[2.6.4] [Barbarian] Might of the Earth Set

PTR Feedback
[2.6.4] [Barbarian] Might of the Earth Set.... yeah....
*How did the changes make you feel?*
Going to be honest, not much of a difference with a slight power creep. With about the same gear and same paragon, I could see pushing from 107 ish live to 110ish. That is being said, I wasn't using my Best in slots from main but close, only slightly more paragon than live(1800 live to 2100 PTR), and even with the Royal Ring of Grandeur buff. I feel as though we still lack damage that can be compared to the multipliers other sets get to take advantage of. E.G.: Istvan Set with Raekor 6pc with Hota Mulitpliers. Compared to MotE, we still get the higher base but 90% of our damage comes from Earthquake still. That's with trying things like the 1000% increase base damage from both the Bracers of Destruction and with Fury of the Vanished Peak. Using FotVP, We lose Furnace. So not a decent trade off pushing.

*Was there something off you noticed?*
I'm not sure if the damage buff was truly from 5,600% to 20,000%, which should be around 3.57x....? damage, plus the belt multiplier (250% from Girdle of Giants) but I felt as though Earthquakes Damage was underperforming.

*Did something seem wrong or insufficient?*
Its hard to tell with testing when people like myself are sub 2.2k paragon trying to compete with 4k+ paragon and say, "Yeah this seems about right". For testing purposes, Everyone should have a cap of paragon or allocate stats sufficiently for each class so its easier to see balance instead of just buffing everything and hoping its balanced. It seems like this PTR balancing will be insufficient just because of the gaps of players with high and low paragon. Seeing myself push high on the leaderboards on live with builds people don't see like the EQ set, and still be relatively close to the top is a good feel. but I'm always going to be behind with Leapquake as it stands. I know we had a buff to Girdle of Giants before, and maybe that's not the right way to go, but I still feel there's still potential. Even if we dive in single target focused builds like the Boulder Toss Variant with the Skulvar's Salvation.

Long Story Short: Earthquake is underperforming still in my opinion, but who knows, hard to tell with current numbers so far and the paragon being unbalanced.
I was about to write up a post but found yours. This is pretty close to what I wanted to say.

In addition, with the seasonal RoRG buff this is one of the builds (other classes have builds with similar problems) that gets low impact since there really is no great piece left to add to the build. I've tried swapping out pieces but just cant get the damage.

If the buff had actually been game braking as claimed, then the buff would require 2 less set items. This would have given us some real customization ability and changed the current meta builds drastically.

The Fury dump should do much much more damage then it currently does.
Even wearing Lut's and Dread iron with Girdle in the cube it made little difference on a Physical damage variant. Guessing that 'free' Avalanches aren't benefiting from the increase either. White mobs didn't seem to die appreciably quicker even on a GR90 which I expected to be more of a 'speed' run.

For Bracers of Destruction the first 5 enemy cap needs removed.

Fury of The Vanished Peak needs the double life per fury spent moved to the extract-able legendary power as well as an attack speed increase.
Agreed with everything above. I always loved this set and would love for it to be at the top with the others.
I feel same... RoRG dont rly give us a Buff, and yeah numbers increase but not feel like they did It.
Is just a fast porgression when u start a season, when finish set, can jump directly to 80+GR with rly bad items and closely to no Paragon level...
I feel that RoRG buff is more for supports in 4man GR.... They Need to add for barbarians new posibilities
Yeah the 6 piece set bonus of 20,000% didn't really seem to effect quake that much when I was leaping into packs. I'm only 700ish paragon and i was using IK4/MotE6 and the quakes didn't feel that impactful on my actual build despite the buff.

Meanwhile my shadow impale build with similar gem levels and paragon is doing 3 Trillion crits after the buff.
I was coming to talk about the same thing. Got some big (15T crits) SS with the Physical variant, and when I used Magefists on the Fire one the dmg was "ok" (I guess) on my EQ, but being 1.3k para I was not noticing a big difference.
Also, it's being impossible for me to test high GRs with the delay and lag I'm getting. In high density I couldn't even move, when I regained control of my barb, he was dead.
IDK, my main concern is the delay, I don't understan how are we supposed to push as far as we can if we cannot stay alive due to lag.
20,000/5,600 = 3,57 or +8GR
A Big problem is needing to have Furnace in the cube. Barbs have a ton of cool things we could do if we could get around that.

Also are you guys using Focus/restraint or CoE/Something else equipped?
The set needs a real dmg reduction to be competitive since it uses FnR and can't use both convention and Band of might.

In addition, with the seasonal RoRG buff this is one of the builds (other classes have builds with similar problems) that gets low impact since there really is no great piece left to add to the build. I've tried swapping out pieces but just cant get the damage.
The Fury dump should do much much more damage then it currently does.

@Fortyz
Yeah, the fury dump is probably the most clunky part of our rotation. Perhaps with rumble being the fury dump, its not doing that much damage meaningfully just because the rumble shockwaves are up to 50 yds away and randomized. With the bouldertoss variant, at least we were able to see some damage going places.

11/22/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Nero
20,000/5,600 = 3,57 or +8GR

@Nero
That might be the case, how it SHOULD be, but the problem that we are having is balancing that "+8GR" to other builds in a testing environment with the currently absurd about of variables, say Paragon for Example. I plan on doing more testing and just cut my paragon down to only 800 (by not putting anything else in after my 800th point) just to see if they seem about the same, but I will be having to put time into getting all the barb sets, perfect rolls again bc of augments but at least I got a week of testing to do.

11/22/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Fortyz
A Big problem is needing to have Furnace in the cube. Barbs have a ton of cool things we could do if we could get around that.

Also are you guys using Focus/restraint or CoE/Something else equipped?

11/22/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Achilles
The set needs a real dmg reduction to be competitive since it uses FnR and can't use both convention and Band of might.

@Fortyz & @Achilles
I have tried a lot of builds. I've tried furnace in cube with Istvan set as weapons, CoE with F/R (which brings up major toughness issues so the only thing I could do try and mitigate that is using Stun leap with Ancient Parthan Defenders) and still feel short of something in the build. Even back when this was a 4pc set, we were doing stuff like maxing out a Burning Axe of Sankis, rolling the damage off of a Devastator and running around like a mad man. If they really need to balance out the gameplay both toughness and dmg, I personally feel as though a higher Girdle Multiplier would help, or touching both Dread Iron as Avalanche being Flavor Text instead of Rolled, multiplicative or just way higher than it stands AND messing with Skulvars Salvation's damage.

The problem is, EQ needs EQ specific buffs with out buffing the other builds. So feedback wise, think of things like Dread Iron or Girdle and not so much F/R and COE although I agree EQ needs more toughness since we LITERALLY JUMP INTO FIGHTS but buffing Band of Might even further would just buff other builds. Perhaps increasing the armor we get from Leap's Iron Impact or adding resist all to it with the set or increasing the overall buff Might of the Earth's Bonus gives?
@Pyro

I think its a good point to mention that. I also do think this PTR they will not be adding any new items, are changing the functionality of sets (they will only tune numbers). Number tuning unfortunately wont fix what we need. We need to change the dynamic of the set. I had a creative idea to solve this, but I dont know if its practical.

We need EQ's damage to occur much faster, with a larger tick. I feel like a viable solution would be to work this build somewhat like the Jade harvester set.

First: bake the 6PC bonus into the 4PC,
Second: EQ no longer does damage to enemies when they are on the effect only, but instead applies a dot on them (this needs to work such that each EQ adds a stack of the Dot, and irrelevant of how long that EQ has been on the ground, the dot applied has a full duration)
Third:whenever we use our fury dump (SS or AS) it will consume the stacks of EQ Dots the target has on it (modified by some %damage with fury increasing it further) to deal a massive massive blow.

This solution would not only fix ST damage, it would improve the general feel of the build and the make the play more satisfying.
11/22/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Fortyz
@Pyro

I think its a good point to mention that. I also do think this PTR they will not be adding any new items, are changing the functionality of sets (they will only tune numbers). Number tuning unfortunately wont fix what we need. We need to change the dynamic of the set. I had a creative idea to solve this, but I dont know if its practical.

We need EQ's damage to occur much faster, with a larger tick. I feel like a viable solution would be to work this build somewhat like the Jade harvester set.

First: bake the 6PC bonus into the 4PC,
Second: EQ no longer does damage to enemies when they are on the effect only, but instead applies a dot on them (this needs to work such that each EQ adds a stack of the Dot, and irrelevant of how long that EQ has been on the ground, the dot applied has a full duration)
Third:whenever we use our fury dump (SS or AS) it will consume the stacks of EQ Dots the target has on it (modified by some %damage with fury increasing it further) to deal a massive massive blow.

This solution would not only fix ST damage, it would improve the general feel of the build and the make the play more satisfying.

Its a nice idea. Maybe for a bleeding variant of eq would be nice. Personally, on a number level, they could easily increase the leap armor bonus from 150% to 300% to give us the toughness or even higher , giving fairness, so we can fit in a convention. Having a convention would be a temporary fix in this ptr until they think of something better.

Seismic slam is a great skill, but impractical for dmg bc its a fury dump. The rumbles aren't accurate, and the damage is minimal if any. Maybe if we were able to pick Boulder Toss for single target help or Seismic Slam for aoe from the Girdle of Giants? I think that would perhaps help. Buffing Skulvars would make competition for the HOTA Raekor barb too!
I think the experience I had was because the buff may not have been enabled. I was on when it went live and got a few runs in before they did a server reset. I was never able to get past the queue so called it a night. The next day I tried again and could notice a difference during a GR90, but as everyone is stating it is an underwhelming improvement that doesn't really address the bigger issues with the set, skills and supporting items.
have sub 700 paragon, have done a 89 grift, dam reduction still a problem, however, still need another multiplier, perhaps even a damage reduction built into set?
bonus doesn't seem like a true 20000 increase, but have found occulus ring on follower really provide a boost, set may cap out @115, with high paragon levels
I wonder if a 7 piece of set, would allow more options (ammy ?), or even a change to passive
Testing EQ set so far on season 16 ptr as of this post rank 4
1.The Girdle of Giands needs bonus to 400% more damage and duration to 5 sec
2The set piece needs to have more bonus to damage resistant on the 4 set piece bonus
Note: Will try with parthan defenders for more damage resistant but very not optimal gear and gems i like the ptr so far
101 down, paragon 750, no augments. Damage reduction becoming an issue. Bosses one shotting me. Random stuff one shotting also.

The set damage needs to be increased more. Its a really good start but it still has a lot of room for improvement and not just in the way of number increases.
Just had a thought. Could be interesting if our quakes gave us some mitigation when we're standing in them and it can stack a bit with more quakes, or some insane healing... or both!!!
The biggest problem is that we're locked into using Blade of the Tribes because of the inherent EQ damage. Most other items that use to have skill buffs on the item had them moved to the special property, and we need the same treatment for BotT, along with an increase from 200% EQ to prolly 500 like all the other items.

There's a non-season clear of 120 with MotE on PTR right now, so the build isn't that far behind Hota/Charge builds, but it's certainly a struggle to get to the same level, and the lack of toughness is a huge issue that the 120 dude only overcomes because of 5.2k paragon.
These are just my thoughts, I realize they're probably not all possible if any.

Blade of the Tribes should be a cubable power which includes the damage bonus for EQ. Alternative to Furnace/FotVP. When equipped on person, a weapon should ALWAYS roll with max fury, especially this one... ALWAYS... meaning, it should always have max fury on it as a secondary, ALWAYS.

6 piece damage needs increased.
Damage mitigation needs increased somehow, possibly buff/rework of the Leap rune given in the set bonus.

Standing in a Quake should do something, the more Quakes, the higher the effect. An effect that becomes active after there are 2-3 Quakes out: It could be as simple as mitigation or more damage.

Meaningful healing increase either a massive amount of Life Regen or increased Life Per Fury Spent for standing in Quakes.

Make Avalanche and Ground Stomp viable, please. Make Dread Iron a cubable multiplier. Ground Stomp should be causing an Avalanche. Boulder Toss was also fun, lets get that involved again as an alternative. Fix Boulder Toss's aiming issues.

Let us customize parts of the UI like the chat box.... the chat box jams Leap up pretty good sometimes. Same with the various buttons over on the right. Its fake news, let us get rid of it.

Fix the INFREQUENT Leap issue when trying to leap it just rotates my character in place and does nothing but has a 100% kill rate. Maybe thats my latency, who knows.

Increase the size of the Blade of the Tribes transomg or give us an even more ridiculous one. I'm serious.

Pyramid Head transmog plox, and have the barb drag the Blade of the Tribes around like he does. This would be OP.

Please remove the cap on Bracers of Destruction.

Work on the unused Quake runes a bit.