Diablo Immortal Constructive Feedback Forum?

Games & Technology
Hey,

I guess i am one of the few who are actually looking forward to Diablo Immortal.

The game is in early development, so is there a channel or forum or somewhere we can post constructive feedback and ideas to contribute ideas to make the game more successful?

Have a few ideas that might actually work... or hope to see in DI...
11/05/2018 04:53 AMPosted by SlackerRhys
Hey,

I guess i am one of the few who are actually looking forward to Diablo Immortal.

The game is in early development, so is there a channel or forum or somewhere we can post constructive feedback and ideas to contribute ideas to make the game more successful?

Have a few ideas that might actually work... or hope to see in DI...

I haven't seen any place that lets you talk positively about it. Most everywhere I go everything that even comes off as kind of positive gets immediate downvotes.
they are getting plenty of feedback.
Blizzard are entitled to develop or to outsource development of anything they want to make money. Good for them.

Myself and thousands of others are incredibly salty that the announcement wasn't for PC. I am a mature person. I'll get over it.

(Most of you have a lifetime ahead of you to be patient. I am an old age player. Imagine my angst as I get closer to the grave/dementia each year, worrying if I'll ever see another Diablo).

It was badly handled. A sweetener of a cinematic reveal of one of the other projects, and then the DI announcement would have worked. Problem of the other reveal distracting from hype and attention for the mobile app could have been managed.

I am so pleased to see the Necromancer make it into the DI game. There of course has to be a Barbarian/Warrior style class. That is Diablo. The Necromancer is for me the #2 iconic class and the one I will play.

I am concerned about precision of movement and casting. Very concerned. Diablo 3 is brutal at certain levels if you stand still and don't move with a degree of finesse.

But I can see dual thumb controls actually giving more movement and attack options than mouse clicks and a few numbered buttons.

I was NOT at Blizzcon, nor did I have a virtual ticket.

Hopefully some more positivity at least in this thread.
11/05/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Justskys
they are getting plenty of feedback.

Its gonna be really tough for them to flush out proper feedback as opposed to the insane amount of reactionary backlash coming in.
11/06/2018 12:44 AMPosted by Taraezor
Blizzard are entitled to develop or to outsource development of anything they want to make money. Good for them.

Myself and thousands of others are incredibly salty that the announcement wasn't for PC. I am a mature person. I'll get over it.

(Most of you have a lifetime ahead of you to be patient. I am an old age player. Imagine my angst as I get closer to the grave/dementia each year, worrying if I'll ever see another Diablo).

It was badly handled. A sweetener of a cinematic reveal of one of the other projects, and then the DI announcement would have worked. Problem of the other reveal distracting from hype and attention for the mobile app could have been managed.

I am so pleased to see the Necromancer make it into the DI game. There of course has to be a Barbarian/Warrior style class. That is Diablo. The Necromancer is for me the #2 iconic class and the one I will play.

I am concerned about precision of movement and casting. Very concerned. Diablo 3 is brutal at certain levels if you stand still and don't move with a degree of finesse.

But I can see dual thumb controls actually giving more movement and attack options than mouse clicks and a few numbered buttons.

I was NOT at Blizzcon, nor did I have a virtual ticket.

Hopefully some more positivity at least in this thread.

Well thank you for being positive about it. I share your concerns on the precision control, not sure how it will look but the fear is a cluttered screen and accuracy for those with big thumbs like me.

On a separate note i have some ideas on content and lore which would truly make this game worth our while. But sharing it in the forums is toxic and tough, already so many down votes for just supporting the game. Ridiculous.
11/06/2018 09:03 AMPosted by SlackerRhys
Its gonna be really tough for them to flush out proper feedback as opposed to the insane amount of reactionary backlash coming in.

It is one thing to be passionate (and I won't go into the number of copies of Diablo games on different platforms I have purchased over the years so myself and my kids could play with me, nor the tons of merchandise) but Blizzard have had some practice over the years with the venom / toxicity of Diablo fanboys and fangirls.

Recall the massive toxicity with the larger colour palette moving from D2 to D3. Blizzard got revenge with the unicorn level later. I laughed so hard at that.

----------

Another concern is many of us work in city environments or visit massive concrete shopping malls or live in massive concrete apartments blocks that are surrounded by other concrete blocks.

This means latency and even temporary disconnects. If I am pushing the game hard and doing big pulls then I am going to die often. Not from necessarily lack of skill but the reality of signals penetrating concrete and limited nearby carrier towers.

The game therefore must be more casual. Recall the first boss encounter of D3? With my crappy gear I found it really difficult. That can't possibly happen in DI. What about the first boss in D2? With lousy gear, the trick was to pull old Andy out of her room and into the adjacent room and run around doing ranged attacks. Constantly moving. If melee then go in and hit. Then rush out and wait until she does her poison like nova attack.

We can't have that in DI. The bosses will need to be slow moving enough that we can rush behind, get one or two hits off, then move away as the boss is reacting to our previous move. To compensate the boss could hit a little harder maybe, but we need that extra "latitude" for movement glitches.

Remember Nihlathak's Corpse Explosion? Ever fight him on Hell difficulty? Would love to see something like that in DI. Even considering connection problems I think it would still be fairly doable. Because that one is all about the player foreseeing or knowing about the ability and avoiding it in the first place.

Speaking of which. I sure hope they get a resurrection or whatever on him. He'd surely be a "fan favourite" we'd love to whoop again.
11/06/2018 09:07 AMPosted by SlackerRhys
On a separate note i have some ideas on content and lore which would truly make this game worth our while. But sharing it in the forums is toxic and tough, already so many down votes for just supporting the game. Ridiculous.

You're lucky there haven't been 40 downvotes and 15 posts telling you how wrong you are because you had the audacity to use the word toxic. LOL
11/07/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Taraezor
Remember Nihlathak's Corpse Explosion? Ever fight him on Hell difficulty? Would love to see something like that in DI. Even considering connection problems I think it would still be fairly doable. Because that one is all about the player foreseeing or knowing about the ability and avoiding it in the first place.

God I hated Nihlanthak because of his corpse explosion. That was the hardest solo run in the whole game.
11/12/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Traveler
11/06/2018 09:07 AMPosted by SlackerRhys

You're lucky there haven't been 40 downvotes and 15 posts telling you how wrong you are because you had the audacity to use the word toxic. LOL

Yea was lucky to get like 1 upvote in the main forum "a quick word from blizzard".
If Diablo Immortal will come at reasonable price and without microtransactions or the annoying wait to recharge energy stupid mechanics I might even considere to buy new phone to be able to play it. But at first sight of any microtransactions I will never touch any more Blizzard new games.
11/13/2018 01:15 AMPosted by KOOLCOO
If Diablo Immortal will come at reasonable price and without microtransactions or the annoying wait to recharge energy stupid mechanics I might even considere to buy new phone to be able to play it. But at first sight of any microtransactions I will never touch any more Blizzard new games.

David Brevik already hinted that it is highly likely a free to download game but definitely with MTX. The prudent question here is what type of MTX.

Cosmetics / Skins - Reasonable...
Pets / Followers - Reasonable...
Unlock Characters - No!
Unlock Content - Hell No!
Speed Up Progression - Debatable...

Here you go:

http://netease.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=122303&p=irol-contact#
11/13/2018 04:33 PMPosted by cdm

Here you go:

http://netease.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=122303&p=irol-contact#

Haha right thank you but... i meant a proper feedback chat or forum...
11/13/2018 02:37 AMPosted by SlackerRhys

David Brevik already hinted that it is highly likely a free to download game but definitely with MTX. The prudent question here is what type of MTX.

Cosmetics / Skins - Reasonable...
Pets / Followers - Reasonable...
Unlock Characters - No!
Unlock Content - Hell No!
Speed Up Progression - Debatable...

First of, finally a positive thread, but might not be for long...anyway!

Cosmetics / Skins - Yes, this is how D3 should have been monetized, or at least some part of it, from the beginning. But there should definitely be unique skins only obtainable through challenges and achievements. But a big no to them giving stats as in many mobile or Korean games.

Pets / Followers - Same as above! Would love to see characters from the books and comics make appearances. But again no stat boosts unless it can be something unique without upsetting the balanced, but it's a thin line!

Unlock Characters - No in the general sense unless the experience is that of a character pack as in D3 were you get enough content for it to mean something, otherwise no as there will be MTX to support such value for Blizzard through those means.

Unlock Content - Again, unless it's like an expansion where you get enough content to support the cost, no.

Speed Up Progression - With the mmo-sticker on it, it might mean less if there is a lvl-cap, just think of wow, where the lvling process is such a small part of the experience. But it can also be abused depending on the meaning of lvls and the power tied to them.

I'm looking forward to it to after I challenged the notion many speak of that "mobile doesn't count as gaming" or " there are no good experiences on mobile" and "all mobile games are PTW" also "you only play on your mobile for a short duration". Never played much on mobile before this. There is something to the format that I can't ignore and is keeping me more engaged than PC right now.

What I'm looking forward to most is the story. Having read all the comics and books the last year I can't wait to found out more what happened in the chosen time period!

(And apologies for the grammar, not my native tongue)
There is nothing wrong with being excited for this game. I don't enjoy mobile games in general. I also got the hint that D4 would not be announced before Blizzcon started. I will play DI. I will try to like it. I will fail because it's a mobile game.
But at first sight of any microtransactions I will never touch any more Blizzard new games.

Shouldn't be an issue Diablo:Immortal vs microtransactions. Other Blizzard games have stores. Main concern should be in-game microtransactions that distract from game play -- click to kill boss or buy crafting materials (pay to win). Limit to cosmetics, stash tabs, character slots and perhaps pets. Cosmetics examples: dye for weapons/offhand, transmogs, tattoos/piercing, skin color, tall/short, skinny/fat, hair cut/beard/mustache. Prefer account wide and bottomless, Blizzard cosmetics most likely increase revenue by character specific or one time use.

WoW store
https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/family/world-of-warcraft