Can Story Mode be completely unlocked from now on

General Discussion
Can we have all Acts unlocked from the start for new seasonal characters.
There's really no reason not to and new players can just roll a non seasonal char if they want the original Diablo experience.

Story mode is a great way to level up new seasonal characters till 70 as an alternative to rifts and bounties.
I've been wanting to replay Act 5 for ages now but I just can't bring myself to slog through the first four acts.
There's really no reason why veteran players should be locked out from selecting whatever quest stage they want and level up their toons in whatever way they desire.
Story mode is already non-existent, just go to adventure mode and you can travel through all acts, you can run through act 5 just like you would do in story mode, would be no difference at all.
11/25/2018 08:57 AMPosted by InsaneChriZ
Story mode is already non-existent, just go to adventure mode and you can travel through all acts, you can run through act 5 just like you would do in story mode, would be no difference at all.

Wouldn't get to experience the story again that way.

Would miss out on all the dialog and cut-scenes.
And there's just something therapeutic over following the linear part of the story over doing bounties spread all over the map.
11/25/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Escara

And there's just something therapeutic over following the linear part of the story over doing bounties spread all over the map.

If you want to follow the linear story, why the hell would you care if it's unlocked or not?
11/25/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Orrion

If you want to follow the linear story, why the hell would you care if it's unlocked or not?

So I could directly start Act 5 without needing to go through the previous 4 ones

If you like playing through the story than what's the point of wanting all acts open?

Starting "fresh" is kind of the point of seasons.