Stock - Quarterly Review Today

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
So I'm not business savvy but I would like to understand what the current stock price means in reference to conversations within the office today for the quarterly conference.

So I ask, what do you think will go down in the conference today and what might we expect in the immediate and long term future?

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/atvi/real-

Edit: Conference Call: Nov 8th 2018, 4:30PM EST
https://investor.activision.com/events-presentations
Highly Rated
you're fired
I'm pretty sure the mess will hit the fan...….although I also predict the lower the stock value the better the communication we will get

down another 2.5%
https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/atvi/stock-chart
Down $1b last night. Hasn't even been a week and that announcement has lost them at least $5b.
I would love to be a fly on that wall right now. I can sense the panic already at 11am.
It'll probably go up when D:I hits China, but I wonder how much they will loose until then.
Highly Rated
The stock fluctuation is the one and only reason that anyone at Blizzard has decided to pay any attention to these forums again.
11/08/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Osmium
The stock fluctuation is the one and only reason that anyone at Blizzard has decided to pay any attention to these forums again.

I think the PR-disaster was also putting the brand's reputation at risk, but those are basically 2 sides of the same coin.

I was actually expecting the stock price to stabilize or go slightly up again today, but as it turns out, I don't know anything about the stock market.

From my layman perspective this trend looks concerning indeed.
Don't get too carried away.

It is true the stock is down about 10% from the start of blizzcon, 25% from the peak and its even the lowest its been this year. That is certainly not insignificant. 10% is worth $1.8billion or so.

SOME of that is from the diablo fiasco, but as far as the total worth of the company the diablo ip is probably only 5-10% or so. That means this announcement has cost them around $100million at this point in time......

It also may very well recover in the coming weeks.

HOWEVER the good news is, the drop is definitely enough to make the suits upstairs take notice and at least pay attention. You can bet there is a LOT of talk about what happened at blizzcon and what to do next. So at a minimum its going to generate SOME action. What that is remains to be seen though.
So that is why they decided to post on the forums today. Sigh. Damage control at its finest.
AVTI is trending downward overall, and they are down another 3% or so, so far today. Looks like they will hit their year low if they already haven't. I sense consequences for people coming down the pipe.
yea revenues are like the end all for bascially all companies ever.
its really simple.
see if people could get over themselves and not-buy-diablo-immortal 'just to try it'...see that's the hook.

to try it. you have to buy it.

and so buying it means blizzard wins.
so the key is to....be ok / learn how to / not want to try it.

I don't want to see a large profit number under diablo immortal.
blizzard fine, wow fine, any silo is fine.
just not diablo immortal because it is such a baitswitch by how they hyped it and such a gigantic punch to the face for PC, no matter how hard they try to twist that into don't worry multiple projects we don't forget etc.

its real blizz, you chose mobile over PC, for this project and this period of time. and that hurts PC.own it. stop defending it.
I’m glad it’s hit their stocks, and hope it continues to do so until Blizzard (Diablo in particular) course corrects.

They might make a quick buck in the mobile market but for how long? Mobile customers are notoriously fickle and the new shiny (thousand other) mobile games will be just around the corner.

From an investors point of view it could look pretty smart, cashing in on that market with a quick cheap (re-skinned) game.

However, that would be if you’d managed to do that AND not set fire to your loyal long-time profitable fan base, completely turning them against you. Or burned down your reputation in the gaming community.

Diablo Immortal isn’t a complete shoe in. Apart from the overwhelming negativity it has received in the West, Chinese comments haven’t exactly been favourable.

Money will still be made of course, the vulnerable, gambling addicted and children are ripe for being milked by these unscrupulous mobile games.

But eventually that market will dry up, either by being legislated against or just the fickle nature of mobile games fans. If Blizzard continues to burn their bridges at home by pursuing this course then on their own head be it.
11/08/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Thorodan

see if people could get over themselves and not-buy-diablo-immortal 'just to try it'...see that's the hook.

to try it. you have to buy it.

and so buying it means blizzard wins.
so the key is to....be ok / learn how to / not want to try it.

Its a mobile game. it will be F2P and loaded with micro transactions. Won't have to buy anything to try it.
Blizzard Aren't You Thankful?
Not sure why, but I didn't expect their stocks to be hit. Glad it did. This isn't just a hit to PC gamers, it's showing that Blizzard decided to cash out on kids and overseas with an effortlessly made game they claim was done from nothing. It's a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone. It's a copy of Diablo 3 with copied D2 elements copied from a Chinese mobile game that is a copy of Diablo. Somehow, my clone sentence actually makes sense.
Isn't the biggest reason why stocks have been down is that Black Ops underperformed?

Yeah Blizzcon has been a factor the last several days but overall.
I hope they don't break even on what they invested in the game. It would either make them forget the diablo series forever (not terrible considering how badly they have messed it up) or get them working on something we actually want.
11/08/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Obechu

So I ask, what do you think will go down in the conference today and what might we expect in the immediate and long term future?

As the D:I releases and revenue starts to kick in and show in numbers. We can start seeing a clear growth of the value of the stock.

Expect anything around 130-150$ a share in 2-3 years. Good times to buy ATVI right now.