A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 116 117 118 270 Next
11/11/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Demonmonger
11/11/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Ruined
...Well said, good 1st post. I remember Tomb Raider creators talking that they play only Tomb Raiders, which slowly but surely made the series wither away. Blizzard's situation is even worse. Everyone plays there only mobile games!

This actually inaccurate, as several developers have mentioned loving their time with Grim Dawn and PoE.

My assumption is as has been discussed, their hands are tied by the stockholders wanting more money, and them wanting to keep their jobs rather than create a better pitch for why they need to make deeper Diablo games.

This is a trend for every dev in the company though. WoW is half the progression it used to be as well, and a lot of fans are quitting because of it.

Thanks for the Reply! But I have to say I am quite confused. You say that they are looking out for their stockholders....but it has since dropped in shares since Blizzcon. Are you saying they are trying to do things that make them not make good games to please their shareholders? If their goal was to please the shareholders then I would suggest to have a gamer high up helping them with these major decisions and announcements. At the very least they wont see their shareholders backing out and shares plummeting. I am sure they have gamers in their company, but I just question how many of them are true decision makers.
“We hear you”. Hearing and listening are two different things. Bet you can feel that stock price declining though.
Blizzcon was a huge disappoint for me.

I was really expecting something great for pc. Answers to some or maybe all of the below questions.

I am still curious as to the future of diablo ON PC as you currently see it.
- Will there be an update for D2, bringing HD into it and some QoL changes (auto pickup, stash, bnet app, etc.).
- Will there be new content/updates/expansion for D3?
Can we please, please obtain more stash tabs. Please.
- Will there be a successor for D3?
Will it be a D4? Or will it be a new game using existing story (D1 through D3). (Please keep Cain alive).
Or perhaps will D2 be patched into D3 (maybe as an expansion).

About the mobile game.
This is a great addition to the Diablo franchise. It might not be for me as I prefer pc gaming. The open world idea sounds quite interesting though. But I'll see when it is released.
Anyways, please don't make it pay2win. In any way. That would truly be very disappointing.

I know, you release when you feel it is ready. Do keep that up.
But please, please share your plans with us. Even current plans, even when they still are subject to (much) change. Even without details if you must.
I really would want to know that.
And many others too, I think.
I’ve played d3 pretty intensely for many years, but it just feels kind of exhausted now. We aren’t getting much new content, or even teases of new content.

I went to blizzcon 2016 with every expectation of big d3 news. I had never before been to a gaming convention and it was a huge investment for me, but I had high hopes for some great d3 content. Instead, there was a tiny d3 section off in a corner and no news at all. Because of that, I wasn’t so disappointed in 2017 at the lack of news, and over the past year I’ve moved on to grim dawn and path of exile.

It’s not about the business model (Poe is micro transactions and gd is more traditional like d3). It’s not about the game engine, I’d take d3 over anything else on offer by other arpgs. Just give us more content. PLEASE. Give people like me an excuse to come back. Or lose us forever.
I have a family too - and I still had time to take 5 minutes and check the thread - its mind boggling that they cannot even do that..

Just saying ….
What makes Diablo games successful&popular in my opinion?

1.)Dark&Gothic realistic art style+hunting for very very rare items

2.)huge build diversity,runewords+crafting

3.)simplicity (not much ingame dialogues, no character skins,no flags for character etc.,not too much effects)

4.)easy to learn but hard to master

5.)->long time motivation+enjoyment

A game you wanna spend comfortable hours and hours of gaming and not to bypass time till the bus drives off.

And this special Diablo feeling and excitement can not be transfered to a small device with the word mobile in it.
At this point it just looks like they are trying to think of a way to keep everyone happy without actually having to admit fault or apologize.
11/11/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Xander
At this point it just looks like they are trying to think of a way to keep everyone happy without actually having to admit fault or apologize.

In fact calling it now, if there is any apology it will be back handed and have a qualifier to discredit it.
we hear you
>>> Diablo 3 on google chrome browser inbound!
Fully fledged Diablo experience ... Kappa
When is your next generic statement coming ?
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

...but do you understand? Imagine if your eldest daughter had been asking for a pony for years, and then on her 16th birthday, you bought her baby brother a pony that he never asked for. Was it a feint, she wonders? Are they instead just building up to a shiny new car instead? ...No mention of it. You just seem to be wondering why we aren't happy for our baby brother, and we're all wondering how you didn't get that this might be a problem.

The community (a large portion, at least) has wanted a Diablo mmo for a long time. Now that you're at least claiming Immortal is an mmo on some level (even a basic one), Diablo 4 will need to embrace this feature in order to "succeed". I'm not sure how feasible that is. If anyone can make it work, I'd say it's Blizzard, but - let's be real - I fear the playerbase will pounce if it doesn't meet our high (possibly unreasonable) expectations. But you've backed yourself into this corner.

We keep hearing, "Trust us, there is more Diablo in the works", and I know that we're supposed to infer that means Diablo 4 on PC. Unfortunately, we heard, "Trust us" with Battle for Azeroth a few too many times. That isn't panning out too well. Blizzard has hit a few foul balls before, but to completely whiff twice in such a short time - to deliver such an underwhelming Blizzcon as a whole - has many of us deeply concerned.
"a quick word" yeah, that's about all we can get from you. How about a long word? That might be a good start. We have been telling you for years what we want. This forum shouldn't be anything new to anyone that has been paying even a little bit of attention. Are you really this disconnected from the "community" that is supposedly so important to Blizzard? Seems to me you don't give a !@#$. My advice is not to Blizzar/Activision corporate asshats, my request and my advice is for all you people in the "community" %^-* fake corporate communities. Brand loyalty is for sheep. Go play other games and tell Blizzard to suck a @!*!%#@%. That's all they deserve.
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

Have you discussed the fact that Necro curses are bugged in the Switch port? I would love to see that fixed. Thanks.
11/11/2018 04:51 PMPosted by MountainMan
Have you discussed the fact that Necro curses are bugged in the Switch port? I would love to see that fixed. Thanks.

Don't hold your breath. They haven't fixed Shield bash bug for years now..
This seems more like an attempt to focus all the trolling into one thread rather than actually glean anything that they will actually use.

This post... and not another comment from the mod in the four days since.

I think the muzzles are on - another thread got locked by "Blizzard" moderator - which is usually only used for locking necroed threads... why oh why?
*I wrote an advice,but noticed that i dont have any hope for diablo so deleted it,nwm.
11/11/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Fodder
to deliver such an underwhelming Blizzcon as a whole

Your comment is played down by that statement, it's just your opinion that this BlizzCon as a whole was bad, the only thing I am disappointed in was Diablo, for their other games I have hope. [edited]

Just the fact they said that they have their best devs working on mobile titles for their other IPs (as mentioned in another press conference) makes me worried. There are games that work on mobile and there are games that don't.

"A fully fledged Diablo experience" is non existent on mobile, not in the way Blizzard is presenting it. You want us to play Diablo everywhere we go? How can we do that without a stable internet connection while on the move? Also as an AMMORPG it's not supposed to be played for five minutes while waiting for a bus, will you just abandon your friends mid session because your bus arrived? In my experience you cannot pause MMOs and that will be a huge problem. So if I want to play Immortal, I'll need to do this at home with a stable connection, oh wait, what's that? My PC is directly in front of me? Better enjoy some Diablo on my phone...