A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 30 31 32 264 Next
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

I feel like if the people there actually read your OWN forums, you wouldn't need to have a discussion about it after that poor display at blizzcon. You would have had something figured out after the years of players saying what they wanted.
it's diablo which is rated M for mature so I I'm pretty sure or better yet.... don't know if blizzard doesn't know for sure anymore because blizzacon this year had to be the worse blizzcon in my opinion. just the hole diablo announcement ruined it because people were just angry and not happy.
11/07/2018 03:07 PMPosted by nvvr
A mobile release isn't our biggest concern it's the future development of the Diablo franchise.
I would slightly disagree. The biggest concern is absolutely the future development of the Diablo franchise. But a mobile release is equally concerning. Mobile games, in my opinion, are essentially cash-grabs for companies looking to make a quick dollar via micro-transactions. It’s a cheap shot that looks ingenious. Plus, with a game like Diablo where you invest 100+ hours into it, nobody wants to do that on a phone. Mobile games should be simple and easy enough to play while sitting on the toilet. Diablo is not the game for that.

I want Diablo 4 to be a dark and grittier game like Diablo 2 with similar graphics.
I personally want Diablo 4 to have that 'solo' (still up to a party of four) feeling that Rhykker mentions here: https://youtu.be/JKFgpkKEK14?t=4442

Or at least the ability to do something close like private instances or something if it has to go MMO

This really a bad idea? Odd.
(spanish/english)

El primer juego que alguna vez jugué en mi vida fue Diablo, cuando tenia 8 años y lo jugaba muerto de miedo pero emocionado a la vez, este juego repercutió en mis gustos visuales y musicales, Diablo para mi es el primer amor, el primer juego que instalé en mi primer computador en 1997. Recuerdo jugarlo en mi habitación a oscuras, comiendo galletas y cubierto con una manta, para mi a esa edad la pantalla de mi computador era enorme, así que podía apreciar cada detalle del juego. Cuando salió Diablo2 me impresionó la calidad visual que presentaba, gasté horas e incluso días enteros jugando, y recuerdo con mucho cariño el refugio que era mi habitación jugando ese juego.

Diablo Inmortal tal vez prometa una historia nueva, un capitulo intermedio que necesitaba conocer, pero jugarlo en una pantalla de celular sería una experiencia muy incomoda ya que tengo un iPhone7 y su pantalla no es la optima para jugar en el. Yo soy de Chile en Sudamérica, para mi, comprar un iPhone plus me significa 1.500 dolares (eso es la mitad de lo que me costaría un computador de alta gama) y ademas el dolor en las manos por tenerlas en una posición anti natural por mas de 15 minutos será demasiado.

Los dispositivos móviles están hecho para conectarnos, para informarnos y para ser una herramienta de trabajo y tal vez para algún juego simple donde pueda jugarlo solo con mi pulgar.

Un juego completo para dispositivos móviles es una PÉSIMA idea y alguien debería ser despedido.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first game I ever played in my life was Diablo, when I was 8 years old I played it scared but excited at the same time, this game reverberated in my visual and musical tastes, Diablo for me is the first love, the first game that I installed it on my first computer in 1997. I remember playing it in my dark room, eating cookies and covered with a blanket, for me at that age the screen of my computer was huge, so I could appreciate every detail of the game. When Diablo2 came out I was impressed by the visual quality that it presented, I spent hours and even whole days playing, and I remember with great affection the refuge that was my room playing that game.

Diablo Immortal may promise a new story, an intermediate chapter that I needed to know, but playing it on a cell phone screen would be a very uncomfortable experience since I have an iPhone7 and its screen is not the optimal one to play in. I'm from Chile in South America, for me, buying an iPhone plus means $ 1,500 (that's half of what a high-end computer would cost me) and also the pain in my hands for having them in an unnatural position for more. 15 minutes will be too much.

Mobile devices are made to connect us, to inform us and to be a working tool and maybe for a simple game where I can play it with my thumb alone.

A complete game for mobile devices is a BAD idea and someone should be fired.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

All you had to do at Blizzcon was say D4 was in development sorry we don't have much more than this but we do have this phone game to tie you over for the time.
11/07/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Ironman
Let me guess... the Activision Corporate "C"s forced the mobile BS on Blizzard because $$$$ is all that drives them. But when stock prices dropped, they knee jerked and wanted to know how "Blizzard" botched this whole thing up that THEY demanded be put in place in the first place.

We could spend hours crafting posts about all the things we have been saying over the years, about what we had hoped for, but at this point... we know it's not people passionate about game development that are DRIVING THE BUS anymore.

*sigh*

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who smells Activision all over this idea.

Dayntee, as I said on twitter you're awesome and we love you. You need bring us something more than we hear you. I know you and Lashes and everyone else in the Diabloverse are working very hard on what ever projects yall have. As a pc gamer who's been watching games get lifted to mobile, hearing a full scale Diablo game exclusive to mobile did not endear me to this. Nearly all of blizzards fans are pc purists. A mobile game and nothing else was a slap in the face. 100 percent not your fault though, the corporate side is to blame I feel.

I did catch you sayimg that something was planned for next season of Diablo 3. My suggestion is to announce that ASAP, and this season a couple weeks early and start 16 as soon as. Diablo is the only franchise that doesn't get quarterly or yearly content, that needs to change.

If you really hear us, and I believe you do, then that's what we need. We need PC/console content. We need a new D3 balance patch so that the condemn crusader isn't the strongest build 3 seasons in a row
We need more content for Diablo 3. PLEASE give us the Druid in D3. You saw the reaction to the Druid at the Diablo Q&A. You heard the crowd. You teased it last December on the PTR. Please release it and give us another great class to enjoy with additional content. Maybe even a new Act to tie up some story plots? Maybe a story plot to save Leah's soul? Also, make some of the other class set's more viable in higher grs like Uliana's for the Monk. Make it to where each class has at least two to three viable class sets/builds that way people can enjoy multiple builds and not feel forced to stick with one build. I think all of this would help.
Hi,plz stay a while and listen to me...
Thank you for listening to us,I hope it's not too late.
I'm a Blizzard fan from China,and I want to tell u what is the key to the problem.
1.many fans has said that a mobile game is ok but you chose to show the mobile game to us at this moment,to all your corefans,but without any-other new content to Diablo on PC.and don't forget the premise is that Netease had hinted the message that there would be big news on Blizzcon,many anchor hint the news to fans. And I heard that outside the wall,you also said there're many Diablo items in development.So we Chinese fans bought virtual tickets and wait until 3:00 am,I believe it's same in many other Countries or Areas in Asia or Europe,and many fans gone to Anaheim,waiting for new Diablo.Then you told us there was only a mobile game,nothing else.
2.I'm afraid you were not understand why Chinese fans are so disappointed.Let me tell you. In China,Netease is a Pronoun of p2w(pay-to-win),the game is free but if you want to have a good time in the game,you have to pay money for charactors,materials,jewels...as many items as you can imagine. the more you pay for it,the stronger your charactor in game is,if you don't pay any for it,you'll be always defeated by the players who paid much money.
We have played too many games like this,and we're becoming tired about it,even traditional mobile game players are tired about it after paying too much money for several similar mobile games. So we're afraid that Diablo Immortal will become a pay-to-win game.Think about it,if that happend, Diablo Immortal will be the first game which is very unbalance made by Blizzard. And what about other Blizzard‘s mobile games in future? It will be a disaster for Blizzard.If Diablo Immortal will be different from them,Operate like other Blizzard games in china,such as Diablo3 or Hearthstone, I think many players will enjoy it.
I know Blizzard need money,but Blizzard is different from Netease,you are based on your quality and your fans,while Netease makes many pay-to-win games as tools to get players' money,without caring the quality.If Blizzard do the same thing, rather than making one more epic game, you'll be not diffrent from any other game developer.
Hard to hear the PC community over a loud "cha ching!" of mobile microtransactions.
Stop saying thank you. This is the biggest piss poor response ever.

I want to start by saying i read you

Well you know we were not specting this or anything different from D4/D2 remaster or new class (druid) for D3.

i wasnt prepared for this, and my anger was increasing with the concept art of DI, because thats something i want for the next pc game and moar.
(and please change the name of Zoltun Kulle's Library, yep not the same than D3, to prevent any confusion in the future use lab/sanctum/sanctuary/lair/whatever)
Well thanks for the communication blizzard. I am fond of the idea of diablo mobile but with reservations. I am a long time PC d2 / d3 player. I feel that much of your work in switch port detracted from development of the PC diablo 3. Things have been stagnant for the past 4 seasons.

Since you hear me, then please listen to me, or do even greater than my one shot bullets. I am echoing many posts contributed to the diablo forms over the years.

-noone cares about wings or portrait frames.
-breath fresh life into Litany of the Undaunted set.
-breath fresh life into blackthorns set.
-breath fresh life into all crafted items.
-Mix up the builds and add some new items that are build changing. We know balancing is hard, we dont need balanced. We need new gameplay to keep it exciting. Diablo 3 still has so much life left in it, you keep playing(patching) it at your end, and ill keep playing(playing) it on mine. I loved being on PTR and reading patch notes to experiment and see what was going to work.
-Druid class
-the necro was suppose to be a summoner class, its a class that summons but the witch doctor feels more of a summoner than necro. The necro also needs more damage reduction, in many cases hes a glass cannon on cooldown.

Themed seasons feel empty, but if theme seasons were added to the above comments, than it would be cool.

Brandy did say more stuff is coming for the next season of diablo 3. You are not done with diablo 3. I look forward to it. Do this before christmas.

Blue text me a reply if you want some clarification or helpful ideas. And blue text me a replay to show that you hear me and want to listen.

And dont you dare make it so i have to pay for VIP level 16 status (assuming 500 dollars later) to play diablo mobile without being locked out.

Yes, it looks exactly like a spam you found around and copy/paste it here. I won't be surprised if this is old turd (5 yeas ago, when you were appointed here). Nothing between these line suggest that is writen by a person in the first place and second..after the catastrophic event on Friday. Just a generic, good for nothing message.
One last piece of feedback/advice/question I have is...

When was the last time Wyatt, Justin, or anyone on the dev and PR team fired up Diablo II and just.. played? If you haven't in many years, do it. The whole internal team should. I just started a new Druid last night and was immediately hooked. The experience is dark, atmospheric, moody but most of all it's FUN. There is a small intro and then you are off to slay baddies in multiple directions. Is it perfect? No, but it's darn near for us ARPG fans.

I don't want to speak to this entire community but I from what I glean from this community, we don't need all the fluff and BS. If you aren't working on Diablo II Remastered, you could model the next game after Diablo II in a modern graphics engine and most of us would be thrilled. Remember the legacy of why most us are still here all these years later... (Spoiler: It ain't Diablo III)

And for the love of all that is holy, HIRE BACK MATT UELMEN, at any price, to do the music... :)
Here is some more feedback:

When your Diablo Immortal blunder is part of the gaming community !@#$%^-*!@ and is a meme, your are on extremely thin ice.

Just look how well EA stock is doing after they became a joke/meme of the general community. Nobody treats them seriously, nobody wants to buy their games.

Blizzard has lost its previous aura of being that great "ready when its ready" legendary game developer. One more #$%^up like this will not just kill diablo but kill the whole company.

Next time you alianate yourself and your products from your core PC fanbase is when you will irreversably destroy the reputation of the company and go to the PR dumpsters together with EA and Activision where you belong.
k so I will try and not be an angry fan anymore, and be more proactive. Here is a hopefully legit discussion of what we want. We've essentially been saying for years now some of these:

1. D4 with more in depth character building - so you can actually, build a character like d2, but more new age make it your own. But make choices permanent or with few resets so I actually have a reason to keep playing, and also so my character isn't just gear like in wow.

2. Darker game - more like the older two. Just gothic horror and that creeping uneasy feeling the first two gave. Even in light areas like the inner cloister I felt unsafe and like death was around every corner.

And for the love of all things evil, try and hire Matt Ulmen for the soundtrack or a good imitator. I was just listening to the cut song 'lord' from the d3 soundtrack and wow what a difference that guys music made to the series. He is an insanely good composer for the theme of the series.
The fact that all your best developers are moving to mobile projects for all your intellectual properties is a horrible omen. I am very sad to say that I feel like the soul of this company is dead. I've been an absolute die hard fan of all of those properties since the original orcs and humans and I've got to say that I don't see how that can continue with blizzard pursuing this course. I'm sure the majority of others feel the same.

If that's the new model then good luck in the Asian markets because if that doesn't work out for you there probably won't be many of us left here. We bled blizzard blue for the master crafted quality PC franchises that you created. It doesn't look like those are a PRIORITY any longer. I hope this changes but my more cynical side says this is the end of one of the greats. Tragic really.
DONT LET SOME CHINESE POS COMPANY MAKES YOUR GAMES! IF YOU'RE GOING INTO MOBILE, THEN DO IT YOURSELF! DO IT RIGHT!