Is Diablo Immortal for Switch Too ??

General Discussion
Just to confirm what has been said from Blizzard developers during the Blizzcon 2018.

I know we are all (or near) upset for this situation and i'm great fan of D1 and D2 also, but i'm a little bit curious to understand if this new Diablo Immortal could really be played on Nintendo Switch too (which in worst case can work attached to a monitor for a better play experience than a total mobile one).

This game could be played on switch waiting the real Diablo game we all hope to see in a near future. I'm interested in know something about clan systems and pvp they are throwing inside with some other features.

What do you think about that?
Respect.
I would like to see the answer to this as well, even tho I doubt any of the devs will bother or are even allowed to discuss it.

I am on the same boat as you, don't really care for mobile games but being a Diablo title, with a story line relevant for the lore, I would like to play it...now I wont play it on my phone, no matter how good the game might be! But I have a Nintendo Switch, which often gets mobile ports...so if DI ends up being ported to the Switch I will definitely give it a try.
not mobile enough I guess
It is only for mobile. It was mentioned during Blizzcon Q&A.

Mobile ONLY.
No such thing as I got it. Nintendo based media outlets were all over what Matthew said to a fan at the BlizzCon, but apparently it was just a plain answer for a question
DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONE!!?!?!?!
11/13/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Saya
Just to confirm what has been said from Blizzard developers during the Blizzcon 2018.

I know we are all (or near) upset for this situation and i'm great fan of D1 and D2 also, but i'm a little bit curious to understand if this new Diablo Immortal could really be played on Nintendo Switch too (which in worst case can work attached to a monitor for a better play experience than a total mobile one).

This game could be played on switch waiting the real Diablo game we all hope to see in a near future. I'm interested in know something about clan systems and pvp they are throwing inside with some other features.

What do you think about that?
Respect.

No he clearly said it is strictly for mobile phones. .......”booooo”.....”Do you not have phones?”...

Yes when he mentioned playing on the go someone in the audience shouted Switch in reference to Diablo 3.
The current plan is for DIE to only be released on mobile phones for Android and iPhones.

This was addressed during the first Diablo panel at Blizzcon and was very poorly received by fans.
well nintendo did partnership with android and the switch is touch screen it could work and i hope it does unlike you all im glad to have some new content to play while i wait for d4 to come out.
11/14/2018 04:32 AMPosted by MissCheetah

This was addressed during the first Diablo panel at Blizzcon and was very poorly received by fans.

I must have missed that
Can't milk micro transactions as easily from console players as mobile. So no.
it's dumb because you know they have plans for micro-transactions and they are staying away from PC or Counsel because they know the community and the supporting platform would have none of that crap.
My (casual) group would also consider any diablo title to switch , we can only play so often (a full evening a few times a year) because of family and work. D3 just got the faster pace we need , wow takes to much time for us. But we’re a bit oldfashioned, screen size and controllers are the breaking points . My friend is already on switch with d3, that portable screen got ok size, but we dont wanna go smaler screens than that. So we’re positive to more diablo to switch, although we only casuals.

-
11/14/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Kinetic
My (casual) group would also consider any diablo title to switch , we can only play so often (a full evening a few times a year) because of family and work. D3 just got the faster pace we need , wow takes to much time for us. But we’re a bit oldfashioned, screen size and controllers are the breaking points . My friend is already on switch with d3, that portable screen got ok size, but we dont wanna go smaler screens than that. So we’re positive to more diablo to switch, although we only casuals.

-

I'm actually fine with Diablo games on Switch though. The Switch is a dedicated gaming machine. It has controllers and can hook up to a TV (it just has the bonus of also being portable). It's about as far from a phone as you can get.
11/14/2018 04:17 AMPosted by CrazyCanuck
DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONE!!?!?!?!

You're right. It can be played on a tablet also. :D
11/14/2018 04:32 AMPosted by MissCheetah
The current plan is for DIE to only be released on mobile phones for Android and iPhones.

There was a dev on the Q&A panel that said you could play immortal on the switch.
Not trying to say you're wrong, just saying that it was actually verbalized.
Time travel is real
I think its going to be cancelled or silently launched since all I hear are crickets.

Just launch in china use the already endless pool of money and the profit made on D4
Stating the obvious - It is still being poorly received.

Generally an intelligent business manager realises that after customer satisfaction remaining unchanged as mostly negative for nearly a year with the next Blizz Con approaching, that perhaps they should change something.
In saying that, they would not be the first company on record to commit ritual business suicide.