A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 238 239 240 268 Next
01/29/2019 03:03 AMPosted by Ragingblood
If your posting from a account that doesn't exist, don't even play diablo and just roaming forums to be a jerk that makes you a troll

As i said, u not very smart at all. Don be so arrogant.
My account from EU server, im playing since beggining and easily have 10k hours playtime, so please shut up troll.
nice to see the listening id going out the window now with thread deletions kicking off again. time for that but not for actually replying to concerns posted in this thread.
01/28/2019 09:54 PMPosted by Ragingblood
anything that would make games better they instantly mark as dislike so then what good do forums do when trolls decide the content of the forum

No, it is not things that would make the game better that they dislike. It is worse than that. it is something that I should've seen from day one. But due to my love for talking about the Diablo franchise and this game I was blind to this fact below.

Abandon all hope ye who enter into the forums.

While you have the right to have opinions, thoughts, ideas, suggestions that are in disagreement with the ones here on the forums. You have no right to express them. Your only right is to agree with everyone regardless of whether they are right or wrong. Join the hive mind mentality or don't bother to post.

Those are the unwritten rules of the forums. Even though Blizz has set this up as a public forums where each can express themselves. But if it isn't in harmony with the above you will be called troll, fanboy, shill, along with every other name that they can think of. All for the purpose to get you to either join them or leave. The ad hominems are all used as an appeal to emotions fallacy, the emotion of fear. Or they tug on your desire to fit in with the crowd.
You know, I hear a lot of "Neverlistens isn't allowed to say anything" being said in here and elsewhere. While clearly common sense would tell you they can't release proprietary information, I believe the claim that they're not allowed to say anything at all is conjecture. Since people keep making this claim, I'd like to see a source for this, as the burden is on the folks claiming this to back the claim up. If this is something you know to be true, there should be no trouble in citing the factual source your knowledge is based on, right? Show me where they're not allowed to say "Hello," without approval, please. Help me continue to give them some sort of benefit of the doubt.

Look, I am simply trying to understand why, at the very least, they haven't posted something along the lines of "Hey guys, we're still here" since November 29th of LAST YEAR. Yeah the last update was devoid of substance, but at least it showed someone from Activision had visited the thread.

I speak only for myself, but at this point, my frustration has less to do with a Chinese phone game and more to do with the nonexistent communication.
Maybe Blizzard took Diablo on the next level with a silent feature implementation and made the forums part of the game! The answers are all there, already written down for us. But blue posts in this thread are like primal items, just keep writing, the next drop is just around the corner!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Their silence is just redicolous and speaks louder than anything else
no king rules forever my son

F
rift difficulties and bounties are so weak people 1 shot everything so yes difficulties need be twice as hard and GR listing should be double otherwise everyone can instantly join torment 13 people in torment 13 should have primal gear and run 120 currently they can make torment 13 in any items and only have run 60 so then pro players have remove people from lobbies just to run GR
if they balance the difficulties correctly everyone will have a better game experience low players and high players can find the right lobbies with the right people
I understand you guys are afraid to loose easy torment 13 runs but if they double rewards then torment 6-7 will be exact same as torment 13 is now
as for people that posting against me did I ever say I was talking about you no you just toke offense and assumed it was about you
if your on a legit account and play diablo then its not about you
I'm posting this just to break up the monotony of a constant stream of Ragingblood blather.

Now that's that's done....carry on.
Why are people being downvoted for saying "ty" and "cool"?
01/29/2019 10:52 AMPosted by Putridian
You know, I hear a lot of "Neverlistens isn't allowed to say anything" being said in here and elsewhere. While clearly common sense would tell you they can't release proprietary information, I believe the claim that they're not allowed to say anything at all is conjecture. Since people keep making this claim, I'd like to see a source for this, as the burden is on the folks claiming this to back the claim up. If this is something you know to be true, there should be no trouble in citing the factual source your knowledge is based on, right? Show me where they're not allowed to say "Hello," without approval, please. Help me continue to give them some sort of benefit of the doubt.

Look, I am simply trying to understand why, at the very least, they haven't posted something along the lines of "Hey guys, we're still here" since November 29th of LAST YEAR. Yeah the last update was devoid of substance, but at least it showed someone from Activision had visited the thread.

I speak only for myself, but at this point, my frustration has less to do with a Chinese phone game and more to do with the nonexistent communication.

I have said in many threads myself that communication is the life blood of any relationship. That the lack of it from Blizz is maddening and makes no sense, not just this issue but plenty of other issues. Along with the topic of them not actually improving their communication as they promised to do a long while ago. So I can understand the frustration and share it.

Now as to why I say that Brandy has been told not to reply to us until she has something definite to say other than another canned response is because of Occam's Razor. Occam's Razor is using logic to solve problems. It does this by choosing the simplest of solutions with the least amount of assumptions. The reason why the simplest one is the most logic is because the more complex ones have more assumptions. And we all know that assumptions can be wrong. So with more assumptions the likelihood of error increases.

Now add up the following.

Blizz is a big company, how many big companies do you know of that would allow their workers to get away with not doing their job (her case is talking to us) for a really long time. This isn't something that Blizz couldn't possibly be unaware of. That is because it wouldn't be real hard to check this thread for blue posts or have their own form of a blue tracker that we cannot see or make use of.

A canned response is usually something that the higher ups in a company do. Instead of it being something that the CM does. It is saying that she is likely talking from a script instead of off of the cuff. Again she is controlled by Blizz as far as what she can tell us and given a script for the important matters that she has no control over what she does say. The other posts she makes outside of those are indeed hers and hers alone. That is because at those times she is talking about what she can talk about.

She has superiors to answer to just like the devs and everyone else up the chain of command to the top of the chain.

Adding all of that together in a logical fashion ends up with the solution that has the fewest assumptions of Blizz has been the one telling her what to say (canned response) and telling her to remain quiet.

Those of us that work for a living know that you won't find hardly anyone that is allowed to get away with not doing their job for very long. And she hasn't been doing a part of her job, which is communicating with us.

She at the very least could've said some of the replies here she would take to the devs because they are good ideas. But she hasn't done that, doing that alone would alleviate some of the problem.
Logic would dictate this complete lack of communication means they have absolutely nothing. They most likely feel they can’t release anything because it could be in the trash can tomorrow. They may even have doubts about the viability of continuing the franchise.

Multiple Diablo projects with zero information. Sounds like desperate stalling tactics to me. Nothing else makes sense.

They’ve killed the franchise with silence.

RIP
01/29/2019 03:03 AMPosted by Ragingblood
If your posting from a account that doesn't exist, don't even play diablo and just roaming forums to be a jerk that makes you a troll

Are you really that stupid? Do you believe that Xbox, PS4, and Switch users have the ability to show their characters on the forum? Even if they could, do you think their opinion doesn't matter if they don't have the best gear, progress, achievements, etc? The only person trolling here is you.
the console formats have there own forum and don't even work the same as pc so I don't expect them to show anything cause if they in right place its not here. Also what is blizzard supposed to respond to people insulting them or people insulting other people they cant respond when there is no content that is worth a response
have fun insulting each other and posting for no reason cause the forum is just a way for blizzard to keep you busy and avoid customers that only complain
@ShadowAegis

Thanks for at least taking a stab at my inquiry. I am familiar with Occam's Razor and its applications, and while it certainly can be used to arrive at a "best guess" of sorts, I was hoping there existed a post, a policy, or something citable which says CMs are not allowed to post anything without approval.

Below are the only things I've found that begin to explain her lack of communication, straight from the Camel's mouth:

05/01/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We're around. :) A lot of what I'm personally working on is behind the scenes, so posting has, unfortunately, become a lower priority on my task list as of late.

Who is setting her priorities, I wonder? Is this up to her? I know I work autonomously in my job and am responsible in setting my own priorities. Or is she being told what her priorities are? Oh well, rhetorical question, ultimately. We'll never know.

05/02/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Most of the reason I don't post as much as I would like is simply from being busy. Being a community manager has a lot more responsibilities than posting on the forums; these days I do a lot of research, write reports, put together powerpoint decks, and the like.

But when I find time or need a break from staring at excel sheets, it's nice to hop in here and chat with you all. I'll try to be better about that, even if it's just a casual discussion here or there.

These are from May of last year. To me, this shows clear as crystal that she's perfectly aware she doesn't post often - even before the D:I disaster. It's her reasons for not posting that are worrisome to me. You can see her reference things like "when I find time," or "most of the reason I don't post as much as I would like is simply from being busy." Those are HER words. "Most of the reason" she doesn't post is because she claims to be too busy. Is that also most of the reason why she hasn't been heard from here since November 29th of last year?

She also acknowledged there was room to improve, but arguably has not. Also, other CMs find time to post, and I believe it would be unfair to elude that they aren't every bit as busy as Nev is.

Frankly, I am concerned that her lack of posting may have more to do with her not prioritizing talking to us or a mismanagement of her time, and less to do with directives from her leadership team. She has a track record going back to at least May of last year of people wondering where she's at - that's where I'm coming from with my concern.

Scenario 1.) If it is a matter of poor prioritization, I would suggest that she DOES have 20 seconds to make a "We're still here" post, and that such a post would not ruffle her leadership team's feathers. It is a completely benign (albeit useful) statement to make. What harm is a post like that going to do?

Scenario 2.) If our CM is being silenced by higher-ups, it's time to direct her to say something. This is damaging the community more and more by the day. Sometimes silence can do more damage than words.
It's amusing to me to see those that fill this up this discussion with multiple responses per page are the most down voted. For me its tiresome reading essentially the same thing over & over & over & over or seeing completely off topic posts.

Maybe neverlistens figures the opposite is true? If so that's a fail too.