If they ditch isometric camera

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
If they did, I'd probably be able to adapt to it, but I would still miss the hell out of the isometric view.
The team has reportedly been deciding if it will keep the isometric camera angle from past Diablo games, or use an over-the-shoulder, third-person view that was experimented with in the canceled Hades. However, recent builds of the game are reportedly isometric.

That looks more like they keep the isometric view if one can trust such an article.
I really wanted an isometric view for the next PC installment.

That said, a side-project, something like a prequel do D1 in which you take control of a human in Tristram maybe would be cool. The third person over the shoulder camera can be immersive.

Imagine fighting your way through the cathedral with a somewhat limited vision (light radius) and exploring the darkness and its creatures with the right ambience. But something in the lines as the human that almost screw Diablo's plans. Maybe that could work, I don't know.
and suddenly you hear out of the darkness "AHHH! FRESH MEAT!" :D
Nah...
If they remove the isometric View from D4, its not Diablo anymore to me.

Diablo MUST use the iconic isometric view.

They should at all cost preserve the Diablo Franchise and it's iconic aspects, or they will turn Diablo into something totally different and destroying it in the process.

The Diablo franchise is a gift from heaven, and if you change and thus destroy it, you should be hanged for stupidity.
More like first God of War games camera might be ok i think...

But isometric point of view is signature for Diablo, so it should stay that way.
Darksiders 2 is the only one that makes sense, if they decide to go that route.
11/21/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Xopher
it's not diablo. Would be upset with this change.

If they want to make a dark souls game and set it in the sanctuary universe, fine, but that's not diablo, don't call it Diablo 4.

It will likely not be called Diablo 4 anyway in my opinion.

If we are to take this "info" from kotaku as is, then is obvious blizzard wants to leave the whole d3 bs rip , and regroup either right afer Diablo2's setting or have picked another time segment in the lore.

We should take kotaku's supposed story with a gigantic boulder of salt, but again if it is true it means blizzard wants to revive this damned ip and go back to it's roots.
What that means among other things, keeping the isometric perspective.
11/22/2018 02:54 AMPosted by AlKatiba
The team has reportedly been deciding if it will keep the isometric camera angle from past Diablo games, or use an over-the-shoulder, third-person view that was experimented with in the canceled Hades. However, recent builds of the game are reportedly isometric.

That looks more like they keep the isometric view if one can trust such an article.

Thats what I mean, in the context of kotaku's story, it certainly appears that isometric perspective is the way to go.
If "going back to the roots" is the fundamental drive in this game's design the we should not have much to worry.
Already exist, and it's called Nioh. Great game, but i still want loot arpg to stick to isometric view.
Watch some hellgate london do figure how that could play out.
I liked Hellgate and I thought the 3D camera was great, the game sadly had alot of other problems but the camera certainly wasn't.
No , no , no! If they ditch isometric camera then i'm done with the franchise. Terrible idea. Please for the love of god. Make a proper Diablo game, not a Dark Souls/God of War wannabe.
11/22/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Esm
No , no , no! If they ditch isometric camera then i'm done with the franchise. Terrible idea. Please for the love of god. Make a proper Diablo game, not a Dark Souls/God of War wannabe.
Why is isometric so important? Diablo's game play loop has nothing to do with the isometric camera view.
I never liked over-the-shoulder. I downloaded Elder Scrolls and I've watched Dark Souls and it just doesn't fit my play-style. I looked at Monster Hunter, and boy, if they could actually pull it off, it would be pretty cool!
11/22/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Obechu
I never liked over-the-shoulder. I downloaded Elder Scrolls and I've watched Dark Souls and it just doesn't fit my play-style. I looked at Monster Hunter, and boy, if they could actually pull it off, it would be pretty cool!

You can change perspective and keep core game play it can be done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzGDQ-_HBgk
11/21/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
I'd love that. MHW is by far my favorite big release this year. The grind itself so incredibly well structured from all angles. I've actually pointed out a few times why Blizzard could learn a thing or two about what Capcom did with that game.

I really prefer MHW's combat to Souls games too. There's just so much more depth to each weapon, and the fact there's also relevant elemental effects to consider is a massive plus Blizzard shouldn't ignore again.

What's great about that franchise is that it is a glaring example of how great things can be without needing to reinvent the wheel every time. The progressive iteration of the IP is pretty impressive.

11/21/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Xopher
it's not diablo.

What IS Diablo?

D1 and D2.
11/22/2018 09:33 AMPosted by InsaneChriZ
11/21/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
I'd love that. MHW is by far my favorite big release this year. The grind itself so incredibly well structured from all angles. I've actually pointed out a few times why Blizzard could learn a thing or two about what Capcom did with that game.

I really prefer MHW's combat to Souls games too. There's just so much more depth to each weapon, and the fact there's also relevant elemental effects to consider is a massive plus Blizzard shouldn't ignore again.

What's great about that franchise is that it is a glaring example of how great things can be without needing to reinvent the wheel every time. The progressive iteration of the IP is pretty impressive.

What IS Diablo?

D1 and D2.

The first two entries in the franchise represent the actual brand identity.
11/22/2018 01:04 AMPosted by Hackusations
not saying these aspects aren't important because they very much are. It's just that as long as they are executed well their importance is much less than the core game play and systems.

This.
I'd like to see something more strategical with settlement build, line of supply, army management and character customization. But I would never think about a non isometrical Diablo version. It's b/s.