gelantinous sire disappeared!

Bug Report
https://clips.twitch.tv/HeadstrongTacitDinosaurGivePLZ

Heres a video of us killing a Gelantinous goblin on switch, and it didnt break off, it just disapeared!!!
Happens all the time
On PC it happens when you kill them to fast, I usually wait 1 second after they split.
Happens sometimes if you kill too fast, stop being OP.
lol ive played a bunch on PC just got it for the switch, this is the first time its ever happened to me! lol
I demand faster splits!
lol
11/25/2018 09:18 PMPosted by CRXWING
lol ive played a bunch on PC just got it for the switch, this is the first time its ever happened to me! lol

Been fooling around with your saved game file have ya?
11/25/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Traveler
11/25/2018 09:18 PMPosted by CRXWING

Been fooling around with your saved game file have ya?

Nope! lol always legit with diablo!
funny that with how hard and fast classes can kill something now days you would think they would adjust Gelatinous Goblins to cater to that...
11/25/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Hulda
On PC it happens when you kill them to fast, I usually wait 1 second after they split.

This is the best advice to deal with the issue right now. Just slow down a bit so they finish splitting.
So this bug is still in the game from what? 3 seasons ago? that's kinda sad.
11/26/2018 07:32 AMPosted by AlDante

more than that.. i've been experiencing that for 2+ years already... i don't see it will be fixed at all.
damn, TIL my deeps sucks. Never had this happen to me.
And meanwhile we are seeing +50,000% set damage buffs on ptr

This bug has been there ever since the Gelatinous Sires were put into the game.

You want an oldie but goodie? Try the disappearing mouse cursor caused by the boss introduction cutscenes (especially that of The Butcher, which triggers the bug the most out of them all). That bug has been in since Diablo 3 launched in 2012.

Yes, six and a half years.
your Pc is bugged get a new one :)
11/26/2018 09:19 AMPosted by TheTias

This bug has been there ever since the Gelatinous Sires were put into the game.

You want an oldie but goodie? Try the disappearing mouse cursor caused by the boss introduction cutscenes (especially that of The Butcher, which triggers the bug the most out of them all). That bug has been in since Diablo 3 launched in 2012.

Yes, six and a half years.

In the past 6.5 years, I have YET to see that bug once. And from over 6 different machines/builds.

So it apparently doesn't affect everyone.

I had a blue gob the other night, T13, on my Seasonal DH, murdered it and all of its splits in less than 5 seconds. Got a lot of loot too.

I haven't experienced the Blue gob disappear bug myself yet either.

Not saying these bugs don't exist, but they also may not affect everyone.

Game on.

As others said, a lot longer than that, but on the bright side, your primal Blackthorne's pants will now show up on your mini-map, be thankful.

This has been an ongoing issue with Gelatinous Sires since they were introduced in Season 1? 2? I don't remember exact release. In a later patch they claimed to have resolved the issue but did not do so.

EDIT: Found the release, April of 2015
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/18642492/patch-220-now-live-4-7-2015#monsters
If Blizz is unable to fix the root cause of this bug--and they've had plenty of time--then a possible solution would be to give Gelatinous Sires/Spawn temporary invulnerability until they finish splitting. At least that way, they can't simply go *poof* just because they were killed "too fast".

Until that or any other fix is implemented, you'll just have to do as others have said and stop attacking for a second after each split to avoid them bugging out.