A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 243 244 245 270 Next
02/12/2019 04:15 PMPosted by Putridian
Neverlistens has apparently survived the culling. Per her Twitter page:

Please stop with that. I know it feels good, but it is totally inaccurate. She DOES listen and relay what we say back.

The suits and PR folks who need to answer for this refuse. She is not allowed to post anything here in this hot potato thread without permission.

She did not decide to make D:I. She did not decide to reveal it at Blizzcon. She does not get to decide what marketing media is released (that she is told to write or video).

My entire anger, which is pretty significant, is at the management and PR teams who were at fault and who REFUSE to even admit they were wrong, or apologize. Instead they took the front line person and let her release a heartfelt, but basic statement.

SHE listens. They don't. They won't give her a response to post.
02/12/2019 04:56 PMPosted by MissCheetah
The suits and PR folks who need to answer for this refuse.
02/12/2019 04:56 PMPosted by MissCheetah
My entire anger, which is pretty significant, is at the management and PR teams who were at fault and who REFUSE to even admit they were wrong, or apologize.
As I have said previously, it must be called for what it is - spineless and gutless.

They only answer to the shareholders now. They don't care what the gamers think.
MissCheetah, I know she is your buddy and I don't begrudge you for not being thrilled at our play on her name, but I don't think folks here are unreasonably upset at her. I honestly don't.

We keep hearing she's listening but we don't see the result of it.

We keep being told she's not allowed to post here but no one can cite a source for that claim. Where are you hearing this from?

My point is simply that perception is reality. With what info we have to go by, I have zero reason to give any one over there the benefit of the doubt, so respectfully, save me the lecture, because my opinion of your pal is understandably in the toilet. If she doesn't like it she can ban me with my blessing. It'd at least prove to me she's read what's being typed here.
02/12/2019 05:57 PMPosted by Putridian
MissCheetah, I know she is your buddy and I don't begrudge you for not being thrilled at our play on her name, but I don't think folks here are unreasonably upset at her. I honestly don't.

We keep being told she's not allowed to post here but no one can cite a source for that claim. Where are you hearing this from?

My point is simply that perception is reality. With what info we have to go by, I have zero reason to give any one over there the benefit of the doubt, so respectfully, save me the lecture, because my opinion of your pal is understandably in the toilet. If she doesn't like it she can ban me with my blessing. It'd at least prove to me she's read what's being typed here.

Seriously...CMs are the low end of the totem pole. They do NOT get to make major PR statements on behalf of the company! I mean, this is logic. What do you want her to say? "The PR and executives, despite feedback, refuse to release any more statements".

Throwing them under the bus like that, even though true, means losing her job. In an area that is one if the highest cost of living in the US.

Do you really really think they let CMs make major company PR statements on their own? This is a Blizzcon level main stage screw up...not a minor statement about a bug.
I wonder, what's the point then in opening this topic from the beginning? And also what's the point telling us that they listen and that they want to engage in conversation with us? How many months has to pass until the famous conversation can really start?
I just feel that we were again fooled with pretty words, without any actions to back them up, so the people will continue to be pissed, or sad, or upset, or angry, or trolling and dissapointed in general, because all these almost 5000 comments were for nothing, useless, no one from their part wants or dares to engage in this topic, they could as well close it for good, because i don't see a point anymore to continue here anything.
02/12/2019 06:05 PMPosted by MissCheetah
02/12/2019 05:57 PMPosted by Putridian

Seriously...CMs are the low end of the totem pole. They do NOT get to make major PR statements on behalf of the company! I mean, this is logic. What do you want her to say? "The PR and executives, despite feedback, refuse to release any more statements".

Throwing them under the bus like that, even though true, means losing her job. In an area that is one if the highest cost of living in the US.

Do you really really think they let CMs make major company PR statements on their own? This is a Blizzcon level main stage screw up...not a minor statement about a bug.

What purpose do they serve as a community manager if they don't serve the community.

Why should any of us feel like our speech should be regulated here, or anywhere, because of your emotional investment in this 'community manager', if we feel, as it seems apparent, that she is failing miserably at her job as a community manager, e.g. woefully mismanaging the community?

Do you ever get tired of defending all of this?

Would you ever stop?

Next to ShadowAegis and bots like him, your posts are continuously downvoted on the reg, and I have to think it's because people believe you to be disingenuous, at war with yourself internally, exclaiming one thing publically but holding different views privately.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only add fuel to the fire when defending Neverlistens or Blactivision on the whole.
02/12/2019 06:23 PMPosted by KyubiVal
I wonder, what's the point then in opening this topic from the beginning?

This thread is a modern day oubliette. A place to collect unpopular posts for the sole purpose of forgetting about them.
This is a Blizzcon level main stage screw up...not a minor statement about a bug.

So your saying we'll be waiting till Blizzcon 2019 (if that even happens) for any sort of official response?
02/12/2019 06:23 PMPosted by KyubiVal
I wonder, what's the point then in opening this topic from the beginning?
To prove to their shareholders that they do listen to the fans, albeit by the absolute minimum required to say it is true i.e. by phoning it in.
02/12/2019 06:27 PMPosted by Superchang

Would you ever stop?

Next to ShadowAegis and bots like him, your posts are continuously downvoted on the reg, and I have to think it's because people believe you to be disingenuous, at war with yourself internally, exclaiming one thing publically but holding different views privately.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only add fuel to the fire when defending Neverlistens or Blactivision on the whole.

You are so wrong it is not funny. You obviously don't actually read my posts about how devastated I was at blizzcon, how pissed I am at senior mgt, etc. You seem to ASSUME that green means defending Blizz. You are so very very wrong. We are allowed to have our own opinions and I do.

We can start here...
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769568460 with my reaction in the middle of Blizzcon during the first Q&A where they said no PC.... No defending Blizz. 1785 upvotes. I have lost friends because of this, and many many other comments against the current Blizz mgt strategy.

Place the blame where it belongs though. Which is NOT me, nor Nev.

Really, if you think I keep defending mgt you are insane and don't actually READ what I post long term. So I guess that means you don't have any legs to stand on...posting from ignorance does not give you any platform.

EDIT

02/12/2019 06:36 PMPosted by Des
This is a Blizzcon level main stage screw up...not a minor statement about a bug.

So your saying we'll be waiting till Blizzcon 2019 (if that even happens) for any sort of official response?

We won't get one. The suits and PR folks refuse to issue any sort of statement because they are "insert insults here". I am honestly pissed. Even more pissed they put the game team in a bad position. They knew they did not care enough to say anything to us. Yet the front line takes the abuse. Like store clerks when mgt screws up.
02/12/2019 06:56 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Would you ever stop?

You are so wrong it is not funny. You obviously don't actually read my posts about how devastated I was at blizzcon, how pissed I am at senior mgt, etc. You seem to ASSUME that green means defending Blizz. You are so very very wrong. We are allowed to have our own opinions and I do.

We can start here...
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769568460 with my reaction in the middle of Blizzcon during the first Q&A where they said no PC.... No defending Blizz. 1785 upvotes. I have lost friends because of this, and many many other comments against the current Blizz mgt strategy.

Really, if you think I keep defending mgt you are insane and don't actually READ what I post long term. So I guess that means you don't have any legs to stand on...posting from ignorance does not give you any platform.

EDIT

We won't get one. The suits and PR folks refuse to issue any sort of statement because they are "insert insults here". I am honestly pissed. Even more pissed they put the game team in a bad position. They knew they did not care enough to say anything to us. Yet the front line takes the abuse. Like store clerks when mgt screws up.

Everyone just needs to take a step back, have a hard look at the situation, and realize that the 20 years ago Blizzard is WAY over. Those days are very, very gone.

I have accepted that. :) Yeah, it's possibly the end of an era, but hey, if you can't change it, what else are you going to do...

When they announced D:I, I swore on these forums that I wouldn't spend a penny more on Activision/Blizzard, and that's exactly what I've done.

I'm not even expecting a D4 on PC. And if they announced it tomorrow, I'm not even sure how excited I'd be. I'm still nauseous when I think about how much they f'ed up. How sad D3's evolution has been over the last years.

I believe the PR/Communications team at Blizzard seriously sucks. They've always been suckers for radio silence, but this is just insulting.

Anyway. Interesting to see this thread still alive. If I were the guys making decisions over there, I'd just clear this thread, because quite frankly, leaving it open for comments and not even dropping a note to calm the crowd just shows how little they think of their community.

Not sure where Blizz is heading, but I'm not convinced it's towards sunny days...
02/12/2019 06:56 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Would you ever stop?

We can start here...

EDIT

Didn't mean to strike a nerve.

Twenty years in marketing leadership at a fortune 10 tech company have taught me many lessons in how to manage an audience.

What we are seeing here will eventually become a case study - if not already - in how to fail spectacularly at community management. No, it's not just Nevalistis' fault, but in my opinion they need to kill that role and loosen the ability for people in leadership roles to engage with the fanbase.

I would challenge Nevalistis to ask for more empowerment. It's difficult to imagine someone who actually is passionate about their work *not* being able to get empowerment to soeak to the audience more frequently.

But the truth is, there's nothing to report. Diablo is dead, and this forum is merely an echo chamber for the hatred and animosity which Blizzard has earned through their rampant disregard for their loyal fans.

If I were her, actually, I would quit. If I am a community manager at Blizzard, I can easily get hired into a community role at another company. One that respects its fans and one that empowers and trusts it employees.
02/12/2019 07:51 PMPosted by Superchang
Didn't mean to strike a nerve.

Twenty years in marketing leadership at a fortune 10 tech company have taught me many lessons in how to manage an audience.

What we are seeing here will eventually become a case study - if not already - in how to fail spectacularly at community management. No, it's not just Nevalistis' fault, but in my opinion they need to kill that role and loosen the ability for people in leadership roles to engage with the fanbase.

I would challenge Nevalistis to ask for more empowerment. It's difficult to imagine someone who actually is passionate about their work *not* being able to get empowerment to soeak to the audience more frequently.

But the truth is, there's nothing to report. Diablo is dead, and this forum is merely an echo chamber for the hatred and animosity which Blizzard has earned through their rampant disregard for their loyal fans.

If I were her, actually, I would quit. If I am a community manager at Blizzard, I can easily get hired into a community role at another company. One that respects its fans and one that empowers and trusts it employees.

So very well said. I totally agree with you.

No joke, there are some serious feelings here and holding back tears. This is emotional for all involved. Players, staff, twilight folks like myself.
02/12/2019 05:51 AMPosted by Lalas
How is the forge today?

Burning cold apparently.
good news all according to yesterdays earnings call it seems according to that new cfo they have NO GAMES coming in 2019 at all. so no diablo 4 this year which to be blunt we knew.

as for brandy keeping her job maybe they will change that title of hers now if she's not allowed to be a community manager and make her some sort of assistant producer or something and just delete the cm position for diablo as i cant see us seeing anything now for a couple of years at least.
Do you guys don't have jobs?
02/13/2019 04:54 AMPosted by SEBA21
Do you guys don't have jobs?

You actually sat down and wrote this line and thought this was actually funny after hundreds of people lost their job?

Are you that callous that you you thought it was a good idea to write this line?
02/13/2019 04:52 AMPosted by SelezVega
Blizz!@#$ivision just dont give a single %^-* by now. The point of this topic is like throw a bone to a dog so you can shut the !@#$ up and wait. Diablo is dead game, just delete it and this forum plz, no point of "we are listen" when you listen with your %^-, not your ear. *!@#ing piece of $%^- company
Dont worry dear SelezVega! We have 325723224vff Diablo projects in The works!!! We cant wait to share some of the EXCITING news and projects for you!!! Some projects will take longer than others, but if you catch our Bone like a good Doggie then you will be rewarded with more goodies later!