Sorry Wyatt Cheng (my dude was crying)

General Discussion
11/03/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Lobsterbash
11/03/2018 04:07 AMPosted by d0e1ow
Did he truly cry?

I also would like to know. This is the era of lies and trolling afterall.

I haven't seen any confirmation of him crying, but go back and look at when he went off stage after the opening ceremony. He could barely utter the words 'thank you' without choking. He did seem quite upset, and I honestly don't hold anything against him for that.
wyatt and the rest of the diablo team should quit if they ahve any dignity and love for the diablo franchise.

doing such a bullsh*t spit in the face of diablo fans and the entire series is unforgivable.

and those clowns like wyatt DARE to speak about how they are excited for some watered down chinese made diablo 3 close on mobile.....

they should have refused to even start making this garbage game and quit right there or ask to be moved off the diablo team.
Diablo IMMORAL .....
His whole speech was awkward as hell. He talked so slowly and obviously trying to shove positive thoughts in people's minds.
He had a choice and he made it. Now he has to deal with the consequences.
I haven't posted in these forums for a long time, and remember when I was constantly posting feedback and ideas for probably years...'cept nothing ever happened, and Blizzard gave up on D3; or rather, the D3 team either had no resources to work with, or they were used poorly. I blamed Wyatt a great deal, as he didn't seem to really 'get' why people played Diablo.

Now with this whole thing? I honestly hate that I was right. No offense to the guy, but he's clearly not cut out for being a game designer.

I could say it's my jealousy speaking, since it's my dream job that I'll never have, but this isn't about me.

Oh well, I'm done with Diablo for good anyways now... RIP the potential; even D3 with a real content patch would have been an amazing announcement.

Group content,
Boss Rifts,
Weekly lockouts on challenging content with exclusive loot,
New loot every season (yes, I do miss those days...)
Proper guilds,
Elite quests that are actually hard,
Mechanics that you can't invuln face-tank...

This is all off the top of my head and extremely vague, but I think that's just my way of venting that any ideas I could come up with for the game don't mean anything anymore. (not that they ever did.)

And I may as well apologize for the rant before leaving...

See ya.
he was crying because he new he let everyone down the moments befor he got on stage he was thinking why the !@#$ are we even speaking of this in the west you could see the moment he starts to talk he was %^-*ting his pants. rip bro rip

F
F
F
F
Guys, what is herald of zakarum?
11/03/2018 04:52 AMPosted by Baron
Guys, what is herald of zakarum?

Is google defective ?
I don’t believe for a single second that he was crying. He didn’t do anything for the last two years, the game didn’t receive any updates, and even this abomination that he announced yesterday was outsourced to a Chinese company.
I am sorry to say that but that's the price for breaking his "moral spine"...
11/03/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Knightmare65
I guess Wyatt did cry. Everyone booed. He's a crybaby millennial just like you jobless freeloaders are. You guys can't take rejection. He and his team made it possible to play Diablo while away from your PC's, but I guess he and Blizzard forgot that most of you still live at home, jobless, and glued to your seats and playing on the PC either the government gave you or your mommy gave you.

Congratz, you must be one of those "friends" in the "Welcoming Blizzard Community" they talked about in the Opening Ceremony, right?
Did Brevik reacted to this Blizzcon Diablo mobile game announcement already?
11/03/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Elgareth
I guess Wyatt did cry. Everyone booed. He's a crybaby millennial just like you jobless freeloaders are. You guys can't take rejection. He and his team made it possible to play Diablo while away from your PC's, but I guess he and Blizzard forgot that most of you still live at home, jobless, and glued to your seats and playing on the PC either the government gave you or your mommy gave you.

Congratz, you must be one of those "friends" in the "Welcoming Blizzard Community" they talked about in the Opening Ceremony, right?

No, he is probably family:)
11/03/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Bogdanov89
wyatt and the rest of the diablo team should quit if they ahve any dignity and love for the diablo franchise.

Throwing your career away at arguably one of the better places to work, because of other peoples emotions, is probably the dumbest thing one could do if they 're looking for early retirement.

While they had a hand in making this soon to be monstrosity. In no way were they the deciding force. They could've protested and been replaced and the game would've still been announced. So why throw away your career over something that's gonna happen if you're there or not?

Plenty of blame to go around and it's not just the devs. The suits make the choices and for some god awful reason people want fortnite and mobile games right now.
but I guess he and Blizzard forgot that most of you still live at home, jobless, and glued to your seats and playing on the PC either the government gave you or your mommy gave you.

Tell us more from your life man and please dont think your experiences are ours.

Ty.
11/03/2018 05:26 AMPosted by Wuhjiko
11/03/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Bogdanov89

Throwing your career away at arguably one of the better places to work, because of other peoples emotions, is probably the dumbest thing one could do if they 're looking for early retirement.

While they had a hand in making this soon to be monstrosity. In no way were they the deciding force. They could've protested and been replaced and the game would've still been announced. So why throw away your career over something that's gonna happen if you're there or not?

Plenty of blame to go around and it's not just the devs. The suits make the choices and for some god awful reason people want fortnite and mobile games right now.
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Wyatt was entrusted by the community to be the voice inside blizzard to speak up for the player base against terrible decisions like this one. He showed his true colors on stage where he tried to hype and sell this travesty to a loyal fan base that deserved better. He earned all the vitriol he got.
It is sad. For sure. But what is more sad? Fans almost begging for a better diablo game/diablo experience for years and getting frustrated AGAIN or his tears? They shoould apologize us for the fake hype. Specially Nevalistis who made that non sense video.

This is the price who someone has to pay when you neglect the obvious.

My wallet is in tears. Also my heart.

Jobless..Hmm I am retired. I raised 5 kids. They now have kids. I have the luxury of time and I have money. And my elder mother lives with my husband and I.

So see, you are not as wise as you think you are and you obviously assume you know everyone.

If Diablo team seriously believed a mobile game would be accepted wildly, then they are so far from their fan base it is really sad and heart breaking. He cried? Well so did many fans of Diablo. He still gets a healthy check, and Diablo fans get nothing but an insult or heart break.
11/03/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Gnome

Oh well, I'm done with Diablo for good anyways now... RIP the potential; even D3 with a real content patch would have been an amazing announcement.

Hi, I'm Chris Wilson from Grinding Gear Games...
11/03/2018 05:34 AMPosted by DisposableH
Wyatt was entrusted by the community to be the voice inside blizzard to speak up for the player base against terrible decisions like this one.

Legit none of that ever happens.

You can certainly speak, but it's extremely unlikely the people above him care. The dudes running these companies now probably don't even play games anyways.

All about the money... and the mobile market is extremely fertile thanks to micro transactions.

If I was working there I'd do my best to promote it as I'm expected, but I wouldn't be very happy about it. I certainly wouldn't can myself and take the income away from my family though in an attempt to be a martyr.

The positions devs hold in the chain of command isn't as high as we'd like to believe. Someone like the current lead dev could be easily replaced by thousands of people since the background requirement would be good at crappy mobile games...