Stock - Quarterly Review Today

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
Watching Asmongold stream this now. They really seem dead set on this mobile push.
11/08/2018 01:52 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I think the reason we all loved Blizzard was because we felt they cared about us as game players, not just as walking wallets. This decision with DIE to debut it at Blizzcon makes it feel like they don't care about their Community anymore.

We shall see.

Sorry to say, the bigger the company, the more they view customers as

…"walking wallets".

This happens over and over. Once it gets to a certain population of workers/managers then the little things begin to erode, such as customer feedback to those who can do...let me repeat...those that do...instead of being routed to those that make decisions, after spending weeks analyzing and having meetings discussing, what the people that do....will do.

Red Tape Bloat - It is a debilitating disease.
11/08/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Lesserred
11/08/2018 09:09 AMPosted by DarkLord
Isn't the biggest reason why stocks have been down is that Black Ops underperformed?

Yeah Blizzcon has been a factor the last several days but overall.

Activision-Blizzard is a separately tracked stock from the parent company.

Activision-Blizzard is the holding company that trades on the stock exchange. It contains the three developers: Blizzard, Activision, and King as well as MTG for eSports. Those three are separate and don't influence each other. However, because they are all three tied to the holding company for stock....it can be argued there is pressure to perform.
11/08/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Zolgar
Watching Asmongold stream this now. They really seem dead set on this mobile push.

Listening to them now.. It's because King (Candy crush) is making them the most money.. Watch D:I have like a dungeon which will make you watch and ad for Candy Crush or whatever to enter..
11/08/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Zolgar

They are. Not just for Diablo either. I mean mobile would be awesome for a WoW Battle Pet game and players have actually asked for that over and over. They are quick and fast matches that have a simple interface that can easily be adapted to mobile. Why not go for the one people WANTED instead of one we did not. Totally tone deaf.
Blizzard's financal killer is Blizzard's own statements;

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288504/more-mobile-titles-in-development-at-blizzard-entertainment

"In terms of Blizzard's approach to mobile gaming, many of us over the last few years have shifted from playing primarily desktop to playing many hours on mobile, and we have many of our best developers now working on new mobile titles across all of our IPs. Some of them are with external partners, like Diablo: Immortal; many of them are being developed internally only, and we'll have information to share on those in the future. I will say also that we have more new products in development today at Blizzard than we've ever had in our history and our future is very bright."

Blizzard
"interesting reaction" :P
Diablo Immortal backlash discussed right now.
Wow. What a non-answer.
"mobile is the biggest platform in gaming today"

i think they and us have very different idea's as to what constitues 'gaming'
"We only release the game when it's matching the high standards of our community"

10 seconds later:

"We will definitely do that"

This is just priceless.
11/08/2018 01:40 PMPosted by MissCheetah
So exceeded outlook in Q3, BUT, the slide that was just up talked about release of a few games (CoD, WoW BfA, CandyCrush, etc) but had two key sections - MOBILE expansion. They are talking about it now. Lots of mobile talk. Collaborating with tencent (China) on CoD. Stated Immortal will be a very well received game worldwide despite the "muted" reception it got at Blizzcon. He is sadly not wrong that it will sell. It won't be to US though. He is not telling investors he has nothing for the current audience yet.

Also doing what they can to grow engagement in other models like eSports.

Thank you very much!
"Clear the PC/console base wants more

We appreciate we have such a passionate player base

Diablo is a tent-pole franchise

Vague references to projects "in the works"
Grabbing beer and popcorn :D Actually its somewhat sad what happens.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/activision-stock-falls-8-after-earnings-miss-2018-11-08

lulz
What people, there was no one even in the line to play it?
What people said it was good?
Here's a Highlight mentioning the Blizzcon and D3.
https://clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulTacitRuffHassanChop
"quality standards" - meaning partnering with a poor rep company known for MTX. They are either not being honest or really think they are right in their decisions...despite the backlash.

Hopefully someone is recording or transcribing all this. I want to go back and review it in case I am jumping to conclusions and taking anything out of context.

Now...talking about selling advertising on their programs, specifically CandyCrush.
From the call:

Q: Thank you for taking my question. Diablo Immortal. Can you give us more color and how we should think about the timing of that?

A: Hi. This is Jay. So, we seen some interesting reaction to the announcement. I think that it's clear that there is a lot of players who are eager for more Diablo PC and console content. I think that came through loud and clear from BlizzCon. And frankly, we feel fortunate to have a community they cares so much about that franchise. The commitment and the engagement of our community is one of the things that makes Blizzard very special. Something we really appreciate, and you know, we like to hear the plan -- hear the things that they articulate as to what they want to hear next and what we can do better, frankly.

Diablo is an important tent pole franchise for Blizzard Entertainment and we have one of the things we said is we have multiple teams working on multiple different projects for the Diablo community.

We feel that Diablo Immortal is going to deliver a very authentic Diablo experience and we are not going to compromise on that mission. Launching the game is only going to be the beginning. There is going to be ongoing support and we are only going to release the game when we feel like it is meeting the community's very high standards. In the end, Diablo Immortal is going to fulfill that and we think that people are going to experience it and we think they are going to love it.

Regarding the opportunity for Diablo and specifically on mobile, I think it is a very significant opportunity. Mobile is the biggest platform in gaming today and taking a game like mobile on to that platform in a way that is really reflecting our quality standards, I think it really opens a lot of the franchise and other franchises to a global audience, including people who don't have PCs or especially in China where Blizzard is a very, very strong western brand.

Regarding the timing, that's something that we will talk about as we go forward. It is very important that we release the game and is it an excellent experience when it is released.

One thing to add, Brian, is when we got the feedback from people actually who had the chance on a hands on basis to play the game, it was really positive positive.