Diablo Immortal: Transfer what's done to a D3 expension

General Discussion
Nobody wants a mobile Diablo game filled with microtransactions, except maybe you'r shareholders.

So, cancel this crap, and since it's clearly re-using 99% of the asset from Diablo III, why not bring it to the PC with a Diablo III "prequel" expension telling story from that era (between Lord of Destruction and D3).

Just use what you have and make a D3 expension with that instead of this trash mobile game nobody want.

You could have a new class, say the "Assasin" or maybe even the "Amazon", and new zone, new boss, new items, new legendary, new set, maybe even finally fix some of the main issue with the game (*itemization, lack of descent PVP, paragon, difficulty scaling, end game content).

Anyway, after such a huge backlash from the community, if it was my company, this is exactly what I will do with the current build of Diablo Immortal, and also split the Classic Game dev into 2 team, one for WC3 Reforged and one that immediatly start working on a 4K remaster of Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction, because it's clear that the next big installment in the Diablo franchise, currently known as "Diablo 4" is not going to happen anytime soon, i'd say 2021 at the earliest... Plenty of time to fix the damage that have been done at BlizzCon 2018.

Diablo will still be on a "mobile" platform (Nintendo Switch) with even more content, and I think that would be accepted way better than what you are currently doing with the franchise (android/iOS game)...
11/05/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Epsilons
Nobody wants a mobile Diablo game filled with microtransactions, except maybe you'r shareholders.

Hopefully the mobile game doesn't have heavy microtransactions you are correct on that.

Next.
As we have 0 idea if there will be any microtransactions we can't say for sure what will happen here.
11/05/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Soma

As we have 0 idea if there will be any microtransactions we can't say for sure what will happen here.

The game is made by NETEASE, a chinese company, and all of their games are mobile microtransaction filled trash. So don't expect too much on that front. I'm pretty sure they target this because it will be a printing money games for them, and now that Activision took over Blizzard, that's exactly what they want, easy money.

Also, they use like 99% of the asset from Diablo 3, it's basically a Diablo 3 ripoff for mobile. So they are not investing much to create the game, they also are using same engine, user interface and assets from other NETEASE game, making it very cheap to build and publish the game. Maximum profit here.
So infuriating that they worked on a lot of cool new mechanics for Immortal that Diablo 3 (and even Diablo 4) could have used. For example the Wizard summon exploding crystal & Ray of Frost combo...
11/05/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Krine
So infuriating that they worked on a lot of cool new mechanics for Immortal that Diablo 3 (and even Diablo 4) could have used. For example the Wizard summon exploding crystal & Ray of Frost combo...

Yeah have you seen the Demon Hunter move in the gameplay trailer where she hang on the roof like spider-man, that was pretty cool too. Could use that in Diablo 3 !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab2-WW1skOM&feature=youtu.be&t=55
In the end of the trailer from Diablo Immortal they show Baal... if they just added him in a new expansion for D3 or a new game, that would have been nice.