A Quick Word from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 270 Next
Diablo fans get new content very very seldom compared to almost every other blizzard team, save starcraft. Why is Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch can afford to give new characters and maps but all diablo 3 fans get are new seasonal affix.

For a while Diablo was really fun to play every season as builds, and sets were being worked on continuously. We got the tristam even which was fun for a little bit and a new class in Necromancer which is great for necro fans. But in terms of new content for diablo we've gotten very little. Its clear you guys have been working on Diablo but on nothing that can sedate the hunger of the player base.

New area maps in D3 are only refreshing for a little bit because of the rift central gameplay. Its not like we got a new campaign area. A new character is great, honestly that was very nice. But what else have we really gotten? An anniversary event was nice but we need more meaningful content to Diablo if we're not going to get a new game.

That being said I'm so glad you're branching out to Nintendo Switch but as a PC player you guys really aren't doing anything for me and haven't for a very long time. I just look at Diablo 3 now for the 4th or 5th season in a row wanting to have something to make this game feel alive or fresh again.
The problem is the top execs want that low effort mobile cash BUT the only way to get that is with egregious mtx. If the MTX isn't egregious then the mobile game won't make enough for them.

In chasing that dirty mobile mtx you will destroy your image and with Blizzard it's their greatest asset. You guys will just get grouped with EA. Hell I'm already seeing it. It's like the nonsense at Blizzcon about being a family and all that is just an extra scummy way to sell mobile games and fleece us with mtx. It won't work.

None of this has happened just yet but obviously the execs are completely out of touch with the community so it won't be long before they taste that mobile mtx cash flow from the whales and stop wanting to do high effort AAA projects. Unless you fill those with as much mtx as you can.

So while this is a friendly statement you guys have been saying you hear us for a long time now but Blizzcon showed such a disconnect that it's impossible that you have been. Ultimately we see the trajectory of the company so unless there is a shift up top, you guys can't really change anything.

P.S. Also make another expansion for D3. D3 just getting one expansion is a travesty. The game is on lots of consoles so lots of ways to make money but again it's still probably not enough for execs and that is concerning.
Highly Rated
I'll try to keep it short, but hit what I've perceived to be the high points of the community's reaction:

• What is the future of Diablo on PC? We understand that Blizzard employees are privy to information we, the fans, are not, but if you look at things from our point of view it seems like Diablo: Immortal is Diablo 4. If this is not the case, it would be wise to tell the community that.
  • We want a PC game - badly. What do you need from us to make it happen? If you're open and honest with us, you may be surprised to hear what we'd do to get a Diablo 4 on PC.
  • Do you really care about the fans that supported Diablo 1 - 3 anymore? Granted, we're an older demographic, but we've shown time and time again that we're passionate about the franchise and will pay good money for a quality PC game. The perception used to be that games were for kids . . . but those kids grew up, and we're adults now; that doesn't mean we've stopped loving games. We come to Diablo for the dark, gothic feel, and it seems like that's been slipping away.
  • Lastly, I wanna re-iterate this again, what would it take for us to get a Diablo game on PC? D4, D2:Remastered, D1: Remastered, or all of the above? This is what we want, be honest and lets help each other make it happen.
Hello,
How can I get the lore story from the mobile game if I don't have a mobile and don't want to play mobile game ???
Too late not?
I'm mad because how you managed Blizzcon.

You should refund all Blizzcon tickets and then apologize. It's been close to humiliating how you treated our community. Release Diablo 4 when it's ready, that's not the point. This Blizzcon has been terrible for all Diablo fans and the consequence is that we don't trust in you anymore.

I'm tired to fight with you Blizzard. It's always the same. You say you listen, but you don't.
people don't want extra paywalls on games, put a fair price on your games, sell them and go on to work the next product.
don't go around looking for ways to milk customers.
for now we need more content on d3 new character maybe? something more for end game? i dont know im skeptical about all this that happened with Immortal , just please prove you care about the community . thanks
Can I ask... how you failed to hear the community before Blizzcon 2018? It should have been absolutely no surprise Diablo: Immortal would have been received poorly. In the age of the internet, markets and PR departments have it so incredibly easy. Figuring out what exactly your customers want and do not want, what will and will not be received well should be absolutely no problem. How did you guys fail to hear us before this? And when will you fail to hear us again?

From where customers stand, it appears you do not, infact, hear us. It appears to be more than that. You do not particularly care about hearing us.
I just want Blizzard to give us proper expectations.
You can still keep secrets/surprises and set appropriate expectations!
things are getting a little to vague which leads us to lose hope or assume.

We all know what happens when we assume.
Blizzard, make the games you want to make! Make the games masterpieces and you'll be happy.

If they make money, they make money.

If your company is just a gaming investment firm, and you're going to hire outside studios to make games, then do that. It'll be a new move, you'll make mistakes at the start, and then you'll get better at, and eventually the great productions will emerge as long as this is your new passion.

Diablo III threw me from the saddle. But I'd bet Sanctuary will still be a good haven for good times for many again and again.
11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

So I guess we can expect a Clash of Diablo announcement at the next Blizzcon? Or will it be a Starcraft Candy Rush?
Highly Rated
Communicating from the get-go would have avoided literally all of the fallout from Blizzcon.

Fingers crossed but I am 100% expecting further disappointment.
11/07/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Dethfield
Can I ask... how you failed to hear the community before Blizzcon 2018? It should have been absolutely no surprise Diablo: Immortal would have been received poorly. In the age of the internet, markets and PR departments have it so incredibly easy. Figuring out what exactly your customers want and do not want, what will and will not be received well should be absolutely no problem. How did you guys fail to hear us before this? And when will you fail to hear us again?

From where customers stand, it appears you do not, infact, hear us. It appears to be more than that. You do not particularly care about hearing us.

No, see she forgot to put the quotes in there, what she meant was: we "hear" you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.

All you need to do, in my opinion, is breathe new life into D3. More legendaries, more biomes, more enemies, more everything. If Blizzard didn't abandon the game 3ish years ago it wouldn't be a big deal. But instead we got nothing for the franchise and nothing to keep us occupied with the franchise either. That's the problem, in my opinion.
we hear you

well... I guess either we have failed to communicate properly or Blizzard has a serious hearing problem.

actions speak louder than words, and "we hear you" is nothing but words.

show it

edit: lately the actions the studio have taken SHOW clearly that the studio is NOT listening to fans... so absolutely nobody believes the bullcrap regurgitated pr speak "we hear you"

you folks have to SHOW IT, because everything youve shown so far has been proof of the exact opposite. given that and the fact that the studio is so out of touch and even dares to try to mop all this drama up with "we here you" is just more fuel to the flames.
Yea we know. Why bother posting this? We know you're "listening" and we know "there are many more projects in the works"

Why not do something constructive and refund everyones blizzcon ticket and throw up a youtube video of some updates that are relevant to this community

my frustration isn't meant to be directed at you, i know you're just blizzards liaison here
Look, I’m going to put this to you in the most basic of ways, even though I know this is all just feigned ignorance on your part.

1) you announced a product that was unwanted by everyone in the core community. You knew this and did it anyways. The, “you don’t have phones” in unison from the presenters says that this was obviously your planned response.

2) you then paraded around at blizzcon avoiding questions as usual, and didn’t even have BASIC answers for the terrible cash grab Chinese-knockoff product you delivered.

3) you, after seeing how bad Q&A round 1 went, in round 2, only allowed questions to be asked by people featured in your blizzcon video and/or people who make their living by streaming.

4) you then proceeded to highly censor or delete many posts/YouTube dislikes/anything negative towards D:I.

5) you then went radio silent regarding everything for a period of 3 business days. I get that you’re all probably exhausted from blizzcon, so that’s really not an issue.

What IS an issue, is that after 3 business days what we receive is still not communication. You post a 3 sentence blurb that says “we’re listening.”

I call bull!@#$ on you and blizzard in general. This is shameful behavior on the part of everyone on the Diablo team, and the fact that you all continue to hide in your tower rather than dialogue with those people who support you financially shows wanton disregard for the Diablo fans.

In essence, get screwed.
Absolutely do not make the next diablo installment a kid friendly pg13 game. This game has had gore and hanging bodies since the beginning. It was a scary game about demons, hell, torture, and mysteriousness. Just listen to the lore books of diablo 1. Bring that back to us.