A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 225 226 227 270 Next
ShadowAegis,

Go outside and take a walk. Jesus Christ.
01/01/2019 02:52 PMPosted by VLtone
ShadowAegis,

4500 posts, he may have half of them. Take a break dude.
Still awaiting ur reply Blizzard...
01/01/2019 09:33 AMPosted by Ladysia
11/29/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Nevalistis
We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.

- The Diablo Teams -

The past couple of months had I witnessed some worst crisis handling mechanisms in this industry along with what Bethesda had done with Fallout 76, which had already worsen EA's bad example of Star Wars Battlefront 2.

It seems all these major companies had grown too large in the past two decades that they are blinded by their pride and arrogance, accompanied with a jaw-dropping level of greed which are killing this industry at a remarkable speed.

Since when do game companies begin to focus on how much money they can milk from a single player instead of how many players can actually enjoy their products, which are once rated as a form of ART? Killing a hen to grab her eggs is not a wise move, and your audience are not going to be impressed.

The problem here with this particular crisis is that the fans who made you great and who you are today is deeply disappointed, and moreover frighten by these betrayal and neglectful moves you are conducting, that you are abandoning the ship that is not sinking but simply not as cheap to be maintained with them all on board. Yet, Blizzard is not aware of this, you think you know better of what fans want, and to make it worse, what fans deserve.

You are wrong.

What your fans want is simple: they still want a confirmation after all the despicable they have witnessed. A confirmation of that you still LOVE them. Why would you be so cruel not to even noticed? Or do you simply DON'T CARE? We had enough of ambiguous dodging and vague guessing.

Just tell us, is Diable IV exist as an on going project, and more importantly, is PC game still a thing in Blizzard?

Is this all that hard?
They just don't recognize that they are living in a bubble, a distorted reality far removed from who they once were.

Unable to understand how and why things have gone so wrong.
Unable to figure a way out in spite of all the sensible advice and feedback.
Unwilling to accept that they screwed up royal.
Unwilling to do what is necessary to win back the fans.
Too fixated on certain goals to care about anything else.

So sad that games to these companies is now nothing more than a means to an end - that end is corporate greed.
01/01/2019 02:07 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
01/01/2019 12:17 PMPosted by Superchang
I'm starting to feel like you're a Blizzard employee - here on the forums, your entire job seems to be watering down the conversation, supplying little in the way of objectivity, and generally spending hours replying with milquetoast responses?

Oh and you really believe that pride and greed cannot possibly affect people in smaller companies. Boy you don't know people like I do. Greed can hit anyone at any time. The only immunity is for those people to say no and make it stand. Where they won't let greed be their master. The same with pride as well. As long as you don't let those things master you then you will not have any problems regardless of how big the company is.

01/01/2019 01:11 PMPosted by iNSiPiD1
We all know Blizzard isn't shifting to "mobile only". They're still going to produce content for their existing IPs on the PC. The problem is that we have no faith in their ability to actually produce a fun game anymore.

I have full confidence they can build a roulette wheel and wrap a "video game" around it in an attempt to milk all of our money. I have NO confidence they understand how to produce a world class PC game anymore.

What type of fun are you talking about here games with a lot of real depth that can also at the same time be played by grandmothers similar to D1 and D2. Or are you talking about WoW's original depth which was the exact polar opposite to this games depth. WoW's original talents trees were the same problem that we have with sets only reverse. It was with talent points instead of sets that were designed to only back certain talents.

Again if Warcraft series actually had the D2 type of depth. Then you would have a point. But if it didn't then Blizz never really developed a good game that had real depth. No, I am not speaking about Blizz North which was Blizz in name only. I am speaking about Activision Blizz before Activision, actually before Vivendi Games.

I think I will look up the warcraft series to see just how much depth those games had since no one is willing to tell me about them.

I am beginning to think players are just thinking about D1 and D2. Those two weren't developed by Activision Blizzard. The were developed by Blizz North that isn't around anymore.

If the Warcraft series never had any real depth, just illusion of depth. Then that means that Blizz Irvine (pre Activision) never did make a game with real depth.

Who knows maybe Starcraft or the rest of their titles had real depth but no one is talking about that. This is what I am trying to find out. Here is an honest question that I need to have answered before I can move on from that point of yours.

Did Blizz Irvine (pre Activision (maybe pre Vivendi Games)) ever make a game that had real depth? Where the choices really mattered. Blizz North games of D1 and D2 don't count because that wasn't Blizz Irvine.

Man, I'm even *more* convinced now that you are an AI expirement with the sole purpose of dilluting conversation and causing distraction for people, specifically on this forum.

Every time you post lengthy diatribes of rambling nonsense, everyone's eyes kind of glaze over, making them less inspired to keep scrolling through your thousands of posts.

In fact, I'm certain you're some kind of plant / shill / employee / AI at this point.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Oh and you really believe that pride and greed cannot possibly affect people in smaller companies. Boy you don't know people like I do. Greed can hit anyone at any time. The only immunity is for those people to say no and make it stand. Where they won't let greed be their master. The same with pride as well. As long as you don't let those things master you then you will not have any problems regardless of how big the company is.

What type of fun are you talking about here games with a lot of real depth that can also at the same time be played by grandmothers similar to D1 and D2. Or are you talking about WoW's original depth which was the exact polar opposite to this games depth. WoW's original talents trees were the same problem that we have with sets only reverse. It was with talent points instead of sets that were designed to only back certain talents.

Again if Warcraft series actually had the D2 type of depth. Then you would have a point. But if it didn't then Blizz never really developed a good game that had real depth. No, I am not speaking about Blizz North which was Blizz in name only. I am speaking about Activision Blizz before Activision, actually before Vivendi Games.

I think I will look up the warcraft series to see just how much depth those games had since no one is willing to tell me about them.

I am beginning to think players are just thinking about D1 and D2. Those two weren't developed by Activision Blizzard. The were developed by Blizz North that isn't around anymore.

If the Warcraft series never had any real depth, just illusion of depth. Then that means that Blizz Irvine (pre Activision) never did make a game with real depth.

Who knows maybe Starcraft or the rest of their titles had real depth but no one is talking about that. This is what I am trying to find out. Here is an honest question that I need to have answered before I can move on from that point of yours.

Did Blizz Irvine (pre Activision (maybe pre Vivendi Games)) ever make a game that had real depth? Where the choices really mattered. Blizz North games of D1 and D2 don't count because that wasn't Blizz Irvine.

Man, I'm even *more* convinced now that you are an AI expirement with the sole purpose of dilluting conversation and causing distraction for people, specifically on this forum.

Every time you post lengthy diatribes of rambling nonsense, everyone's eyes kind of glaze over, making them less inspired to keep scrolling through your thousands of posts.

In fact, I'm certain you're some kind of plant / shill / employee / AI at this point.

i`m fairly certain he`s not a paid person to defend Blizzard Entertainment. Such people still behave differently. Never underestimate the human spectrum of motives or behaviours, something seen in the western world as normal can be wildly alien/strange in the asian world and vica versa.

He`s not a yes/no man, and made his point clear many a time across this thread. It seems he wants to stand out from the crowd being neither a fanboy or diminish himself to the hivemind but try and articulate a unique opinion. Mind me, there is nothing wrong with this, or his personal opinion.

There certainly is something wrong with him responding to every single mention of him or responding to the most well structured but "negative" responses to Blizzard at this point.

01/01/2019 03:02 PMPosted by Howdypardner
01/01/2019 02:52 PMPosted by VLtone
ShadowAegis,

While this is fairly funny, it has some truth to it.

I cannot even see one person in this thread that truefully made hate posts towards Blizzard because he or she is furious about this whole situation and wants to express their opinion as much as this person could, would be as copious or numerous as his so it does become a holy crusade in our point of view.

Which of course implies he must have a second agenda or is simply a fanatic by heart.

This is strange.
01/01/2019 09:35 PMPosted by Telamon
there is nothing wrong with this, or his personal opinion.

Exactly. I actually agree with most of his points. But posting this frequent at this time of the year is not healthy. I expect people to enjoy their vacation by leaving some issues behind.

Which of course implies he must have a second agenda or is simply a fanatic by heart

I doubt about second agenda unless he thinks silencing the masses or derailing the subject would help Blizzard to post here, which would be ridiculous. I'll go with the latter and nothing wrong about it either.
01/01/2019 02:46 PMPosted by naksiloth
There are many people who think like you but it's up to a person's view to sound their worry or not. Some of our worries run abit deeper than Diablo slip up, game depth or mobile gaming actually -wish I explained that part better.
It's about the direction that Blizzard take on some moral issues on data with their latest tailshift. We wonder if it's way too late to retreat for Blizzard right now, as we have no clues of the next move yet again.

So it is wrong for me to ask about Blizz's past games. Asking the players that have played them to show me Blizz's games that have actually had some real depth. Especially when those players have said that Blizz doesn't make games for gamers anymore. Which is a way of saying they don't make games for hardcore gamers.

I am trying to find out and i do sincerely want to know if Blizz has created games that had real depth. Where all of the choices matter. Where you had a wide variety of builds in rpgs, or other games that would be viable to clear the hardest content available. Games that would be similar to Blizz North's D1 and D2 as far as depth goes. If yes I want to know about these games. What is wrong with wanting to know that? What I don't get that because I am not a Yes Man/No Man puppet?

However your posts just saying nothing and derailing the thread by throwing yourself on the spotlight. Repeating same thing over and over again and an in vain attempt to discredit "anyone" who criticized Blizzard by slandering them with "profanity", won't make you rise above.

Become part of the hive mind (In Crowd) be our little puppet. Dance to our tunes, and jump as high as we tell you. All because you have no right to your own opinion, feelings, etc... Do you realize that if everyone joins that hive mind it could mean that the game would actually be worse. Because instead of having a wide variety of possible solutions that could lead to the real solution of the issue. You have everyone regurgitating the same suggestions over and over again. Then when those are used and they don't work. The game is worse and more people leave.

You have seen some of my own criticism, just because it is not laced with profanity doesn't mean that it isn't criticism. Just because it isn't the same exact way that others do it here doesn't make it criticism. But at this point I am still looking like a voice in the wilderness.

We're all sceptics and won't believe anything until we see it with our own eyes anyway. So you don't have to repeat it all over again as we certainly await some good news but treat anything they say as "hot air".

Treating everything that they say as hot air is fine for you. But it is wrong to be totally neutral. While I don't discount anything as possible. Where as the hot air system would say that all they are working in is Diablo Immortal. It is just not possible for them to be working on anything else and won't till Diablo Immortal is released. That is the hive mind thinking.

By reacting the impulse of many, you're only wasting your time at this time of the year rather than getting your point across on-repeat. No amount of consolation to the fanbase, nor blaming them would fix the issue or controversies revolving around Blizzard right now. Your opinion is like a drop in the middle of ocean and unimportant at the gaze of masses.

What it is wrong to tell others that greed and pride can hit anyone at any time. It is not just a thing for Big Mega Corporations. When I full well know that the only ones immune to those things are ones that won't allow such things to affect them. The ones that truly don't have a price.

I don't think you have to worry about Blizzard's well-being as their latest moves were logical and they're looking ways to recover from the latest crash in a calm manner. They'll be just okay in a few months.

Like others here I too am concerned and will remain that way till I here their announcements along with see their actions. Both words and actions are needed. It will take more than just banging out awesome games to change things for the better. It has to be backed up with way more communication from Blizz for many long years before the breach can be truly healed.
01/01/2019 06:11 PMPosted by Superchang

You really believe that pride and greed are only for the Mega Corporations. Then you don't know people very well. Greed and pride can hit anyone at any time regardless of their background or social standing. Greed and pride is not for just the rich and famous.

There certainly is something wrong with him responding to every single mention of him or responding to the most well structured but "negative" responses to Blizzard at this point.

I have learned a lot as others no doubt have as well. But I am gently reminding them that things like greed and pride as the quote was saying can befall anyone. It is not for the rich only.

Sometimes a well constructed post might not be as great as others think it is. There were no doubt some great well constructed post that led the devs to first add then remove things like shared Magic Find.

Some well constructed well articulated post might have ideas that just won't work. Take adding other PvP systems to this game. Won't work unless you make a lot of changes to the game. Trading is the same, along with other suggestions in threads like this one.
01/02/2019 12:14 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Some well constructed well articulated post might have ideas that just won't work.

It's up to Blizzard to filter. You have a weird sorta fever about this subject. I see your fanaticism and actually enjoy reading. But honestly how far you went?

Do you realize that if everyone joins that hive mind it could mean that the game would actually be worse.

True. We need every bit of voice no matter how different but try to tone it down for the sake of the healthy discussion later on.

Also have a nice vacation.
01/01/2019 12:17 PMPosted by Superchang
01/01/2019 11:36 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

I do believe that pride and greed can hit any size company and destroy it. It doesn't have to be solely the size of ones like EA or Activision Blizzard. The things that cause it to destroy those companies is because they have allowed it to destroy them. Due to being blinded by greed and pride.

I am also concerned that Blizz might be shifting to mobile only. I just hope that they are not doing that. Only time will tell, I will be waiting for their response in the form of announcements.

I'm starting to feel like you're a Blizzard employee - here on the forums, your entire job seems to be watering down the conversation, supplying little in the way of objectivity, and generally spending hours replying with milquetoast responses?

Back in a days every topic was filled with DeadRU and ShadowAegis troll(whiteknight edition) post's, so its makes sence. And i think it was one person - like true life "game" with "bad and not so bad" policimen.
If he not working for blizz i think he have some serious mental issue.
so nearly 2 months of "hearing" and still no talking ?
as far as i care DIE could be the best mobile arpg ever but ...

It is a pg diablo game.

It will force people who are into the lore to play it because its mobile only.

Finally while i do play some mobile games, i dont think my phone will run DIE anyway, and even if it does i belive the battery will run out quite fast, beatting the purpouse of it being a mobile game in the first place.

They simply put the Diablo name in that game to sell more, i belive it could have been better if they just created a new ip or at least went a little more cartony (like hs) in order to be at least an spin off but not a main tittle in the franchise.
With the utmost respect for everyone posting here, I'd like to ask that we please make an effort to keep the focus of the conversation on Blizzard and not so much on each other, if only to ensure the water stays as clear as possible. No, I'm not here to police anyone, but instead I would like to see us (collectively) keeping the heat on Blizzard and not overtly passionate posters.

Maybe I don't post in the Blizzard forums enough, or perhaps I'm simply too naive, but I can't say I've ever seen a company be so comfortable with exuding such a detached attitude with their fan base - especially when the majority is vocally 'disappointed' to say the least.

I simply can't fathom the level of arrogance it takes to pretend like 'everything is fine' when your stock resembles a downward sloped paint chart. "We hear you", they say, and despite hearing us we're left to quarrel with each other in Blizzard's deafening silence.

If Blizzard truly hears us, then wouldn't it be prudent for Blizzard to outline the changes they will be making to regain their fan base's trust, even if the changes aren't rolled out immediately?

i`m fairly certain he`s not a paid person to defend Blizzard Entertainment. Such people still behave differently. Never underestimate the human spectrum of motives or behaviours, something seen in the western world as normal can be wildly alien/strange in the asian world and vica versa.

He`s not a yes/no man, and made his point clear many a time across this thread. It seems he wants to stand out from the crowd being neither a fanboy or diminish himself to the hivemind but try and articulate a unique opinion. Mind me, there is nothing wrong with this, or his personal opinion.

While this is fairly funny, it has some truth to it.

I cannot even see one person in this thread that truefully made hate posts towards Blizzard because he or she is furious about this whole situation and wants to express their opinion as much as this person could, would be as copious or numerous as his so it does become a holy crusade in our point of view.

Which of course implies he must have a second agenda or is simply a fanatic by heart.

This is strange.

Think simply...( like Einstein said)
Just Decode his name:"Shadow=means a hidden person & Aegis=shield - defend" so he is a hidden guy(maybe employee from blizzard) and his job is to defend his boss..
I think I just pulled back the first layer of this onion.

Now I'm understanding just how deep this might run.

Here's a bullet point analysis of what I believe to be the current process at Blizzard for forum management and user engagement, including the ShadowAegis bot:

• Announce on forums that you value feedback and opinions
  • Witness the deluge of constructive and destructive critiscism
  • Know that you don't have the resources to manage the conversation here like you'd desire to (e.g. no YouTube takedowns / reuploads here)
  • Insert a ShadowAegis bot or lower level employee to "get involved in the conversation"
  • ShadowAegis posts random flights of fancy, questions without answers, choosing no side but "giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt" consistently
  • Users fall into a trap of responding to ShadowAegis, which is his/her intent to begin with
  • The posting deluge by ShadowAegis continues on, immediately dilluting the thread and throwing everyone off-topic
  • The cycle continues - endless ShadowAegis posts until the thread shrivels and dies
  • Rinse and repeat for any other "hostile" thread

I've worked with AI before, and specifically machine learning as it relates to user engagement and customer retention. I believe ShadowAegis is either directly employed by, or is somehow obligated to, Blizzard. All of the signs are there, even after removing my bias cap.
01/02/2019 01:56 PMPosted by Tillix
Just Decode his name:"Shadow=means a hidden person & Aegis=shield - defend" so he is a hidden guy(maybe employee from blizzard) and his job is to defend his boss..

You do know that in D2 rare shields dropped with that name. That is what I was thinking about when choosing the battletag.

I know everyone's ploy here. Get ones like me to tire out in some way. Where we either join the collective hive mind mentally (Think Venom). Where we have no right to our own opinion, thoughts, suggestions, feelings, etc... Or we just leave because we have tired out.

Then those that were looking for that starts partying. Then tells Blizz now since everyone is truly in agreement in how a Diablo game needs to be made and what to do with this game. Now you will make it for us personally. Worse case scenario is that they just might do it that way. In a way that could actually destroy the very game that you think you are making better. The best case is that they figure out the solutions all on their very own. All because the hive mind wouldn't be as useful as a truly diverse players base with a wide variety of opinions, thoughts feelings, etc... A middle ground would probably be a game that would just remain the same as it was when it launched. Where the only changes would be new content as far as things to do or a new class to play.

Don't come crying to me if I do prove out right at all. Because according to all of you here save for probably a very select few have the attitude that just because of Diablo Immortal Blizz (wait scratch Blizz) Activision will be a mobile game developing company from now on. Mr. Kotick said so at Blizzcon 2018. Along with information that all existing games that are PC/console will be converted to mobile only. Where it is impossible for any other PC game to be made. Yes that includes Warcraft 3 Reforged is mobile only.
01/02/2019 03:03 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
01/02/2019 01:56 PMPosted by Tillix

You do know that in D2 rare shields dropped with that name. That is what I was thinking about when choosing the battletag.

I know everyone's ploy here. Get ones like me to tire out in some way. Where we either join the collective hive mind mentally (Think Venom). Where we have no right to our own opinion, thoughts, suggestions, feelings, etc... Or we just leave because we have tired out.

Then those that were looking for that starts partying. Then tells Blizz now since everyone is truly in agreement in how a Diablo game needs to be made and what to do with this game. Now you will make it for us personally. Worse case scenario is that they just might do it that way. In a way that could actually destroy the very game that you think you are making better. The best case is that they figure out the solutions all on their very own. All because the hive mind wouldn't be as useful as a truly diverse players base with a wide variety of opinions, thoughts feelings, etc... A middle ground would probably be a game that would just remain the same as it was when it launched. Where the only changes would be new content as far as things to do or a new class to play.

Don't come crying to me if I do prove out right at all. Because according to all of you here save for probably a very select few have the attitude that just because of Diablo Immortal Blizz (wait scratch Blizz) Activision will be a mobile game developing company from now on. Mr. Kotick said so at Blizzcon 2018. Along with information that all existing games that are PC/console will be converted to mobile only. Where it is impossible for any other PC game to be made. Yes that includes Warcraft 3 Reforged is mobile only.

You keep saying the main argument of everyone here is that Blizzard is going "mobile only". That's not our argument at all. You keep going back to that because you need to create a false narrative.

The bottom line is that Blizzard is now a crappy company that makes crappy games. They are interested in mechanics that will milk as much money from you as possible, and NOT in mechanics that will be fun.

When Chang says that they "definitely don't consider how to make money off of a game until well into development" that's just taking us for gullible idiots. Huge corporations don't make games without considering every single dime that will be spent on it, and every single dime that it might generate. This is ON THE RECORD being said by Chang recently, and it's the kind of "taking us as dumbos" remark that is driving us away.
Hi there. I am confused. My game clearly shows that I am in season XIV. How is this possible. I have gone to level 70, then paragon to 529. After a greater rift I am now shown as level 37. All solo, and the game says the quest is complete.

I have been given rewards of all Helltooth armor.

Two quick questions,

1. How can I be on season 14? When will it end.

2. Will I get a tab? When.