Firebird's revamp & feedback

PTR Feedback
Firebird's is by far the set with the worst and most annoying and cancerous playstyle, so if there is one set that could use a redesign, it is this one.

I know, it is very unlikely that any other changes besides some numerical tweaks happen to this game, because probably only very small team still works on D3, but whatever...

I will present two different ideas the Firebird set can get overhauled: one which is easier for the developers to implement, but wouldn't have so fancy effects and new mechanics as the second one, which would require a lot more work.

Suggestion #1

2piece bonus: stays the same

4piece bonus: enemies that take damage from (one of) your fire skills ignite for 10 seconds and take xxx% damage per second

6piece bonus: your fire skills deal 4000% increased damage against ignited enemies and you gain 60% damage reduction (regardless of how many enemies around you are burning)

Alternative 6piece bonus: your fire skills deal 4000% increased damage and you take 60% less damage

I know, I know, this is a pretty lazy redesign, but trust me, although the changes are simple, it would make the gameplay a 1000 times better than what it is right now. If you wanna have a more interesting design, with cool mechanics and no cancerous gameplay issues, I have the following suggestion for that:

Suggestion #2

2piece bonus: a Meteor revives you when you die and enemies burn for x seconds when they are hit by a source of fire damage and take xxx% damage every second while burning

4piece bonus: gain a 10 yards fire aura around you that damages enemies for xxx% damage every second. Everytime you cast a fire skill, the damage of the fire aura increases by xxx% and the radius increases by another 6 yards – this effect lasts x seconds and stacks 5 times, for a maximum damage of xxxx% and a 40 yards fire aura.

6piece bonus: every stack of the fire aura also increases the damage of your fire skills by 800% and you also take 12% reduced damage per stack.

Both of these redesigns would fix several things:
1) you are no longer required to have 3 different fire skills on your skill bar, giving you more ways to customize your build.
2) you are no longer required to ignite several enemies with several fire skills
3) you are no longer required to always drag an ignited elite monster with you in order to deal damage and you are also able to deal with smaller groups of enemies.

The second redesign would make you feel like a pyromanic because the more often you attack with fire, the more your fire power and your fire aura grows in both size and damage, would very much fulfills the fantasy of a pyromanic in my opinion, but it would require more work to implement this change.

I don't know if any of these will make it into the game, but at least I had fun sharing these ideas with you. Anyway, do some of you have any other ideas for this set that you want to share?
Or just make it simple.

Firebird 4 pieces - Enemy get hits by 2 or 3 different fire spells will get burned for XXXX% damage for XX seconds.

Firebird 6 pieces - increase all fire attacks by XXXX%.

Simplicity > Overcomplicated and Unfun mechanic of the current Firebird.

What are you going to do if you encounter a rift with less enemies and almost no elite with current Firebird? You are either restart the rift or just move as fast as possible to the next level.
I like your suggestion on 6 piece just give a flat 4000% fire damage, but it would also means that firebird star pack is being destroy.

I would still like the original 6 piece bonus to return in some form, may be something like every time you damage an enemy with Blizzard - Apocalypse you gain 20% increased fire damage for 3 seconds. stack unlimited, but do not refresh.
11/25/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Kilometer
Or just make it simple.

Firebird 4 pieces - Enemy get hits by 2 or 3 different fire spells will get burned for XXXX% damage for XX seconds.

What are you going to do if you encounter a rift with less enemies and almost no elite with current Firebird? You are either restart the rift or just move as fast as possible to the next level.

Your suggestion for the 6 piece is exactly what I suggested...
11/25/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Kilometer

One fire spell should be enough to induced burned status on enemies. I don't even know why they added the mini-tal rasha gimmick to the firebird set honestly.
11/26/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Oblivion
One fire spell should be enough to induced burned status on enemies. I don't even know why they added the mini-tal rasha gimmick to the firebird set honestly.

Indeed, it makes no sense for creating a mechanic that requires enemies to be hit by 3 different fire spells if this creates completely unenjoyable gameplay. 1 spell that causes enemies to ignite and let them take some additional damage is really enough.

Maybe there can be an optional legendary item that allows enemies to ignite a second and/or third time from other fire spells, but it should not be so powerful that it is mandatory so we can choose if we want to play that way or not.
11/25/2018 10:04 PMPosted by XelNagaIvan
I like your suggestion on 6 piece just give a flat 4000% fire damage, but it would also means that firebird star pack is being destroy.

But would this be a bad thing?
One build would go, but therefore many new ones would take its place and furthermore the terrible mechanics of Firebirds would be gone!