did Nevalistis got fired ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 16 Next
11/05/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Vukasin
LOL I do not want that she gets fired but I think that another job at blizzard would fit better for her. What do you mean with "I can tell you do not post here normally. "? English is my second language not my mother language.

If your opinion really is that she might be better off on another project, that is fair.

What I meant by "you don't post here normally", is that all the forum regulars here know me pretty well. They know I don't agree with everything Blizzard does. I spent most of my time here helping other players with Tech Support, Customer Support, and game issues. I answer questions and try to explain things to my fellow players. I am not some evil shill who tows the line. If you were here a lot, you know know me well enough to realize that. I am the one person who is usually here to help players... trying to insult me or accusing me of being on a "side" is not fair. I am on the side of logic usually, and logic means not hurting people who have no say in a corporate decision. I don't yell at clerks or waiters when I am upset at a decision their bosses made either.

Our community is totally right to be upset right now. I feel that way too. I just feel that we can also be decent human beings in the way we express that. I want to think we are better than what the gaming journalists say. We are not an angry mob to be dismissed, we are are a core customer base who can express our ideas fairly and deserve to be listened to.
11/05/2018 01:07 PMPosted by MissCheetah
11/05/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Vukasin
LOL I do not want that she gets fired but I think that another job at blizzard would fit better for her. What do you mean with "I can tell you do not post here normally. "? English is my second language not my mother language.

If your opinion really is that she might be better off on another project, that is fair.

What I meant by "you don't post here normally", is that all the forum regulars here know me pretty well. They know I don't agree with everything Blizzard does. I spent most of my time here helping other players with Tech Support, Customer Support, and game issues. I answer questions and try to explain things to my fellow players. I am not some evil shill who tows the line. If you were here a lot, you know know me well enough to realize that. I am the one person who is usually here to help players... trying to insult me or accusing me of being on a "side" is not fair. I am on the side of logic usually, and logic means not hurting people who have no say in a corporate decision. I don't yell at clerks or waiters when I am upset at a decision their bosses made either.

Our community is totally right to be upset right now. I feel that way too. I just feel that we can also be decent human beings in the way we express that. I want to think we are better than what the gaming journalists say. We are not an angry mob to be dismissed, we are are a core customer base who can express our ideas fairly and deserve to be listened to.

I fully agree with this post! But it is not an insult of me when I say white knight to you. So please do not feel insulted ok?
I am not some evil shill who tows the line. If you were here a lot, you know know me well enough to realize that. I am the one person who is usually here to help players

I'll back that up. MC has always been fair with the community and with blizzard themselves, positive or critical, where it's due. About the only green out there I like (the rest I'm just meh-neutral-whatever; heh)
I make 12 dollars an hour saving lives. I deal with some of the worst of what we see in humanity, and yes that means dealing with !@#$%^-s who don’t appreciate me helping them. I see pain and death on a daily basis.

She gets to work with one of the (at one time) one of the coolest companies in America. She also gets to represent my favorite game and mediate between the company and the community. What does she make on the hour? I bet she makes more than 30k a year.

#perspective
#GrowAPairSnowflake
#DoYourJob
#DontBeASellout

Very well said, Cheetah. Apologies if I've missed it elsewhere, but have you made a post on how you feel coming out of Blizzcon? Did you happen to give Immortal a try?

As far as the being decent human beings go, you're probably right on that. We could tone down the vitriol, I'm certainly guilty on that regard. It's just...so absolutely baffling to me that this is what they hyped us about. It's really sad to say, but this has made me look into other ARPG titles. I still can't get into PoE, I tried it last night. Just doesn't click with me. But the upcoming Chaosbane is actually looking really interesting. Their advertisements have been absolutely SAVAGE against Blizzard if you haven't seen them.
11/05/2018 01:12 PMPosted by regawS
I deal with some of the worst of what we see in humanity, and yes that means dealing with !@#$%^-s who don’t appreciate me helping them. I see pain and death on a daily basis.

So you are CM on Fortnite forums? ;P

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
11/05/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Whoopy
11/05/2018 01:12 PMPosted by regawS
I deal with some of the worst of what we see in humanity, and yes that means dealing with !@#$%^-s who don’t appreciate me helping them. I see pain and death on a daily basis.

So you are CM on Fortnite forums? ;P

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Lol No I’m a Paramedic
we are are a core customer base who can express our ideas fairly and deserve to be listened to.
Start listening then and stop saying the CM followed only a script and never expressed personal opinion on the topic - she clearly did.

People are not angry because of the mobile game, they are angry of the way this was handed to them and the CM unacceptable comments.
11/05/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Brogoth
Very well said, Cheetah. Apologies if I've missed it elsewhere, but have you made a post on how you feel coming out of Blizzcon? Did you happen to give Immortal a try?

The only post I made so far was the one seconds after they said it would not come out on PC. Which was when I knew we got NOTHING for PC. I felt punched in the gut, betrayed, and was posting through tears. I am not kidding and have witnesses. I was dragged outside to take a break and led to the food trucks for something to eat. I left by 5pm for the day and had several glasses of wine. Friends also made me eat pizza which was a good move given the wine. This sounds dramatic, but that is really what happened and how I felt at the time. I still do. I did not go back the second day. Between the broken toe, insane crowds (40k or so) and whatnot, I just could not. I figured I would catch it all on the virtual ticket.

I said yesterday, that I would make a bigger post about the whole thing and I will. I want to catch up on all the current news/feedback/posts though. I could not do that with just my phone I had at Blizzcon. It does not even play sound with videos for some reason and kept hanging on Twitter. Not great for forum browsing either. Not trying to be ironic here. I only use it for calls and text usually.

I did not try the mobile version. I have never played a mobile game and was not interested. I was also just too upset at the time to even consider it. I am sure it will be fun for people who like mobile games.

I have not seen the ads for anything to tell the truth. I have not had TV since 2001 and don't stream anything with ads. I would have to go looking for it to learn about it.
11/05/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Nostari
@MissCheetah You don't seem to be describing to me a community manager, you seem to be describing to me a job of an actor/actress, that only appears and do/tell what others pay you to do and your job is done.
She isn't an actress, she is the community manager. Her job is to control everything around the playerbase and calibrate the communication between community and Blizzard. Her job include doing good and bad projections from the community and create stuff that guide the community hope, desires and knowledge about what's happening.

Let's stop this trend of "The BIG BAD corp guys tell you to shut up and just do a video on their restricted script"... Because if this is true they are slaves or actors and not employees.
I really don't believe that a community manager would be that restricted around you know, the community... If this is actually happening so I see no reason for that job to exist.

Sadly you aren't wrong with the comparison to an actress; while part of there roll is to facilitate communication between players and the company in the end they really are just a way to give a face to the company for fans to interact with. Ideally higher ups would listen to her feedback they don't have to (which is sad because they are wasting the major benefit of the CM) and there is little she could do outside of trying to mitigate the results the best she can with the tools they let her have. If she doesn't agree with something the only recourse she has is to quit and then all that's going to happen is a new actor is going to be brought in. However part of the expectations for her job is that if something goes wrong she's going to be facing the blunt of the fallout and she does have to accept that (to reasonable degree).

Sadly in relation to the thread topic there is actually a good chance that she and possibly even Wyatt may be fired over this backlash. Not because they neglected their responsibilities or were behind the inception of Immortals but because they are the public faces of the company. Which is actually probably more of a bad thing for community than anything because it the move would likely just be an attempt to "outdate" the outrage rather than anything to fix a problem.

Higher ups will offer them up as scapegoats and then bring in new people saying that the company has taken action to fix the issue. Therefore all the anger and discontent is irrelevant because steps have been taken while the true issues remain and business continues as usual.
Sorry but whoever thinks this is Nevalistis' fault, is either stupid or ... no, just stupid.
11/05/2018 01:23 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I did not go back the second day. Between the broken toe, insane crowds (40k or so) and whatnot, I just could not. I figured I would catch it all on the virtual ticket.

Just think if there was some mobile game you could of played through all this down time, especially through all the whatnots.

Haha! Just messin'. =)

Edit: Ok got it, light-hearted fun is a no-go during this time of war. ~chuckles ...oops.
The empty suits at acti and the senior devs at blizz are the only ones responsible for pushing out this pile of donkey feces. The blue person has nothing to do with decision making.
11/05/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Smith
Sorry but whoever thinks this is Nevalistis' fault, is either stupid or ... no, just stupid.

I don't think people are blaming her for the creation of the game or announcement or anything like that.

The only thing I dislike is the poor communication which is what her job is all about. Being a bridge between the community and the developers.

I don't know if this is still true, but the other Blizzard franchises get blue response very often about all sorts of things, not to mention some even get developer videos (WoW and Overwatch)

And here we are stuck with a single reply every few months and a blog post regarding a new season theme. I just wish she was more active with the community, that's all.
11/05/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Deventh
I don't know if this is still true, but the other Blizzard franchises get blue response very often about all sorts of things, not to mention some even get developer videos (WoW and Overwatch)

I can tell you the other games also complain they don't get enough meaningful feedback from Blizzard. Sure, Blues do post, but often they are just the CMs answering basic questions about the game, or chit chatting with the community (which is something that helps build positive community feelings so is still good).

11/05/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Deventh
I don't think people are blaming her for the creation of the game or announcement or anything like that.

The only thing I dislike is the poor communication which is what her job is all about. Being a bridge between the community and the developers.

I learned this long ago, at Blizzard, CMs can not "communicate" information until they are given the green light. It puts them in a really really bad position. They not only get fired if they do, they can be sued for release of info covered by an NDA. That is not a joke and the consequences can be serious. I would not want the job personally. I like being green and being able to speak my mind, as long as I am polite and follow the forum rules. Then again, they don't tell me anything to speak of that would be covered in an NDA.
11/05/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Brogoth

The only post I made so far was the one seconds after they said it would not come out on PC. Which was when I knew we got NOTHING for PC. I felt punched in the gut, betrayed, and was posting through tears. I am not kidding and have witnesses. I was dragged outside to take a break and led to the food trucks for something to eat. I left by 5pm for the day and had several glasses of wine. Friends also made me eat pizza which was a good move given the wine. This sounds dramatic, but that is really what happened and how I felt at the time. I still do. I did not go back the second day. Between the broken toe, insane crowds (40k or so) and whatnot, I just could not. I figured I would catch it all on the virtual ticket.

I said yesterday, that I would make a bigger post about the whole thing and I will. I want to catch up on all the current news/feedback/posts though. I could not do that with just my phone I had at Blizzcon. It does not even play sound with videos for some reason and kept hanging on Twitter. Not great for forum browsing either. Not trying to be ironic here. I only use it for calls and text usually.

I did not try the mobile version. I have never played a mobile game and was not interested. I was also just too upset at the time to even consider it. I am sure it will be fun for people who like mobile games.

I have not seen the ads for anything to tell the truth. I have not had TV since 2001 and don't stream anything with ads. I would have to go looking for it to learn about it.

I'm waiting for the moment when you will post. Also
"I felt punched in the gut, betrayed, and was posting through tears."

I felt EXACTLY the same in that EXACT moment.

I'm terribly sorry that happened to you, and I'm glad that you had friends there to make a bad situation slightly better. If it helps at all, we were all feeling terribly hurt. I look forward to reading your post on the matter, a lot of the community respects you, so I think it's safe to say we're all in this together. Hopefully Blizzard will approve of *something* to tell us this week to help the wound heal.

As far as Chaosbane, well. This tweet should say enough:
https://twitter.com/WHChaosbane/status/1059452776932147200?s=19
I could not do that with just my phone I had at Blizzcon. It does not even play sound with videos for some reason and kept hanging on Twitter. Not great for forum browsing either. Not trying to be ironic here. I only use it for calls and text usually.

I did not try the mobile version. I have never played a mobile game and was not interested.

This right here is exactly the way most of us feel. I actually have played mobile games, and they are ALL disappointing, especially the ones that are beloved Console or PC ports. FF4 is on my phone and I LOVE that game, however, even though I paid for the game, I haven't played it more than an hour or 2. Having the controller be the screen makes it awkward at best, and with the ATB system it makes it frustrating most of the time. I have the same game on Steam, and the port FROM MOBILE TO PC has many issues that, while not game breaking, can be irritating when you're trying to do something that should only take a few seconds and it takes minutes instead. This doesn't even take into account the battery drain the game has on my phone, the requirement for mobile data when not near wifi (the game requires verification every time you start it as well as when you save and load a game file), and the fact that if you get a phone call, text, notification, etc it interrupts your game.

As a PC gamer I do 99% of my gaming at home (I have a 3DSXL that I take places to play Pokemon, but even on that I usually play at home) and I want to be comfortable while I play. Holding up a tiny screen for hours isn't comfortable and it isn't a way to get me to play a game I've loved for 28 years, let alone a new game that is based on a game that barely holds my interest on PC (D3 is just not interesting enough after 6+ years of literally the same content with only 1 expansion and 1 DLC in that time.
11/05/2018 11:12 AMPosted by MissCheetah
hey are not ALLOWED to say the things they want to, the things the community wants/needs to hear. There are explanations for many things that would go a long way (related to game decisions, fixes, changes, etc.) that they are not allowed to share.

I get it she is an employee and and as a woman she has earned a spot in Blizzard. she in effect is told what to do.

But also on a deeper level that doesn't not mean she gets the "kid gloves" She should be given the exact same treatment that the public faces of Diablo are getting

To quote Shakespeare:

Scorn and defiance; slight regard, contempt,
And any thing that may not misbecome
The mighty sender, doth he prize you at.

I've said before and i will say it again, i understand people will always need a paycheck, needs to pay bills but that does not mean yo are immune from criticism and dislike. And yes i said dislike. If again you choose to side with incredibly unpopluar decisions, then defend them to the end, you should have no expectation to be loved, much less liked for doing so.

I will offer the same basic level of respect i would offer to any enemy. But i will not pretend that you are on the same side as me.
11/05/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Jylok
If Ronald McDonald decided to change the shape of the golden arches, you don't fire Terry, the afternoon shift french fry guy for that decision.

Sure you do.
After all, you need to find someone to blame in order to appease the stock holders. You aren't going to tell them that YOU screwed up.