A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 112 113 114 270 Next
11/11/2018 01:24 AMPosted by RnZech
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
we hear you.

Well then, hear this:
Many people call the situation You people created a "PR disaster".
This isn't even close to reality.

- You bait long term PC playerbase, which basically funded Your success as a company, to a non-free happening. Then you publically announce that they get NOTHING. Everything goes to mobiles. Your fans, including those who actually BOUGHT tickets to Blizzcon, will not even get updates to Diablo 3, which the mobile version will have.

- You are not even proper developers of Diablo at this point. You just outsources this to a Chinese company, which is notorious for disregard to players and will stop at nothing to monetize the product. Said company doing pretty much a reskin of it's previous product does not help the situation.

- You lash out against negative reaction, blaming and disrespecting the fans. "YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE PHONES?!". Yes, those guys have phones, but they went to a panel of basically a PC game, expected any kind of PC announcement, and I can bet my devastated liver pretty much all of them have designated gaming PC's - a platform of their choice, on which they want to play games. Diablo included.

- You attempt to censor fanbase reaction by deleting Youtube comments and manipulating the amounts of likes/dislikes. I saw with my very own eyes how the comment of RedPill shark user got removed multiple times.

- You directly state that Your best developer have been moved to mobile projects, which brutally implies potential new chinese mobile players are worth much, MUCH more in Your eyes then the dedicated people who made your product a success in the first place.

Your decisions and actions speak louder then blue forum posts.
And the single message which you send to the community is:
"WE DO NOT LISTEN TO YOU. WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU."

As I said at the beginning of this post, this is not a PR disaster.
Your mask fell off at the stage, and EVERYONE saw Your true colors.
The company that cared about it's dedicated playerbase is long gone.
In it's place we have a greedy corporation that treats it's customers as livestock.

We all know that You do not work for free, and that any company main objective is to earn money. Apart from some vocal minority, no one really is blaming You that You want to expand to other markets. Had You announced Diablo Immortal on the side, just like Fallout Shelter got announced, none of this would happen. But the way You absolutely disrespected and alienated you core audience is simply baffling.

I don't know if You will recover after this blamage.
No matter how many interviews blue posts or trailers You will produce, You will not be able to cover the fact - yes, the FACT, that You, contrary to Your post, DO NOT listen to your fans, and that You DO NOT care about them, because they numbers are fewer then the Chinese mobile market players.

I sincerely wish that You will open your eyes, start treating your players as proper human beings again, and recover at least some portion of your dignity. That being said I do not believe I will ever buy a product from Activision Blizzard ever again.

Your sincerely.
A former fan (1995-2018).

You rock
- You directly state that Your best developer have been moved to mobile projects, which brutally implies potential new chinese mobile players are worth much, MUCH more in Your eyes then the dedicated people who made your product a success in the first place.

Don't get me wrong I don't support the new mobile game nor will I buy it. But I do have to comment on your part here about best developers. There is one other way that I can think of that line could be interpreted.

That the best developers for the project are on Diablo Immortal. Instead of saying the best Diablo developers. It could mean that the best developers that would be great for Diablo Immortal would be Wyatt and company. Then the ones for the other projects would be the best developers for that particular game. Because they have talents, skills, etc... that Blizz is looking for, for that particular game.
I hope that I don't get yelled at for asking this question and couldn't think of any other place to ask it.

Do you think that this could turn out to be a publicity stunt. Where Blizzcon would be a test to see just how many people would play Diablo Immortal if it were a PC game. Then come in about a few weeks later and then announce some sort of mea culpa. Then hit us with the bomb shell that it is gonna either gonna be PC only. Or PC first along with being mobile, is that at all possible?

That way the fire is put out and all things seem to be settled. Blizz gets what it wants to test the waters before fully committing to either PC only or PC and mobile. Then when they tell us of the change then the haters of us have fuel to say there is no reason to be mad at Blizz anymore. Although I don't think that would pan out good either. Sure it will no doubt put out a good portion of the fire but not all of it.
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

In all honesty, the "we hear you" can not be beaten by audacity! (I hope thats the correct english phrase). Since years WE are talking, writing and testing on PTR. But nothing has changed.

In my optinion we don't even need a D4 or a D2 remastered. A balanced D3, where you can play all sets (because they are more or less equal) would be enough. D3 had balancing issues from the start and it still has! Do you even try to balance the sets amongst all classes? It really doesn't feel like it.

Balance D3, balance the sets. But please, don't come up with a new class before all sets are (more or less) equal. Because one more class = one more playable set. More classes won't get us more diversity, but balancing does!
11/11/2018 02:10 AMPosted by Gleipdonir
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

In all honesty, the "we hear you" can not be beaten by audacity! (I hope thats the correct english phrase). Since years WE are talking, writing and testing on PTR. But nothing has changed.

In my optinion we don't even need a D4 or a D2 remastered. A balanced D3, where you can play all sets (because they are more or less equal) would be enough. D3 had balancing issues from the start and it still has! Do you even try to balance the sets amongst all classes? It really doesn't feel like it.

Balance D3, balance the sets. But please, don't come up with a new class before all sets are (more or less) equal. Because one more class = one more playable set. More classes won't get us more diversity, but balancing does!

This x 1000 but also work on d4.. I mean legit if you would allow me to

I will at NO COST make a proposal for 2.7 and get feedback from people of each class all you gotta do is code it in and let us test it

I know this game so well, there's tons of people out there with great ideas on changes that would gladly help... So you could focus your resources on d4
I imagine if Ion would tell the same about WoW going on mobile with the same enthusiasm and no more PC releases, it would give more or less the same reaction from the crowd.

I would be cringe as fook. XD
lol just buffing Legacy of Nightmares set would be a good start
Thank you for hearing us.

I just hope it doesn't taking another 6.5 years for Blizzard to be doing something about it.

Although, my dread is that Blizzard will spend the next 6.5 years tweaking and milking Diablo Immortal® before anything substantive gets done on Diablo 4. If ever.
you blues keep saying the same thing.. i haven't played D3 for a few years and haven't been on the forums while i haven't played. just started to browse again recently and you still spew the same crap.. we listen, we take your feedback seriously, we listen to your suggestions and such but nothing changes other than power creep

honestly, i don't believe a thing you blues say and so should everyone else because you spew the same crap all the time
The worst part for me is not DI, but the sheer apathy from Blizzard towards the current D3 player base.

Did we hear anything for a week? Did a CM (It's their job anyway) try to at least connect with people on the forums, however sporadically? Did Blizzard do anything which reflects they have been listening or even acknowledging the customers?

No.

This should make it into classic Business Management year 1 textbooks. Your company is hit by the biggest uproar among your customers in recent memory. Blizzard's response :

- Informing shareholders the response to DI was muted and the backlash was not serious.
- Ignoring customers on the official forums without a single response for over a week.
- Censor comments and remove downvotes on Youtube.
- Continue to allow the share price to tank without clear action.
Hi,personally all I need is a big update in D3, with maybe a new multiplayer dungeon mode like wow has, which requires TANK, SUPPORT and DPS, including that tactic element of a real cooperative role mode. I dont like the actual "masive rush" state of the game.

Sorry for my english, greetings from Spain.
Nice seems like they just hate these forums because on reddit they can answer....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/9vavx8/an_open_letter_to_blizzard/e9b6ux9/?context=3

Nevalistis
237 points
·
2 days ago
Appreciate the thoughtful, well constructed discourse. :)

We really are reading everything. The good, the bad, the ugly; for me, that's part of the job. We're not speaking up just yet because there's a lot for us to discuss internally first. The conversation (and our subsequent follow-up) isn't going to happen overnight. We're a pretty big company, and a lot of people are involved in these discussions.

I know every day can feel like eternity on the internet, but it's a blink of the eye in the office and there's a lot to do. I won't ask for your patience, but I have two things I want to impress. First, this whole situation and all its facets are our top priority. Second, our communications team (myself included) is heavily committed to ensuring your voices have been heard.
11/11/2018 01:24 AMPosted by RnZech
we hear you.

- You attempt to censor fanbase reaction by deleting Youtube comments and manipulating the amounts of likes/dislikes. I saw with my very own eyes how the comment of RedPill shark user got removed multiple times.

[/quote]

Oficial version states that they have only deleted BOT´s dislikes... isn´t ironic? BOT´s are actually 70% of your Diablo 3 players so you let them play but no vote in youtube. And yes i pretend being sarcastic.
11/11/2018 04:06 AMPosted by Aldidas
Nice seems like they just hate these forums because on reddit they can answer....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/9vavx8/an_open_letter_to_blizzard/e9b6ux9/?context=3

Nevalistis
237 points
·
2 days ago

We really are reading everything. The good, the bad, the ugly; for me, that's part of the job. We're not speaking up just yet because there's a lot for us to discuss internally first. The conversation (and our subsequent follow-up) isn't going to happen overnight. We're a pretty big company, and a lot of people are involved in these discussions.

I know every day can feel like eternity on the internet, but it's a blink of the eye in the office and there's a lot to do. I won't ask for your patience, but I have two things I want to impress. First, this whole situation and all its facets are our top priority. Second, our communications team (myself included) is heavily committed to ensuring your voices have been heard.

Its nice to see the priorities, also I didnt see Mss Cheeta comenting here anything
yah well we'll see how much anyone at Acti-Blizz-Greed is listening - probably end up talking more about D:I MTX plans than anything PC related

SHAME
F

If you have ever listened, we wouldn't be in this predicament now.

You say your a big company, but then why does it take your big company SO long to produce anything at all for content?

You said you had 2 priorities, This situation is your top one and second is communication, making sure our voices are heard!

You know if you did communication first you wouldn't have to worry about your second priority.
You wouldn't have screwed up in the first place if you ever communicated, that goes for any of your sloppy games.
YOU THINK YOU ARE
BUT YOU ARE NOT

Only applies to Blizzard, you don't even know how to listen anymore so do Diablo a favor an sell the IP to someone who might.
It will be fun if we don't see any "blue post", and when Blizzcon 2019 will come they will announce something good about Diablo franchise.
INSTANT HYPE method!!
11/11/2018 04:06 AMPosted by Aldidas

It's obvious that don't care about the forum built for the game. They don't want to communicate with owner's of the game. They want to communicate with new only.