LAZYNECRO: ANTI-CARPAL TUNNEL -- continued

Necromancer
The other thread maxed out and it's old anyways:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20758385950?page=25

People are still curious about the build so I figured why not continue it?
@Dante00
I am trying to find out how advantageous AD and IAS are to this build. Tough to read 25 pages worth of text. Skimming more recent posts, I understand that some stats are better and tough to give up. But under many circumstances, you can't get all you want and one of these two will creep in to your gear. So with that in mind, someone in my party found a primal BK ring and gifted it to me. The stats are Int, IAS, and CHD. Would it be better to roll Int or IAS to CHC? Thanks.

AS is not really something you need, usually Kalan will put you at/over the common ~1.51 breakpoint which is generally enough for any active skills you might be using. AD isn't going to hurt anything at all. Mostly you want as much crit and weapon damage as possible so you're more than likely better off rolling AS off.
I was not even aware of the breakpoints for this build (or do the same breakpoints apply for every single spell? I was always under the assumption that they vary, but I only really paid attention to it for the Corpse Lance build.). That certainly changes things a bit for me. I am just under the breakpoint currently, so I can switch to a new amulet with IAS or just keep it on the ring (which might be the better option if I can craft a new amulet with CHC/CHD/Physical). Choices, choices... but at least now I can make a more informed decision. Thanks much for the help.
11/11/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Dante00
I was not even aware of the breakpoints for this build (or do the same breakpoints apply for every single spell? I was always under the assumption that they vary, but I only really paid attention to it for the Corpse Lance build.). That certainly changes things a bit for me. I am just under the breakpoint currently, so I can switch to a new amulet with IAS or just keep it on the ring (which might be the better option if I can craft a new amulet with CHC/CHD/Physical). Choices, choices... but at least now I can make a more informed decision. Thanks much for the help.

By active skills I meant Scythe, Lance, Bone Spirit, etc. The build you're running doesn't use any of those so you can completely ignore AS. You can in general anyway really. I was just saying Kalan usually puts you at or above 1.51, and there's no real reason to aim for 1.72 which is for both Scythe and Lance. You can if you want to I guess. As far as I know, Bonestorm isn't affected by AS but it does appear to be affected by speed pylons.
Hi there,

I recently picked up the game on the switch and am running this build with almost all pieces, plvl@400 and am comfortably doing T10 bounties and 50 grifts

I have shadowhook cubed, but it's effectiveness benefits grim scythe which isn't part of the build

I apologise if this has been covered, but at what point do you spec into scythe and what direction is it best to go? Do you replace simulacrum and is it used in the same way, that is to pop off grift bosses and tougher packs? Most everything else seems to passively die in my wake

Many thanks for the build, it's a lot of fun to carelessly farm plvl while in search of the right items for a pestilence set to push higher keys
11/21/2018 03:46 AMPosted by knifebunny
Hi there,

I recently picked up the game on the switch and am running this build with almost all pieces, plvl@400 and am comfortably doing T10 bounties and 50 grifts

I have shadowhook cubed, but it's effectiveness benefits grim scythe which isn't part of the build

I apologise if this has been covered, but at what point do you spec into scythe and what direction is it best to go? Do you replace simulacrum and is it used in the same way, that is to pop off grift bosses and tougher packs? Most everything else seems to passively die in my wake

Many thanks for the build, it's a lot of fun to carelessly farm plvl while in search of the right items for a pestilence set to push higher keys

It's the Trag Fang that synergizes with Grim Scythe, the damage bonus is applied to any cursed mob regardless of how the curse was applied. Basically, you don't have to use Grim Scythe at all for the damage bonus. Typically Aura of Frailty is picked and it'll do the trick just fine.

If you want, you can take a look at the one in my profile and how I spec'd it (AD on shoulders and socket in offhand could be something better, either CDR or Spirit damage) but way it's set up at the moment is particularly lazy and very straightforward, probably good for Switch (it's generally better to numlock Devour with Cannibalize on PC). It'll run up to 70 with no major problems but 65 and under are a little faster (~2-2.5 minutes) due to gem ranks and sheet damage.
I'm also running Inarius on switch, but I'm using Lost Time; with grim scythe cold rune. I've been using corpse Lance ( cold rune) to pick off elites and stragglers, with Lotd for boss killer. Never used simulacrum or devour with this build, am I going to need to?

Also what are you guys looking forward to with grandeur buff season? Corpse pauldrons for my build for sure ha
11/21/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Deistik
I'm also running Inarius on switch, but I'm using Lost Time; with grim scythe cold rune. I've been using corpse Lance ( cold rune) to pick off elites and stragglers, with Lotd for boss killer. Never used simulacrum or devour with this build, am I going to need to?

Also what are you guys looking forward to with grandeur buff season? Corpse pauldrons for my build for sure ha

No that's extremely suitable stuff you're running. Lazy is pretty open, it's a really basic idea, bonestorm + legendary gems and global multipliers. I think you're good, you aren't running anything conflicting (like devour + corpse Lance). I've always found Lazy works best with at least one big cooldown and at least one active skill to attack with.

I don't know for season theme though, I think honestly it'll be with speed farming builds. Finally can equip multiplier + Steuert's and run Endless Walk more easily or especially with Rathma where you have to take Nailuj + Krysbin, it'll be so much easier to slot in Avarice Band and whatnot.
Couple more questions: Let's say you're using bone armor cold rune, would +cold damage on a necklace affect the bonado damage? Also, since base damage is an important stat, would +x - +y damage on rings be the best affix?
11/23/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Deistik
Couple more questions: Let's say you're using bone armor cold rune, would +cold damage on a necklace affect the bonado damage? Also, since base damage is an important stat, would +x - +y damage on rings be the best affix?

As far as I know, ele damage does increase bonestorm damage, but it's so minimal that it doesn't matter once you're in the t13 area. The 6 piece bonus does not increase it, it is the proc for the 6 piece bonus. My bonestorm Nec has 1.65 mil sheet, after removing crit/AS from DPS formula that's like 300k weapon damage. If for some reason it even did say 1k weapon damage like the 2 piece or something, multiplied by Fang, Shadowhook, base Krysbin, gems, it's like 70 mil damage. Multiply crit and even COE it's around 1.1-1.2 bil. To compare, BK per tick and rank 70 PE per second are putting out 70 bil, 210 on COE, Toxin about 1/3 that...

TL;DR I just wouldn't focus on increasing the base bonestorm damage really.

+Damage is really comparable to INT in a lot of cases, at lower Paragon INT will squeeze out a tiny bit more damage and add some minimal toughness, technically better. At higher Paragon INT diminishes so +damage wins out. Honestly, probably just aim for one or the other, I wouldn't worry about that too much either.
Need help deciding between 2 options here.

BK Ring
or
Hexing pants

My Lazymancer speed build uses Steuarts Greaves for speed, so i can either....

Cube them and run with BK ring, and no hexing pants
Or
I can wear/cube them, use a RROG, and cube/wear Hexing pants. but no BK ring

Which would be the better option ?
12/01/2018 08:18 AMPosted by SolarNova

BK Ring
or
Hexing pants

Or

Hexing Pants are pretty good for this build but a couple things come to mind. The first thing is that Corpse Lance will force you to stand still, so whenever you go to use it you're gonna suffer an overall loss, although the Lance itself is just super strong so that might not really matter. (Side note -- maybe try Visceral Impact, it'll triple proc Krysbin outside of LOTD.) Secondly in the case of running Shadowhook main hand, I wouldn't really recommend dropping BK because you're missing out on a potential +10% CHC from a phylactery and the BK ring doesn't require any. It does only tick vs mobs inside your radius but it's a lot of damage for this build, it's equivalent to a rank 70 Pain Enhancer.

Honestly, I would recommend replacing Briggs + Strongarms, if anything. RORG + Hexing Pants would allow you to use Nemesis or Warzechian bracers and you wouldn't really suffer a DPS loss (while moving). You can also use COE (+ whichever bracers), you don't have to pay attention to the elemental cycle in this build and it'll boost your overall DPS by 50-60%+.

And nice amulet haha Kalan is a tough one.
12/01/2018 12:09 PMPosted by ragman
12/01/2018 08:18 AMPosted by SolarNova

BK Ring
or
Hexing pants

Or

Hexing Pants are pretty good for this build but a couple things come to mind. The first thing is that Corpse Lance will force you to stand still, so whenever you go to use it you're gonna suffer an overall loss, although the Lance itself is just super strong so that might not really matter. (Side note -- maybe try Visceral Impact, it'll triple proc Krysbin outside of LOTD.) Secondly in the case of running Shadowhook main hand, I wouldn't really recommend dropping BK because you're missing out on a potential +10% CHC from a phylactery and the BK ring doesn't require any. It does only tick vs mobs inside your radius but it's a lot of damage for this build, it's equivalent to a rank 70 Pain Enhancer.

Honestly, I would recommend replacing Briggs + Strongarms, if anything. RORG + Hexing Pants would allow you to use Nemesis or Warzechian bracers and you wouldn't really suffer a DPS loss (while moving). You can also use COE (+ whichever bracers), you don't have to pay attention to the elemental cycle in this build and it'll boost your overall DPS by 50-60%+.

Thanks for the input ...Dont mind my profile, Im EU main.
My Lazymancer is full passive dmg speed build. Just needed to know if Hexing pants or BK ring added more dmg. From what i can tell they are very closely matched on single target tests, but when u look at the overal play style and mass aoe dots, hexing pants wins hand down. Though if u get blocked u loose a bunch of dmg.
Atleast thats what i can gather ..may be wrong.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Thanks for the input ...Dont mind my profile, Im EU main.
My Lazymancer is full passive dmg speed build. Just needed to know if Hexing pants or BK ring added more dmg. From what i can tell they are very closely matched on single target tests, but when u look at the overal play style and mass aoe dots, hexing pants wins hand down. Though if u get blocked u loose a bunch of dmg.
Atleast thats what i can gather ..may be wrong.

I wondered if you might've been on that thought process, where higher movement speed can synergize more easily with the DOTs. In my personal experience Krysbin/BK/COE has just always won out in terms of clear speed vs GR level. Doing the math, 1 proc from PE with Hexing Pants does win out but only vs 1 tick from BK and not by a whole lot, like ~10% with rank 100 gems, after that BK is doing the same or more. Lately I've actually been removing Steuert's and found it to be just as reliable either way but if you prefer the 210+ MS then I would say stick with Hexing Pants.
Hey ragman, do you have a modern build that you can put up on diablofans or d3planner? The lazymancer that used to be in your profile doesn't seem to exist any more, and I've been putting things together based on your posts but a centralized place with the full information would be great.

P.S. I'd love a goldfarming variant that runs Avarice/Hoarder/Goldwrap if you have any ideas for that.
01/09/2019 07:39 PMPosted by curby
Hey ragman, do you have a modern build that you can put up on diablofans or d3planner? The lazymancer that used to be in your profile doesn't seem to exist any more, and I've been putting things together based on your posts but a centralized place with the full information would be great.

P.S. I'd love a goldfarming variant that runs Avarice/Hoarder/Goldwrap if you have any ideas for that.

Yeah. RIPd my Necros at the end of season 15 going for them solos and then I left the country, am currently in Asia. It could be a few weeks before I can actually do something like that. A quick rundown would be IMO: 6 piece, Fang/Lost Time, Dayntees, Nems, can Kalan, BK, COE with Shadowhook and Krysbin cubed, Aquila or Steuert's cubed your pick. Cannibalize, LOTD/Bone Armor cold runes, Metabolism, Aura of Frailty, Spirit Possession -- final service (overwhelming essence for softcore), Fueled by death, stand alone, eternal torment. Toxin PE Trapped, diamond topaz emerald. Pure Crit, Vitality/life/armor, can do Spirit/elite damage if you want. For t13 just replace Dayntees Trapped and BK, basically I wouldn't recommend dropping Toxin/PE and do drop BK for any experiments, like RORG + whatever. Some others may have a build to throw out there, I'm confident with the things I suggest but the build is pretty flexible and people have their preferences.
I successfully farmed with a simple variant of this build for much of the season. Granted, as with most builds, it ran more smoothly as my paragon (and gems) went up, but soon enough, I was almost always the fastest farmer in bounties running this build (although that could just be due to my familiarity with the maps?). Basically, I dropped the BK ring and Toxin gem for Avarice Band and Boon of the Hoarder, and wore Goldwrap instead of Dayntees belt. Steuart's Greaves in the cube. As long as you can get to a decent mob once you start, the gold protection will keep you safe. Simple enough. My profile seems to be showing it now on this link (although it is liable to change as I apply different armor configs while I play).

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Dante00-11168/hero/104315043
What are my best choices in season 16? Which piece of armor to switch with what item?
01/24/2019 09:55 AMPosted by tsand
What are my best choices in season 16? Which piece of armor to switch with what item?

Looking at your seasonal, Blind Faith might be okay. It's difficult to get one with CHC, high chance to blind and a socket, so I'd probably just recommend Steuert's for the mobility. You could drop Cursed Scythe for Blood Rush, you really only need one active attack (if any) and Bone Spikes is better for the direction you're going in; if you were using Fang + Lost Time and the cold rune on Bone Armor, Frostburns would compliment Frost Scythe pretty well. Either way I'd recommend dropping one generator for Blood Rush but if you really like having both, you could try Depth Diggers. The other extreme would be dropping both generators for any combination of Blood Rush, Simulacrum or Decrepify and going with Hexing Pants.

On your non seasonal I see Corpse Lance, you could try Corpsewhisper. Or just drop Scythe and use Steuert's. Either way switch Army to LOTD heh
1. The starter post says: Lost Time doesn't work with Bone Armor.
Can someone explain this?
When I use cold rune on Bone Armor and Lost Time and no other sources of slow, I do see "slowed" labels popping off mobs.

2. It is said that damage of our DoTs is snapshoted.
As I understand, this means that all (some?) damage modifiers are taken at DoT application and remain the same for the whole duration.
On the other hand, there were mentions that it is beneficial to make slow and the curse last longer, to apply corresponding modifiers longer.
Does this mean that only some modifiers are snapshotted but not others?
How does CoE work in this regard?

Thank you.