Even Wendy's took a shot...lol

General Discussion
11/21/2018 02:51 PMPosted by KushiSensei
I don't see why this is such a big deal.

the people Running Wendy's twitter page seems to be people who keep in the loop about things.

have you seen their tweets in the past? they target everyone for a joke.

It was a good burn, don't get me wrong but this is nothing special from them.

No, their PR team is really on top of stuff so not really that odd. What is unusual is for them to go after something outside the fast food industry or related industries. I mean, meme while the meme is hot though.

11/21/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Kithelle
I think that's the part that has me most confused. How did Blizzard miss this? It just feels like it was obvious to everyone except them.

That is one of the core things upsetting players. How did they NOT understand us...do they even care? Nobody really cares that they want to go after another market. Fine, do that. Just don't make your current fan base feel totally left behind and misunderstood.
11/21/2018 03:00 PMPosted by MissCheetah
That is one of the core things upsetting players. How did they NOT understand us...do they even care? Nobody really cares that they want to go after another market. Fine, do that. Just don't make your current fan base feel totally left behind and misunderstood.

In my opinion, what rocked the boat on making me feel left behind was the video so obviously hyping us up prior to Blizzcon. It was a very Michael Scott thing to do. I honestly wasn't sure if I was watching Blizzcon or The Office. Huge promises with embarrassing painful scenes when everyone is let down.
11/21/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Kithelle

It was a very Michael Scott thing to do

Too true. I just watched a few episodes to relive the greatness of Michael Scott.

In my opinion, what rocked the boat on making me feel left behind was the video so obviously hyping us up prior to Blizzcon. It was a very Michael Scott thing to do. I honestly wasn't sure if I was watching Blizzcon or The Office. Huge promises with embarrassing painful scenes when everyone is let down.

I have no idea who that is... I have not had TV since 2001 though so take my thoughts on anything modern with some salt and pepper too.

The first video, provided to a content starved audience, was to address the rumors of "ded game". Ok, well it did that.

However they realize they over hyped it and released a news post saying to slow down and things take time. So we knew no D4.

We were now on the ...expansion (not likely), char pack, major patch, some other game for PC track. Fine.

Then..mobile outsourced to China (when Blizz has prided themselves on not outsourcing), for the China market with a shady company that is known for MTX.

Total and complete PR miss. If they want to do another game for Diablo that reaches PC - they need to make sure to reach out to the PC audience. We waited forever for D3...but we need them to be honest. Tell us it will be a wait. Or tell us that you no longer care about the PC crowd.

Limbo sucks. Again, it feels like a bad breakup.

I say this as someone who really really wants them to succeed and for a new game on PC that delves into the lore/gameplay options.
11/21/2018 03:40 PMPosted by MissCheetah

I have no idea who that is... I have not had TV since 2001 though so take my thoughts on anything modern with some salt and pepper too.

The first video, provided to a content starved audience, was to address the rumors of "ded game". Ok, well it did that.

However they realize they over hyped it and released a news post saying to slow down and things take time. So we knew no D4.

We were now on the ...expansion (not likely), char pack, major patch, some other game for PC track. Fine.

Then..mobile outsourced to China (when Blizz has prided themselves on not outsourcing), for the China market with a shady company that is known for MTX.

Total and complete PR miss. If they want to do another game for Diablo that reaches PC - they need to make sure to reach out to the PC audience. We waited forever for D3...but we need them to be honest. Tell us it will be a wait. Or tell us that you no longer care about the PC crowd.

Limbo sucks. Again, it feels like a bad breakup.

I say this as someone who really really wants them to succeed and for a new game on PC that delves into the lore/gameplay options.

Basically, Michael Scott makes big sweeping promises that he can never fulfill. He is the classic foot-in-mouth person. He is also the boss of the entire office. He always ends up back tracking in a horrible way and it just makes everyone even more upset than they originally started. The best part is everyone was fine without the announcement and proposition. He'd have been better off just not making it at all. He does it anyway because it was a fantastic idea in his own mind. He speaks without thinking or having a conclusion to his words, then he eats his words later when he is unable to live up to the hype.

Wyatt on Blizzcon stage = Michael Scott.
I love Wendy's
11/21/2018 02:55 PMPosted by RedPanda
They didn't miss anything, they weren't talking to us at blizzcon, they were talking to the shareholders.

As a shareholder I am not amused, as a player am P'd off.
LMAO...

WoW...

That Wendy's shot complete's the 3-piece...

2 to the head and 1 to the gut.

Imagine if some company (like Frito-Lay/Doritos) comes up with a slick, hilarious super bowl commercial that takes shots at toilet Diablo (aka Bathroom Buddy Diablo).

You are taking shots sweet cheeks... better knuckle up butter cup.
How app (as in appropriate and pun intended), DI Burrrrrn!

So we have Dominos and Wendy's taking pot shots at clueless Blizz. I really hope they get their heads out of the ground and get a clue.
Diabowl! I'm trademarking that sucker right now!
Lol
11/21/2018 02:58 PMPosted by TheDarkitect
You can learn a few things about communication here ActiBli$$ard

No kidding. Isn't it sad when a *fast food company* is more in touch with the gaming community, than, a so-called game company?
11/21/2018 05:48 PMPosted by GhostDragon
Diabowl! I'm trademarking that sucker right now!
If you start a Diabowling alley, make sure to install outlets next to the toilets for people to sit around playing D:I.
11/21/2018 02:51 PMPosted by KushiSensei
I don't see why this is such a big deal.

the people Running Wendy's twitter page seems to be people who keep in the loop about things.

have you seen their tweets in the past? they target everyone for a joke.

It was a good burn, don't get me wrong but this is nothing special from them.

No, their PR team is really on top of stuff so not really that odd. What is unusual is for them to go after something outside the fast food industry or related industries. I mean, meme while the meme is hot though.

11/21/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Kithelle
I think that's the part that has me most confused. How did Blizzard miss this? It just feels like it was obvious to everyone except them.

The Wendy's account is the Bashiok of Twitter. Seriously. ^_^