What if...

General Discussion
What if Diablo: Immortal fiasco was just a big marketing move and Diablo 4 is almost ready? Have you guys thought about it?

Alot of things doesn't make sense, how unprepared they were at Blizzcon, their forges being burning hot...

Quote me: Diablo 4 release 31 december 2018

EDIT: You guys gotta stop downvoting for no reasons, there is nothing offensive about this thread.
keep dreaming
You don't pull the rug under your pc players and then go Surprise we were just kidding a month later. This would go down as the worst marketing move ever made by a company in history.

Ps: The downvote button is to DISLIKE something, so if people don't like what you wrote there gonna DV yah, its not about someone getting triggered.
11/12/2018 11:47 AMPosted by kkona

From a pure marketing point of view, this makes absolutely no sense. What successful game has ever sold well when it was kept absolutely secret less than 2 months before release?
What if,there is only a witchdoctor for DI, a netflix series and a DI 2 in work???
11/12/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Zepheron

From a pure marketing point of view, this makes absolutely no sense. What successful game has ever sold well when it was kept absolutely secret less than 2 months before release?

If they announce D4 this week, everyone is gonna act like nothing happened.
11/12/2018 12:07 PMPosted by kkona

If they announce D4 this week, everyone is gonna act like nothing happened.

Even if they are still angry, we all know they'll buy it, just to try it at the very least.
Their "best developers" are working on mobile titles now.

If that includes their NetEase staff and Blizzard (if they have any left), what kind of quality do you think Diablo 4 is going to be? Will they just reuse the models from Diablo 3 again? I'll pass.
11/12/2018 12:09 PMPosted by neo

If that includes their NetEase staff and Blizzard (if they have any left), what kind of quality do you think Diablo 4 is going to be? Will they just reuse the models from Diablo 3 again? I'll pass.

THIS!

if D4 looks even remotely toony like the gameplay in D3 im outta everything Blizzard related forever. I've had enough of the watercolors and pastels.
LMAO..

Sorry I had to get that off my chest.

Quote me: It won't.

This exactly. They'll be hurting themselves by not announcing it beforehand, by not building up the hype, etc.
11/12/2018 12:12 PMPosted by nvvr
LMAO..

Sorry I had to get that off my chest.

I'm happy that I made you laugh after this week of negativity.
11/12/2018 12:09 PMPosted by neo

"Many" of their best devs... Blizzard has more than 5000 employees... there's plenty of great devs in that company
Blizzard is not self aware enough to pull off something like that.

If DI WAS just a joke before announcing the real game, they would've said so during Blizzcon. Not let their stock tank for a week and a half afterwards, and have one of the biggest PR blunders in video gaming history.
11/12/2018 12:14 PMPosted by KidSmiley

This exactly. They'll be hurting themselves by not announcing it beforehand, by not building up the hype, etc.

Every gamers in the world heard about Diablo: Immortal. It's far from a bad marketing move if you ask me.
Optimistic thread is optimistic :)
11/12/2018 12:15 PMPosted by kkona
11/12/2018 12:14 PMPosted by KidSmiley

Every gamers in the world heard about Diablo: Immortal. It's far from a bad marketing move if you ask me.

Let's say you are right, and they are really almost done with Diablo 4 and WILL release it 31 December 2018. You know what is a much, much better marketing move? Announcing it at Blizzcon.
11/12/2018 12:23 PMPosted by KidSmiley
11/12/2018 12:15 PMPosted by kkona

Let's say you are right, and they are really almost done with Diablo 4 and WILL release it 31 December 2018. You know what is a much, much better marketing move? Announcing it at Blizzcon.

If I'm right would you have beer with me.. stay awhile.. and listen?
What if Blizzard made an April Fools joke about a mobile Diablo experience in 2014. Then actually make it and drop the bomb on mostly PC/Console players who paid for Blizzcon 2018?

Yes they did.

2014: [April Fools] Ascend to Victory with Happy Reaper™
The next next chapter in Sanctuary's epic saga has been unveiled. Summon your sickles, put on your pointy hood, and get ready for Happy Reaper™ —the definitive Diablo experience coming soon to web and mobile!

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/13607363/ascend-to-victory-with-happy-reaper%E2%84%A2-4-1-2014
11/12/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Romulus
Ps: The downvote button is to DISLIKE something, so if people don't like what you wrote there gonna DV yah, its not about someone getting triggered.

Not for long, we'll soon have our own blue checkmarks for "trusted posters". Start licking Blizzard's collective nuts today and you too can branded as having a worthwhile opinion.