it is. You have a facebook account and probably will for the remainder of your life.

Crap. Now Ima have to shut down my Facebook account. No big loss.
11/08/2018 05:48 PMPosted by shadowcat129
We didn't force Blizzard to get rid of the Auction House and fix loot by getting over it.

WE didn't force Blizzard to get rid of the AH. The IRS did. Loot had to be fixed so the game would be playable after the AH was taken down and trading was done away with. We effectively did nothing to make any of that happen.