A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 214 215 216 270 Next
100% SOLO laddder would fix a lot of unfair stuff.
solo players with 150 lvl gem and p lvls that there is no way in hell they cud really get playing true solo. lots and lot's of us ask for this ever day hell POE GOT IT WAY NOT DIABLO 3 I STARTED PLAYING RIGHT WHEN DIABLO 3 COME OUT RIGHT ON THE SAME DAY hopeing we one day would get this pls pls pls add this ty
12/11/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Radwal
I am still waiting for those things. Immortal was first one, where is the rest of greatness for this year?

this!

well, they still have 2,5 weeks for it. :o)
12/12/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Kelturion
I am still waiting for those things. Immortal was first one, where is the rest of greatness for this year?

this!

well, they still have 2,5 weeks for it. :o)

The switch version no?

A, hum, wise man once said "Sometimes evil things take longer ..." - dont forget. ^^
12/11/2018 11:20 PMPosted by OSGAC
so whats the betting we dont get an update again this year now.

also funny how the other day the wow community team did a live stream with a dev about the latest patch just imagine if our community team could manage that, but seeing as they cant manage to actually post on here outside of canned vague responses i some how dont expect it.

That is something that I have been saying in a different way. All other titles of Blizz get more communication from the devs than this game does. They don't need to look any further than their own back yard to learn how to improve on communicating with us. But still, we only get two small canned blips on the radar of communication, very sad, for some very sad pandas.
I have been thinking about the events leading up to this post and what the response has been from Blizzard thus far. I think the very title of this thread is itself an indication of either the lack of care on Blizzard's part or the complete detachment from their core audience that I believe exists. When you make an extremely poor choice and cause a lot of mistrust and anger in your consumer base, you should not just leave a quick word.

You took three days to respond in the first place so there was more than enough time for you to assess the situation, which it is clear from your response that you did not do, and prepare a full apology and give a clear explanation of what you are doing to repair the damage done to your community. This you did not do. You posted a simple, we are listening and will get back to you. That would have been fine if you had posted that on the day of the incident while you were preparing a real release but instead you took 3 days to prepare nothing.

Then you waited 3 weeks before following up or acknowledging this issue at all and not only did you again fail to present any kind of information you pushed off the community again. This policy of kicking the can down the road rather than addressing the issues you have caused is only going to hurt you in the long run.

It is very shocking to see a company of your reputation and stature behaving in such a poor manner. It is very clear that there are internal issues in your business and it will/has shown in the quality of the products you produce. Hopefully this debacle will be the wake up call you need but from what you have shown so far, I doubt it.
"Our best devs moved to mobile" and "Our future is bright"... is just the right definition of an oxymoron towards your consumer bases.

Merry Xmas and Good luck in China. Greedy morons.
Now that is some good writing!
12/12/2018 09:17 AMPosted by DigChamp
I have been thinking about the events leading up to this post and what the response has been from Blizzard thus far. I think the very title of this thread is itself an indication of either the lack of care on Blizzard's part or the complete detachment from their core audience that I believe exists. When you make an extremely poor choice and cause a lot of mistrust and anger in your consumer base, you should not just leave a quick word.

You took three days to respond in the first place so there was more than enough time for you to assess the situation, which it is clear from your response that you did not do, and prepare a full apology and give a clear explanation of what you are doing to repair the damage done to your community. This you did not do. You posted a simple, we are listening and will get back to you. That would have been fine if you had posted that on the day of the incident while you were preparing a real release but instead you took 3 days to prepare nothing.

Then you waited 3 weeks before following up or acknowledging this issue at all and not only did you again fail to present any kind of information you pushed off the community again. This policy of kicking the can down the road rather than addressing the issues you have caused is only going to hurt you in the long run.

It is very shocking to see a company of your reputation and stature behaving in such a poor manner. It is very clear that there are internal issues in your business and it will/has shown in the quality of the products you produce. Hopefully this debacle will be the wake up call you need but from what you have shown so far, I doubt it.

Now that is some good writing!
12/12/2018 09:17 AMPosted by DigChamp

I try to figure out how your post would sound with the storyteller voice of Diablo 1.
12/12/2018 11:04 AMPosted by GloryJak
"Our best devs moved to mobile" and "Our future is bright"... is just the right definition of an oxymoron towards your consumer bases.

Merry Xmas and Good luck in China. Greedy morons.

I doubt that the only ones that could make a Diablo game right are Wyatt and company. They are likely the best devs for the job of bringing a D3 experience to mobile. That is what I think that we have here. That leaves room for other devs that would be better suited to bringing us PC players the Diablo game we deserve to get.
The weeks pass by, without any indication of any kind of response on the horizon.

Meanwhile, Path of Exile just launched one of the most complex and interesting leagues in their game's history. They are constantly in comtact with their playerbase. They fix broken content on a routine basis, and hell, the founder of the company chimes in all the time on reddit to update fans.

Contrast that to the way you treat the Diablo IP.

How little you must care for your fans, to spend so little time on your own conversation-controlled forums providing them with no updates or feedback.

I've been depressed about the state of Diablo since you launched the heavy load that was Diablo 3. You ruined my favorite game series and morphed it into an abomination, a mocking experience of what it should have been.

You never apologize. You merely trudge forward with your nose up in the air, as if nothing smells off to you.

But what you're cooking up is a hot batch of failure, and I personally can't wait to see you get your just desserts.

Well, they have put it pretty plainly in their second post on page 180:

"We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year"

Based on that, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything this year.
Start buy upping security against cheaters hacks and mods. these ruin any chance fair players have of enjoying the game in any sory of level playing field. trading was a fun if not addicting way to get cool gear. make uniques great again. create storage instead of relying on stupid chatracter mules this has to stop.
12/12/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Superchang
Meanwhile, Path of Exile just launched one of the most complex and interesting leagues in their game's history. They are constantly in comtact with their playerbase. They fix broken content on a routine basis, and hell, the founder of the company chimes in all the time on reddit to update fans.

If Blizz wants to improve their communication with us they have to look no further than their own back door. The rest of their titles receive more communication than we do, even Starcraft 2 gets better communication through a different website than the official forums, but they still talk to their players.

What will it take to finally get them to communicate to us. Does their stock have to drop to under $13 which would wipe out every gain made in the last 5 years to get their attention? Does Diablo Immortal have to fail real hard to get their attention?

Do they think that any planned further announcements really will be so great that we would not only forgive, but also forget the fiasco that was Blizzcon 2018? Do they know what it would take to come even close to doing that? To me that would take a miracle, a miracle of at least the equivalent of back to back Grand Slam home runs that would be what would be needed to tie the game let alone win the game. This is not just how I am feeling. It is no doubt how the majority of the fans are feeling. It gets worse the more time that goes by without any meaningful update to the problem.
11/29/2018 12:59 PMPosted by KushiSensei
11/29/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Katastroff
1- Doing some GRs to get better gear to do bigger GRs to get better gear.... Is that all there is to it?

yes. just like PoE you grind maps to get gear and maps to grind maps to get gear and maps, over and over and over.. and occasionally do Elder/Shaper. every aRPG has the same basis for an endgame. D3 just takes faster to get there.

Some people don't seem to understand that they can't talk about it due to NDA. they can't disclose any and all information regarding the projects that are in the works. This is as clear as it can get. If you can't accept that fact, that's on you. It's not going to change the fact that they won't share anything about the new projects until it's time for them to do so.

Also, if you think their response is "bad" - go check out what Bethesda did with their Fallout 76 fiasco. get some perspective.

"How dare you guys expect more from a company that used to be known for listening to the community and not screwing their bases over?"

11/29/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Nevalistis
We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.

- The Diablo Teams -

As has been pointed out numerous times now, words mean nothing at this point. You owe the players an apology, especially those that took PTO and paid hundreds of dollars to be able to attend Blizzcon because you hyped the community for what we thought was finally the long awaited D4 announcement.

You screwed the playerbase over. An apology is not going to fix this, but it will be the first step on the long road to recovering the trust and loyalty of the fans. The way you have treated the community is so saddening that I truly wonder if you guys will ever be able to start recovering from this.

The staff has completely lost touch with what made them great in the first place. You never listened to us, and you no longer think and anticipate what would happen. Even an INKLING of thought into what would be a grievous mistake would have told you that hyping up about a mobile game would have led to this hugely negative response from us players. It feels as though the dev team is full of no one who has a passion for the game and the community, and all that they care about is cash grabs.
I'd also say you focus on quantity not quality, which is half true (removing support sets from classes, most notably neutering WD support builds), but there have been no major patches besides necro release. Every season is almost exactly like the ones before it. Same metas, same classes, same everything.

You fail to listen to the community and you fail to possess even a notion of foresight when it comes to hyping the community after years of almost no communication to the players. And then you throw a complete curveball at the base and seemingly act confused why everyone's upset.

Oh, and for those of you saying that "you guys are overreacting it's not such a big deal", I should welcome you to the game since it's obvious that either a.) you have not been playing diablo for long at all, b.) you lack insight or c.) you haven't come to realize how much time has passed since we last heard anything about something new possibly coming to diablo
12/12/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Xephura

Well, they have put it pretty plainly in their second post on page 180:

"We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year"

Based on that, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything this year.

i was talking about the debacle from blizzcon and the topic of this thread where they hear us and are compiling a list if issues to address, nearly 2 months down and no actual conversation just two canned responses.

the multiple projects line means sod all as we know that nothings getting announced until blizzcon next year because thats how blizzard roles generally also they gotta sell them tickets to the diablo community again after this years sham of hyping it up in august then trying to temper said hype a couple of weeks (and after everyones forked over money and arranged travel plans for) blizzcon.

seems brandy and co still arnt allowed or arnt willing to converse directly with us about all the issues that have been pointed out so god help this community in the long run.
12/13/2018 12:54 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Do they think that any planned further announcements really will be so great that we would not only forgive, but also forget the fiasco that was Blizzcon 2018?
Given their near complete silence on BlizzCon, that appears to be exactly what they want; give it time, let it blow over, make announcements as planned and all will be forgiven and forgotten.
hey bliz i don't know if you know alredy but seems that your games are getting banned in china AHAH jokes on you!
Hey Neverlistens, 18 days for the promised diablo news this year, you can do it and post also a blog