What if D4 will not be announced

General Discussion
What if... There is no word on D4 on Blizzcon.
Will there be riots?

Id love me a D4 but i also kinda wanna see how D3 players try to rip some banners down but not being able to break the cords. So they just kinda hang there being all pissed off and stuff.
It's not going to be a D3 expansion. The only thing it could be at this point is a whole new Diablo game. And I doubt it would be main stage for a mobile game.

It may not be Diablo 4, but it will be a new Diablo game.
April 26th, 1992
There was a riot on streets
Tell me where were you?
You were sittin' home watchin' your TV
While I was participating in some anarchy
First spot we hit it was my liquor store
I finally got all that alcohol I can't afford
With red lights flashin', time to retire
And then we turned that liquor store into a structure fire
Next stop we hit, it was the music shop,
It only took one brick to make the window drop
Finally we got our own P.A.
Where do you think I got this guitar that you're hearing today?

When we returned to the pad to unload everything
It dawned on me that I need new home furnishings
So once again we filled the van until it was full
Since that day my livin' room's been much more comfortable
'Cause everybody in the hood has had it up to here
It's getting harder, and harder, and harder each and every year
Some kids went in a store with their mother
I saw her when she came out she was gettin' some Pampers
They said it was for the black man
They said it was for the Mexican
And not for the white man
But if you look at the streets, it wasn't about Rodney King
In this messed-up situation and these messed-up police
It's about comin' up and stayin' on top
And screamin' 1-8-7 on a mother fudgin' cop
It's not in the paper, it's on the wall
National guard
Smoke from all around
It is a huge DLC with 1-2 new classes
10/09/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Syhler187

I sure hope not! While I still enjoy playing D3 for what it is currently, more classes are not the answer.
That's not really what we are waiting for. A better Diablo game is what we are waiting for. Content. Seasons do not count as content.
Then I will most probably get to enjoy a D2 HD Remaster/Remake.

Thats fine by me.
10/09/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Syhler187

That's not opening ceremonies, main stage worthy.
Diablo 4 will take years to be released if it ends up being announced. Diablo 3 still has a solid engine and room for growth. I’m hoping for another expansion. For those saying they can’t monetize D3 - what the hell do you call the necro pack? Switch port will also help generate money on top of their already 30+ million copies sold. They can still milk the crap out of D3 if they so choose.
With how other Activision/Blizzard IPs are doing right now and the communities poor reception, I would hope that the higher ups understand the necessity of revealing the next Diablo project at Blizzcon this year.

This is technically an off year since we just had BFA launch so people need something to be excited about. Blizzard likes to move at their own pace so there's always the possibility of not announcing anything even though they tried to hype Diablo this year in a "please be excited for Blizzcon" way.
As long as the announcement isn't what we already know that is being worked on. That would cause a lot of problems and might make it harder when D4 does see the light of day.
10/09/2018 08:57 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
It's not going to be a D3 expansion. The only thing it could be at this point is a whole new Diablo game. And I doubt it would be main stage for a mobile game.

It may not be Diablo 4, but it will be a new Diablo game.

It could be a remaster of d1/d2...that would be ok imho and the panels(2) would be pretty spot on for something like a remaster.
10/09/2018 09:13 AMPosted by KNIGHTHOOD
Then I will most probably get to enjoy a D2 HD Remaster/Remake.

Thats fine by me.
Ditto dude, i think that, given the number of panels, it very well could be a remaster.
Depends on what there is announced instead.
Maybe they'll go like Microsoft, skip a number and go straight from Diablo III to DIablo V :-D
10/09/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Neothanos
What if... There is no word on D4 on Blizzcon.
Will there be riots?

Diablo fans just want a good time, so they will not cause trouble, nor will they destroy other peoples property. Other groups in this country riot and create havoc for others.
What if D4 will not be announced

Well.. for one thing, you'd have a gaggle of posters who said they'd quit if D4 wasn't announced still here and posting.

You know...like happens every year around this time.