A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 45 46 47 270 Next
The best thing you can do is sell the trademark Diablo by real developers of PC games

p.s. We need D2 Remastered and D3 expansion
11/07/2018 03:11 PMPosted by atom0s
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
we hear you

You do understand that it is hard for us to really believe that when you haven't listened for years, right?

At this point actions speak louder than words. You and the entire Diablo team need to re-earn the communities trust.

Don't confuse the lack of announcements with a lack of activity on the topic Diablo for PC? They may have been working on what's next for PC for years, too. But announcing a game is a big deal for a publicly traded company. For example, if they later change direction in a big way, it'll be very awkward.
I am a Korean user who is very waiting for Diablo Immotal. Pre-registration is finished. The mobile game market is full of fakes! It is the moment I dreamed. If you look at the release play video Diablo long Diablo I want to say.
However, the bottom right hand skill windows are too clunky ... I do not want to have one of the basic skill that I used with my existing mouse ... I would like to make it like two left and right mouse. It is different from existing mobile. It is like 6 kinds of skill like Diablo for computer
place your bets everyone on how many days it will be befor we get another generic drone response my guess is next monday because that seems to be the proper day to say one generic response that we all have heard befor and post nothing else hell at this point in time i'm pretty sure its just a bot on a timer making a tread and posting one pre defined thing and thats it so it seems like they "hear us"

on a side note proper way to do a blizzcon diablo announcement:

1: announce your dumb diablo mobile game
2: announce that a diablo 2 or 1 remaster is in the works and coming soon
3: tease a small trailer for diablo 4 that could of been made in a couple hours
"We hear you"

Yeah - thats why you force us to grinding gear games and Path of exile
instead of giving us D4 or a D2 remake.
Diablo community everyone UNITED !
We hear you, we care about you... 6years to prove it, and you choose casually now? after losing billions in stocks? this is just a case?
Oh I get it, now to make us happy and cover your a** if your mobile company project will fail, you will start to work to diablo 4 full time.

Next year we will get a video at blizzcon, so people will be happy for a game that we will se probably in 2023. Hype hype hype. Other option, that not exclude the other, you will make diablo immortal playable in a year from now on pc, also this to not loose your hc fans.
Sorry but I m tired of waiting 12 years for a sequel. Also, just to tell you again, you had 6 years, plus 10+ from d2 to d3 and you delivered it not finished with rmah, and it took you years to fix it.
A46 billion dollars company( with a not existent cm) that choose to disclose when actually it gets in your pockets. Good luck for a d4 coming in 5 years, too late now, at least for me. I stopped believing in your words after 1 year from d3 launch.
You are working at d4?Release it complete, not like d3, in 2020 AT MAX. You will start working on it only now? Well in 2023 I probably won t give a f**k.
I hear you too blizz, but 6 years of nothing and a punch in the face? Good luck reacquiring my trust.
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

This means nothing, just like the times cm's have promised better comunication. Actions speak louder than words, lots louder than anything written in blue as you lot cant be trusted.

P.s. "rekt" (sorry could'nt resist)
You hear us, we see you.

Few months till the Diablo anniversary. Make it count. You have marketing opportunities.

New season - new update. New year - new reveal... OF ANYTHING.

PS: since we have mobile, may be Facebook game wont be a good choice. Just saying...

Sincerely,
We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming.

I'm not that good at english, but I will try:
I will give my opinions of what I would want to see for a future Diablo game:
First, it have to be dark, like Diablo 1 and 2, with corpses and scary gory rooms like the Butcher's room from D1... now, I understand that Blizzard is a company and making it less dark and gory they can reach a bigger audience, but I honestly believe that, if after all the negative answers you release a game or even a demo that the hardcore fanbase love, they will make free publicity of the game and tell Everyone that they should buy and play this new Diablo game.
Also, the skill tree from D2 should return, people like to customize their character and give them unique abilities and feel like they are choosing their path.
Last, don't make the main character "the chosen one", make us feel like the average Joe, a simple normal guy, and make the game feel scary, I remember that opening doors in D1 and exploring new zones was extremely scary, if you weren't careful some horrible army of demons would appear and kill you super fast.
In case you were thinking in making a remake or remaster of Diablo 2, here are the only things I will change or fix from the original game:
Graphics, Map, a bigger inventory and being able to run forever without need of stamina bar.
That's it, that's all, the rest should be EXACTLY the same as it was Diablo 2, the game is a cult classic, the less you touch and change the better.
If anyone reading this have different opinions or wants to add something, please go ahead.
The communication that you decided to share with the hardcore base fans is:

1. Mobile will be the pillar of the IP going forward.
2. We put our best teams on the mobile IP.
3. We are prepared to slaughter the IP so its available to more players.

Blizzard presented a game that the core questions is unanswered:
1. Monetization - don't tell me its hasn't been decided, is business 101, where will the money come from. Don't insult us.
2. Itemization.
3. Skills- runes like D3 or skills like D2.
Presenting nothing for Diablo would have been better. Al least we expect it.

One thing is for certain. Blizzard's communication is the worst I've seen for big business in a long time.
11/07/2018 03:11 PMPosted by atom0s
we hear you

You do understand that it is hard for us to really believe that when you haven't listened for years, right?

At this point actions speak louder than words. You and the entire Diablo team need to re-earn the communities trust.

+1

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

That's a lie !!
If you listened to us, you would not have announced the Immortal Devil's trash.
You only think about money and us who !@#$ us!
What would it cost you to get us a new character or a new act for D3? How much?? How much??
Instead you waste your time in stupid things.
It is devastating.
11/08/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Druss
The communication that you decided to share with the hardcore base fans is:

1. Mobile will be the pillar of the IP going forward.
2. We put our best teams on the mobile IP.
3. We are prepared to slaughter the IP so its available to more players.

Blizzard presented a game that the core questions is unanswered:
1. Monetization - don't tell me its hasn't been decided, is business 101, where will the money come from. Don't insult us.
2. Itemization.
3. Skills- runes like D3 or skills like D2.
Presenting nothing for Diablo would have been better. Al least we expect it.

One thing is for certain. Blizzard's communication is the worst I've seen for big business in a long time.

dont forget its family friendly

I. DON'T. !@#$ING. BELIEVE. YOU.

The blizzard fans have been telling you what mistake have been made for YEARS, you guys ignore us for equally as long. You may get in a non comment here and there to keep up the appearance that you listen, but you don't. It's painfully obvious what BLIZZARD cares about now is their bottom line, and making cash, so %^-* the fans right?

We tell you the fire is hot, but you go and touch it anyway, and i don't think you will learn until your arm is !@#$%^- ash. Until you are badly burned this cycle is going to repeat itself again and again and again. Blizzard is dead, activision sits on the throne, and when we call you for what you are now, we get batted down, again and again and again.

Do we really can trust to thou? After almost 6 years of silence and ignoring? And especially after Blizzcon? Money isn't yet everything! A words it's nothing, judge only on deeds.

Oh were you "hearing" us as you deleted literally tens of thousands of comments on your videos? You're hearing your stock price plunge, that's about it.
Look, there's no way you (you = Blizzard as a whole) guys hear us. You haven't said a word since BlizzCon about the absolute nightmare that unfolded. Until after the stock tanked over 7%. Oh now you want to talk? That roughly $4 Billion worth of shares didn't feel good to lose after you announced a mobile title that you KNEW you wanted to make went over like a fart in a packed elevator?
If you HEARD us, you would be saying something more than this little paragraph of standardized PR text.

Like for starters, an apology on how horribly mishandled the entire opening ceremonies were handled. That was the most awkward thing I've ever watched, and entirely avoidable.

An apology for the pure lack of couth when responding to the rightfully upset fans.

An apology for the deplorable canned responses and sheer lack of info even on the mobile game that you guys attempted to force feed your existing fan base.

An apology for the building of hype that ultimately culminated in a singular outcome scenario that you didn't see because you haven't been in touch with your existing fan base for years.

An apology to the fans that spent hundreds to thousands of dollars to travel to California to take in the show (many for the first time) and got the worst experience I think I've ever seen or heard about for a Con. Do you think any of them would come back?

An apology to the streamers who you invited to the show to cover the big news only to be dealt a disaster grenade to play hot potato with.

An apology to your shareholders for SEVERE miscalculation of how your existing fan base would react to a mobile entry being the big news at the end of your own Con.

An apology for not having the guts to own your mistakes (not just this one, but the many over the years) that built up to this being the last straw with the fans.

An apology for taking what was an actual April Fools joke in 2014 (and still on the Blizzard archive page) and making it a reality, which one brave fan picked up on in the post announcement Q&A.

THAT would be a good start. THAT would take a step toward the fans believing a statement like we hear you. Then they would probably be open to talking again. You've got a long ways to go to get back to the dinner table where your fans reside, and their wallets.

P.S. I have a phone, but not for this. Having a blast with PoE the last few days. Do you hear me now?
Just to clarify, when Im using "you" Im saying blizzard, mainly the people who call the shots, I dont care who they are.

You hear us, but you dont want to give any answer to your PC fanbase, and every time you have been asked about specifics regarding "other diablo projects" you have been extremely elusive, and vague. Then we see the Blizzcon-con and you later admit you are gradually moving from main platforms to mobile in order to tap bigger, easier to milk markets, and admit that the blizzcon audience wasnt your target and you knew that it wasnt going to be well received (we can talk about false advertising here).

You can come here and say what you want, but your acts speak for themselves.

edit: I would sooner buy the switch and diablo pack to play that, than upgrade my mobile phone so I can play this glitter covered manure
edit 2: and btw, I was planning to come back to diablo after leaving my wow sub so underwhelmed and dissapointed with the direction that one is in too, only to be welcomed like this... Its really sad
Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop.

It's not just Diablo that's the problem. Blizzard seems to be spiraling on a path away from their fans, and I'm afraid Diablo was just the first tipping point where the community stood up and flat out said "no".

WoW - Dungeon Finder/Raid Finder/Talents.

D3 - casualization (compared to D2)/ auction house.

D:I - Family friendly(literally what?), mobile-exclusive, treated as a "full-fledged" experience

Blizzard has been doing so much to morph their IPs into something overly accessible to far too many people, and milk every dime out of their playerbase that they can. That's not to say that the IPs should necessarily be exclusive, but if you want to reach a broad audience, you have to toe the line.

You can't just alienate the fans that made those IPs what they were and expect these players to sit down and take it.

It was especially harrowing to hear Allen Adham say directly: "We have meany of our best developers, now, working on new mobile titles across all of our IPs." It's a generally accepted fact that mobile gaming is very profitable right now. It's also generally accepted that much of that profit is due to scummy and exploitative practices that psychologically bully players into dumping money into a game in exchange for something resembling an addiction response.

You can "hear us" all you want. Most people here will likely roll over at first sight of a D4 announcement (even if they are ashamed to admit it), but I don't think that's enough. The playerbase has lost confidence in Blizzard's ability to connect with us (NOT just communicate with us), and if the same "big ideas" and "forward thinking" that caused Diablo Immortal start to bleed into Starcraft and Warcraft, you can be damned sure that the response will be exactly as bad as this one.

Recent events have convinced me that Blizzard is no longer interested in my business, so I'll be taking it elsewhere until they convince me otherwise.

If Blizzard really thinks that the mass mobile market is a better crowd than their core fanbase, consider this: Nobody goes to conventions and cosplays for Clash of Clans or Candy Crush. The things that made Blizzards fanbase so unique is built on amazing games and trust in a developer with integrity.