A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 209 210 211 260 Next
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

With all due respect, I'm sorry, but there is no way this is true. You may be listening now (after alienating your primary customer base and your stocks plummeting) but you folks completely turned a deaf ear and a blind eye to your community. For all appearances, you have completely forgotten who your customers are. You are failing to show your gratitude to, and failing to show respect for, a deserving fanbase that has made Blizzard what it is (or was). W/O your NA / EU fan base, what do you really have? Yet your attitude seems to be "screw those guys! Lets go to China!" I must ask you – (ignoring all business related reasoning for the moment) for a company that appears to be so concerned with social justice issues, have you not considered China's many, many documented human rights violations? This is who you want to align yourself with?

I have played Blizzard games since WC1. I have played WoW since about 6mos into it's Vanilla launch. After your Diablo Immortal announcement, and info subsequently released over the next couple days following, I cancelled my WoW sub. While I find it hard to let go, I find myself constantly asking why you deserve any more business from me. The problem is, as of right now, I can’t think of a reason.

I hope you sort things out. I believe in forgiveness and second chances. I am hoping for an opportunity, soon, to see a way in which I feel I can support a company that I have so enjoyed in the past.

Truly Best Wishes
12/06/2018 11:19 AMPosted by JoeBones

With all due respect, I'm sorry, but there is no way this is true. You may be listening now (after alienating your primary customer base and your stocks plummeting) but you folks completely turned a deaf ear and a blind eye to your community. For all appearances, you have completely forgotten who your customers are. You are failing to show your gratitude to, and failing to show respect for, a deserving fanbase that has made Blizzard what it is (or was). W/O your NA / EU fan base, what do you really have? Yet your attitude seems to be "screw those guys! Lets go to China!" I must ask you – (ignoring all business related reasoning for the moment) for a company that appears to be so concerned with social justice issues, have you not considered China's many, many documented human rights violations? This is who you want to align yourself with?

I have played Blizzard games since WC1. I have played WoW since about 6mos into it's Vanilla launch. After your Diablo Immortal announcement, and info subsequently released over the next couple days following, I cancelled my WoW sub. While I find it hard to let go, I find myself constantly asking why you deserve any more business from me. The problem is, as of right now, I can’t think of a reason.

I hope you sort things out. I believe in forgiveness and second chances. I am hoping for an opportunity, soon, to see a way in which I feel I can support a company that I have so enjoyed in the past.

Truly Best Wishes

3 posts lol

Dude, keep your work inside Blizz and let Forums for the customers, please.
12/05/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Cybah
This is not Blizzard-worthy.

No it is Activision-worthy. Sadly as more and more time passes we can see their influence changing the company we loved that just made great games.
12/06/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Nitroman

3 posts lol

It seems, from reading your brief brush-off to my response, that you think that I don't post enough to have an opinion? And/Or you think that I work for Blizzard? If you think I'm schilling for them, I don't think you read my post. Maybe I misunderstood your post? That aside, I want to be clear, I do NOT work for Blizzard. I am, in fact, a customer. The reason for my lack of posting is that my real life responsibilities typically do not allow me to be concerned with this sort of thing and I tend to prefer to remain silent. With Blizzard's current direction, I no longer felt that I could remain silent. Although, not to worry! You'll likely not hear from me again. I just don't have the time. Best wishes in all your endeavors Nitroman!
So? I have 9 posts.
In all the years of playing D2, D3 and occasionally WoW..
I've never felt the desire to post/reply to anything, until "A quick word.." was posted.
12/06/2018 11:49 AMPosted by JoeBones

3 posts lol

It seems, from reading your brief brush-off to my response, that you think that I don't post enough to have an opinion? And/Or you think that I work for Blizzard? If you think I'm schilling for them, I don't think you read my post. Maybe I misunderstood your post? That aside, I want to be clear, I do NOT work for Blizzard. I am, in fact, a customer. The reason for my lack of posting is that my real life responsibilities typically do not allow me to be concerned with this sort of thing and I tend to prefer to remain silent. With Blizzard's current direction, I no longer felt that I could remain silent. Although, not to worry! You'll likely not hear from me again. I just don't have the time. Best wishes in all your endeavors Nitroman!

Just a friendly reminder, you can use the arrow on the right hand side of someone's post to put them on ignore. Good way to cull trolls.
Considering Activision/Blizzard has plenty of action/e-sport titles to adapt to mobile
console use, (aka The Switch), so why they did they decide to blow the resources better used on the next Diablo 3 update/patch, (if not better invested on the creation of Diablo 4)....Unless, oh no....We are looking at what they conceive Diablo 4 will be!!!!!! NO!!!...(begins crying and hugging PC).....I wont give in to market forces! I'm not buying what's nothing more then a Game-boy 'Next Generation' to play Diablo 4 on; if/or when it finally comes out!
Considering Activision/Blizzard has plenty of action/e-sport titles to adapt to mobile
console use, (aka The Switch), so why did they decide to blow resources better spent on the next Diablo 3 update/patch, (if not better invested on the creation of Diablo 4)?....Unless, oh no....We are looking at what they conceive Diablo 4 will be!! NO!!!...(begins crying and hugging PC).....I won't give in to market forces! I'm not buying what's nothing more then a 'Game-boy: The Next Generation'; just so I can finally play Diablo 4; if/or when it finally comes out!

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

Yah... you don’t though hence why you got booed off the stage. You guys have severely mismanaged this IP and I’m not just talking Diablo Immortal. With no major releases in 2018, shares prices falling, and nothing but lip service. It seems time for daddy Activision to come in and clean house. It’s a real bummer for me somone who grew up on great Blizzard games to watch you guys make terrible decisions over and over. Further its so incredibly frustrating to see players on the forums constantly giving amazing feedback on how to make D3 a great game only to be ignored again and again for years.

So, no you don’t hear us, and its been a long time since you did. Best of luck.

/rekt
Aren’t you thankful?
I doubled it too!
This is to the corporate execs. Not the devs: Please know that your core base can see through PR lip-service, and you also know that the Diablo franchise is a multi- generational one. Your fans include young and old and everyone in between.
Don’t be so stingy, please. With updates, with communication, with actual content. I’m not saying make a bunch of crappy little updates. But we don’t like being kept in the dark or misled. You say you keep quiet precisely NOT to mislead, but your corporate execs don’t seem to care one way or another. Showing us a mobile game was a shallow product built for a different demographic.
11/29/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Nevalistis
We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.

- The Diablo Teams -

Copy, paste, copy, paste. Do you still have a soul or has Actiblizard taken that from you too?
Blizzard if you truly hear us why don't you tell us WHAT IT IS YOU HEAR? Is it that !@#$ing difficult to do that? No it's not but instead you'd rather stick your head in the dirt and create a game no one asked for. Maybe you should try actually communicating with your fan base!

Stop acting like a bunch of stuck up dweebs Blizzard.
Blizzard if you truly hear us why don't you tell us WHAT IT IS YOU HEAR? Is it that !@#$ing difficult to do that? No it's not but instead you'd rather stick your head in the dirt and create a game no one asked for. Maybe you should try actually communicating with your fan base!

Stop acting like a bunch of stuck up dweebs Blizzard.
You want us to enjoy the Double Bounty Cache buff? Then end S15 on December 16 as it was estimated and start S16 on December 21, let us have the buff for 2-3 weeks.
Patch seasonal only and don't drop the patch on non-season before January 11 and even the "era leaderboards" wont be screwed and don't let S16 count into the era leaderboards, plus people still have time to push there if they really want to do that.

Thanks for reading this and please consider it!
we hear you, we hear you want more content, we hear you want to expand the ip you have played for 14yrs of your life, we hear you want to play...So....We hear you, but won't do anything about it. thanks, we hear you too.
Fire your community managers and start fresh. That will show me you care. Your current community managers have lost our faith and don't have a good understanding what the community wants or needs. Take ownership and apologize for the disappointment at blizzcon.
12/06/2018 11:19 AMPosted by JoeBones
I must ask you – (ignoring all business related reasoning for the moment) for a company that appears to be so concerned with social justice issues, have you not considered China's many, many documented human rights violations? This is who you want to align yourself with?

There are about a billion people in China and no doubt Blizz wants some of those people playing their games.

Fun fact, China has strict gaming laws. Anyone outside of China just cannot send their games over there for people to buy. In order for a developer to have a presence there they need a local developer to help them secure a license for their games.

Needing their help with gaming has nothing to do with anything bad a country does. It doesn't support them in the bad things that they are doing.

3 posts lol

It is obvious he is upset, and I do believe your problem is that you don't want anyone to be forgiving. I can be forgiving as long as you show true repentance. Taking the right action to show it will be the key. Now for me, the action might be different than what it would for others. Steps that might be impossible for them to do at this point, that is without a lot of red tape. Add in the possibility of some actions that could haunt them, even though it might please the fans the most.

Also if you take a gander at all 200+ pages you will see a good number of ones that have a low post count. These are ones like the one that you replied to hastily that normally don't say anything at all. Bringing them out of the wood works is really saying something. Add that in to content creators that make youtube videos where some of the responses to the videos that they make are toxic towards them.

They act as if the content creators of this game are working for Blizz. The level of hate is huge at this point and only the right kind of action will turn things around.

12/06/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Kimosway
Fire your community managers and start fresh. That will show me you care. Your current community managers have lost our faith and don't have a good understanding what the community wants or needs. Take ownership and apologize for the disappointment at blizzcon.

Wanting Blizz to look at the CM as the perfect scapegoat is the wrong way to go about it. She is just the mouthpiece of Blizz. She has to do what her superiors tell her to do. She cannot say more than what they tell her to tell us.

Occam's Razor at least tells me that she has no doubt been hamstrung by Blizz. It is the only logical reason why she hasn't been posting as much as she would need to post. Probably loading her up with other assignments that her superiors mark as a higher priority than posting.
We want to start by saying we hear you

Do you really? Fans are afraid not just for Diablo but for other franchises as well, now that all Blizzard games are getting a mobile version. If these games are financially successful, who cares whether we PC/Console fans get abandoned? Blizzard will have no more incentive to even make a PC game.

If you really listen to us, just say it outright whether you have something for PC or consoles. Your "multiple projects" excuse won't work if they are not for us.

We wont stop you from moving away from PC/Console. But don't pretend that you care.
12/06/2018 07:02 PMPosted by ShadowAegis

Wanting Blizz to look at the CM as the perfect scapegoat is the wrong way to go about it. She is just the mouthpiece of Blizz. She has to do what her superiors tell her to do. She cannot say more than what they tell her to tell us.

[/quote]

A mouthpiece of Blizz is innocent?
What if i pay someone to punch your face. Am i the one being charge or the person who punch your face?
She is the one who communicate with us and she must take the responsibility from all our feedback. And she also have an option to say NO. But she didn't.
Path of Exile Betrayal is out today.
https://www.pathofexile.com/game
For all the true ARPG fans. :)