Folks who miss the AH or RMAH. Why do you want it back?

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
As above.

To me, the removal of the AH and RMAH was a plus. It motivated me to go out and kill monsters to upgrade myself, instead of camping the AH or RMAH for loot.

I do hear the odd complain here and there about the removal of the AH and RMAH, and even a few who said a better feature POE had was its non-official RMAH (no idea if these are trolls).

So why do you miss the AH and RMAH?
That's a BIG FAT NO for me on that.
Most people who miss the system were probably the ones working it.
I dont understand most people when it comes to the auction house. I feel the idea was great, it was another way to interact with the game oter than endleslly grinding, it was a way to spend your gold in a way where the only way back then was on repair, and today is empowering grifts.

I dont understand why the hate on the auction house, i abhor the REAL MONEY auction house because that was simply HIDEOUS. but not the AH.
BTW, could you guys who dislikes the auction house only, explain to me why? i truly cant understand, and i actually felt sad when they took both down and not only the RMAH.
11/22/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Omega
I dont understand most people when it comes to the auction house. I feel the idea was great, it was another way to interact with the game oter than endleslly grinding, it was a way to spend your gold in a way where the only way back then was on repair, and today is empowering grifts.

I dont understand why the hate on the auction house, i abhor the REAL MONEY auction house because that was simply HIDEOUS. but not the AH.
BTW, could you guys who dislikes the auction house only, explain to me why? i truly cant understand, and i actually felt sad when they took both down and not only the RMAH.
I want to play the game not the auction house. The auction house effected the drop rates in game and messed up the grind.
I didn’t like it. Loot was then also done in such a way that you almost never found gear. Pushing people into AH.
I didn't start playing d3 until the RMAH was already gone, and personally, I prefer to see it (or some version of trading) back, but its just my op. Everyone's concern is pay to win and the problems it creates...but people already buy and sell accounts, carry services, and unidentified items - so I don't see how removing it has really benefited the game. Plus there's is still botting, and its never going to be eliminated, unfortunately.
11/22/2018 05:23 PMPosted by MetalCabal
I didn't start playing d3 until the RMAH was already gone, and personally, I prefer to see it back, but its just my op. Everyone's concern is pay to win and the problems it creates...but people already buy and sell accounts, carry services, and unidentified items - so I don't see how removing it has really benefited the game. Plus there's is still botting, and its never going to be eliminated, unfortunately.
Trust me it sucked. You could not get good gear to drop and end up playing the damn auction house and not the damn game.
[quote="207682313785".[/quote]Trust me it sucked. You could not get good gear to drop and end up playing the damn auction house and not the damn game.[/quote]

Yeah, if blizz was getting a cut from the sales and then adjusting the drop rates to blow arze so they could get more RMAH transactions going on....that's a really %^-*ty thing. I hadn't really thought of it like that until now.....
I can see why people wouldn't want it back on those grounds.
11/22/2018 05:23 PMPosted by MetalCabal
I didn't start playing d3 until the RMAH was already gone, and personally, I prefer to see it back, but its just my op. Everyone's concern is pay to win and the problems it creates...but people already buy and sell accounts, carry services, and unidentified items - so I don't see how removing it has really benefited the game. Plus there's is still botting, and its never going to be eliminated, unfortunately.

It affected drop rates. And gear prices were so inflated the most effective way to buy it was to buy gems on the rmah to sell on the ah.

As a loot grinder this was poison.
PoE has done trading right. Blizzard wasn't even close.
I guess my position is that I just like to see a trading system, because I suspect it would curtail the account selling and other stupid services that get spammed in the genchat. I think that stuff is ridiculous...again...just my op.
11/22/2018 05:27 PMPosted by MetalCabal
[quote="207682313785".

No not so much that but if drop rate were too high then Auction House would make rare item worthless. So by virtue of have a Auction House gold and real money the drop rate got borked.
11/22/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Midnight
I didn’t like it. Loot was then also done in such a way that you almost never found gear. Pushing people into AH.

That was because of the RMAH! Look at the game now? you do a rift and you drop 8 legendaries, it really lost its value and your hype when you drop it!

There were times that i got tired of grinding but i kept on the game just to see what were the gear other people were selling and it was interesting, i remember 1.300 manajumas knifes, i really liked scrolling through the gear when i didnt want to grind.
And the other thing is just like Quinn69 said before, if we have a MOBILE game that was free to download and had something you could do and you could earn stuff like keys to grifts on your D3 account or something like that would be AWESOME, it would increase your contact with the game with more option on how to keep in touch with it.
I dont understand why people say otherwise because the game right now is 3 things basically, do bounties, rift or grift. there should be so much more stuff you could do just like i said, tired of grinding? take a look to the AH, it was just an option, if you dont like it, just dont use it, same for the mobile, if it was a free to download and would only give something to help you out when you would play the D3, like giving keystones.
I just strongly think that the more ways to interact with the game, the better, and i miss the AH and really thought what Quin69 said about that mobile game way to interact with D3 was awesome too.
11/22/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Omega
but not the AH.
BTW, could you guys who dislikes the auction house only, explain to me why?

Because the loot was directly affected by the AH, it was made taking into consideration the AH existed, items have an extremelly wide range of stats they could roll and a very high amount stat they could roll that finding one yourself was really hard, I played self found and just hit a wall at inferno I slowly pushed until I could begin A2 and then could not get past the first quest, I farmed A1 for about 2 months and got nothing to help me push every single weapon was a 400ish DPS one that just weren't denting the monsters on A2, finally I got a really crappy one with 800ish DPS and faced another wall on the Arcanum just before Magda and I just gave up, went into the AH and bought a weapon and could finish A2.

Basically the loot drops were so bad that the best way to gear up was to monitor the AH, but after that playing the game still made no sense since your time was better spend gambling the AH when the best way to gear up in a loot grinding game is not playing the game at all you have a huge issue.
11/22/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Midnight

That was because of the RMAH! Look at the game now? you do a rift and you drop 8 legendaries, it really lost its value and your hype when you drop it!

There were times that i got tired of grinding but i kept on the game just to see what were the gear other people were selling and it was interesting, i remember 1.300 manajumas knifes, i really liked scrolling through the gear when i didnt want to grind.
And the other thing is just like Quinn69 said before, if we have a MOBILE game that was free to download and had something you could do and you could earn stuff like keys to grifts on your D3 account or something like that would be AWESOME, it would increase your contact with the game with more option on how to keep in touch with it.
I dont understand why people say otherwise because the game right now is 3 this basically, do bounties, rift or grift. there should be so much more stuff you could do just like i said, tired of grinding? take a look to the AH, it was just an option, if you dont like it, just dont use it, same for the mobile, if it was a free to download and would only give something to help you out when you would play the D3, like giving keystones.
I just strongly think that the more ways to interact with the game, the better, and i miss the AH and really thought what Quin69 said about that mobile game way to interact with D3 was awesome too.
I just don't see how you can add the Auction House with out braking game progression. I don't want to have to sit there playing the damn AH just so I can get a good item.
Loot 1.0 was bad combination with AH.

Would it work with 2.0... I don’t know. But it didn’t with 1.0.
The AH itself wasn't a problem. The problem is that it launched along with a very unrewarding loot system. You could play for hours and not see a single legendary. And most legendaries were outclasses by good rares. This led people to resort to spending most of their time surfing the AH, as actually grinding mobs just wasn't worth it in comparison.

Trading itself is not a problem. It was one of my favourite parts of D2. I made lots of friends trading items. But having trading or an AH with a poor loot system is just a terrible combination. D2 struck a much better balance.
11/22/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Gorganis
The AH itself wasn't a problem. The problem is that it launched along with a very unrewarding loot system. You could play for hours and not see a single legendary. And most legendaries were outclasses by good rares. This led people to resort to spending most of their time surfing the AH, as actually grinding mobs just wasn't worth it in comparison.

Trading itself is not a problem. It was one of my favourite parts of D2. I made lots of friends trading items. But having trading or an AH with a poor loot system is just a terrible combination. D2 struck a much better balance.
Hmmm good point.
I really think people here got it wrong with how the look drop worked, because it became really rare because of the greedy side of blizzard putting the RMAH, the AH wouldnt not disrupt the game because there would be no reason to, just one more way to interact with the community.
Imagine a AH right now on how d3 is with loot 2.0, you could use your gold in some way other than only empowering grifts basicaly. I cant believe people would not like this option, it really boggles me.

The more ways to interact with a game you love, the better!
And i totally agree with everybody about the RMAH, that was the thing that killed part of the game, they make loot really rare so youd have to spend money if you wanted some gear, but not with only the AH now with how the game is.