A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 182 183 184 268 Next
11/29/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Nevalistis
We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.

- The Diablo Teams -

You have to admire their commitment with sticking to the original PR plan. They have to nail whatever they announce next and they know it.

Be patient guys. Good stuff is coming.
so three weeks to come back with basically the same message as before. honestly why even bother anymore even trying to placate us, just be honest and say you wont say anything until blizzcon next year and more hype and de hype posts to the run up to sell some tickets again i bet.
Take a shot of tequila every time they say "We have many plans for Diablo"
Listening, eh I’ll give them that one. Engaging, not even a hint. If this “multiple projects “ term is all they are going to stick with they will lose the trust and loyalty of many.
We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.

- The Diablo Teams -

3 Weeks of silence and this is it?

- multiple Diablo projects
- reading feedback
- internal discussions
- stay tuned
= nothing new at all.

Sorry but this is......it is nothing in my opinion.
This update is as useful and productive as the PTR.
11/29/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Karasu
Take a shot of tequila every time they say "We have many plans for Diablo"

Sadly wouldn't work out well as a game. Would be like 3 shots at a time but then you would have to wait a month for the next turn.

- The Diablo Teams -

I like how its the same song and dance. "We hear you" without anything of any substance.

Like I said before, Blizzard hears you, Blizzard dont care.

You guys shown your true colors with Immortal and releasing the new season in Diablo is just Diablo 3 with a few zeros at the end. Incredibly pitiful. To think my favorite game company of all time has been reduced to greed and shareholders.

But just keep telling your fan base "we are listening" while laughing behind our backs counting money.
Have you ever been on the phone with someone and you weren't sure if they were still there, but then you hear them cough, or sniff, or something that reassures you there's someone on the other end? That's more or less what Blizzard's latest post was. No new information, really, but at least we know they're alive...ish.

That said, thank you for posting at least something. I'm glad internal discussions are ongoing, but I sure hope it isn't just an echo chamber of your ideas. Let some of the external discussion in, too. Hear out some of the ideas that have been offered in this thread and elsewhere - there are some solid ones.

When it comes to Diablo, "Blizzard knows best" died Friday, November 2nd when your best thinking got you booed in your own home. It's time to seriously listen to the fans like other companies have been and to stop this habit of insisting people will some day love a product they hate.

- The Diablo Teams -

3 weeks of silence for this corporate standard-style response, that could have been posted by anyone in Blizzard during this period of silence.

From what was multiple projects this year is now this coming year (2019)? Honestly, I give up. Maybe my mind will change with further announcements...

Good luck everyone.

- The Diablo Teams -

So that's all telling us to give feedback and then we have to wait again till you make the next disaster ? How about improving and not always telling us the same meaningless stuff. You didn't meet our expectations and screwed up with diablo3 then fixed it and then dropped it. How about being honest with us and not tell lies anymore and also actually fix communication your other games also have communication as far I got told.
Where can I downvote this recent post so I can put a fist sized hole through my phone they so desperately want me to use.
They're not following up because the mobile game is going to be genre redefining. It will silence the haters and ensue a new golden age under chairman Watt Chang.

- The Diablo Teams -

This is the same thing we heard like a month ago. What is even the point?
Hey guys.

Blizzard just confirmed that new Diablo games will be announced in 2019.

That's all we're getting for now.

Crying isn't going to change their plans.

Hope that helps.

- The Diablo Teams -

*fixed*

Hey guys. I want to let you all know that we are aware that many of you aren't happy with how we've been communicating with you and aren't happy with what you've heard from the newest announcement for the franchise. We understand that while some people are interested in Diablo Immortal it is not a game targeted towards the same audience that usually attend Blizzcon and that it wasn't appropriate for it to be the only Diablo announcement at the event. Furthermore, we understand that staff representing the game on stage at Blizzcon failed at communicating effectively and thus Blizzard takes full responsibility for the generally negative reception that Diablo Immortal has gotten with core Diablo players.

I have personally spoken to my bosses and pleaded the case of what I feel the core Diablo community needs. To that end I am happy to confirm that an announcement for the next core PC project in the Diablo franchise will be released on or before December 31, 2018. This will take the form the project name. It is not currently within my ability to confirm anything else, however it should not take long into 2019 to get a teaser trailer out as well as the year the game should release in if it is developed on schedule.

We at Blizzard sincerely want to make the best games possible, and we hope that our core fans give us the opportunity to show you what we're working on for you in the next few years. We apologize for any antagonism or dismissive that may have been interpreted from any of our community teams. We want to talk to you guys like real people, and we want you to know we are developing our games for the people playing them first and foremost. We hope that our actions in the coming months will speak louder than our words.

Happy demon slaying.
Diablo immortal is so bad lmao

- The Diablo Teams -

Is it just me or is this the same line of crap we have been getting just reworded in such a way to almost sound as if it was new information being shared with us? Me honestly I would rather be told. If your listening to your customers we really want to know what is coming and I for one don't want to wait until Blizz-con 2019 for Diablo information. Take that to your group discussions!

Edit: Oh and if you even think of monatizing the next Diablo game for PC. We are DONE!