A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 204 205 206 270 Next
12/03/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Ploxer
Holy Crap. The amount of entitled people in this thread is depressing.

They have all, but said they ARE making a PC version of Diablo, And multiple leaks already confirmed this too, including making "embrace the darkness" the main theme.

However, this is not enough for you guys. You want to see a game, whose base design isn't completed, and may be completely different this time next year right now?

They basically confirmed, Diablo for PC is coming. I'm not sure what more you want.

Just wait until they have a product they want to show that looks good and conveys how the game is.

You should not want to see a product that's not even close to done.

They have confirmed NOTHING.
Thats the entire point which you are so obtusely failing to comprehend.

With all of their "multiple projects" BS, they have never stated ONCE that there is even a PC title being worked on at all.
12/03/2018 06:37 PMPosted by CreamyTuna
if i was a D3 dev id hate all of us whiney players

If you were a D3 dev you'd be unemployed. There are no D3 devs.
12/03/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Ploxer
Holy Crap. The amount of entitled people in this thread is depressing.

They have all, but said they ARE making a PC version of Diablo, And multiple leaks already confirmed this too, including making "embrace the darkness" the main theme.

However, this is not enough for you guys. You want to see a game, whose base design isn't completed, and may be completely different this time next year right now?

They basically confirmed, Diablo for PC is coming. I'm not sure what more you want.

Just wait until they have a product they want to show that looks good and conveys how the game is.

You should not want to see a product that's not even close to done.

Nice try shill. Blizzard has NOT confirmed anything. What we have are unreliable sources claiming stuff that can't be proven. And this is not the issue here. Nobody cares about D4. You should start reading instead of just assuming things. And wrongfully so at that.

The issue here is how Blizz is completely out of touch with the playerbase, announces a mobile game to a dominantly pc gamer culture, leaks showing it is a p2win mess, and we still can't get a decent reply in here. They claim they hear us but disregard every ounce of criticism and pull the same bullsh*t they did at blizzcon spouting that they are multiple teams working on multiple projects.

The community doesn't want multiple projects. Nobody has ever said "I want to play diablo 4, 5 and 6 at the same time and I want it now". This answer satisfies nobody. It is a non-answer. We don't want multiple projects either. We just want ONE good one. A mobile p2w mess aimed at kids is not it.

You are just as deaf as Blizzard is.
12/03/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Adda
All these negative comments, down votes, bad reviews, negative thoughts and even the ones threatening to leave the franchise for good. You'll all be the first ones back here on your knees, praising Blizzard, when we finally get to see what's next.

Yes, most if not all Diablo fanbase is disappointed with 2018 Blizzcon. Players were Believing the Hype. Expecting pc/console content. Expecting D3 Druid and/or Amazon. Expecting D2 Remastered. Expecting D4.
Hype
1.to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually followed by up): She was hyped up at the thought of owning her own car.
2.to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods; promote or publicize showily: a promoter who knows how to hype a prizefight.

Blizzard Says It Wasn't Expecting Fans To Be This Angry About Diablo Immortal
https://kotaku.com/blizzard-says-it-wasnt-expecting-fans-to-be-this-angry-1830204721

"Don't you guys have phones"
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769628675?page=1

Through the Good, the Bad, the Ugly, Diablo lore has become a household name among gamers. Parents who previously played as kids now have kids playing.
1996 Diablo1. 1997 D1 Hellfire. 2000 Diablo2. 2001 D2 Lord Of Destruction. Diablo2 mods on private servers. StarCraft2 map/level editor D1 and D2. 2008 D3 announced. 2012 D3 release. 2014 D3 Reaper of Souls. 2017 D3 Rise of the Necromancer. 2018 Diablo:Immortal announced.

2012-2018 Diablo3 patched and bandaged too many times. Bugs that were fixed no longer fixed. Game crashes, lag spikes, and disconnects. Generic 1016 error. Players just blaming Blizzard for bad servers, yet don't provide basic computer/internet information. Some due to user error, ISP, or internet hops. Players being downvoted for just asking a question. Players keep asking same questions over and over again. Other have tech issues go unanswered.
Internet trolls rely on social defaults, the online version of herd mentality
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/internet-trolls-rely-on-social-defaults-the-online-version-of-herd-mentality/

Teen Temper Tantrums: 3 Steps to Stop the Screaming
To understand the “why” behind teenage temper tantrums, it’s important to recognize two of the normal aspects of adolescence: self-centeredness and entitlement. Teens have a strong desire to advocate for themselves because at this age, their world revolves around them and their needs.
https://www.empoweringparents.com/article/teen-temper-tantrums-3-steps-to-stop-the-screaming/

Pack mentality definitely exists among humans as well, and it is a sad and potentially dangerous thing. Pack mentality and mob mentality are basically the same thing, it is defined Here as the unique behaviors that emerge due to large groups.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/afr3/blogs/siowfa12/2012/11/the-dangers-of-pack-mentality.html

Dr. Phil 'Adult Temper Tantrums' Guest Has Police Called on Him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1Ag32GwNQ

End result is that nobody wins -- not Blizzard -- not players. Community negativity becomes its own cause and effect. A wildfire out of control. It is time to make amends and to heal. Yes, Blizzard needs to say something. Doesn't really make any difference what. But not "we're listening or attesting to multiple projects". PR decisions need to be made and executed. Likewise players need to control their emotions. It is now up to both Blizzard and Activision Blizzard how to handle this PR nightmare. Stock price falling. Time is not on their side.

Good faith gesture would be to release FREE windowed Diablo1 via Blizzard app to those with registered Blizzard games. Second provide something tangible. If can't divulge D2 Remaster, D3 DLC, or D4, then perhaps future D3 patches. Like 2.7 patch QoL requests, paragon revamp, never-ending rifts. Release something. Improve access to existing support help posts and error codes/tech issues/solutions by adding FAQ/tech issue lookup via Blizzard app. Such has potential to reduce need for web ticket, phone back, live chat. New forum layout could mitigate forum negativity. Add requested Dev Tracker / Blue Tracker. Add performance guides for all Blizzard games similar to "GUIDE: Maximizing System Performance for Overwatch (PC)"

Unfortunately, Activision Blizzard has its own perspective, which doesn't mirror the Diablo community. 4000 posts vs MAU in the millions. (monthly active users)
The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Activision Blizzard's 3rd Quarter
The industry is crowded with lots of new games

Financially, Activision Blizzard delivered a quarter that met expectations, but the continued decline in MAUs in segments that include important franchises stands out as a major negative.

It's worth noting that these player losses are happening at a time when "battle royale" shooters, such as Epic Games' Fortnite, have become ingrained in pop culture. Aside from the success of annual releases of existing franchises like Call of Duty, Activision hasn't released a wholly new franchise since Overwatch in 2016.

The gaming industry is booming, and more games are being released than ever before. It's clear that at least for the time being, some players are trying out these new games at Activision's expense.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/11/18/the-good-bad-and-ugly-of-activision-blizzards-3rd.aspx
This has gotten so bad that some of the posters here have missed the point. It is no longer solely about Diablo Immortal, the lack of any Diablo PC announcements or even Blizzcon. These are all part of a larger issue.

The main issue here is the utter apathy Blizzard continues to treat its fans and customers by regurgitating two similar corporate messages about listening and engaging, while doing absolutely nothing of the sort. Over 4k posts and still no engagement whatsoever.

This isn't a product planning disaster, this is a full blown PR communication disaster.
12/03/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Adda
Is it ridiculous that you're still going on about this, so long after BlizzCon, like a 10 year old child? Absolutely
This is a major crisis for Blizzard; it's not some random news story that blows over in 3 days or less. The situation is more complex and serious than you realize or give credit for.

It goes to the heart of Blizzard's identity and reputation as a game developer - who they really are today compared to who they were 10 years ago.

If you think asking the tough questions and posting stinging critical feedback is childish then you are totally missing the point and have proven again you still do not understand the situation Blizzard have got themselves in.

12/03/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Adda
The problem with gamers now a days, is they believe they are entitled. Since when did creators have to oblige by what the user wanted? It was never a thing in the past. Gamers didn't use to get reveals about the next best thing, when it was ready to come out, that's when we got it. Now a days, everyone believes they deserve this, or things should go their way, or it's out with the pitchforks. It's quite sad to be honest.
This has nothing to do with entitlement. It was a massive PR disaster that blew up spectacularly in Blizzard's face.

Blizzard hyped up BlizzCon through the use of "multiple projects". Coupled with the fact that Diablo has been starved of content for the past 4 years, it was reasonable for fans to anticipate a major Diablo for PC announcement. That never happened and a mobile game got shown instead. This had a big bait-and-switch connotation about it.

Blizzard did not expect the reaction they got because they were so sure that fans would welcome such an announcement. This is evidence to the accusation that Blizzard have drifted away from their fans and no longer understand their own player base. This is evidence of Blizzard thinking they know better when they clearly don't. This is evidence of Blizzard being no longer the great game company they once were.

Former Blizzard developer, Mark Kern, explains this the best through his tweets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAaAYsJJjCw

Blizzard screwed up royal. Yet you place the blame entirely on the players. And you wonder why you are getting downvotes.
12/03/2018 08:12 PMPosted by shadowcat129
There is nothing I read from the Kotaku article/leak that makes me believe that Blizzard has any idea what it is doing with Diablo or that Activision won't stick their nose into it and fill it with microtransactions because they are upset that there is no long-term monetization scheme in Diablo games. (At least until Diablo Immortal comes out.)

That article at least says that Blizz's business execs (suits) knew that D3 was a giant screw up, a huge mess, etc... They knew it wasn't want the fans wanted. They will show it when we get D4. If it is what D3 should've been from day one then we will not only know that the article proves to be true. But also it will show that the suits understand Diablo better than the D3 devs ever did.
12/03/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Chipoodle
NeverListens is that you?

Good one Anon :D Have my upvote.
12/03/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Hypersonic

Former Blizzard developer, Mark Kern, explains this the best through his tweets:
[quote]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAaAYsJJjCw

Blizzard screwed up royal. Yet you place the blame entirely on the players. And you wonder why you are getting downvotes.

Game Developing is an form of Art and gamers are tough judges .
After reading the blue post, I have very, but not complete nothing, little hope for D3.

At least they kinda admitted they have "multiple Diablo projects" to be revealed in 2019. But is that enough for now?

After all that lackluster Blizzcon and meaningless "multiple projects" posts, NO absolutely NO.

Some game companies nowadays reveal what they are creating at the moment, to receive feedbacks and players' point of views. It can be productive or sometimes disastrous, if not met with expectation. But at least people can hope for something, and latch onto the current game for better future. You need to tell us the plan, instead of showing it like in mid-2019. After the !@#$fest of Blizzcon 2019 and D:I, there's no more of your philosophy of "if the game sucks, we can scrap the whole thing during development". You are the one who ditched that whole thing in the first place. Stop being all secrets and come out to the light. Share your thought with your fans.

Stating the roadmap for the franchise is a good start for better communication and PR.
Stocks at 46
F
All these negative comments, down votes, bad reviews, negative thoughts and even the ones threatening to leave the franchise for good. You'll all be the first ones back here on your knees, praising Blizzard, when we finally get to see what's next.

Umm thats the reason why i didnt buy Battlefield5... or to a lesser extent, Fallout76. Blizzard need to embark on the long road back to earning my dollars. Coz i sure as hell wont give a crap about them, till they give a crap about us.
12/03/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Systemworks
This has gotten so bad that some of the posters here have missed the point. It is no longer solely about Diablo Immortal, the lack of any Diablo PC announcements or even Blizzcon. These are all part of a larger issue.

The main issue here is the utter apathy Blizzard continues to treat its fans and customers by regurgitating two similar corporate messages about listening and engaging, while doing absolutely nothing of the sort. Over 4k posts and still no engagement whatsoever.

This isn't a product planning disaster, this is a full blown PR communication disaster.

thank you, glad someone has still a working brain. (I'm not trolling)
A complete Month has gone by and we heard nothing from you except we hear you? Sorry boys but no this is not acceptable hf with ur handy game players i am out Peace!

If they release D4 I will probably be very interested... if the reviews show that its going to be worth my money. But at some point the idea to invest into a crap company with a good game creates a conflict. Even if I end up buying D4 and enjoy it I wont "praise" blizzard for it. I gave them my money. Thats all the gratification they deserve after all the years of deception and other crap they put us through.

Love the game, hate the company is its own little hell we can suffer through.
With all due respect, you guys have lost the community's trust.
For years you guys have seemingly abandoned us with few to no patches besides minor gameplay updates as well as the 2 "expansions" (paid dlc's) that brought crusader and necro. Well, besides removing a large number of support builds a few seasons ago (most notably WD which caused me to stop playing the game until a month ago).

You guys rarely engaged with the community, so when we finally hear about "something's gonna be announced at 2018 Blizzcon", to hear that said announcement is a mobile game that nobody (but China, according to sources) had been asking for was more than a giant kick in the nuts to us players, and just showed that our years of patience for a major update were once again tossed aside in favor of a cash grab (we know that it's going to be full of micro transactions).

Then after this outrage, there was not even a hint of an apology or guilt for throwing everyone off. All we have received thus far are canned responses of "we listen to the community". That's just kicking them while they're down.

De facto part of this is that the dev team has lost the respect and trust of the community, and it's going to be a long time before it's earned back.

Oh, and for those saying that we're "entitled" whiny children for this, I encourage you to read Mark Kern's (D2 dev who worked all over the place @ Blizzard)twitter thread. I can't find the thread itself, but here's a video that contains it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAaAYsJJjCw
So, first we get we hear you we're thinking about it. Then two weeks later we get we hear you we're thinking about it. I sure am glad I dumped your stock at blizzcon.
11/29/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Nevalistis
We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.

- The Diablo Teams -

I die inside i read 'projects' in this context. What is it? Until you say its a PC game I assume its a pile of nothing.
I agree with the general consensus here 100%. But the fact of the matter is the people who made the Diablo franchise great in the past are all gone, what's left is little more than an unholy abomination of fanic writers combined with microtransaction pushers and shareholder sycophants. They don't know, nor do they care what we actually want or what makes a good ARPG, and I doubt they have either the intention or the ability to create a game that lives up to the Diablo name.

If D4 ever comes (and that's a big IF), be prepared for 12 different editions, copious day 1 DLCs and endless product tie-ins with mountain dew and frozen pizzas. Oh yeah, and expect game "journalists" to brand us all misogynist and/or racist pigs for hating it, too.

I'm sorry to have to say it but Diablo is dead folks.
A Quick Word from Blizzard
"NO"
should be highlight in rainbow color too, so you can show support to LGBT or whatever