Stock Falls further 14%

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
But there's more than just this massive uproar to make sudden change.

Based on what direction they go next after all this, will show people exactly where they are going despite knowing what we all wanted...if they are even reading any of our posts haha.

It will just solidify our distrust with Blizzard, and that we were right about how we feel or maybe they will take the hint from all this like they SHOULD and show an effort at least.

This will take a little bit, 3 months or 6 months will really show who they listen to.
11/08/2018 03:47 PMPosted by ruvinn
Why do you people all wish Blizzard the worst if you're still posting on their forums?
Don't conflate those who wish Blizzard to burn down in flames to those wanting Blizzard to recognize they did wrong by their fans and change their ways before its seriously bad.

Players of the former do so because they don't give a crap.

Players of the latter do so because they care.
11/08/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Kukiri
11/08/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Heisenberg
The only thing these big companies understand is money

Which D3 players already gave them.

Butt-hurt is not leverage, people. Tears are not currency.

You lost before you started.

Last I checked having your stock drop 14% is lost money for the company. Investors may fear this backlash is a black mark on the diablo brand and blizzard itself, which it is. If they don't deal with this by addressing the fans, the strength they trade at weakens.

That is coming from analyst, not just some forum poster. This situation is much deeper than "angry gamers."
I don't get the big deal here. They are working on more mobile games, it's obviously a great idea!

Edit: This was sarcasm! hahah.
11/08/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Heisenberg
11/08/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Kukiri

Last I checked having your stock drop 14% is lost money for the company. Investors may fear this backlash is a black mark on the diablo brand and blizzard itself, which it is. If they don't deal with this by addressing the fans, the strength they trade at weakens.

That is coming from analyst, not just some forum poster. This situation is much deeper than "angry gamers."

Its lost money in the billions. Even the previous drop was what, in the range of a few billion? According to the math from what I heard.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Seriously. You people think far too highly of yourselves.

Blizzard has a bunch of properties that turn a profit and one that doesn't. And the one that doesn't has a bunch of "fans" that are doing everything they can to disrupt the companies financial stream.

So what are the choices? Pander to the tiny percentage of total customers (D3 players) who's wallets have already been emptied. Or cutting the franchise loose and saving the cost of upkeep on a forum, CMs, servers, etc.
11/08/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Duathor
I don't get the big deal here. They are working on more mobile games, it's obviously a great idea!

Blizzard is built on loyalty, passion and love for their products. Different from other companies that just create "games" they create universes, immersive and deep lore with top quality products and increasing reputation.

Diablo Immortal is against all of Blizzard principles and their community principles and desires.

Blizzard has a bunch of properties that turn a profit and one that doesn't. And the one that doesn't has a bunch of "fans" that are doing everything they can to disrupt the companies financial stream.

So what are the choices? Pander to the tiny percentage of total customers (D3 players) who's wallets have been already been emptied. Or cutting the franchise loose and saving the cost of upkeep on a forum, CMs, servers, etc.

You really think Diablo hasn't turned a profit? With the exception of the occasional sale, Diablo has been a full price game since it released.
Hail DiabloFans!

So what are the choices? Pander to the tiny percentage of total customers (D3 players) who's wallets have already been emptied. Or cutting the franchise loose and saving the cost of upkeep on a forum, CMs, servers, etc.

What you may be missing is that many Diablo fans also spend money on their other franchises. They want to become garbage tier bottom feeding mtx mobile company that’s on them. They had a passionate fan base but they want the trashy mtx market that much is clear. I personally will not support a company that preys on children and vulnerable people.
11/08/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Kukiri
A lot of people getting pretty excited (In this thread and many, many others) about a company who's first move if actually losing value will be to shut down the D3 server. They made their money and don't need it any more.

And you people - some who've spent hundreds of dollars on D3 products - are giddy over it. I bet you are the same people that smash coffee makers you paid for and burn shoes you paid for.

I'm rolling my eyes so hard I've got a headache.

you are just white knighting to make yourself feel better, and the way you are doing that is making us out to be the bad guys as though we are happy blizzard is hurting and happy that DI sucks and we got screwed over at blizzcon.

i don't want any of that. i love the diablo franchise, and i love blizzard games. but i do not like being treated like a piggy bank to be exploited, and i don't like people like you pissing on my foot and telling me it's melted ice cream.

so have a coke and a smile and shut up, because you contribute nothing to the discussion other than trolling.
Justice

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/activision-blizzard-investors-sell-off-stocks-after-cautious-earnings-expectation-for-q4-revealed-1000050475
I'll be legitimately impressed if this trend holds up when the game is released.
11/08/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Hehmilton
You really think Diablo hasn't turned a profit? With the exception of the occasional sale, Diablo has been a full price game since it released.

I said not profitable. As in not currently making a profit.

They made plenty of profit then and now they're not. The only money they're making now is from banned botters and they really aren't banning enough to cover running costs.

It's financially in their best interest to shut everything down. And with the behavior right now from the stupid minority, it's in their public perception interest as well.

If they bailed, everything would die down in a week. If they stay, you morons will drag it on for months.
11/08/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
I'll be legitimately impressed if this trend holds up when the game is released.

The thread is about thier stock. Not the game.
[quote][quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>
What you may be missing is that many Diablo fans also spend money on their other franchises. They want to become garbage tier bottom feeding mtx mobile company that’s on them. They had a passionate fan base but they want the trashy mtx market that much is clear. I personally will not support a company that preys on children and vulnerable people.

Absolutely this. Most of us here are not teenage gamer but have the financial means to pay for games as much as we desire.

I've spend probably close to $1000 on Diablo and other Blizzard games due to the trust in the company's quality image. Blizz can check my transaction record. I refuse to spend another dime on a company that is run like a dumpster bin.
11/08/2018 03:10 PMPosted by AirbrnBrzrkr
They opened at 65 dollars today and fell to almost to 55 dollars at this point. Someone just lost a !@#$ ton of money.

Technically you only lose money if you sold the stock if you had bought some this morning.
11/08/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Duathor

i dont believe the Diablo hardcore fans ever communicated to Blizzard that they want Diablo to go mobile with mtx or even not having Diablo on PC!

it seems that going mobile is inevitable but now the fans are fighting more no mtx and having diablo back on PC
Keep the "Immortal" part at least.

That which has no soul can never truly die.
11/08/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Blashyrkh

Just wait until they release the mtx store details. They want nuclear keep it like their Chinese diablo clone partners games that already exist.