A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 244 245 246 268 Next
MissCheetah, I wish that there were a PM feature so that we could take our discussion there. I have a LOT of follow-up questions and comments with regards to your post, but prefer not to flood this thread with them. That's not a dig at you - by my own admission, I can get very wordy.

In essence, I think we're mostly disappointed at the exact same situations and the exact same people, the difference is I'm disappointed in one more person - a person who happens to be a friend of yours. I can appreciate you having a closeness to this situation that I, frankly, do not. If our positions were reversed, I imagine I'd have the same perspectives as you.

I don't expect you to believe this, but I WANT to give her the benefit of the doubt. I honest to God do. It DOESN'T feel good to feel like our CM isn't engaging. It just is incredibly difficult for me to look at her post history, see MONTHS of inactivity at a time which she herself acknowledged in a May 2018 post, and tell myself that not hearing from her since November of last year is any different than business as usual for her.

For me, the line of her not being allowed to post and choosing not to post is very, very blurred. Also, I am used to the primordial days of the forums when CMs were posting daily. You might not always like what they had to say, but they were saying something (here's looking at you, Bashiok.) I feel it would be incredibly unfair to presume the CMs of those days weren't busy as well. That's the context of why I'm a bit let down when ours is absent for months.

We can agree to disagree if you'd like, or if you know of somewhere else we can continue this without flooding this thread, we can take it there. Let me know.

Sincerely,

Putridian. Or, Pooptridian, if you please. You know, because of the Neverlistens thing. :P
I thought they had multiple projects to work on, why the culling? Not enough mobile phone game work?
I love how I only post what most of us feel, about this downhill struggle for the survival of diablo, hell all of blizzard, and invite you guys to join me on twitch to explore d1-d2-poe-grim dawn games that give the arpg fanbase something to look forward too since you know, blizzard hasn't listened in years. Those 800 people who just got laid off? that DIDN'T have to happen but it's a result of absolute garbage communication, and worrying more about where to get there next easy dollar from mobile gaming. I could care less if you downvote me because the reality of the !@#$uation (yes %^-*uation) is that blizzards higher ups don't give a crap about any of us, and these devs are losing their jobs for what? Oh because this company has made it understood they're listening over the past decade but not only that? that they are always actively engaging? you have to either be absolutely ignorant to not want to learn from what we've seen or you're such a fanboy that you just refuse to see it and in turn you've become delusional. This company has continued to show that they value the fastest dollar they can make the easiest way, instead of utilizing the potential for the great games that we've all said a million times we would pay for. so downvote me all you want, lol I speak from the factual standpoint that this company is so out of touch with reality that they truly believe wholeheartedly that people are going to sit with a charger plugged into their phones for long periods of time a day and feel immersed. HA!
02/13/2019 06:12 AMPosted by Putridian
MissCheetah, I wish that there were a PM feature

There is. Battlenet. We have a chat feature in the launcher that works well. I have an appointment in 45 mins and then some errands but will be around later this afternoon.
02/13/2019 08:50 AMPosted by MissCheetah
02/13/2019 06:12 AMPosted by Putridian
MissCheetah, I wish that there were a PM feature

There is. Battlenet. We have a chat feature in the launcher that works well. I have an appointment in 45 mins and then some errands but will be around later this afternoon.

Perfect! I knew about the app, but didn't want to be presumptuous about just up and messaging you there. I myself will be free any time after 5 PM EST - that goes for most days if today doesn't work out.

Thanks for the suggestion and willingness to continue this elsewhere.
02/12/2019 06:05 PMPosted by MissCheetah
02/12/2019 05:57 PMPosted by Putridian
MissCheetah, I know she is your buddy and I don't begrudge you for not being thrilled at our play on her name, but I don't think folks here are unreasonably upset at her. I honestly don't.

We keep hearing she's listening but we don't see the result of it.

We keep being told she's not allowed to post here but no one can cite a source for that claim. Where are you hearing this from?

My point is simply that perception is reality. With what info we have to go by, I have zero reason to give any one over there the benefit of the doubt, so respectfully, save me the lecture, because my opinion of your pal is understandably in the toilet. If she doesn't like it she can ban me with my blessing. It'd at least prove to me she's read what's being typed here.

Seriously...CMs are the low end of the totem pole. They do NOT get to make major PR statements on behalf of the company! I mean, this is logic. What do you want her to say? "The PR and executives, despite feedback, refuse to release any more statements".

Throwing them under the bus like that, even though true, means losing her job. In an area that is one if the highest cost of living in the US.

Do you really really think they let CMs make major company PR statements on their own? This is a Blizzcon level main stage screw up...not a minor statement about a bug.

Look these ones don't care about the truth, they don't care about logic and reasoning. Heck earlier I mentioned that my proof is Occam's Razor. The simplest conclusion with least assumptions (what Occam's Razor means) is that she is not allowed to say anything without their permission. But I still got jumped on for that and you are as well. Even though you know way more than I do. Wait till some of these players get a job as a CM for a major developer like Blizz. Then maybe they can find out what they can and can't do.

Oh btw something is interesting, a few pages ago people here in this thread were wanting you to say something. I guess they got tired of who they were insulting with names so they wanted someone new like you to insult. Go figure, since they only want you to agree with them regardless of whether it is the truth or not. It is a join us hivemind mentality or don't post. It is that simple, no right to express a disagreement on any subject. Just agree or don't post. That has been like this for the entire time this game has existed.
Do you really really think they let CMs make major company PR statements on their own? This is a Blizzcon level main stage screw up...not a minor statement about a bug.

Agreed... but where does the buck stop? 800 people just got the boot so some greedy and super out of touch executives can pocket a few more million they don't deserve while they run one of the best gaming companies that ever existed into the dirt.
02/13/2019 03:55 PMPosted by Shadeofdeath

Agreed... but where does the buck stop? 800 people just got the boot so some greedy and super out of touch executives can pocket a few more million they don't deserve while they run one of the best gaming companies that ever existed into the dirt.

Agreed. I am furious about the whole situation and have been since Blizzcon. However, I know where to place the blame...and that is the greedy soul sucking slaves to investors that are called management (the senior sort, not the tech folks).

We are owed an answer, but I don't blame Nev, or any other CM, when I know they are not allowed to say anything but what they are permitted to say - on such a hot button issue. That is like blaming the apple store tech/clerk for corporate decisions. Nobody wants to get fired for saying the mgt team are ....insert things here.

Also, to clarify, I don't necessarily mean Blizz mgt she sees every day. I am willing to believe this goes pretty high up.
Blizzard have made their decision. They are first and foremost a shareholder driven entity which exists for the sole purpose of extracting money from as many people into their own bank accounts as fast as humanly possible (if not faster). By their own actions - Long dead is any semblance of making & supporting games the customer actually wants. Yesterdays announcements only solidified that.

Corporations like this dont generally have communities or fanbases. If Acti/Blizz wish to exist in that space then goodluck to them. If future game produced under their banner are of exceptional quality i may consider buying them... Gone are the days of customer & franchise loyalty imo.
Ghom sad. Ghom hungry. Ghom had enough.. *Ghom eats Actiblizz, with spears and all* Thanks Ghom!
02/13/2019 08:22 AMPosted by DeathbyFurio
I love how I only post what most of us feel, about this downhill struggle for the survival of diablo, hell all of blizzard, and invite you guys to join me on twitch to explore d1-d2-poe-grim dawn games that give the arpg fanbase something to look forward too since you know, blizzard hasn't listened in years. Those 800 people who just got laid off? that DIDN'T have to happen but it's a result of absolute garbage communication, and worrying more about where to get there next easy dollar from mobile gaming. I could care less if you downvote me because the reality of the !@#$uation (yes %^-*uation) is that blizzards higher ups don't give a crap about any of us, and these devs are losing their jobs for what? Oh because this company has made it understood they're listening over the past decade but not only that? that they are always actively engaging? you have to either be absolutely ignorant to not want to learn from what we've seen or you're such a fanboy that you just refuse to see it and in turn you've become delusional. This company has continued to show that they value the fastest dollar they can make the easiest way, instead of utilizing the potential for the great games that we've all said a million times we would pay for. so downvote me all you want, lol I speak from the factual standpoint that this company is so out of touch with reality that they truly believe wholeheartedly that people are going to sit with a charger plugged into their phones for long periods of time a day and feel immersed. HA!

I can say with utmost certainty that NO ONE downvoted you for your words about Actiblizzard.
About 80 % in here feel the exact same way.

The reason you DID get downvoted is your blatant advertising of yourself and your Stream, using this situation and all the hatred and grieve it has caused, to gain something from it.
'You are fed up with Blizz? Give ME attention, as I don't like them either!'

Thatis quite appalling.
Many people made videos about that topic. Me included.
They linked the videos,orother people's videos ablut it here.
You know what the difference is here?
Those videos are ABOUT this topic.
Your selfadvertising? NOT about this topic.
You even said it yourself, you play other games than Diablo, or other Blizz games.
So, why does it belong here?
Because you are mad at Blizz?
Because you are one of us?
A 'hero for the people'?
By all means, keep up streaming.
Do play games. Play Grimm Dawn, PoE, whatever.
And plug your channel.
But not here.
Not in this topic.
And do not mask it as something it is not.

Good luck for the future,
Renegade Cactus
02/04/2019 03:34 AMPosted by Eskhata
Is it just me or this thread is just as useful as a parachute made out of concrete? What was its purpose in the first place anyway ? Who are we even talking to exactly, beside ourselves? Are they even listening anymore at this point ? I guess not. This thread is nothing but another giant middle-finger to their core fanbase, dressed up as a rather pathetic attempt to handle the blizzcon fiasco.

Thank you Blizzard, thank you.

Lets make fresh D2 characters and find Zod runes before we get any response/action/engagement.

Who's with me?
Alright firstly, you don't know me or my intentions. My brother just passed away and I'm stuck at home due to a neck operation I'm having. Secondly trying tobe something I'm not? Have you seen my other posts? I've been playing diablo from the beginning I'm very upset like the rest of everyone here who is pained by this !@#$. You say me posting my streaming here is irrelevant, on the contrary I'm actually speaking to everyone here who hasn't played Diablo one or two or other great games like path of exile or grim dawn I'm streaming them because I'm stuck at home and I'm trying to bring light to other games playthroughs more etc to show that since blizzard has yet to give a %^-* to respond to anything except some measly !@# mobile game that there are other options. I could care less what you think of my post truthfully. I just have people the option to come explore the first two games with me who haven't played them who love and enjoy diabloq because we all know Diablo there has been on the brink of destruction we all know that blizzard hasnt been engaging like they should after Sat my they were actively listening and engaging. I just want to show people who are starving for a new arpg what a games like so they may enjoy it until something better than Diablo immortal from the Diablo universe arises. I'm not a hero, but neither are you. I'm just trying to give all of the people who havent seen or maybe not even reallyknown or were on the fence about buying some of these other games, a play through and help them find a reason to hold onto the arpg series until something else comes our way from blizzard if it even does. I can atleast say I tried to show some of you some other options while Diablo is a mess. , and go through the best two games in the Diablo world. Take it however you see it guy, perception is everything. To you I could be portraying a guy trying to be a hero but to me it's just while I'm stuck at home dealing with physical rehabilitation and my depression, it's giving people who are starving for something Diablo or Diablo like to play or watch while blizzard has us on a backburner in hell. Peace be with you dude. Im done.
02/14/2019 05:37 AMPosted by DeathbyFurio
Alright firstly, you don't know me or my intentions. My brother just passed away and I'm stuck at home due to a neck operation I'm having. Secondly trying tobe something I'm not? Have you seen my other posts? I've been playing diablo from the beginning I'm very upset like the rest of everyone here who is pained by this !@#$. You say me posting my streaming here is irrelevant, on the contrary I'm actually speaking to everyone here who hasn't played Diablo one or two or other great games like path of exile or grim dawn I'm streaming them because I'm stuck at home and I'm trying to bring light to other games playthroughs more etc to show that since blizzard has yet to give a %^-* to respond to anything except some measly !@# mobile game that there are other options. I could care less what you think of my post truthfully. I just have people the option to come explore the first two games with me who haven't played them who love and enjoy diabloq because we all know Diablo there has been on the brink of destruction we all know that blizzard hasnt been engaging like they should after Sat my they were actively listening and engaging. I just want to show people who are starving for a new arpg what a games like so they may enjoy it until something better than Diablo immortal from the Diablo universe arises. I'm not a hero, but neither are you. I'm just trying to give all of the people who havent seen or maybe not even reallyknown or were on the fence about buying some of these other games, a play through and help them find a reason to hold onto the arpg series until something else comes our way from blizzard if it even does. I can atleast say I tried to show some of you some other options while Diablo is a mess. , and go through the best two games in the Diablo world. Take it however you see it guy, perception is everything. To you I could be portraying a guy trying to be a hero but to me it's just while I'm stuck at home dealing with physical rehabilitation and my depression, it's giving people who are starving for something Diablo or Diablo like to play or watch while blizzard has us on a backburner in hell. Peace be with you dude. Im done.

Regardless of your physical and mental state (i'm sad for your loss and i wish you all the best in your road to fully recover) - fact of the matter is you advertised yourself. That's against the rules of the forums. My opinion of you is irrelevant to you as your opinion of me is irrelevant to me. That being said - by actively telling people to look for you on twitch, you advertised yourself and that's not something you do. Simple as that.
Sacktivision
The most hardcore gaming company now try to create a game for casual Chinese kids. And then give single !@#$ about 10 or 20 years fan of the franchise and the company. Shareholderactivision is doing a great job, once again i hope they delete this forum and the diablo game, just throw it away plz
Moron
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.
02/13/2019 02:31 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Heck earlier I mentioned that my proof is Occam's Razor.

Funny thing is despite saying the truth you still get downvotes. Hahah. Fanbase sure is jaded right now.
not to attack nev or anything but, the path with less asumptions would be that she is not good at her job, so that`s not the best way to defence her, not to mention that occam focus on assumptions so ....
02/15/2019 11:33 AMPosted by JUTRA
not to attack nev or anything but, the path with less asumptions would be that she is not good at her job,

In the case of this thread, that is not true. Nev has no authority or ability to write a PR statement to address the mess that was DIE at Blizzcon. That is handled at the executive PR and legal level. She is allowed to post it when and if they ever give her a statement like that. I don't expect they will.

All she can do at this point is remind mgt every week that we are STILL upset and STILL want news for what is next.

Of course, what is next won't happen on the forums either. It will be at a major convention like PAX East, Gamescom, or Blizzcon. That is just how Blizzard does stuff.

Her job is to post that statement from PR and legal if she ever gets one - but she is not bad at her job for not posting what she does not have.