A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 239 240 241 270 Next
01/30/2019 11:17 AMPosted by Putridian
Scenario 1.) If it is a matter of poor prioritization, I would suggest that she DOES have 20 seconds to make a "We're still here" post, and that such a post would not ruffle her leadership team's feathers. It is a completely benign (albeit useful) statement to make. What harm is a post like that going to do?

Scenario 2.) If our CM is being silenced by higher-ups, it's time to direct her to say something. This is damaging the community more and more by the day. Sometimes silence can do more damage than words.

Even though I would love her to say more. I do know that another canned response won't work. That might be the only thing she has to say in this thread about the issue that this thread is on. It is not just about chatting with us. It is the fact we want more info on what those other projects are. Along with what is the future of this game and the franchise as a whole. That is something that a canned response like the last two won't give.

If she doesn't have nothing else to say about the subject other than a third canned response then it might be better to say nothing at all till she does have something different to say.

As far as the things they are not allowed to talk about that is covered by NDAs that they sign. Even though we would love for them to be lifted so she can speak about those things. Alas, we must wait till they are lifted, what a bummer that is.
@ShadowAegis

Scenario 2.) If our CM is being silenced by higher-ups, it's time to direct her to say something. This is damaging the community more and more by the day. Sometimes silence can do more damage than words.

I pretty much enjoyed reading your entire post. I think it sums up a good deal of what`s going on here. In my own previous posts i`ve been speculating as to the "why" and the "how" a lot. I do that a lot personally. Always the why.

Hence why i quoted your scenario 2. Being silenced by higher-ups must have a grounded reason to it, and reviewing a lot of other forum posts around here and quote's by Nevalistis and other CM's it does tend to go forward the fact that "multiple projects" must not have included the long-awaited, the highly anticipated and most of all "hyped" announcement of D4. Maybe they are indeed working on it, but it must be in such an infant state it doesn't resemble even a game concept by now so they can't give any information on it.

This is all good and well but they, a billion dollar company, with a giant circus of a marketing department that is so called professional with all its "passionated" employees and a lot of ex-employees in a current advisory role or function did not mention once the current state of communication to the target audience?

Impossible.

This entire ordeal of the last couple of years and especially the last months hangs either of some sheer undefined sentiment of trust towards the target audience or blunt sabotage.

At this point, it cannot be incompetence, it cannot be some "deep" thought out marketing strategy, it cannot be the result of miss-management.

What we are witnessing is sabotage. Something, or rather someone working at Blizzard activision that has a large influence and decision making power deliberately wants this situation to happen. Most likely for personal financial gain somehow.

All the work Nevalistis is doing "behind the scenes" becomes a waste of time when she gets fired in few months from now because communication with the target audience was non-existent that she unconsciously or unwittingly attributed too.

I repeat. This is sabotage.

I mean lets be real, most of the people, like myself included simply follow this thread and several twitter/reddit social media outlets just to watch the franchise burn, be rather dissapointed about the lack of communication or in some sort of retribution. If D4 gets announced, and launches a year later ill be happily playing GTA6 or 7 or have bought the next FIFA2020 or whatever just like the majority not only in this thread or the rest of the forum, but the major playerbase.

Because this is whats going to happen.

In fact, i`m saving most of this thread and other sources for future research. I`m in marketing but i`ll be likely lecturing at some university in the distant future, and this becomes the perfect case of what not to do.
01/30/2019 09:31 PMPosted by Telamon
What we are witnessing is sabotage. Something, or rather someone working at Blizzard activision that has a large influence and decision making power deliberately wants this situation to happen. Most likely for personal financial gain somehow.

All the work Nevalistis is doing "behind the scenes" becomes a waste of time when she gets fired in few months from now because communication with the target audience was non-existent that she unconsciously or unwittingly attributed too.

I repeat. This is sabotage.

Mind telling me how sabotaging a franchise that belongs to your partner Blizz, that is if it is Activision doing it is gonna make a profit for Activision. It gets even more interesting if it Blizz themselves. You have to be able to explain how sabotaging a franchise is gonna help the bottom line. That is something that I would love to hear.

01/30/2019 09:31 PMPosted by Telamon
I mean lets be real, most of the people, like myself included simply follow this thread and several twitter/reddit social media outlets just to watch the franchise burn, be rather dissapointed about the lack of communication or in some sort of retribution. If D4 gets announced, and launches a year later ill be happily playing GTA6 or 7 or have bought the next FIFA2020 or whatever just like the majority not only in this thread or the rest of the forum, but the major playerbase.

While D4 might not garner the high sales that it should, it might do better than most people think. More so depending on who is working on it and what Blizz sets as a vision for it. If the Kotaku article is true then D4 could very well be a kick butt game that winds up outselling D3 vanilla by a landslide.

Trying to predict that the franchise is dead without knowing what shape D4 will be in when it does see the light of day is insane imo.
11/07/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Syf
You guys need to realize you're on the path towards alienating your core fanbase.

Totally Agree with this 100%, I have moved on from this season because I hate grinding for hours when I can actually have fun playing a different game that isn't grindy.
maybe if she's that busy she shouldnt be called the community manager anymore and change her title to assistant producer or some such.

as for why she isnt posting its sod all to do with being busy as taking half an hour a day to post a few posts on here isnt going to stop her doing other things. its either she cant be bothered or the community team as a whole have been told to not post anything outside of vague and information light posts.
Are you really that stupid? Do you believe that Xbox, PS4, and Switch users have the ability to show their characters on the forum? Even if they could, do you think their opinion doesn't matter if they don't have the best gear, progress, achievements, etc? The only person trolling here is you.
01/30/2019 10:43 AMPosted by Ragingblood
the console formats have there own forum and don't even work the same as pc so I don't expect them to show anything cause if they in right place its not here. Also what is blizzard supposed to respond to people insulting them or people insulting other people they cant respond when there is no content that is worth a response

Well, that answers my question.
01/31/2019 01:09 AMPosted by Darkfizzix
11/07/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Syf
You guys need to realize you're on the path towards alienating your core fanbase.

Totally Agree with this 100%, I have moved on from this season because I hate grinding for hours when I can actually have fun playing a different game that isn't grindy.

Look all games have a grind to them. Even the ones that are the most fun to play have a grind. They have to have a way to keep you playing for hours on end. Otherwise you are saying that there are games that just hand things to you on a silver platter for just playing the game. Where upon creating a character you are instantly max level with a high amount of currency. Given all of the best gear for your chosen build along with all of the achievements or anything else that a person can earn in a game. If that is the case then people won't be playing that game for very long.

What I think you are trying to say is that you along with others are playing games that have made the grind less of a chore. Where the grind could even be fun as well as a grind. Now if that is indeed what you are saying then that is a good thing. But don't think that you will find games with zero grind where everything you want to do in a game is achieved the moment you log into the game for the first time. That would be insanity if that were to happen.
"A quick LAST word from Blizzard" more like.

If they claim they are in touch with their fan base, I'm pretty sure some schmuck Actiblizzard is hired to hold his middle finger onto the foot of an actual air-blowing fan at all times, while laughing hysterically.
I have been playing Diablo since it was first released - I II & III
Only a casual player - currently at level 70 and at 102 whatever that means
Basically play Barbarian and think I've got Diablo 4 or 5 times.
I only play difficult level. And not on-line.
The problem is that it seems I can't be killed and it gets kind of boring.
Any suggestions - I am not a pc nerd!
Diablo IV coming soon or at all?
Rick
I hope your listening, been Diablo player since original D1.

D3 currently, more specific, the Witch Doctor class, the competitive seasons, well from what ive seen and played on the last 16 seasons. All the top 100s leader boards, regardless of the set or the set spell choices.

Revolve 100% around having "Soul Harvest" side banded on your action bar or never get near a leader board end game viable play in a competitive season ??

Im sorry to complain but 16 seasons of 1 spell is enough already, cant we play a set how its intended to be played, and maybe use some other gear just once ??

Not side banded forced into that 1 spell no matter what, or we go home and suck never can see a top leader board spot for it ??

Either use soul harvest or never see top 100 competitive spot in 16 seasons straight now ??

Really blizzard why must this be so ??

I dont think honestly asking for some variety in competitive play on a class is to much to ask for is it and be viable for competitive play ?>?
I hope your listening, been Diablo player since original D1.

D3 currently, more specific, the Witch Doctor class, the competitive seasons, well from what ive seen and played on the last 16 seasons. All the top 100s leader boards, regardless of the set or the set spell choices.

Revolve 100% around having "Soul Harvest" side banded on your action bar or never get near a leader board end game viable play in a competitive season ??

Im sorry to complain but 16 seasons of 1 spell is enough already, cant we play a set how its intended to be played, and maybe use some other gear just once ??

Not side banded forced into that 1 spell no matter what, or we go home and suck never can see a top leader board spot for it ??

Either use soul harvest or never see top 100 competitive spot in 16 seasons straight now ??

Really blizzard why must this be so ??

I dont think honestly asking for some variety in competitive play on a class is to much to ask for is it and be viable for competitive play ?>?

PS keep up the good work catching cheaters, I hate them as much or even more then you do, ruins us honest gamer fun. We play with skill and for the challenge, cheating is neither of those, I hope all the cheaters get gone fast.

Also a side note - I am also probably one of if not your company longest running customer, i bought Lost Vikings on day one off the self at local store when it came out, and have owned all other blizzard games since then as well. Wish i had kept the cartridge and my Nintendo with it, but those are long gone, when my Nintendo stopped working decades ago.
11/07/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Soloseb
All we need to know is that D4 is in development. If we know D4 is coming and Immortal is not slowing down the D4 development, then hell, you can release whatever you want

I'm pretty sure that D4 is in development. I hope so, at least.
02/01/2019 03:12 PMPosted by Anlorian1993
I'm pretty sure that D4 is in development. I hope so, at least.

If it was they would have said so 3 months ago. They got nothing.
01/21/2019 02:01 PMPosted by Nerevar
This is the vilest and most abominable betrayal ever, blizzard. You just spit in the souls of every Diablo community member and your words are full of hypocritical lies. And it's so frustrating that it crosses out all the good things that you did before.

“ The vilest and most abdominable betrayal ever”? My my, talk about a lack of perspective. NEWS FLASH: Diablo 3 is a freaking video game. I repeat it is a GAME.
02/01/2019 07:39 PMPosted by jeji
01/21/2019 02:01 PMPosted by Nerevar
This is the vilest and most abominable betrayal ever, blizzard. You just spit in the souls of every Diablo community member and your words are full of hypocritical lies. And it's so frustrating that it crosses out all the good things that you did before.

“ The vilest and most abdominable betrayal ever”? My my, talk about a lack of perspective. NEWS FLASH: Diablo 3 is a freaking video game. I repeat it is a GAME.

You might be one of the ones that Diablo Immortal is targeting. Where you don't care what platform you play games on. Be happy with the cash grab Diablo Immortal where every time you turn around you could very well be hit with a pay wall. Want another ten levels pay up some more. Want a better drop rate pay up some more.
So blizzcon fiasco pretty much 3 months ago and still not a single factive word from them regarding diablo on pc's future !

Wonderful blizz - thats indeed communication at its best. ^^

Any more false promises or blatant lies in common blizz ?

We hear you !
What a !@#$show blizz. F*** you.
Almost 3 months now. Maybe soon we can expect a THIRD post from NeverListens that is just as vague,foggy,fuzzy,hazy,indefinite,indistinct and unclear as the others!

Must be great to be a Community Manager that doesn't have to deal with the community.
Can you hear me and do something about Thorns of the Invoker's lack of significant AoE damage?

Ignoring 95% of rift enemies to hunt elites is kind of lame.

Thanks!
I'm Still holding out hope for an apology for blizzcon fam.