A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 218 219 220 270 Next
Just checking in on my way to POE. Nothing new here. It's sad I used to only buy & play Blizzard games. No more.
It’s truly a shame how this company is being run.

Into the ground
12/12/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Superchang
The weeks pass by, without any indication of any kind of response on the horizon.

Meanwhile, Path of Exile just launched one of the most complex and interesting leagues in their game's history. They are constantly in comtact with their playerbase. They fix broken content on a routine basis, and hell, the founder of the company chimes in all the time on reddit to update fans.

Contrast that to the way you treat the Diablo IP.

How little you must care for your fans, to spend so little time on your own conversation-controlled forums providing them with no updates or feedback.

I've been depressed about the state of Diablo since you launched the heavy load that was Diablo 3. You ruined my favorite game series and morphed it into an abomination, a mocking experience of what it should have been.

You never apologize. You merely trudge forward with your nose up in the air, as if nothing smells off to you.

But what you're cooking up is a hot batch of failure, and I personally can't wait to see you get your just desserts.

I gave up on Blizz.
GGG is the new God.
Can't stop playing POE at all....Bed time went from 11:30 to 3:30.. xD
12/17/2018 03:34 PMPosted by cdm
Just checking in on my way to POE. Nothing new here. It's sad I used to only buy & play Blizzard games. No more.

Man PoE... just...

No...

No PoE.
Has there been a developer or CM response anywhere on the net about the bounty bug? I know they often post on twitter or reddit before they post here. Yes, I know it was probably something simple like they forgot to change the clock and it has been fixed quickly, but with most of the player base feeling ignored and abandoned, they should really take extra steps to communicate now and often.
12/17/2018 06:41 AMPosted by MCSgtD
I haven’t read the entire posts in here. Honestly, who has time to sit and read through 218 pages of posts that say the same thing? So if I repeat or echo others, my apologies.

I’m a long-time gamer (over three decades), having started back probably before the majority of you were born. The gaming industry is always changing, and you can either change with it or get left behind. As a kid, I spent more than my fair share of time in arcades. It was only natural to progress over to PC gaming when it was available. Back in the day PC gaming was king with console ports being an afterthought, at best. My kids, all grown adults now, are mostly console gamers with a touch of PC gaming such as Diablo, WOW, COD, etc. PC games are now the port from console, with a few exceptions. My grandkids play video games, and they play them on iPhones or tablets. It is where the gaming industry is moving to. Their kids will probably be using VR from a very young age or some other form of gaming medium that we don’t currently use I’ll wager. The gaming industry is always changing. You don’t have to like, but you do need to understand it.

Blizzard is a company that has a single goal, TO MAKE MONEY. We should want them to make money as it will keep them in business and will provide us with new games. The mobile phone game industry in China is huge! The potential for making money there is enormous for Blizzard. It would be rather stupid on their part not to want a piece of that market. It just makes good business sense. They are making that game available in the West as well as the East. You either buy and play, or you don’t.

I’m just as disappointed as everyone else that we didn’t get Diablo 4 announcement at BlizzCon, but I understand the reasoning for Diablo Immortal. With Activision and Blizzard merging, I’m honestly not surprised. Having been through a few mergers in my days the first few years are always about cutting costs and stabilizing the companies bottom line. We already hear rumors to this effect with developers being told to justify costs and such. It makes good business sense. Good for Activision\Blizzard, not so good for us.

At this point, no amount of complaining or venting on forums will change what Blizzard has planned. We can either adopt a wait and see attitude or run off to other games like PoE and what not. I won’t be playing Diablo Immortal as phone games are not for me, my eyes are too old. I’ll be staying with Diablo III because I enjoy it and I will hope for additional content or a Diablo 4 further down the road. Blizzard\Diablo has given me years of gaming enjoyment and I for one will not bail\jump ship just because they didn’t cater to my desires when I wanted them to. On the one hand I am sad that the newest Diablo title isn’t for PC, but on the other hand, I am pleased to see that a new generation\player group will be able to experience the game and keep the franchise alive.

Maybe you should have read more of the 200+ pages before posting. The issue has never been that Blizzard wants to expand their market or develop on new technologies. The issue is that this is a blatant cash grab with a substandard product and it is being touted as this great, new advance that the Diablo franchise and consumer base wants or needs. It is not, which is obvious if you merely read the posts on here and watch the backlash in the audience at the original announcement.

Most of Blizzard's audience may not be as old as you but many are plenty old enough to see through the corporate BS being shoveled down our throats here. You may not feel that the PC audience is large enough to justify making products for and it appears that Blizzard agrees with you but I think you will both end up very surprised when you find that the strong, active fan-base that Blizzard is known for dries up.

It may be that Blizzard no longer cares about having a strong, loyal fan-base that I would say is fairly unique among game companies. I can't think of another company that had such a following as Blizzard. But the way they have been behaving in the last few years is certainly not what built that loyalty and admiration.
I just found a book of demons(clone on diblo in paper) on steam and THAT have more content than actual game =D
Just when you think it can't get any worse it does. I just found out that there is a change to the end date of Season 15 and the start date of season 16 for a second time. Now the date that season 15 ends is on January 13th 2019 and season 16 starts January 18th 2019. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Add on top of it there was a nerf to one of the sets that doesn't make any sense and it was for the monk's Inna's set. It seems that Blizz was making a nerf to balance around the Ring buff in season 16 instead of keeping it where it was on the PTR they have nerfed it. So it looks like monk's will only have SWK WoL or the exploding palm set (forgot how to spell it). Along with a buff to the LoN which could mean more builds with that set that could push to the higher GRs now. I just don't know what to say. I was possibly looking forward to playing an Inna's LTK instead of SWK.

Here is a link to prove what I am saying for those that don't know it.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22820656/season-16-the-season-of-grandeur-begins-118-12-18-2018

The funny thing is... When everyone deleted their D3 and Blizz launcher, I didn't, because I still played HotS... then the news just broke about HotS. I guess I can join everyone else now.

Nothing left here for me, no longer their target audience.

Edit: Ahh nice, PoE patch is done updating. :)
12/18/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Opiate

The funny thing is... When everyone deleted their D3 and Blizz launcher, I didn't, because I still played HotS... then the news just broke about HotS. I guess I can join everyone else now.

Nothing left here for me, no longer their target audience.

Edit: Ahh nice, PoE patch is done updating. :)

Come on in. The water's warm.
Was there any of Blizzard Games without desaster this year? Even Overwatch just got burned beginning of Dec.
12/18/2018 11:44 PMPosted by Sorainthy
Was there any of Blizzard Games without desaster this year? Even Overwatch just got burned beginning of Dec.

Starcraft 2 I guess? lol
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

Blizz do you think it's normal listening us AFTER the bad decision to make Diablo Immoral for mobile phones ? (yes Immoral, I think it's a better title tho)
What do you want to hear now, complaining maybe ?
It's years that the D.comunity is asking for a new Diablo on PC and what did you present on Blizcon, a mobile game !
Shame on you guys.
its pain to see what you do to diablo franchise

i grew up with your game diablo 2, i played in internet cafe when i havent got pc in home

i never forget cow runs and while i was being a total noob a guy gived me buriza-do-kayon :D

thank you for good times blizzard, looking forward for a PC project. not a mobile game /spit

i take my time and play PoE, untill you manage to develop some diablo game on PC
Blizzards reaction to this has been vile at best, I don't think there is much more I can say that hasn't been said already.

Blizzcon Diable Immortal announcement is one thing but to then come out and commit to engagement, then negate on that just shows a lack of integrity and disdain towards us fans.

Communication is all we want
The company that made the games that shaped your childhood and provided endless fond memories is dead and gone. It has been for some time. The company that exists today is "Blizzard" in name only. The talent, leadership, and magic that made Blizzard, well, Blizzard, no longer exists.

People matter, and many of the good people left. Don't you see that's why so many tenured members of Blizzard left? They couldn't bear to see what their company was becoming and didn't want their names associated with it.

So you know what? Don't make Diablo 4. I hope it never sees the light of day. You know how the quickest way to ruin a movie franchise is to make a really crappy, unneeded sequel? That's what Diablo 4 is to me.

The company that exists now does not have the magic to do the title justice. The kindest thing Activision could do for us is to just let us have our fond memories and not turn the franchise into a parody of itself any more than it already is.

TLDR: There is no Blizzard left to be mad at, there is no Blizzard left to fanboy, and the company exists today is not capable of making the Diablo game you want - just let it go.
12/19/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Putridian
People matter, and many of the good people left. Don't you see that's why so many tenured members of Blizzard left? They couldn't bear to see what their company was becoming and didn't want their names associated with it.

It is not like there couldn't be anyone else to make Blizz games but the original developers of those games. That is insanity, saying that no one else could do it. Actually it is the ones that they hire that have a different vision of what the game means to them personally. Take WoW for example, I have no doubt that with the previous talent trees that there was a lot of fluff talents that were traps for new players. Why couldn't you just have those talents changed where they would still be useful for possibly some solo niche builds, or even some interesting raid builds that wasn't entirely meta but could still get the job done.

Kind of like how in PoE you can take almost any skill and crush low to mid tier maps with ease.

So you know what? Don't make Diablo 4. I hope it never sees the light of day. You know how the quickest way to ruin a movie franchise is to make a really crappy, unneeded sequel? That's what Diablo 4 is to me.

Things could be different for D4 if they hire the right group of devs. Then add Kotaku's article that said they are looking to embrace the darkness, along with other things that would be great for a Diablo game.

The company that exists now does not have the magic to do the title justice. The kindest thing Activision could do for us is to just let us have our fond memories and not turn the franchise into a parody of itself any more than it already is.

Until the day that I see it in the announcement and see the game demos is when I will pass judgement. Even though I do expect the worse, which is a simple mobile game with P2W micro transactions for China. I hope for the best that D4 is a kick butt PC game. Time will tell which side of the coin has fallen different bad, different good is hard to tell at this stage.
Blizzard people these days sound like that poor old guy who sleeps on streets and if you accidentally make eye contact with him , he starts to talk about his glorious days when he was very young and you just don't know weather to feel sad for the guy or just say "you made poor choices brother..."
Two boilerplate posts in 6 weeks. Very impressive feedback, Blizzard.
Man, I feel so heard and engaged right now. I forgot what a great feeling it was to get up in the morning, browse all the blue posts while drinking my coffee, taking in all the updates and tantalizing teases of upcoming releases...

...oh wait.

:|