A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 223 224 225 270 Next
The Pie was a Lie.
Several great articles and links to other great articles over on Diablofans. They are definitely worth a response from Blizzard.
12/29/2018 06:35 PMPosted by DoomBringer
12/28/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
A lot have, in fact, and it's frustrating to see how damn well their stupid radio silence works on the community at large, yet these money-hoarding morons simply couldn't give a damn about it.

I haven't given them a penny ever since DI announcement, so there's that. I encourage people who felt betrayed by Blizzard to not spend anything until you get a satisfying response.

As far as this game goes what else is there to buy outside of the necro pack.
Blizzard is dead, no comunications, no plane, nothing for the future Diablo PC franchise.
12/30/2018 10:56 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

I haven't given them a penny ever since DI announcement, so there's that. I encourage people who felt betrayed by Blizzard to not spend anything until you get a satisfying response.

It's not limited to Diablo. It includes their other games.
give to us free DLC necro please !
12/30/2018 10:56 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

I canceled an order for the Switch version, was on a break from WoW and decided not to go back until they give us some sort of confirmation of a PC release in the works (actual confirmation, not vague hints that could mean anything), I've not picked up BO4 even though I always buy the CoD games around xmas, not dropping a dime into Destiny 2. Just don't spend money on Any Acti-Blizz property.
This whole NOV/2 debacle is on par with the end of an era.

Any young person 12 to 30+ should read the writing on the walls and just stop wasting your precious time playing stupid games.

Chess is the only game that doesn't rot your brain.
Good to see you (@Blizzard) have the energy to censor this thread, but not the energy to respond to anyone in here. I'm reposting the message you deleted, but this time, without the symbols I used. Instead I'll use the word fluffy.

For proof see my original message embedded in a quote here:

• https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769689106?page=223#post-4445

@ShadowAegis
You talk about "keeping an open mind" multiple times as if that's some sort of magical place you can go to that suddenly makes all the fluffy that Blizzard has done over the last few years disappear.

You're talking about having to sit around and HOPE that Blizzard doesn't deploy the WORST CASE SCENARIO on you, and if they DON'T we should all be pleasantly surprised.

I don't stand for this type of thinking. Blizzard used to be the best. They used to produce content that I purchased without batting an eye. I didn't hope for them to do no harm...they actually DID NO HARM.

Now we've been reduced to people who have to "hope for the best, but expect the worst." This is a total trash way of thinking, and not something I EVER imagined we'd be discussing with respect to Blizzard.

I'm not telling you what to do, you go ahead and "keep your open mind". I'm moving on with everyone else. Blizzard will most likely never see another dime from me moving forward. Their mobile games can fluffy right off.
12/30/2018 08:04 PMPosted by iNSiPiD1
Good to see you (@Blizzard) have the energy to censor this thread, but not the energy to respond to anyone in here. I'm reposting the message you deleted, but this time, without the symbols I used. Instead I'll use the word fluffy.

@ShadowAegis
You talk about "keeping an open mind" multiple times as if that's some sort of magical place you can go to that suddenly makes all the fluffy that Blizzard has done over the last few years disappear.

You're talking about having to sit around and HOPE that Blizzard doesn't deploy the WORST CASE SCENARIO on you, and if they DON'T we should all be pleasantly surprised.

I don't stand for this type of thinking. Blizzard used to be the best. They used to produce content that I purchased without batting an eye. I didn't hope for them to do no harm...they actually DID NO HARM.

Now we've been reduced to people who have to "hope for the best, but expect the worst." This is a total trash way of thinking, and not something I EVER imagined we'd be discussing with respect to Blizzard.

I'm not telling you what to do, you go ahead and "keep your open mind". I'm moving on with everyone else. Blizzard will most likely never see another dime from me moving forward. Their mobile games can fluffy right off.

While there is nothing wrong with being mad, but you do have to control your anger. Showing it by not breaking the rules of posting on the forums. Otherwise your posts will get deleted. Knowing what words will definitely get a post deleted and maybe even some forum action is wise. That way what you say won't get deleted.

Anger can be expressed without profanity, sure it is hard in this world since profanity is so common place. But it is doable, I ought to know because like you I am concerned, angry, etc... a whole gamut of emotions concerning Diablo Immortal. This way of not using profanity is only showing some decency and respect for the rules that are here on the forums. There is no action that gives anyone the right to break the rules.

It is not saying that you should love what Blizz is doing. Just choose a different way of expressing yourself. One that will cause others to respect you more than the ones that you are mad at. Carrying yourself in a dignified matter, even though it is hard to do, will bring more dignity to you.
12/30/2018 08:04 PMPosted by iNSiPiD1

@ShadowAegis

To be fair @ShadowAegis is entitled to his own opinion. I personally find it a bit awkward that he essentially reposts this opinion a lot. I mean, yes, we get it now my friend.

The thing is, he and most likely a vast minority at this point like to keep said "open mind" or are downright still fanboyish to Blizzard Activision. The majority of the playerbase does not however, and ShadowAegis and likeminded people cannot generate enough revenue to keep this franchise alive if the bulk of the playerbase feel betrayed or misconceived. The relatively few people that participate on social media like these forums are indeed the relative few, but proven to voice the concerns and in broad, the opinions of the large audience that are silent and do not post on social media. The consensus simply is that communication has fallen short and it will cost them revenue. In this case, so much so, that i fear the franchise ended with Fiasco: Immortal.

If out of the blue they announce Diablo 4 PC game next month. The small minority that "kept and open mind" will not save its grace by any means.

Its too late. Too little.

It all boils down to communication and they simply failed at it. Be it deliberate or through incompetence.

I personally still lurk around here because its fascinating to me how these things unfold and cannot wait to see the backlash on said d4 announcement (it will happen). I imagine a dev (yes a dev, or a manager, not Neva) writing something similar too: "where does this negativity come from? Did we not give you what you wanted? D4 for PC is here man! Celebrate it! Why all the negativity and skeptisism? What's with all the meme's, why did D4 become a meme??")

Which obviously stems from what i wrote above and is a red line in my previous posts. This is not perse because the open minded people are retarded or anything, its because the majority of today`s playerbase is NOT open minded (which is truefully not bad thing, going to a bakery ask for bread and receive a slab of meat and the baker says you are not open minded if you don't like it), and a company has to anticipate on it.
i just uinstalled diablo 3 :D

get your things together blizzard :P
224 pages fulls of comunication. Ty Activision and Neverlistens
12/30/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Telamon
The thing is, he and most likely a vast minority at this point like to keep said "open mind" or are downright still fanboyish to Blizzard Activision.

If you have looked over my replies in this thread then you can clearly see why I feel the way that I do. You know that I don't play any other game that Blizz has right now other than this game when I want to play this game. I don't play WoW anymore and have never touched the other games. I fail to see how that makes me a fanboy. Also keeping an open mind is not being a fanboy. Instead it is being a realist. I won't be the type that will easily get sucked in by Blizz if they do make another great Diablo PC game. Where I would forgive them and forget the fiasco that was Blizzcon 2018.

Whereas others that just react might do just that. That type of thinking has been so successful in gaming that i have rarely wasted money on a game that I didn't enjoy. I usually get my money's worth out of a game.

That term fanboy is usually used here because those ones disagree in some way with the popular thoughts of the community. Instead of being following the hive mind, we are our own people with our own thoughts, feelings, reasoning, etc...

In this case, so much so, that i fear the franchise ended with Fiasco: Immortal.

If out of the blue they announce Diablo 4 PC game next month. The small minority that "kept and open mind" will not save its grace by any means.

You might get surprised when D4 is announced. That is why I keep an open mind, I have learned not to say never in any game. That happened once years ago in a game and I got burned on it. City of Heroes had a power pool set called Fitness. That set was so popular that players asked the devs to make it inherent. Where all of the powers would be part of the hero. I like others on the forms said that just won't happen. Even the devs chimed in and said that it would take a lot of work and it would not likely happen. But low and behold before the game shutdown the Fitness power pools set was made inherent. Where all characters would naturally get those powers during leveling.

That is what taught me to never say never about any game. Along with keeping an open mind, which I had already been doing in the real world anyway. Trying to say otherwise would be like saying that because of Diablo Immortal Blizz announced that they are no longer a PC game developer. Where all of their future titles will be mobile along with all existing titles will be converted to mobile. Also I could say that they even gave dates when it would happen. That is how silly it is to be closed minded.

Sure it is okay to be concerned as I am like many others. But keeping an open mind means that I won't get sucked in by any awesome PC Diablo game that they make. I won't get sucked in when they do start talking to us. More than just the table scrap communication. I will be very leery with them for a long while as far as this franchise goes. Just as I was when they announced Season only legendaries.

Which obviously stems from what i wrote above and is a red line in my previous posts. This is not perse because the open minded people are retarded or anything, its because the majority of today`s playerbase is NOT open minded (which is truefully not bad thing, going to a bakery ask for bread and receive a slab of meat and the baker says you are not open minded if you don't like it), and a company has to anticipate on it.

You have the wrong analogy, the open mindedness I am talking about is when they say they haven't forgotten the PC crowd and regurgitate the we have multiple teams working on multiple projects. I know that line can mean anything. But the majority here make it seem that the only thing Blizz has or ever will have is Diablo Immortal along with other things that are not games. That kind of close mindedness is what is wrong. Calling them a liar before we hear the announcements and see the proof in the pudding as far as demos. Along with the one day when either we or others are actually playing those PC Diablo games. Add to it any changes that they know they need to make in their other games to grow the player base in the positive direction.
12/31/2018 02:57 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
The thing is, he and most likely a vast minority at this point like to keep said "open mind" or are downright still fanboyish to Blizzard Activision.

If you have looked over my replies in this thread then you can clearly see why I feel the way that I do. You know that I don't play any other game that Blizz has right now other than this game when I want to play this game. I don't play WoW anymore and have never touched the other games. I fail to see how that makes me a fanboy. Also keeping an open mind is not being a fanboy. Instead it is being a realist. I won't be the type that will easily get sucked in by Blizz if they do make another great Diablo PC game. Where I would forgive them and forget the fiasco that was Blizzcon 2018.

Whereas others that just react might do just that. That type of thinking has been so successful in gaming that i have rarely wasted money on a game that I didn't enjoy. I usually get my money's worth out of a game.

That term fanboy is usually used here because those ones disagree in some way with the popular thoughts of the community. Instead of being following the hive mind, we are our own people with our own thoughts, feelings, reasoning, etc...

In this case, so much so, that i fear the franchise ended with Fiasco: Immortal.

You might get surprised when D4 is announced. That is why I keep an open mind, I have learned not to say never in any game. That happened once years ago in a game and I got burned on it. City of Heroes had a power pool set called Fitness. That set was so popular that players asked the devs to make it inherent. Where all of the powers would be part of the hero. I like others on the forms said that just won't happen. Even the devs chimed in and said that it would take a lot of work and it would not likely happen. But low and behold before the game shutdown the Fitness power pools set was made inherent. Where all characters would naturally get those powers during leveling.

That is what taught me to never say never about any game. Along with keeping an open mind, which I had already been doing in the real world anyway. Trying to say otherwise would be like saying that because of Diablo Immortal Blizz announced that they are no longer a PC game developer. Where all of their future titles will be mobile along with all existing titles will be converted to mobile. Also I could say that they even gave dates when it would happen. That is how silly it is to be closed minded.

Sure it is okay to be concerned as I am like many others. But keeping an open mind means that I won't get sucked in by any awesome PC Diablo game that they make. I won't get sucked in when they do start talking to us. More than just the table scrap communication. I will be very leery with them for a long while as far as this franchise goes. Just as I was when they announced Season only legendaries.

You have the wrong analogy, the open mindedness I am talking about is when they say they haven't forgotten the PC crowd and regurgitate the we have multiple teams working on multiple projects. I know that line can mean anything. But the majority here make it seem that the only thing Blizz has or ever will have is Diablo Immortal along with other things that are not games. That kind of close mindedness is what is wrong. Calling them a liar before we hear the announcements and see the proof in the pudding as far as demos. Along with the one day when either we or others are actually playing those PC Diablo games. Add to it any changes that they know they need to make in their other games to grow the player base in the positive direction.

Keep dreaming, this company is dead, Activi$ion rules now, if you expect smth good from these "devs".
Oh don’t mind me. Just me again. Nice to see that money I started giving you in 2004 is really coming back to me. Hands down best investment I’ve ever made. I always wanted someone I can talk to and get nothing. Thanks for being there for us. We are here for you.
12/31/2018 03:18 AMPosted by Thax
Keep dreaming, this company is dead, Activi$ion rules now, if you expect smth good from these "devs".

I am waiting till I get more evidence before I write them off. It is like being neutral since I don't have any evidence. Think of it as in science, I need empirical evidence before I make any conclusions. Otherwise I am jumping to rash conclusions that can easily be proven wrong. But taking the attitude of anything is possible is much better. Because then very little can surprise you and you should know that.

Ones like you have drawn conclusions on rash actions of Blizz. When that evidence is given it could cause you like others to instantly praise them. Where all Blizz has to do is hit a few home runs and they win everyone back. All because the players instantly flip back reacting to the actions of Blizz. Whereas with me I will still keep an eye on them concerning this franchise.
12/31/2018 09:41 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
12/31/2018 03:18 AMPosted by Thax

I am waiting till I get more evidence before I write them off. It is like being neutral since I don't have any evidence. Think of it as in science, I need empirical evidence before I make any conclusions. Otherwise I am jumping to rash conclusions that can easily be proven wrong. But taking the attitude of anything is possible is much better. Because then very little can surprise you and you should know that.

Ones like you have drawn conclusions on rash actions of Blizz. When that evidence is given it could cause you like others to instantly praise them. Where all Blizz has to do is hit a few home runs and they win everyone back. All because the players instantly flip back reacting to the actions of Blizz. Whereas with me I will still keep an eye on them concerning this franchise.

Ok we got it.
Can u stop flooding ? Or you like always MUST to answer to everyone with "the same crap" content because the world wont survive without your opinion ?
Why, just look at all the new Diablo job openings!

Maybe the leadership team listened to shareholders and the community (gasp), made some swift changes to the roadmap for D4, and are pounding hard for a reveal at this year's Blizzcon?

And will we give them money for D4, after all they've done to us?
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

These are only kind words. Nothing else but marketing. Just because you are trying to put across us that you are interested to hear the feedback nothing will change. There are many life quality changes and game mechanics problem that is known and you are doing nothing about solving them. But sadly you don't take much care on this game...
The truth is that you only want to make easy money. It is relatively easy to convert the game on other devices and sell it for users. But it is not a new content. Not a new game. And while you are doing this you forget about the main game's problem...

So you have good communication Blizz. But you are very ineffective when have to do something new or repair the worse mechanics....