Barbarian changes we wish to see live

PTR Feedback
What I feel about this PTR and the sets numbers tweaks: I guess ALL barbarians agree on these:

- Rend situation on Wastes set.

Either buff it and give it a support legendary or remove it and make room for improvement in the 2 pc bonus. Currently it's a crippled set, the 2 pc being useless.

- Bracers of destruction

Remove the " 5 first enemies" limitation. There's no need for that, since HotA is already superior.

- Lack of supporting legendaries.

A general subject, but important nonetheless.

Edit:

- Vile Charge IK6 single target damage and mechanics

It has tremendous AoE damage, but struggles ridiculously against single target. This should be balanced. Another aspect that bothers me is the fact you can charge 1 or 3+ enemies, but not that 2, otherwise you stand without charges, and can't do nothing. This feels stupid.

Edit 2:

Added:

Suggested changes in sets:

- IK

6 pc - 4000% increased damage and 30% increased attack speed to fury spenders

(This would bring IK6 closer to the META while not messing Vile Charge and R6 HotA)

- Wastes

2 pc - increased Rend damage and "enemies affected by Rend deal 30% less damage"

(This would be a nice incentive for players to actually use Rend with this set and help with its current toughness issue)

4 pc - as it is but add Rend Bloodbath Rune

6 pc - increased damage also applied to Rend.

(With these changes Rend will be a solid skill for the set, maybe for the first time. Damage increase for both ww and rend in the 6pc should be buffed, though, maybe to 13kish)

- MotE

6pc - needs more damage

If anyone wishes so, please add more topics.
11/22/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Hadd
What I feel about this PTR and the sets numbers tweaks: I guess ALL barbarians agree on these:

Either buff it and give it a support legendary or remove it and make room for improvement in the 2 pc bonus. Currently it's a crippled set, the 2 pc being useless.

- Bracers of destruction

Remove the " 5 first enemies" limitation. There's no need for that, since HotA is already superior.

not only that. PTR sorceress left me in dust in terms of DPS as i expected

we need SERIOUS buffs ( maybe wrath of berserker +150% dmg instead of 50%)

ignore solo GR comparsion, crusader was 10 lvls above everyone else and no one cared

we need one build capable of delivering same dps as sorceress does,after that many years its about time !
11/22/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Keel
11/22/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Hadd

- Bracers of destruction

not only that. PTR sorceress left me in dust in terms of DPS as i expected

we need SERIOUS buffs ( maybe wrath of berserker +150% dmg instead of 50%)

ignore solo GR comparsion, crusader was 10 lvls above everyone else and no one cared

we need one build capable of delivering same dps as sorceress does,after that many years its about time !

About that: I think IK6 HotA should be the king of builds. It is hands down the most fun I had as a Barbarian since RoS release.

But that's just my opinion. The points I've listed are known facts among barbarians
is it me or whirlwind still feels weak? Tha'ts what I like to play. Maybe an item that buff whirlwind damage? A weapon perhaps?

edit: I am paragon 2000
whirlwind is super weak , i have pretty decent bulkathos wastes set and its not even close to raekor hota. and raekor hota is not even close to sorceress or crusader dps output even when BIS geared.

you need hundreds mobs on pile in order to use WW properly
After changes of WW many seasons ago, when pull a tons of moobs give an incredible lag, Is not the same skill, less ticks, less resource generation and survability, and still the skill is laggy when u play with battle rage (bloodshed) and pain enhancer gem. We wont see again WW as top tier like seasons ago
The issue with getting Rend off the Wastes set is that they'd also have to mess around and re-tool the set dungeon, which is probably why they haven't done so. As it stands, Rend doesn't do enough damage, or provide enough sustain, to be worthwhile.
Add Rend to the 6-piece Set Bonus of Wastes.
I've been reading some barb threads on PTR and Live and it baffles me that no-one seems to care about the fact that the meta is to charge against a wall for 8 seconds and dps for 4. It blows my mind how awful gameplay that is.
11/22/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Trion
I've been reading some barb threads on PTR and Live and it baffles me that no-one seems to care about the fact that the meta is to charge against a wall for 8 seconds and dps for 4. It blows my mind how awful gameplay that is.

It is. True.

IK6 HotA should be king. Funniest build of all. Just face the enemy, hammer the out of them and go to next pack. Great after a long day at work

in addition even when you are BIS geared ,high paragon lvl,perfect rolls on gear and you master this hard and retarded play style, you are still dealing only 1/5 of sorceress dps in group.

blizzard please give us dps buffs so we can join group as DPS !!!
11/22/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Hadd

It is. True.

IK6 HotA should be king. Funniest build of all. Just face the enemy, hammer the out of them and go to next pack. Great after a long day at work

True but no one show LoN HoTA, and It has more dmg than IK. 6500% vs 4000%
11/22/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Keel
whirlwind is super weak , i have pretty decent bulkathos wastes set and its not even close to raekor hota. and raekor hota is not even close to sorceress or crusader dps output even when BIS geared.

you need hundreds mobs on pile in order to use WW properly

that is probably why they will not buff the Waste set further, because although it might help "normal" players a lot, it would overbuff the power for the best players who do rift fishing and pile up tons of enemies.

But the problem here seems to be the Pain Enhancer gem, which probably would need a redesign in order to make WotW WW viable for both normal and expert players...
11/22/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Jako
Add Rend to the 6-piece Set Bonus of Wastes.

No Add rend on all the sets !
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It is. True.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769670048
True but no one show LoN HoTA, and It has more dmg than IK. 6500% vs 4000%

IK hota will be superior for simple reason. perma wrath of berserker which is straight x1,5 multiplier + perma ancients (50% dmg reduction) in my opinion
I do not mean to be rude (nor I'm afraid to be) but if they don't touch Rend this time I'll finally quit giving feedbacks on how to improve the game.

EVERY barbarian feels the same way about Rend's current situation.
i belive rend would have to be 20 000% dmg in order to even scratch mobs
11/23/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Keel
i belive rend would have to be 20 000% dmg in order to even scratch mobs

As a DoT skill Rend was born to be a 2h weapon skill. Since 2h WW/Rend is no longer viable (press F for respect) we would have to see it reach the 20k indeed to make it viable. Unless I find myself in a dream where Sultans of the Blinding Sand, Skorn, Bihander
or any other 2h useless legendary have a legendary affix which makes Rend damage insane. In that case please don't wake me up.
What was their reasoning for not fixing Rend? They liked how it felt to have to stop and do something besides spin? Even though it hasn't been viable pretty much ever? WTF
and w

11/23/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Mupasthech
What was their reasoning for not fixing Rend? They liked how it felt to have to stop and do something besides spin? Even though it hasn't been viable pretty much ever? WTF
and what was their reasoning for keeping barbarian lowest dps class in game 5th year in row ?

guess we will never know unless any of us get really rich and buy out 51% of blizzard shares in order to clean up the mess