Diablo 4 has been cancelled 'Confirmed by POE devs'

General Discussion
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/11/path-of-exile-devs-have-an-interesting-theory-about-diablo-4s-no-show/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smfe8u69EOw
Wow...I mean when PoE devs say that this must be the ultimate truth, right?

LOL
Sure.. because a dev team from an entirely different company knows better than the company that is working on a new title...

granted that every company working on a product reserves the right to cancel it should the need arise or should they be forced to but still - this title is misleading and just plain hearsay.
Kotaku is as good at investigate and fact check as my dear rottweiler.

Stop this nonsense.
1. BS.
2. You do realize there's an existing thread on the subject?
Lol kotaku gtfo.
i don't believe kotaku...or poe devs, but i believe in my gut feeling, theres no diablo 4, not in the making, or planned.
There might be Diablo experience for PC, but its not Diablo 4, or Arpg...but it's 10 years away.
After their stocks dying, theres huge chance those projects have already been canceled and they are pulled to work on more mobile titles to recover the lost money as fast as possible.
there also won't be any talking to the community, there will be a generic season starting post with no other info.
11/19/2018 01:38 AMPosted by Korda
i don't believe kotaku...or poe devs, but i believe in my gut feeling, theres no diablo 4, not in the making, or planned.
There might be Diablo experience for PC, but its not Diablo 4, or Arpg...but it's 10 years away.
After their stocks dying, theres huge chance those projects have already been canceled and they are pulled to work on more mobile titles to recover the lost money as fast as possible.
there also won't be any talking to the community, there will be a generic season starting post with no other info.

You should go and see a doctor. Something seems wrong with your guts :) Honestly if you watched the interview Rhykker and Adham then there is somehow no doubt for me that a proper D4 is in progress.

Will it be better than D3? No clue. Time will tell if they learned their lessons or not.
11/19/2018 01:58 AMPosted by AlKatiba
Will it be better than D3? No clue. Time will tell if they learned their lessons or not.

Let's see here -

Diablo 3 was released. It turned out to be dumbed down and lacked the dark & gothic atmosphere that was present in Diablos 1 & 2. The reason was they wanted a broader audience. Then Diablo 3 was released on consoles... which explained why the game was designed from the ground up to be extremely dumbed down and suitable for kids (despite being a rated M game).

Now we have Diablo Immoral. They are targeting China audience and Western kids. Game will no longer be rated M.

Diablo 4 will likely be targeted to the same broad audience. You can kiss depth, dark & gothic atmosphere, and rated M goodbye.
OP, I know you're wrong because my neighbor's chinese wife's relatives in china just confirmed to me, that their uncle who has been living in the UK for 30 years had a son with a vietnamese immigrant, and that son who is now 20 years old, actually called me up 5 mins ago to tell me that Diablo 4 is already finished.
With each major let down from Blizzard I give poe a go. 2 attepts and I always was thinking poe is ugly and clunky. With this year mobile BS I gave poe 3rd chance. It turn out I didnt understand poe because used to D3 simplicity. I must say POE is very complex and reach game. It changes a LOT and devs there are doing exelent job. Absolutly love it. Guys give it a go.
11/19/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Ostatni
With each major let down from Blizzard I give poe a go. 2 attepts and I always was thinking poe is ugly and clunky. With this year mobile BS I gave poe 3rd chance. It turn out I didnt understand poe because used to D3 simplicity. I must say POE is very complex and reach game. It changes a LOT and devs there are doing exelent job. Absolutly love it. Guys give it a go.

Already gave it a go on PC years ago, now I'm waiting to give it another go when it releases on PS4 next month.
Diablo 4 has been cancelled 'Confirmed by POE devs'

And people wonder why no one takes kotaku serious.
11/19/2018 12:56 AMPosted by KushiSensei
Sure.. because a dev team from an entirely different company knows better than the company that is working on a new title...

granted that every company working on a product reserves the right to cancel it should the need arise or should they be forced to but still - this title is misleading and just plain hearsay.

i believe them. I work in a different industry in a large corporation and i can tell you from personal experience, that in the industry you work in such big announcements/new developments are more or less known. So i am 100% sure that D4 has been cancelled in favor of the mobile atrocity.
OP should actually listen to that conversation with the PoE devs. At no point do they say that they know D4 has been cancelled. They say that Blizzard may be in a position where they would want the ability to can the project, if it's even in development, and it's possible that the reason we got no D4 announcement is because Blizzard might want the ability to easily walk away from it.

For what it's worth, the PoE devs also say they thought they were going to have to compete with Diablo 4 in 2019, so it seems clear that their understanding of Blizzard's development schedule is insufficient.
Whatever's going on, the devs for PoE have taken over the arpg market from Diablo with a far superior product. D3 isn't even in the same ballpark as PoE, and it wasn't until I started investing some time into PoE that I realized how little time and effort Blizzard put into making D3. I no longer have any faith that Blizzard can deliver up anything even remotely worthy of the "Diablo" name anymore.
How did "have an interesting theory" in the Kotaku article turn into "cancelled confirmed by POE devs" in this post?

Someone needs to work on their reading comprehension.
11/19/2018 12:55 AMPosted by AlKatiba
Wow...I mean when PoE devs say that this must be the ultimate truth, right?

LOL

No its not all D4 is D2 with rifts / grifts / cube bounty materials just drop bro... also you can make rune words out of rares.....

orbs drop that add or remove stats...

game is so hard ot make blizzard sucks
11/19/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Jinx
How did "have an interesting theory" in the Kotaku article turn into "cancelled confirmed by POE devs" in this post?

Someone needs to work on their reading comprehension.

It's all about creating more drama for the crowd.
GGG are going on a strange path with this clickbait kind of promotion.