A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 226 227 228 270 Next
Hi there. I am confused. My game clearly shows that I am in season XIV. How is this possible. I have gone to level 70, then paragon to 529. After a greater rift I am now shown as level 37. All solo, and the game says the quest is complete.

I have been given rewards of all Helltooth armor.

Two quick questions,

1. How can I be on season 14? When will it end.

2. Will I get a tab? When.,Hi there. I am confused. My game clearly shows that I am in season XIV. How is this possible. I have gone to level 70, then paragon to 529. After a greater rift I am now shown as level 37. All solo, and the game says the quest is complete.

I have been given rewards of all Helltooth armor.

Two quick questions,

1. How can I be on season 14? When will it end.

2. Will I get a tab? When.
Still no updates. Astonishing.
01/02/2019 05:48 PMPosted by iNSiPiD1
You keep saying the main argument of everyone here is that Blizzard is going "mobile only". That's not our argument at all. You keep going back to that because you need to create a false narrative.

The bottom line is that Blizzard is now a crappy company that makes crappy games. They are interested in mechanics that will milk as much money from you as possible, and NOT in mechanics that will be fun.

What is worse than mobile games, from what I have heard here mobile games are some of the worse games in the gaming industry. Going with the extreme views here that is the most logical choice.
01/02/2019 08:47 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
01/02/2019 05:48 PMPosted by iNSiPiD1
You keep saying the main argument of everyone here is that Blizzard is going "mobile only". That's not our argument at all. You keep going back to that because you need to create a false narrative.

The bottom line is that Blizzard is now a crappy company that makes crappy games. They are interested in mechanics that will milk as much money from you as possible, and NOT in mechanics that will be fun.

What is worse than mobile games, from what I have heard here mobile games are some of the worse games in the gaming industry. Going with the extreme views here that is the most logical choice.

So, basically you admit to not having read the comments?
The most logic choice... Makes it seem like you 'deduced' the problem. Like you read through many comments without clear statements, so that you can 'find out' what the problem is.
But that is not needed.
You write a lot to make yourself very clear, and to make sure you are not misunderstood. I respect that.
So,in an effort to end your war on everybody, or everybody's war on you, let me try to sum it up as simple as possible.
For you, and forpossible other readers/Blizzard:

-A mobile game is NOT the problem.
ONLY a mobile game (and nothing else) is the problem.
-The notion that Pc gamers at Blizzcon would be 'amazed and ecstatic' by ONLY a mobile game is the problem
-NO COMMUNICATION from Blizzard is the problem.
No statements, no apology, no forum posts, nothing.
-The (alleged) stance from Blizzard regarding their future is the problem.
Switching to an inferior platform, because of money, and trying to make everyone think it was with the utmost consideration of their fans in mind.
-Blizzard partnering with (and possible outsourcing to) a company that is well known for their incredibly bad business models, and lack of quality in their games is the problem.
-Talking about 'multiple projects' without giving the least bit of information is the problem.

These are the main problems.
Sure, many have problems with the mobile game itself. And for many good reasons. But that is NOT the reason for this outcry.
Again, the game itself IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Now, to adress a few things I keep reading over and over, that I want to give my two cents on (Personal oppinion, mind all of you):

-"Don't you guys have phones" was a VERY BAD choice of words, but I believe it did not come from a place of arrogance, rather from a state of disbelief. 'Everyone will be able to play it. Why aren't you happy?' (at least that's how it sounded to me)
Wyatt Cheng should apologise, but only because of his unfortunate, spur of the moment, wording.

-People complaining about negativ feedback. About negativ posts. About the amountof posts in here. But the FACT is, that Blizzard THEMSELVES asked for it.
They want Feedback. They NEED feedback.
And yes, of course I agree that insulting and raging is the wrong way to do it.
But downvoting and well thought out posts with lots of ideas are THE RIGHT WAY.
Staying silent because everything has been said once would be a MISTAKE.
Take the time to read this thread, even if just one or two comments per page. You will see how active and helpfull many, many Diablo fans are. Because that is what we all are. That is why this disaster brought us all here.

-The Hype problem:
Blizzard created the hype themselves.
Yes, they tried to lower expectations, but that was hardly an attempt.
I didn't even know about that blogpost until a few days after Blizzcon.
Yes, the fans might have read too much into it, but that does not mean that Blizzard is not at fault.
In this case I would say it was both sides that made it what it was.

-Nevalistis, aka Brandy:
She either does an incredibly poor job, or she is not allowed to do it better. I personally choose to believe the latter.
Even if she can't tell anything about future projects, more engagement would be helpful. But that is probably not up to her.

-'Multiple projects', and 'the future of Diablo looks so amazing'.
Another CM, whose name I can't think of right now, said that the negativity frustrates him, as the future of Diablo looks so amazing. And if we only knew.
And that is exactly the problem. We don't. IF we knew, we would either be extremely hyped, or even more pissed.
The fact that they keep saying 'Multiple projects' means nothing.
Because apart from those words we DON'T KNOW.
We don't know how amazing the future might look. We have NOTHING to go by, apart from empty words.
And without any communication from Blizzard that is not going to change. So how COULD we be excited?

-'Entitled Gamers':
We expect quality from Blizzard.
We expect Pc first mentality.
We expect them to listen.
Some people like to think that makes us entitled and whiny.
But what they fail to consider is that BLIZZARD itself is the reason for our expectation.
Blizzard always stood for quality, always talked about quality, always talked about games for gamers by gamers.
And for a long time they delivered.
Is it wrong for us to expect quality from someone who repeatedly assured us of their quality?
I don't think that is entitled.
Same as it's not entitled to expect great food from your favorite restaurant.

This went on way longer than I had planned, so I'll keep my last point short and precise.
What the majority of the players here want:

-Darker tone.
Dreadfull atmosphere.
Horror. Gore. A game for adults, as it's been before.
-Skilltrees.
Something where you ACTUALLY have to build your character.
-Build variety.
-Pvp
-Trading
-Runewords
-The feeling of their choices MATTERING. (Skills, Equip, Stats, etc)

What fans DEMAND:
-Diablo 2 Remaster
-Diablo 1 Remaster
-Information on Diablo 4
-A PC GAME

That is all for now.
I plan on doing another Video in this topic once I read this whole thread. (I am on page 84 so far, but starting from page 175 I read everythong after. And I mean EVERYTHING.)
Here's the first, if anyone is interested:
https://youtu.be/Rh7ooYtWEBI

One last word of advice to you, ShadowAegis:
We know your stance and opinions now, they are as valid as everyone's.
You do not need to keep answering everything. And most certainly not those who ask you to stop.
It's a forum,so you are free to talk, but maybe stick to the people who want to hear your side.

Thanks for reading,
Pandautz (Renegade Cactus)
I think the more fans ask the less likely it will be given. I mean dont we all feel like that, most of the times we dont like being asked, we like to want to offer something new without being asked.

In this case we didnt ask for a mobile game, and to them (Blizzard) a mobile game is the least that we expected, but they expected a different result.

But at this point its been going on for a long time and I think its already too late for whatever it is that they can give.

Maybe a druid class? or lets see, additional sets of items? A vampire class! Those would be fun. Whatever works!

Idk, Im a newbie so I might not get what everyone feeling. For now I'm still enjoying the game though.
Glad to see an unannounced project providing a Diablo experience come to light.

Wee-Hee??
The Loot Goblin amiibo™
Only $15.99, let the micro transactions begin!

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22820657/whee-hee-loot-goblin-amiibo-now-available-12-27-2018
01/02/2019 11:48 PMPosted by Pandautz
01/02/2019 08:47 PMPosted by ShadowAegis

The most logic choice... Makes it seem like you 'deduced' the problem. Like you read through many comments without clear statements, so that you can 'find out' what the problem is.
But that is not needed.
You write a lot to make yourself very clear, and to make sure you are not misunderstood. I respect that.
So,in an effort to end your war on everybody, or everybody's war on you, let me try to sum it up as simple as possible.

-The notion that Pc gamers at Blizzcon would be 'amazed and ecstatic' by ONLY a mobile game is the problem
Switching to an inferior platform, because of money, and trying to make everyone think it was with the utmost consideration of their fans in mind.
-Blizzard partnering with (and possible outsourcing to) a company that is well known for their incredibly bad business models, and lack of quality in their games is the problem.
-Talking about 'multiple projects' without giving the least bit of information is the problem.

These are the main problems.
Sure, many have problems with the mobile game itself. And for many good reasons. But that is NOT the reason for this outcry.
Again, the game itself IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Now, to adress a few things I keep reading over and over, that I want to give my two cents on (Personal oppinion, mind all of you):

-"Don't you guys have phones" was a VERY BAD choice of words, but I believe it did not come from a place of arrogance, rather from a state of disbelief. 'Everyone will be able to play it. Why aren't you happy?' (at least that's how it sounded to me)
Wyatt Cheng should apologise, but only because of his unfortunate, spur of the moment, wording.

-People complaining about negativ feedback. About negativ posts. About the amountof posts in here. But the FACT is, that Blizzard THEMSELVES asked for it.
They want Feedback. They NEED feedback.
And yes, of course I agree that insulting and raging is the wrong way to do it.
But downvoting and well thought out posts with lots of ideas are THE RIGHT WAY.
Staying silent because everything has been said once would be a MISTAKE.
Take the time to read this thread, even if just one or two comments per page. You will see how active and helpfull many, many Diablo fans are. Because that is what we all are. That is why this disaster brought us all here.

-The Hype problem:
Blizzard created the hype themselves.
Yes, they tried to lower expectations, but that was hardly an attempt.
I didn't even know about that blogpost until a few days after Blizzcon.
Yes, the fans might have read too much into it, but that does not mean that Blizzard is not at fault.
In this case I would say it was both sides that made it what it was.

-Nevalistis, aka Brandy:
She either does an incredibly poor job, or she is not allowed to do it better. I personally choose to believe the latter.
Even if she can't tell anything about future projects, more engagement would be helpful. But that is probably not up to her.

-'Multiple projects', and 'the future of Diablo looks so amazing'.
Another CM, whose name I can't think of right now, said that the negativity frustrates him, as the future of Diablo looks so amazing. And if we only knew.
And that is exactly the problem. We don't. IF we knew, we would either be extremely hyped, or even more pissed.
The fact that they keep saying 'Multiple projects' means nothing.
Because apart from those words we DON'T KNOW.
We don't know how amazing the future might look. We have NOTHING to go by, apart from empty words.
And without any communication from Blizzard that is not going to change. So how COULD we be excited?

-'Entitled Gamers':
We expect quality from Blizzard.
We expect Pc first mentality.
We expect them to listen.
Some people like to think that makes us entitled and whiny.
But what they fail to consider is that BLIZZARD itself is the reason for our expectation.
Blizzard always stood for quality, always talked about quality, always talked about games for gamers by gamers.
And for a long time they delivered.
Is it wrong for us to expect quality from someone who repeatedly assured us of their quality?
I don't think that is entitled.
Same as it's not entitled to expect great food from your favorite restaurant.

This went on way longer than I had planned, so I'll keep my last point short and precise.
What the majority of the players here want:

-Darker tone.
Dreadfull atmosphere.
Horror. Gore. A game for adults, as it's been before.
-Skilltrees.
Something where you ACTUALLY have to build your character.
-Build variety.
-Pvp
-Trading
-Runewords
-The feeling of their choices MATTERING. (Skills, Equip, Stats, etc)

What fans DEMAND:
-Diablo 2 Remaster
-Diablo 1 Remaster
-Information on Diablo 4
-A PC GAME

That is all for now.
I plan on doing another Video in this topic once I read this whole thread. (I am on page 84 so far, but starting from page 175 I read everythong after. And I mean EVERYTHING.)
Here's the first, if anyone is interested:
https://youtu.be/Rh7ooYtWEBI

One last word of advice to you, ShadowAegis:
We know your stance and opinions now, they are as valid as everyone's.
You do not need to keep answering everything. And most certainly not those who ask you to stop.
It's a forum,so you are free to talk, but maybe stick to the people who want to hear your side.

Thanks for reading,
Pandautz (Renegade Cactus)

Come on give this man a golden medal and MVP status for making one of the best explanations in here.

So Blizzard there are plenty of solid posts here, don't you think we, your community, deserve a comprehensive answer regarding all these future multiple projects you've mentioned 2 months ago? Don't worry we are good listeners too, and we also answer daily in your post :)

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope for a reply, at least during this year (insert evil laugh here)!!
I know this thread is dead, and no one who matters will read my long winded post, but i wanted to add something. Someone whos been with D3 since the start, and as someone who plays ALL the ARPG games, including the one now dominating the ARPG genre (its not D3)

Diablo as a franchise needs to really focus on more of a complex and deep game experience. I know the blizzard model of late has been super casual with a dash of hardcore...but POE is showing us you can go bat !@#$ crazy with complexity and appeal to casuals so interested in the game it makes them hardcore.

Basically you need to out POE the other guys, who initially out Diablo'ed D3. Return to your roots. Focus on the weakness of POE which is endgame while introducing mechanics that make that game so damn fun to reroll every league...mainly complexity in character build and progression mixed with unforgiving mob mechanics.

While personally i would love to see evolved Diablo in a 3D world with skyrim like melee combat and Destiny like ranged (using magic vs lasers ect)....ARPG is so perfectly paired with an isometric view it would be stupid to do that and ignore the norm.

You know what works, its right in front of you, D3 did amazing things with loot and endgame grind, POE did amazing things with progression and build depth. Its all right in front of you a mixture of both games if you will.

I just hope activision allows you to do the right thing.
01/03/2019 07:08 AMPosted by Crunchyblack
D3 did amazing things with loot and endgame grind

It's sarcasm ?
01/02/2019 06:36 PMPosted by Superchang
Still no updates. Astonishing.

we'l get something around july august again in a hype video to sell them blizzcon tickets like last year, gotta sell them tickets!!
01/03/2019 07:08 AMPosted by Crunchyblack
D3 did amazing things with loot and endgame grind

Loot has no distinguishing quality from one another and endgame is repetitive and has no diverse approach. Whoever designed it, didn't try hard enough and copy pasted what's told on reddit at the form of outcry. If D3 did something right it was "easily accessible action", nothing else.

Since loot is served to you on a golden platter it has little to no meaning to do higher difficulties when nearly everyone have access to it and it's bound to grind only. Finding loot has no spike of excitement on player at all, since anything short of perfect has no meaning in gameflow. And not everyone knows or recognizes a perfectly rolled gear at all without knowing how to optimize it. Development is aware of this design fault, that's why we have gamble-like activity in D3.
Hey Blizzard! Hey Diablo Devs! It's 2019 finally. It's time to roll all those "2019 Diablo announcements" you said that you will do in 2019.
I don't know how much I can contribute, but I wanted to add my thoughts. Though I am from the generation that was part of your initial fan base, I never played D1 or D2. My friends did. I regret that now. However, I was playing SC and SC:BW too much. So, my first experience with the Diablo franchise was D3. I actually really liked it through and through. The changes made over the years brought even better game play, loot, and endgame experience. Many of us didn't come to the franchise until D3.

So, a significant portion of your fan base is from D3 alone. I personally feel that going too far back to your roots may cause some of us to lose interest. But, it may not, either! I don't know.

I just wanted to be a voice for those of us who grew to love Diablo in its current incarnation. Those of us who would probably like to see at least some elements of D3 in the next Diablo. I don't envy the task ahead of you. You have two different generations of fans to appeal to. I imagine that will not be easy. Some sacrifices from each generation will probably have to be endured for the good of the franchise. And that's completely understandable.

Regardless of what Blizzard comes up with, I look forward to it. And my loyalty will undoubtedly draw me toward giving the next Diablo an honest try.

Thank you for taking the time to consider what I have to say. I know I am not the only one my voice represents.
Happy New Year, Activision! Or are you operating off the Chinese New Year these days? Either way, looking forward to another year of endless entertainment - not from your games, of course, but from the widespread journalistic coverage of your failings, brought about by the complete, repeated, and at this point, intentional disconnect with your fanbase.

Happy New Year and congratulations to Nevalistens as well, for another year of the easiest gig ever - copying and pasting sterile, soulless PR statements and minor patch notes. At least I think it's another year - she hasn't actually posted yet in 2019. We'll give her a few months. Hell, they might even shove her in front of a camera again for another round of fibbing to the community.

And finally, Happy New Year to all of you. From those of you still stuck in the denial stage of the Kubler-Ross grief model, to the still-outraged, to those of us who just check back here for laughs.

That quote had nothing to do with the main issues. It was targeting his comment alone. The only logical conclusion that would make sense is that Blizz has just shifted to being a mobile only game developing company. What better way to make cheap crappy games that milk people of money other than mobile. Since that is the normal business of mobile, or so I am told.

I have had the problem of being called fanboy, troll, shill, white knight, etc... If you can think of it I have probably been called it. All because I am not one of the hive mind group. Where I am not their puppet without any right to having my own thoughts, opinions, suggestions (both good and bad), feelings, etc... A puppet doesn't have those rights and I know that I have them. If I ever get to the point where I wind up crossing the point of no return of my patience with others here then you won't hear from me again. Which is what the hive mind wants.

The hive mind either wants people to convert to their way of thinking and Join Us (oops Venom plug). Or they keep using the ad hominem attacks along with appeal to emotions fallacy just to get you to leave out of frustration. Then they can party because now the only ones posting are the hive mind. Then they can tell Blizz you will be making this game or any other game for us personally. They would be the only ones providing the feedback. My patience is not infinite it does have its limits.

I need to separate this from other comments and you will see why in a moment.

Now I understand these issues and share them. But there are things that I have learned that maybe others didn't know about China and games. If a non Chinese game developer wanted to have a presence in China that they have to have a Chinese game developer help them get a license for their game that they want in China. Yet I get yelled at for stating that fact, you can even google it to see that I am not lying.

You have the ones that have said that I am defending Blizz. But those same ones never even acknowledged the fact that I have said many times in the past that communication is the life blood of any relationship. That Blizz needs to talk to us. Why in this very thread I have said more than once that this thread proves that we can be civil towards them and to a degree each other. Those closed minded individuals don't even want to acknowledge that. Maybe some have a hard time admitting when they are wrong, you know the "Fonzie Syndrome".

When Wyatt made that phone comment I got yelled at for not agreeing with the hive mind when I said that Blizz probably assumed that just because they are the ones making the game that we would love it even though we are the PC and Console master race. Where our chosen platform is PC or console. People can make false assumptions and believe them to be true. Just like about 150 years ago people thought that mercury was useful as a medicine. That was until mercury poisoning was discovered. They think that Wyatt done what he on purpose.

There are companies that do believe that they have the next big winner of a product or service. Look at how many of them have to be pulled or never see the light of day because it is not as good as they first thought it would be.

I am not saying that we should remain silent at all. There have been some well thought out posts in other threads on trading. Thinking that it is easy to add trading back to the game. I say that not unless you redesign the gear and the character progression trading is just not gonna work. But I still get yelled at because I didn't pat that one on the back for the best idea in the world. Even though I know that players don't want to play another type of trading game. They want to be able to find their own items that they can use to clear the highest difficulty that they want to play.

I agree with you on Brandy being hamstrung from doing her job the way that she should. Why is unknown, but I do know that it is the only logical choice. I use Occam's Razor in this case, which states that someone should choose the options that makes the fewest of assumptions. It wouldn't be logical for a person to decide not to do their job at or only do parts of it for extended periods of time. More so for a huge corporation.

But the problem with multiple projects is that the hive mind sees it as Blizz cannot possibly be working on any other game other than Diablo Immortal. They don't want to keep their minds open to any possibility. Before I was thinking that Blizz had to do the equivalent of hitting two back to back grand slams in order to get the people back. Now all they need is one grand slam (two Diablo PC games) and communication with us the way that they should be communicating with us. Then Diablo Immortal won't be the problem that it is. If both games are awesome enough it might even get the hive mind to forget that Diablo Immortal even existed.

I am wanting some of the same things that you want for a Diablo game and as far as the games you want them to develop.

You should be aware that the same ones that don't like hearing what I have to say also read the forums. So if I went by that alone I wouldn't even bother posting at all. Why, because they read some of the same things that I read. So even though I am not directing my comments to them directly. But because they see it they will yell at me anyway, all because it is a disagreement with the hive mind or them personally. Like I have said before my patience is wearing thin atm, because I have had to put up with it for the whole time the game has been out.

Edit: I have even gotten yelled at for wanting to know if Activison Blizzards games ever had any true complexity like PoE. Where it wasn't complexity for the sake of complexity.
01/03/2019 08:50 AMPosted by Urstadt
I don't know how much I can contribute, but I wanted to add my thoughts. Though I am from the generation that was part of your initial fan base, I never played D1 or D2. My friends did. I regret that now. However, I was playing SC and SC:BW too much. So, my first experience with the Diablo franchise was D3. I actually really liked it through and through. The changes made over the years brought even better game play, loot, and endgame experience. Many of us didn't come to the franchise until D3.

So, a significant portion of your fan base is from D3 alone. I personally feel that going too far back to your roots may cause some of us to lose interest. But, it may not, either! I don't know.

I just wanted to be a voice for those of us who grew to love Diablo in its current incarnation. Those of us who would probably like to see at least some elements of D3 in the next Diablo. I don't envy the task ahead of you. You have two different generations of fans to appeal to. I imagine that will not be easy. Some sacrifices from each generation will probably have to be endured for the good of the franchise. And that's completely understandable.

Regardless of what Blizzard comes up with, I look forward to it. And my loyalty will undoubtedly draw me toward giving the next Diablo an honest try.

Thank you for taking the time to consider what I have to say. I know I am not the only one my voice represents.

I agree that the best of both worlds is needed for the next Diablo game. Vastly improving what D2 did great and what D3 done great. A game that is for both Blizz North and Blizz Irvine (Activision Blizzard) fans. Although the majority hive mind here don't think it is possible.
So wait the big blog post we were supposed to be excited for was for an switch amiibo?

Awesome....
01/03/2019 12:57 PMPosted by Zala
So wait the big blog post we were supposed to be excited for was for an switch amiibo?

Awesome....

Hey, when they said "multiple Diablo projects" they didn't said "games" right? Learn to read between lines. You'll need that skill if you expect anything from Blizzard. Next can be a Netflix cartoon, Adria's book or another toy thing.

01/03/2019 10:56 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
They think that Wyatt done what he on purpose.

It was just a simple blunder on Wyatt's part. However people took it for the worst when they went all the way, booked hotels and flight, just to hear the words into "you should've buy a new phone instead".
Blizzard learnt the hard way that people do not joke about the money they earn by repeating similar blunders... or at least I hope. We'll know if we see another hype video next year.

I bet they'll try to pull a similar trick at the oncoming Blizzcon, because I doubt CMs ever read through thousands of replies, nor Blizzard devs ever gonna realize it themselves. So far they did 2 strikes on this sorta blunder in recent years, it was unintended and childish at best. Yet, nothing can convince me they EVER learnt anything from it, nor have any idea why people are pissed. They can not even decipher why people are angry at D:I anyway.

If a non Chinese game developer wanted to have a presence in China that they have to have a Chinese game developer help them get a license for their game that they want in China.

Outsourcing doesn't bode well for the patriotic investors or fanbase at all. At mobile gaming case, main concern is also data harvesting for the sake of advertisements on top of unknown MTX models. A tailflick simply told us they can sell our personal information to the overseas in a whim. This also shouts that it was aimed at one single market instead of worldwide crowd by making that hype video even more senseless and people ensured that was a tonedeaf direction from Blizzard.

say that not unless you redesign the gear and the character progression trading is just not gonna work.

Agreed. No need to go back to RMAH times where gold farmers ran rampant either.
11/29/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Duckypoo
11/29/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Nevalistis
We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them.

This is code for "Buy tickets for the next Blizzcon"... Then they will tell us about the new DI expansion.

To me it was more code for don't buy ANYTHING else from them until they wake up. Seems all Activision can hear is what they think will make them the most cash. Such a sad time RIP Blizz.