Folks who miss the AH or RMAH. Why do you want it back?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
I played back with the rmah, made quite a decent amount of money off it too. I think it would of worked if 1 was not a tax problem and 2, the drop rates were a bit higher, overall, i personally think after the rmah died, thousands left, nothing to grind for anymore, get's boring. I come back a season here or there, play for 2 weeks then come back in 2-4 more seasons when im bored and do the same thing. With the rmah, it just felt rewarding and you can also buy certain items with gold. I believe if the cube was in then, it would of been just fine, i also think with that extra money blizz would of kept making expansions and not just let the game die or go mobile..Just my opinions
11/25/2018 06:42 AMPosted by beastmode
I played back with the rmah, made quite a decent amount of money off it too. I think it would of worked if 1 was not a tax problem and 2, the drop rates were a bit higher, overall, i personally think after the rmah died, thousands left, nothing to grind for anymore, get's boring. I come back a season here or there, play for 2 weeks then come back in 2-4 more seasons when im bored and do the same thing. With the rmah, it just felt rewarding and you can also buy certain items with gold. I believe if the cube was in then, it would of been just fine, i also think with that extra money blizz would of kept making expansions and not just let the game die or go mobile..Just my opinions

As long as there's equal (or at least as equal as possible) opportunity between those who trade and those who self-find to acquire decent or better gear, I have no quarrel with either options.
11/25/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Oblivion
11/25/2018 06:42 AMPosted by beastmode

As long as there's equal (or at least as equal as possible) opportunity between those who trade and those who self-find to acquire decent or better gear, I have no quarrel with either options.

Your own selffound server or single player will solve that....

POE even has self found servers, so its not like its not possible..

Go play that....

Why should the way u want to play the game effect the way i want to play it..
11/25/2018 06:47 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib

Go play that....

Why should the way u want to play the game effect the way i want to play it.

How does having the option of getting gear myself affect you if you can still trade with others for your gear? Also, if I wanted to play another game, I'd just go back to Diablo 2, not really feeling poe honestly, it's not for me.
11/25/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Oblivion

Go play that....

Why should the way u want to play the game effect the way i want to play it.

How does having the option of getting gear myself affect you if you can still trade with others for your gear? Also, if I wanted to play another game, I'd just go back to Diablo 2, not really feeling poe honestly, it's not for me.

Are u serious??

They raised the drop rates by x100000 like i have said several times now..... That effects this thing called a "Economy" in games with trading.. Which makes trading worthless and pointless cause everything drops for everybody.........
11/25/2018 06:59 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib
Are u serious??

They raised the drop rates by x100000 like i have said several times now..... That effects this thing called a "Economy" in games with trading.. Which makes trading worthless and pointless cause everything drops for everybody.........

Are you serious? Many people, myself included would agree in a heartbeat that the current droprate is higher than it should be. Not sure how you missed that honestly.
11/25/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Oblivion
11/25/2018 06:59 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib
Are u serious??

Are you serious? Many people, myself included would agree in a heartbeat that the current droprate is higher than it should be. Not sure how you missed that honestly.

Then u should understand why trading would not work with self found players and trading players on the same servers, and why they would effect one another

Ether u are trolling, or know little to nothing about economy.

Im done, goodbye

***Says they cleared all of D2's content without trading and then when Ubers are mentioned they say it wasnt "released" at that time they "cleared" everything.... Uhhhhhhhh
***Hate to break it to you, but if u cleared all of D2's content without trading, that means u CLEARED EVERYTHING including all later patches that added content like the Ubers....
11/25/2018 07:04 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib
Then u should understand why trading would not work with self found players and trading players on the same servers, and why they would effect one another

Im done, goodbye

Take care.

*Says they cleared all of D2's content without trading and then when Ubers are mentioned they say it wasnt "released" at that time they "cleared" everything.... Uhhhhhhhh
*Hate to break it to you, but if u cleared all of D2's content without trading, that means u CLEARED EVERYTHING including all later patches that added content like the Ubers....

I cleared all of Diablo 2 quests in all 3 difficulties, however events like ubers, while I haven't cleared those completely self-found, they are clearable without trading if you have the right class and build.
11/25/2018 07:04 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib

Im done, goodbye

Take care.

*Says they cleared all of D2's content without trading and then when Ubers are mentioned they say it wasnt "released" at that time they "cleared" everything.... Uhhhhhhhh
*Hate to break it to you, but if u cleared all of D2's content without trading, that means u CLEARED EVERYTHING including all later patches that added content like the Ubers....

I cleared all of Diablo 2 quests in all 3 difficulties, however events like ubers, while I haven't cleared those completely self-found, they are clearable without trading if you have the right class and build.

Im back.. Just thought of something!!

Well if u are right.. Prove it..

Ladder reset coming up in December..

Clear the whole game with no trading..

Prove that u can find those jahs and bers for u enigma!

Also FYI.. If u think clearing the quest lines is clearing all the game content, u are sadly mistaken...

Its hilarious how u keep twisting your words around....

Scroll up u said u cleared ALL content with no trading.. that would include all ubers and all side quests that is EVERYTHING
11/25/2018 07:14 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib

Welcome back...

I'll clear the whole questline with no trading, but anything more than that isn't worth my time.
11/25/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Oblivion
11/25/2018 07:14 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib

Welcome back...

I'll clear the whole questline with no trading, but anything more than that isn't worth my time.

11/25/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Oblivion
You'd be correct if trading was a massive requirement in arpgs, but it's not. In games like Diablo 2, you could get through it without ever having to trade at all.

But u said u can get through it all without trading... All content.. Now u only want to play 10% of the game, the part that people get rushed through and not the other 90% of the game..

Hmmm

Starting to look like u never played any D2 end game
11/25/2018 07:21 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib
But u said u can get through it all without trading... All content.. Now u only want to play 10% of the game, the part that people get rushed through and not the other 90% of the game..

Hmmm

It's probably silly of me to respond but oh well. Firstly, saying getting through the game should obviously mean the questline since they are required in order to continue the game (which ubers are not). It is different from saying clearing the game which means the entire game (including ubers).

Also, ubers are probably only bout 10% of the game, not 90%... The questline is a massive part of the game (as you receive incredibly useful rewards), far more than 10%, and if I said self-found, it also means solo, so I wouldn't be getting rushed. Also, for the record, I've never said that I didn't clear ubers, I certainly did with my pvp smiter (however, I traded for his gear so I wouldn't count him); what I did say, was I never cleared ubers as a self-found player.

With that said however, a solo self-found player in time can clear the entire game, me personally however I only cleared the questline solo, because after that I got into pvp and started trading for gear, because playing multiple pvp classes without trading was an incredibly difficulty thing to do, (I know a few who did so, and they have my respect for it).

All in all, trading isn't as required to get through Diablo 2 as you'd like to think. Sure it most certainly makes things easier, but that's it.
11/22/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Fieryeel
As above.

To me, the removal of the AH and RMAH was a plus. It motivated me to go out and kill monsters to upgrade myself, instead of camping the AH or RMAH for loot.

I do hear the odd complain here and there about the removal of the AH and RMAH, and even a few who said a better feature POE had was its non-official RMAH (no idea if these are trolls).

So why do you miss the AH and RMAH?
Don't Want RMAH or Even AH Back Do Want Trade and or Giving Back Enuff Said
11/25/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Oblivion
11/25/2018 05:15 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib
But i guess thats what these children want nowadays, everything handed to them and never have to work for or earn anything...

The problem however was that you could grind for weeks or even months and still not find anything even remotely useful (to use or to sell).
Which obviously lends to the fact that Blizzard's version of free trade relied on paying real money to get the items you wanted.

That's more tedious than fun honestly, and it's something I certainly don't miss
No-one misses that, and the reason isn't due to trading or even the auction house, but that Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom thought that paying real money to progress and design the entire gear acquisition mechanic on that alone.

Of course, the way things are now has it's own set of problems as well, but I won't go into that.
Of course not, because that ruined the game, so let's not talk about that. Blizzard told us that you should find your own items in their complete 180, that the object of this game was to slay monsters and be rewarded by doing so... and then introduced Kadala, which, literally, emulates using collected currency to trade for items - but apparently trading with NPC's is better than trading with other players.
11/25/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Oblivion
11/25/2018 07:21 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib

Hmmm

It's probably silly of me to respond but oh well. Firstly, saying getting through the game should obviously mean the questline since they are required in order to continue the game (which ubers are not). It is different from saying clearing the game which means the entire game (including ubers).

Also, ubers are probably only bout 10% of the game, not 90%... The questline is a massive part of the game (as you receive incredibly useful rewards), far more than 10%, and if I said self-found, it also means solo, so I wouldn't be getting rushed. Also, for the record, I've never said that I didn't clear ubers, I certainly did with my pvp smiter (however, I traded for his gear so I wouldn't count him); what I did say, was I never cleared ubers as a self-found player.

With that said however, a solo self-found player in time can clear the entire game, me personally however I only cleared the questline solo, because after that I got into pvp and started trading for gear, because playing multiple pvp classes without trading was an incredibly difficulty thing to do, (I know a few who did so, and they have my respect for it).

All in all, trading isn't as required to get through Diablo 2 as you'd like to think. Sure it most certainly makes things easier, but that's it.

Never once said that ubers are 90% of the game....

U are so full of excuses its insane...

You said u can get through the WHOLE game with no trading, that means u can clear all content with no trading.. Quit trying to twist your words around in your favor....

The quest line is 10% of the game... Leveling to 99, different build for different characters, Runes, Runewords, PvP, Trading, Ubers, farming for items and trying to find perfects, the ladder race. The list goes on and on..

Thats 90% of the game.... Not a quest line that EVERYONE skips......

Like i said.. If what u say is true, then prove it.

Clear ALL content with no trading... Get all those Jahs and Ber's and runewords for ubers and ALL content self found. Stop making excuses..
11/25/2018 08:05 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib
The quest line is 10% of the game... Leveling to 99, different build for different characters, Runes, Runewords, PvP, Trading, Ubers, farming for items and trying to find perfects, the ladder race. The list goes on and on..

....Sorry but achieving leveling 99 is more of a personal achievement not a required one, at least not enough to be consider clearable content. Ladder is a game mode, pvp isn't clearable content, cause you can't clear it..., trading isn't clearable content, it's something that'll help you clear content, runewords as well as runes are no more clearable content than any other obtainable item, gem, or jewelry. Hardly any of those things could be considered clearable content...

Not everyone skips the questline... Only those who are rushing a new character, usually for pvp or making a new farming character.

Clear ALL content with no trading... Get all those Jahs and Ber's and runewords for ubers and ALL content self found. Stop making excuses..

Sorry, those aren't clearable content...
Not an excuse, just a fact.
11/25/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Oblivion

....Sorry but achieving leveling 99 is more of a personal achievement not a required one, at least not enough to be consider clearable content. Ladder is a game mode, pvp isn't clearable content, cause you can't clear it..., trading isn't clearable content, it's something that'll help you clear content, runewords as well as runes are no more clearable content than any other obtainable item, gem, or jewelry. Hardly any of those things could be considered clearable content...

Not everyone skips the questline... Only those who are rushing a new character, usually for pvp or making a new farming character.

Sorry, those aren't clearable content...
Not an excuse, just a fact.

More excuses.

That's all u got..

Claim u can do something.

Then make every excuse not to do it...

Congrats, my point proven...

Thank you, and good day.
11/25/2018 08:35 AMPosted by TweakNOnJib
More excuses.

That's all u got..

Claim u can do something.

Then make every excuse not to do it...

Congrats, my point proven...

Thank you, and good day.

Once again, take care.
11/25/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Oblivion

Go play that....

Why should the way u want to play the game effect the way i want to play it..

Well, first off, the drop rates in PoE aren't changed in SSF mode that I'm aware of. So it's the same drop rate, you just can't use most of what you find and will have a more difficult time finding what you're after. This is why the builds in the SSF modes tend to be generic and use less Uniques than another builds.

Second.. you do realize that last sentence goes both ways, right? Why should I be affected by your desire to accumulate virtual wealth?