I’m hoping by now you all realise?

General Discussion
Meanwhile,

Yes dear Blizz family members, the die has been cast. Like a certain hero @ the youtube trailer announced… No king rules forever.

I have been theorising for a long time that the 2008/2009 takeover by Activision is directly responsible for the sh!t situation that Blizzard finds themselves in right now.

Hate to break it to you guys but… Blizzard has been corrupted @ the core. Its like… corporatism. Activision is one of the big overhauling company’s such as EA for example. They buy promising “smaller” gaming development company’s and eventually start rolling the dice there. What we saw in WOTLK was just a small taste of what these vampiric, cancerous and leeching company’s do.

They literally take over IP’s within said/bought company’s and turn them into cashing cow’s. completely disregarding background/community’s behind ‘m.

What you guys need to realise is that almost 70% of most budgets that is spend on newly developed DLC/fresh releases = spend on marketing.
This means that most of the resources are not spend on finalizing products… or creating good content… its literally spend on advertisements so that people get anxious to buy their games.

As long as they make a good trailer and pull a couple of millions… games will sell, regardless of how far a game is in just yet (development whise).

This is why we get halfass expansions with zilge content or content that dries up after 2 months (BFA being the worst of ‘m all).

The box looks good, it has a Blizzard stamp on it. It sells… period…

The tide is beginning to turn now though. For me it was clear that this was the case quiet some time ago. But most of the diehard community is still in full denial. Most people (up till this last Blizzcon) were still fully sedated by the placebo effect, thinking Blizzard REALLY still cared for them.

Only untill this sh!tshow of a Blizzcon did people finally get the releaving words out of the mouth of Blizzard ‘m selves.

Long story short: yes f%ckfaces, we got taken over by Activision quiete some time ago. Yes they care only about money and thus: pushing titles…
And yes as long as we believe you arses will keep making us money, we will keep promising better expansions/releases. Because you are too stupid to realise this sh!t…

Blizzard hasn’t just changed… Blizz literally = no longer my friends.

Might as well call it Activision henceforth.

Some new thoughts i recently got: maybe this is why so many good developers left the company all those years ago. And maybe this is why Chris Metzen stepped down. Maybe even Mike Morhaim?

Cause maybe, just maybe… deep down inside these people were still true To the Blizzard spirit but couldn’t identify to the cancerous environment which is now called Activision…
11/11/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Nashnya
I have been theorising for a long time that the 2008/2009 takeover by Activision is directly responsible for the sh!t situation that Blizzard finds themselves in right now.
If you have disliked Blizzard games since then, why are you here?

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just asking why you're biting the hand that's obviously feeding you.
Let me just add that i’m not stating facts but this is general feeling that has been taking hold for the last couple of years...

If anyone feels the urge to add, please do so. I feel up for discussion...
11/11/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
If you have disliked Blizzard games since then, why are you here?

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just asking why you're biting the hand that's obviously feeding you.

I kept hoping that the community could move them to find their way back. I still don’t understand how a good thriving company like Blizzard (even before the take-over) would need other publishers and !@#$. They were at the pinnacle of Pc gaming?

Lets just say: I don’t want Blizz to fail but something inside tells me that Blizz just isn’t Blizz anymore?
I couldnt have said it better. I was hoping Activision wouldnt take control but as they say nothing good lasts forever.
I'd love to blame Activision, but the truth is Blizzard had a lot of internal control for a very long time. Yes, Activision probably pushed for more monetization schemes, improved profitability, etc. But they bought Blizzard because they wanted a successful company and a successful franchise.

Just take a look at Call of Duty. Like it or not, it does slowly respond to fan feedback. They use a three developer cycle so any time any major change is implemented it takes about three years for that feedback to be integrated into the game, but each developer makes a similar game with somewhat interesting differences between them. Loot boxes are a problem, but the devs were the ones that had the final say on exactly how much they were going to influence gameplay. The games, recently, have actually be fun to play even with the loot box BS in them, so they are listening to some feedback. I honestly think the problem with CoD is really as simple as franchise fatigue. They need to skip one full cycle and "relaunch" the franchise in two or three years.

Activision also didn't make Bungie repeat the exact same mistakes they made with Destiny 1 in Destiny 2. I doubt they told them to remake the same game that everyone got irritated with the first time around and completely destroy any good will the fanbase had towards Destiny 2.

I believe Blizzard has just gotten so big, in and of its self, that the intimacy that existed at one point between the devs and the player base cannot be recaptured. The player base is too big and there are too many developers for them to keep a realistic connection like they used to. However, instead of still making legit attempts to see what players thing, they completely ignore us until something happens that causes them to hemorrhage players. There is an excuse for not being as connected as they used to be, but not an excuse for being completely disconnected.

Blizzard is the one that had the responsibility of saying, "Hey, we shouldn't really push this mobile game at Blizzcon. It doesn't fit there and our audience isn't going to react well." Activision is interested in making a profit, they probably listen to the developers at least a little bit and believe them when they say "Hey, this will royally !@#$ things up if we do it!"

Activision is an easy scapegoat. Activision is just a publisher. They collected really successful companies that all seemed to follow the same pattern. Get a little too disconnected from the player base and ignore feedback. Don't give in to nostalgia and let Blizzard off the hook. The truth is that when they were acquired they were almost as powerful independently as Activision. There is no reason they had to let any influence from Activision corrupt them. They've allowed this to happen.
I'd love to blame Activision, but the truth is Blizzard had a lot of internal control for a very long time. Yes, Activision probably pushed for more monetization schemes, improved profitability, etc. But they bought Blizzard because they wanted a successful company and a successful franchise.

Just take a look at Call of Duty. Like it or not, it does slowly respond to fan feedback. They use a three developer cycle so any time any major change is implemented it takes about three years for that feedback to be integrated into the game, but each developer makes a similar game with somewhat interesting differences between them. Loot boxes are a problem, but the devs were the ones that had the final say on exactly how much they were going to influence gameplay. The games, recently, have actually be fun to play even with the loot box BS in them, so they are listening to some feedback. I honestly think the problem with CoD is really as simple as franchise fatigue. They need to skip one full cycle and "relaunch" the franchise in two or three years.

Activision also didn't make Bungie repeat the exact same mistakes they made with Destiny 1 in Destiny 2. I doubt they told them to remake the same game that everyone got irritated with the first time around and completely destroy any good will the fanbase had towards Destiny 2.

I believe Blizzard has just gotten so big, in and of its self, that the intimacy that existed at one point between the devs and the player base cannot be recaptured. The player base is too big and there are too many developers for them to keep a realistic connection like they used to. However, instead of still making legit attempts to see what players thing, they completely ignore us until something happens that causes them to hemorrhage players. There is an excuse for not being asconnected as they used to be, but not an excuse for being completely disconnected.

Blizzard is the one that had the responsibility of saying, "Hey, we shouldn't really push this mobile game at Blizzcon. It doesn't fit there and our audience isn't going to react well." Activision is interested in making a profit, they probably listen to the developers at least a little bit and believe them when they say "Hey, this will royally !@#$ things up if we do it!"

Activision is an easy scapegoat. Activision is just a developer. They collected really successful companies that all seemed to follow the same pattern. Get a little too disconnected from the player base and ignore feedback. Don't give in to nostalgia and let Blizzard off the hook. The truth is that when they were acquired they were almost as powerful independently as Activision. There is no reason they had to let any influence from Activision corrupt them. They've allowed this to happen.
They have bin problem for a long time do some digging in old forum stuff.
11/11/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Nashnya
Let me just add that i’m not stating facts but this is general feeling that has been taking hold for the last couple of years...
Couple? -- of years? Couple of years?

I remember going to the wayback machine and following links to a forum where somebody was complaining that Blizzard was going to fail after they announced WoW was going to have a sub cost of $9/mo.
11/11/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
11/11/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Nashnya
Couple? -- of years? Couple of years?

I remember going to the wayback machine and following links to a forum where somebody was complaining that Blizzard was going to fail after they announced WoW was going to have a sub cost of $9/mo.

I’m missing the connection to said above?
Long story short: yes f%ckfaces, we got taken over by Activision quiete some time ago. Yes they care only about money and thus: pushing titles…

If this was true D4 would have already been released in 2015 and it'd be on a consistent 3 year new game release cycle just like Call of Duty (3 different studios develop 1 game every 3 years) and Destiny (3 years between Destiny 1 and 2).
11/11/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Nashnya
To answer your question, yes. Yes you are.
11/11/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
11/11/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Nashnya
To answer your question, yes. Yes you are.

I’m trying my best to answer in hopee of understanding your statement.

I’m assuming you mean that people have been prophesizing the downfall of Blizz for a long time?

I’m not stating their downfall or remotely meaning they will fail. They will endure I am sure. Certainly considering the mobile sector will be easy money. But the thing is they are (in my humblest opinion) so very damn different opposed to the age prior to 2008/2009.

And this accumulating difference is causing a very big rift between Blizzard and her community.

In all honesty, I am now 33 years old and have been playing their 3 biggest IP’s (Diablo, Starcraft and the Warcraft universe) since the releases in the 90’s.

I darn well hate how its going because I don’t want this... I want my good old company back that gave me childhood memories for the rest of my life!
11/11/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Nashnya
I want my good old company back that gave me childhood memories for the rest of my life!
In some ways, we only played these games because we were forced to.

Back in the day, if you wanted to kill some bad guys and farm for stuff, there was D2, or you had to pay some game company a subscription.

Today, there's like 800 million options. Nobody's going to force you to do anything and the community is spread out over a thousand different things.

We found Blizzard because they were game developers. They aren't cutting the mustard today? Fund someone else. That's how things get done. You don't hold onto the single thread of hope when 1) There isn't any and 2) there are so many other options.

Do some soul searching and find out what you liked about those games, then find a game that has those things. If they aren't good enough, then you're stuck with Blizzard and at least come to terms with how hard it must be to stay at the top.
i agree, they lost touch, "blizzard polish" is a thing of the past, overwatch and wow are not in a good place, diablo 3 no updates for long time, i guess HOTS and hearthstone are fine, you can't really mess those up...
but you can defiantly see the drop in quality content...
I just found this as one among other small docu's on Activision. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO__uxh8o2E&t=2s
The WoW forums are full of people that lap up this Activision garbage like honey. They buy up all of the junk they can get their hands on, log in every day for menial work duties disguised as a game, then yell at people for pointing out that the design isn't fun any more.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, or that the definition of "fun" has changed.
11/12/2018 01:50 AMPosted by Korda
i agree, they lost touch, "blizzard polish" is a thing of the past, overwatch and wow are not in a good place, diablo 3 no updates for long time, i guess HOTS and hearthstone are fine, you can't really mess those up...
but you can defiantly see the drop in quality content...

Hearthstone is the worst it's been in long time. A whole lot of RNG, and super powerful cards that make or break the meta. You can't be a free to play player and have fun anymore. The power creep is too real. But it's a collectible card game.... without trading....

HOTS hero prices are very high, DOTA 2's heroes are all free and it's a better game.