Jason Schreier Diablo 4 Article Leaks - There's Hope!

General Discussion
edit: sorry double posted
11/23/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Aspirine
Not sure why the forum trolls downvoted the OP, it's quite good that the leak was showing us Blizz is on the right track again.

1. There have been 200 threads on this already.
2. Article is on garbage site Kotaku, written by a "journalist" well known for making sh!t up and claiming it was from "sources".
They knew that D3 was a !@#$ up so they are giving us D:Immortal that is a !@#$ up before it even arrive.

Yes... I mean nope.

While there is nothing wrong with speculation you should take all those Diablo leaks with ... hmmm... not sure if mine of salt would be enough.

I personally believe only in facts right now. Sadly facts are that we are getting some reskin of pay to win game as next Diablo installment...
11/23/2018 07:23 AMPosted by ElobaCarcen
This means, they don't even know what the core gameplay is going to be like.
They've got nothing.

Sorry I didn't quote all of it. I agree with you wholly.

The take here is; another Diablo announcement is around mid 2020 or late and onwards 2021; who knows. Small twist is; it most likely will not be named as Diablo 4 as shill media insists. If gothic light-MMO dungeon crawler is their take instead of aRPG, then it will not be named as a sequel follow-up for D3. If what's written on that article is true, even developers call it as a "departure from mainline series".
They will announce it at late 2020-2021 and perhaps as far as 2022, but release date will be sooner as 2 years after announce due to this small change if they go down that path. I don't trust them to make a good D4 afterall.
Apple without Steve Jobs = Blizzard today.
11/23/2018 02:27 PMPosted by NeueZiel
Apple without Steve Jobs = Blizzard today.

He was a better used car sales man then the rest. Oh, forced adoption of ubs did you mean.

Thats sales and marketing. Maybe not. I'd prefere to have ps2 ports. I'd rather have hardware saying I'm moving now and not the bus asking what are you doing at a 1000Hz.

But USB is good. Not so much for keyboards and mice. That is my opinion.
Reading through this now, I’m bummed that “Diablo Souls” didn’t happen — I’m sure I’m in a minority, but I’ve wanted to see Diablo tackle that genre for years, at least as a side project. RIP Hades.

I’m overall encouraged that they still had the standards to cancel it if it wasn’t coming together, and these details on Fenris sound good. It’s a shame the second D3 expansion got cut, but while I really sympathize with the devs, it’s hard to blame Blizzard for saying “listen, we gotta get onto D4.”

I know some people would despise ditching the isometric camera, but frankly, I want Blizzard to get back to being brave and making great games. If that means challenging conventions, go for it. Whatever best serves the project. For me personally, I’m more skeptical of the “light MMO elements” than any camera debate, but a) those may be more Immortal’s direction and b) I’ll still get over it if it works well and it’s truly fun.

EDIT: It’s also good to get this confirmation that Team 3 is not the same department as Immortal. I have no issue with mobile games in Blizz franchises if they’re their own separate department.
Ignoring your D2 over D3 bias (there are good and bad parts of both games), you seemed to miss the important part of the article. The new focus of the company is to make games that will generate revenue like Overwatch did when it came out every year without putting any time and money into creating the game and any product that doesn't have a quick turnaround time to market will be under threat of being cancelled. This will lean towards more quick to market mobile games that will be disposed of and forgotten once the next game comes out and an erosion of quality titles from the company eroding the brand loyalty of their titles. At this time we may be as likely to see DI2 as D4 as the next title in the Diablo franchise.
It’s not hope, it’s pure clickbait lie.

You are just so desperate that you’ll believe anything, like a starved dog.
11/23/2018 07:18 AMPosted by InsaneChriZ
Regarding the last point:
I didn't actually play vanilla D3 that long before RoS hit live, what a shame if it's true that it was harder to find legs, was it harder? Don't remember........anyway, then RoS was actually a major fukk up, I mean look at the drop rates of legs now, total madness and doing season journeys gets you a free set, da actual fuk, Blizzard, lul.

As someone who played a lot of Inferno vanilla D3, it wasnt harder (the auction house was there after all and all dps was tied just our weapon so u only needed a decent weapon and then go all Defense for skills & talents, played a Barb and WD), it was just tedious...and farming story mode was boring AF
11/23/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Aulus
11/22/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Krymm
6) As a big Dark Souls 3 fan, im OPEN to a Dark Souls 3 Diablo but i understand (& i think Blizz does as well) that straying too far from what fans want...why bother unless u KNOW it cant fail. But its a BETTER direction than where D3 went
I, too, enjoy DS3, but if I want to play DS3 I play DS3. If I want an isometric, top-down hack-n-slash RPG I'd play Diablo, at least up until recently when I started to look elsewhere.

They could make a Dark Souls spinoff as a non-numbered Diablo game on the side and people would probably really enjoy it (provided you don't need a phone and a credit card to play it and succeed), but to upend the basic formula people expect from a main, numbered title in your series is just asking for trouble.

Especially after D:I, I'd recommend they stick to just improving on the old D2 formula they already know works for D4.

i couldnt agree more and if the team is still up in the air about this, then its good for us to be discussing it hear so that they can get community input - that's part of the reason for making this thread is to promote discusion.

While i personally wouldnt mind seeing an over-the-shoulder aspect of the Diablo world, i can TOTALLY UNDERSTAND and get behind the consensus that it doesnt "FEEL LIKE DIBALO". i get it and agree with it - im just adding im not AS opposed to the camera as long it isnt 1st person...but im SLIGHTLY more flexible on that.

For me personally, the MOST important thing about Diablo is its atmosphere (the dark gothic horror element) and the Progression System, it HAS to be CLASSIC RPG style with depth, not loot based loadouts like shooters or Destiny.
11/23/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Inquisition
Not sure why the forum trolls downvoted the OP, it's quite good that the leak was showing us Blizz is on the right track again.

1. There have been 200 threads on this already.
2. Article is on garbage site Kotaku, written by a "journalist" well known for making sh!t up and claiming it was from "sources".

Well Opinions are not truth and it may surprise u to know that not all hardcore forum trolls are aware of this - there's plenty of ppl for whom this post was how they found out. I used it to promote discussion fields ON specific, numbered points within the article, not to emphasize reading the article itself.
11/23/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Hrnuefel
Ignoring your D2 over D3 bias (there are good and bad parts of both games), you seemed to miss the important part of the article. The new focus of the company is to make games that will generate revenue like Overwatch did when it came out every year without putting any time and money into creating the game and any product that doesn't have a quick turnaround time to market will be under threat of being cancelled. This will lean towards more quick to market mobile games that will be disposed of and forgotten once the next game comes out and an erosion of quality titles from the company eroding the brand loyalty of their titles. At this time we may be as likely to see DI2 as D4 as the next title in the Diablo franchise.

I understand that the culture of the company is the takeaway from this for the vast majority of the ppl. However im old enough to know that Blizz was never going to remain pristine forever - ive seen them make plenty of mistakes in WoW's life-cycle long before D3 launched and made everyone aware that they are not Innate Geniuses and that having new Devs (like Leads like Jay Wilson) that were not core to Diablo 2 to begin with was going to result in a completely different game.

I've been aware of this for over a decade and made peace with it long ago. I care more now about the individual games and properties than how the company runs them, so the culture shift doesnt concern me as much as the seeing if they can course correct with what they have on the Diablo IP

Case in point: IF D4 comes out next year and it crushes, ppl will be more open to the changed climate @ Blizz because the result will be tangible....this is more an issue to me of ascertaining IF theres a fire because of smoke as opposed to smelling smoke and screaming fire instinctively. At the end of the day, i dont care how Blizzard is run as long as they continue to make GREAT GAMES that THEIR community (the PC classic RTS/RPG loving fans) love.

"No King Rules Forever My Son"
11/23/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Midnight
It’s not hope, it’s pure clickbait lie.

You are just so desperate that you’ll believe anything, like a starved dog.

This isnt how typical clickbait works though....there's WAAAY too much here to be clickbait, in fact i got way more than i expected....and the fact that there is SO much here and that its from ALL over the spectrum such as financial workings, multiple teams, future projects, cancelled projects, both typical and declined public comments from ppl like Josh Masquira(sp?), the naming of the new Game Director or D4 which coincides with his updates on his personal records, and the timings of multiple events (like 10-20 events including ppl leaving and being hired and job postings going up & down) lining up accurately....

here's the thing: if 1 thing here is wrong, the validity of the whole article falls into suspicion - which is why no idiot has leaks to this disagree - its career suicide. And number 2, i completely expect a few misunderstandings within the article but the "garbage journalist" working for the "garbage site" (both things i agree with actually) is actually reputable enough to have successfully leaked WAY more true leaks than false ones......like WAAAY more. And those were individual leaks, not a whole mess like this in which i EXPECT some mistakes almost....

And the FUNNY THING: everyone else poring over this like youtubers, other journalists, etc has 1 of 2 opinions.....

1) Its complete garbage - all of it, based on....nothing, that's just how i feel because i cant find a contradictory facet in the leaks either through timeline or contradictory comments...basically "i choose to not believe it" which is perfectly FINE.

or

2) Everything seems to line up...like EVERYTHING...like the Luis Barriga's profile reading Game Director of unspecified project, Josh Mosquira(Sp?) having gone quiet and declining to comment (not confirming OR denying anything), like job postings that that have gone up @ various points over the years of the same job disappearing, reappearing, and vanishing again....NOT that ANY of this CONFIRMS anything to be true....but everything seems to be STRANGELY lining up

It's strange to me that as more and more ppl are digging in on this that there's pretty much JUST the mindsets...dismissing it outright based on NOTHING really or only finding things that affirm individual aspects of the article

hmmm...make up ur own mind, but would be REALLY nice to see something, ANYTHING to contradict something in this article - something concrete and factual and not just another opinion alluding to vague trends..
11/23/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Nitroman
Do you have hope from speculations? Dude you're a silly boy!

Isnt it funny that this sad news ACTUALLY is more exciting and gives me more hope for Diablo than Blizzcon?!!!!

like....WOW. It's really sad that that's the case isn't it?

And im not a boy! im a MAN! Not quite an Anchor Man, but we can't all be born perfect
11/23/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Olbat

OP is right and spot on, but his formating is annoying and "truth-teller".
Also there are already many threads about this topic.

GUILTY! As charged.

But i hope that the substance would be of more value than the delivery - sorry if im a bit preachy w/ over-exaggerated formatting....im just passionate!
Diablo 3 failed in so many ways.

1 - cartoony graphics
2 - itemization was such a F*&^ up that drop rates had to be increased by 1 million times.
3 - legendary and set items are uninspired with no depth. they make the build rather than assisting them.
4 - no 99 level cap. uncapped paragon is a complete joke and pretty much the reason I stopped playing, also, continuously breaking build rather than creating new balanced builds forcing me to re-gear drove me away.
5 - extremely limited shared stash. the game needed one shared stash tab to pass items between characters, the rest of the tabs should have been character specific giving players a much bigger stash overall and no need for mules. Better itemization also would have helped the stash problem, no need to keep 6 copies of one item because it had 1 different base stat.
6 - linear maps with internal "randomization", boring as hell to replay over and over again.
7 - no offline mode
8 - the game was dumbed down for the masses. Blizz took the greatly sucessful D2 and stripped things away rather than build upon it.

The original WW/Sprint build was the most fun build to play. Pull monk was fun. Old school Nats build was good too.
Ofcouse its clickbait.

If it was real blizzard would have revealed it.

This is clickbait for desperate people. They milk you guys well.
11/23/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Krymm
11/23/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Nitroman
Do you have hope from speculations? Dude you're a silly boy!

Isnt it funny that this sad news ACTUALLY is more exciting and gives me more hope for Diablo than Blizzcon?!!!!

like....WOW. It's really sad that that's the case isn't it?

And im not a boy! im a MAN! Not quite an Anchor Man, but we can't all be born perfect

No it's not. They are trying to flame community again and make people forget the eternal fiasco. Did you see Rykker's video? More flame!

And at this point we more than know where it leads: Diablo for mobile, or another catastrophical desilusion.