A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 258 259 260 270 Next
04/13/2019 12:53 PMPosted by Brogoth
04/13/2019 12:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah

This forum IS going to be moved over. They recently changed the Hearthstone forums which was delayed from fall. Our forum should be next on the list.

That's a shame, tbh. I really don't like the new forums. The lack of a downvote button in particular is awful.

With how bad Blizzard handles things now, that's not really surprising that it's gone.

RIP to the Blizzard we once knew before being ran by investors.
Once for gamers by gamers, now for profit by suites.
Well, you did it Blizz.

You managed to piss off the players almost as much as the DI fiasco.

Who gets the bonus check for this bright idea to gate the stash?

You got long suffering players out there stuffed with items cause you keep changing up the game. Take some responsibility for once. I was actually going to start paying cash again for your other games like HOTS cause I thought you actually meant the 5 stash tabs as good will.

I used to spend quite a lot of money on your games, but not since the DI disaster. Just check my account and you'll see that I was one of your best customers.

Don't plan on opening up my wallet anytime soon.
04/13/2019 04:05 AMPosted by Argronok0
Is it me or has Blizz been very quiet about Diablo Immortal for months now?
They want to stay quiet because they want the whole fiasco to blow over. They don't want to agitate their investor overlords with any more bad news regarding that game.
It's been half a year... it's not going to "blow over."
Well, sorta has since we are still here and just writing posts that are being read by only us.
The new stash tabs being gated behind seasons is a great example of how Blizzard is not listening to its players. No one said hey these should be gated behind seasons, not given to us for free! So many people were happy for ungated stash tabs and now this? *sigh* give them to us for gold like on the PTR, not gated behind seasons. Now I'm not sure I'll play season 17 because the stash tabs were my reason for playing it.
Why are the last 3 pages about a D3 mechanic? (stash? what?) Why do you people even play D3? Should have been renamed to Greater rift 3 a couple years ago.

No economy, no pvp, no competition since you gotta bot for paragons to actually be competitive. Why is this discussion about stash space suddenly? Are you gonna stash gems? runes? perfect legendaries? And for what? to sell them? to the vendor?

Wtf am i reading?
I have a iPhone and I’m DI-ready y’all
How the hell did the CM and diablo 3 PR cats dodge being laid off!?
04/15/2019 10:03 PMPosted by PowerCosmic
I have a iPhone and I’m DI-ready y’all

I hear the sarcasm. I like it.

I was excited about the ungated stash tabs! I have some health problems and I don't like grouping with others because I never know how long I'm going to feel well enough to actually sit up and play. I don't want to be a burden on a group that volunteers to let me tag along and then I have to leave in 20 minutes.

So I haven't -ever- earned a stash tab, even though I do play seasons from time to time. These 5 stash tabs would have been great for people like me!! Why do the console players get to just buy theirs, but we have to jump through hoops to get any more storage?
04/15/2019 10:52 PMPosted by Imperious

They did not dodge it. We now have one CM. We had 2.5
04/13/2019 12:53 PMPosted by Brogoth
04/13/2019 12:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah

This forum IS going to be moved over. They recently changed the Hearthstone forums which was delayed from fall. Our forum should be next on the list.

That's a shame, tbh. I really don't like the new forums. The lack of a downvote button in particular is awful.

Removal of downvote is something that is a part of cause and effect. The reason it is removed is due to the cause of others abusing it. its abuse is what causes it to be removed. Hitting it just because the posts or threads goes against the majority of the forum posters is not good at all. Sure there are those that done so properly. The ones that use it properly are punished with the ones that abused it.

04/14/2019 07:38 AMPosted by Hypersonic
04/13/2019 04:05 AMPosted by Argronok0
Is it me or has Blizz been very quiet about Diablo Immortal for months now?
They want to stay quiet because they want the whole fiasco to blow over. They don't want to agitate their investor overlords with any more bad news regarding that game.

The likelihood of the Diablo Immortal fiasco blowing over at this point is slim and none. That is unless Blizz does something long before or after Diablo Immortal's release that hit a few grand slam home runs as far as new Diablo games for the PC goes.

It is so bad that I highly doubt that we will see nearly the same amount of people at Blizzcon this year as last year. Even though D4 could be announced for PC as well as becoming a kick butt game. But still they could very well be entertaining crickets at Blizzcon compared to last year. That is unless the fiasco is so bad that they decide to not have Blizzcon for this year.

04/15/2019 09:29 PMPosted by Telamon
No economy, no pvp, no competition since you gotta bot for paragons to actually be competitive. Why is this discussion about stash space suddenly? Are you gonna stash gems? runes? perfect legendaries? And for what? to sell them? to the vendor?

First of all I am sure that you know that this game wasn't properly designed to support and economy or pvp.

Second, while I don't like botting as much as everyone else. I can say that paragons are not the end all be all that everyone thinks they are. Without the right gear to back you up you can have more paragon than another player but that lower paragon player can be higher in the GR clears on the leader boards.

I have seen it multiple times throughout the seasons with differences of around 1,000 paragon or more. If paragon was that end all be all that everyone makes it out to be then the true tops of the leader boards would be seen as paragons instead of GR clears. Each one down the line would be lower there would be none that would be higher than the ones above them. But still that is what I have seen for multiple seasons.

What I think is happening here are two things. One the individual with the higher paragon doesn't have as good of gear as the lower paragon. Two the lower paragon player is a better player in terms of efficiency. I do believe that there are those that bot, and like I said before I hate botting, that don't bot efficiently or play the game efficiently.

04/16/2019 05:59 AMPosted by Elyssa
I hear the sarcasm. I like it.

I was excited about the ungated stash tabs! I have some health problems and I don't like grouping with others because I never know how long I'm going to feel well enough to actually sit up and play. I don't want to be a burden on a group that volunteers to let me tag along and then I have to leave in 20 minutes.

So I haven't -ever- earned a stash tab, even though I do play seasons from time to time. These 5 stash tabs would have been great for people like me!! Why do the console players get to just buy theirs, but we have to jump through hoops to get any more storage?

I know that the stash tabs can be earned solo, I have done it for all of the current four stash tabs that currently can be unlocked by playing seasons. Sure some were harder than others due to a few factors. The first one was hard due to me not having a good game plan I was playing a monk and using my own personal build. Another one was hard because it was the time that they change the game by adding new torments and changing four minutes to save the world (beating T10 rift in four minutes) to five minutes the save the world (beating a T13 in 5 minutes. At that time I was playing a helltooth Garg WD build. I felt so frustrated I didn't touch the next season.

Monk around 200 hours (no plan)
DH around 65 hours (good strong plan)
Crusader around 65-100 hours
Witch Doctor Helltooth build many seasons after the failure around the same hours played as the crusader.

I would do things a lot differently than now. I would definitely take the route that I did with the DH and greatly speed up my way of unlocking them if that is what I want to do.

I am just trying to encourage you to do so solo. The only thing that I did that would be different than what you might be thinking of is look at the conquests. If there are at least two of the five that would be doable and I want to unlock a stash tab then I would figure out what class and build to use.

Take next season, even though it is the season of LoN. I will still use a set to unlock the stash tab because I feel it will be far faster than using what is the main attraction LoN builds. Yes I am aware that there is no doubt a LoN Wave of Light monk build. But I know it will take a while to get all of the ancient versions of the legendaries needed for the build. This would be my plan if I do plan to do just that. I would only do it to see just how fast I can unlock a stash tab. Kind of like trying to come close to if not beat my record of 65 hours on my DH.

Removal of downvote is something that is a part of cause and effect. The reason it is removed is due to the cause of others abusing it. its abuse is what causes it to be removed. Hitting it just because the posts or threads goes against the majority of the forum posters is not good at all. Sure there are those that done so properly. The ones that use it properly are punished with the ones that abused it. .

I don't think it can really be abused in the manner you are suggesting. If someone downvotes posts that they dislike then how is that abusive? Isn't that what the functionality is for?

If the majority of the users on the thread dislike someone's posts and they get greyed out because of it then it should be helpful for the devs to see those posts as suggestions that they ought not to use since most people dislike them.

Seems like a valuable tool in finding what suggestions are approved of by the fanbase and which are not. It's not like a single person can spam downvotes to hide posts they dislike. We all only get one vote either yea or nay.
Instead of spreading your team's out on multiple projects, why don't you just.. idk? Work on ONE Project that everyone wants?? No one cares about a Netflix series or book series or whatever else, unless it is a PC GAME.
04/16/2019 09:14 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

I am just trying to encourage you to do so solo. The only thing that I did that would be different than what you might be thinking of is look at the conquests. If there are at least two of the five that would be doable and I want to unlock a stash tab then I would figure out what class and build to use.

Thank you for being encouraging! I do plan on trying again, it's just frustrating that we have to jump through hoops like this when others can just buy the space. Demon Hunter would probably be a good character for me to do it with! I will try next season and see if I am successful :)
Still no blue response. Maybe the forges are burning so hot they lost track of the time?
04/16/2019 09:33 AMPosted by DigChamp
I don't think it can really be abused in the manner you are suggesting. If someone downvotes posts that they dislike then how is that abusive? Isn't that what the functionality is for?

They downvote because they don't like the fact that the person doesn't agree with the majority of those here on the forums. They are not Yes Man/No Man type of posters. Where they would agree with anything the majority says, even when the majority is wrong about a matter. If they say anything to the person downvoted they might call them troll, fanboy, shill, etc...

If the majority of the users on the thread dislike someone's posts and they get greyed out because of it then it should be helpful for the devs to see those posts as suggestions that they ought not to use since most people dislike them.

If you think that the like dislike is the perfect system then I have to say that you are quite wrong there. It is the devs job to determine whether or not a suggestion is good enough to be part of the game or not. The ones greyed out also include posts that are not suggestions at all. Just part of a discussion.

Seems like a valuable tool in finding what suggestions are approved of by the fanbase and which are not. It's not like a single person can spam downvotes to hide posts they dislike. We all only get one vote either yea or nay.

I wouldn't doubt that there are enough players here that would love to have free and open trading back into the game. I know that isn't possible because of how the game is designed. It would have to go through a grand overhaul which is not likely at this point in its life. Itemization would have to vastly change to be able to support trading. You would have to take the focus off of sets or make more sets so you can have alternatives to the best sets in the game.

I highly doubt that you could sell to players the idea that they have to wait an extremely long time, a whole season just to be able to find all of the pieces of a set for a build that they want to be able to play at the level they want to play it. That is just finding all of the pieces let alone being able to play it at GR110+ which would take even more time to do.

04/16/2019 01:53 PMPosted by Elyssa
Thank you for being encouraging! I do plan on trying again, it's just frustrating that we have to jump through hoops like this when others can just buy the space. Demon Hunter would probably be a good character for me to do it with! I will try next season and see if I am successful :)

I don't mind helping when I can and I am sure that if you have a good plan along with knowing that two of the challenges a GR45 no set items is gonna be easier than normal because of the inherent LoN buff. Plus Avarice isn't that hard at all. I am sure that even playing in T13 with very little Gold Find and a Boon of the Hoarder/Avarice band gold wrap speed farm setup would be more than enough to get the Avarice conquest. More so if the T13 rift is a big open area with only one floor with a lot of density.

Before the nerf to the gold goblin I was able to get the Avarice challenge in a T13 speed farming rift. I got it on the first floor with two gold goblins. Then on the next floor I had another gold goblin and very heavy density without any backtracking the first floor I got around 60 million streak the next one 65 million streak, I had great rng on that rift.
Please, no gays/transgenders in new Diablo game.
guys ... can any1 post all "neverlisting" replies from blizz to players?
04/16/2019 08:31 AMPosted by MissCheetah
04/15/2019 10:52 PMPosted by Imperious

They did not dodge it. We now have one CM. We had 2.5

I'm fairly certain we're actually down to 0.00000001, judging by their communication skills.