Stock - Quarterly Review Today

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 12 Next
There is people that have played it and have said D:I it's actually good, including Rhykker and others which impressions you can easily search.
11/08/2018 02:06 PMPosted by MissCheetah
"quality standards" - meaning partnering with a poor rep company known for MTX. They are either not being honest or really think they are right in their decisions...despite the backlash.

Hopefully someone is recording or transcribing all this. I want to go back and review it in case I am jumping to conclusions and taking anything out of context.

Now...talking about selling advertising on their programs, specifically CandyCrush.

I'm confident a transcript will be provided after the call. Not sure if publicly though.

But since Asmongold is streaming it we will have access to the whole call anyway.
Heh. They say that people who tried di love it so far and they think that mobile entertainment industry is the biggest right now...more crap on mobiles bla bla bla...
Not saying that they wont release anything on pc, consoles. But they are pushing stuff on mobiles hard. Oh well.
Yeah..destiny is not performing as expected :-D
11/08/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Jinx
From the call:

Q: Thank you for taking my question. Diablo Immortal. Can you give us more color and how we should think about the timing of that?

A: Hi. This is Jay. So, we seen some interesting reaction to the announcement. I think that it's clear that there is a lot of players who are eager for more Diablo PC and console content. I think that came through loud and clear from BlizzCon. And frankly, we feel fortunate to have a community they cares so much about that franchise. The commitment and the engagement of our community is one of the things that makes Blizzard very special. Something we really appreciate, and you know, we like to hear the plan -- hear the things that they articulate as to what they want to hear next and what we can do better, frankly.

Diablo is an important tent pole franchise for Blizzard Entertainment and we have one of the things we said is we have multiple teams working on multiple different projects for the Diablo community.

We feel that Diablo Immortal is going to deliver a very authentic Diablo experience and we are not going to compromise on that mission. Launching the game is only going to be the beginning. There is going to be ongoing support and we are only going to release the game when we feel like it is meeting the community's very high standards. In the end, Diablo Immortal is going to fulfill that and we think that people are going to experience it and we think they are going to love it.

Regarding the opportunity for Diablo and specifically on mobile, I think it is a very significant opportunity. Mobile is the biggest platform in gaming today and taking a game like mobile on to that platform in a way that is really reflecting our quality standards, I think it really opens a lot of the franchise and other franchises to a global audience, including people who don't have PCs or especially in China where Blizzard is a very, very strong western brand.

Regarding the timing, that's something that we will talk about as we go forward. It is very important that we release the game and is it an excellent experience when it is released.

One thing to add, Brian, is when we got the feedback from people actually who had the chance on a hands on basis to play the game, it was really positive positive.

the biggest of non-answers.
11/08/2018 02:09 PMPosted by AlDante
From the call:

Q: Thank you for taking my question. Diablo Immortal. Can you give us more color and how we should think about the timing of that?

A: Hi. This is Jay. So, we seen some interesting reaction to the announcement. I think that it's clear that there is a lot of players who are eager for more Diablo PC and console content. I think that came through loud and clear from BlizzCon. And frankly, we feel fortunate to have a community they cares so much about that franchise. The commitment and the engagement of our community is one of the things that makes Blizzard very special. Something we really appreciate, and you know, we like to hear the plan -- hear the things that they articulate as to what they want to hear next and what we can do better, frankly.

Diablo is an important tent pole franchise for Blizzard Entertainment and we have one of the things we said is we have multiple teams working on multiple different projects for the Diablo community.

We feel that Diablo Immortal is going to deliver a very authentic Diablo experience and we are not going to compromise on that mission. Launching the game is only going to be the beginning. There is going to be ongoing support and we are only going to release the game when we feel like it is meeting the community's very high standards. In the end, Diablo Immortal is going to fulfill that and we think that people are going to experience it and we think they are going to love it.

Regarding the opportunity for Diablo and specifically on mobile, I think it is a very significant opportunity. Mobile is the biggest platform in gaming today and taking a game like mobile on to that platform in a way that is really reflecting our quality standards, I think it really opens a lot of the franchise and other franchises to a global audience, including people who don't have PCs or especially in China where Blizzard is a very, very strong western brand.

Regarding the timing, that's something that we will talk about as we go forward. It is very important that we release the game and is it an excellent experience when it is released.

One thing to add, Brian, is when we got the feedback from people actually who had the chance on a hands on basis to play the game, it was really positive positive.

the biggest on non-answers.

You're doing the dark lord's work!
They sound much less presured ..or rather .. 'less' scripted ..but they are still being carefull to withhold the information they know we want.

Stoking the fire ActiBliz ..ur not helping urself ! >.<
11/08/2018 02:07 PMPosted by RegnierLoT
There is people that have played it and have said D:I it's actually good, including Rhykker and others which impressions you can easily search.

Well yeah, for a mobile game it was fine. Good even. But as Rhykker, Leviathan, and many other PC Diablo fans said, it is not a game they want to play and certainly one they can't stream. That is the opinion of most of the PC game base.

There ARE people at Blizzcon though who would have tried it from a fresh perspective. They are Hearthstone players or Heroes of the Storm, etc. They don't have the ties to Diablo that we do.

I don't begrudge them that enjoyment. Cool, have fun.

The suits are wrong though that the core Diablo audience wants to play it or it will be a hit with us.
11/08/2018 02:12 PMPosted by SolarNova
They sound much less presured ..or rather .. 'less' scripted ..but they are still being carefull to withhold the information they know we want.

They are professionals who partake in these calls every 3 months.

And you bet they prepare all of their answers beforehand.
11/08/2018 02:14 PMPosted by error37
11/08/2018 02:12 PMPosted by SolarNova

They are professionals who partake in these calls every 3 months.

And you bet they prepare all of their answers beforehand.

Aye ofc , wasnt saying otherwise ..just that they 'sounded' alot less scripted ..or rather ..they had a more varied set of scripted resposne than at Blizcom .was just an observation really.

Point being , what they said hasnt helped the situation.
11/08/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Sylentmana
It'll probably go up when D:I hits China, but I wonder how much they will loose until then.

Not if an article posted today is true. China is implementing measures to limit children access to and amount of microtransactions.

So abandon the PC market then there's a limit to the easy china microtransaction they expected.

Here's secret footage of the head of Activison speaking to the head of Blizzard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mggkGeDX6lg
12% drop???? After a 7% drop???? Holy Mobile Muck!

Please Blizzard... fight Activision and start listening to YOUR BASE!

Not just on Diablo, but WoW, WoW Classic.

Or go ahead... and bank on taking the mobile market by storm. Good luck in that market. You think WE have short attention spans? Wait til you get a load of mobile players.
From the call:

I speak corporate, let me help translate that wall of text into a coherent answer.

"We do not have any console or PC related Diablo projects. We are placing our bets on the mobile platform due to the money to be made with minimal infrastructure or effort on our part. Any questions?"
If we take the friday stock price of $69 , it has now droped 17.4% to $57
Best comment from Asmongold (a wow streamer, streaming the call on his channel) to one of his friends, after he said he didn't listen to the call because it's corporate bs: Have you ever watched the movie "Human Centipede"?

I couldn't think of a better picture for those calls.
I speak corporate, let me help translate that wall of text into a coherent answer.

"We do not have any console or PC related Diablo projects. We are placing our bets on the mobile platform due to the money to be made with minimal infrastructure or effort on our part. Any questions."

This is what most of the PC gamers fear worst (or at least I do). That we are now irrelevant and going to be an ignored market in favor of mobile and eSports. It feels like a breakup to be honest. I have heard several people put it that way. I don't want it to be true and am hanging on to some hope that it is not. The Blizzard I know would never do that to us. Then again, the Blizzard I know would not have given us mobile at Blizzcon after a content drought and hints of content.
11/08/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Renderwurx
12% drop???? After a 7% drop???? Holy Mobile Muck!

Please Blizzard... fight Activision and start listening to YOUR BASE!

Not just on Diablo, but WoW, WoW Classic.

Or go ahead... and bank on taking the mobile market by storm. Good luck in that market. You think WE have short attention spans? Wait til you get a load of mobile players.

They are down about $14 per share in total since blizzcon, not upto speed on how stock prices work, but that seems to me like a HELL of alot
11/08/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Ganelon
From the call:

"We do not have any console or PC related Diablo projects. We are placing our bets on the mobile platform due to the money to be made with minimal infrastructure or effort on our part. Any questions?"

Damn just as i thought. Damage control continues in the forum. No real change.
11/08/2018 02:22 PMPosted by MissCheetah

"We do not have any console or PC related Diablo projects. We are placing our bets on the mobile platform due to the money to be made with minimal infrastructure or effort on our part. Any questions."

This is what most of the PC gamers fear worst (or at least I do). That we are now irrelevant and going to be an ignored market in favor of mobile and eSports. It feels like a breakup to be honest. I have heard several people put it that way. I don't want it to be true and am hanging on to some hope that it is not. The Blizzard I know would never do that to us. Then again, the Blizzard I know would not have given us mobile at Blizzcon after a content drought and hints of content.[u][/u]

I'm genuinely starting to believe that this isn't Blizzard anymore. Or rather, they're Blizzard, but in name only. Sort of along the lines of Post-EA Bioware.
Its so sad....I really need to watch the mexican blizz employee vid now to feel more happy.